please lock

tigerfan23

Worth is up to each individual to determine when making a purchase....not some troll on the GolfWRX!

So, each must try them and if they meet their expectations and are affordable then buy and enjoy.

PXG haters are very sensitive to the cost of PXG clubs...LOL

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

It really is about value. If you get the same or better performance from a less expensive club, it doesn't make much sense to pay more unless you really want to; and that is completely up to you. I have not hit the gen 3, but the gen 1 and 2 didn't even make my top 5 in my fitting for irons. Other irons were noticeable better on distance, dispersion, and forgiveness. Feel is subjective and although the PXGs do feel nice, I can't justify the price just cause they may feel a little better. Also, the feel usually changes some with what shaft you end up in the club.

I don't hate PXG, just have not seen where they are worth the extra price as nothing major in performance. I play with one guy who bought the gen 2's and it didn't improve his game at all. He has since went to a different iron brand.

Again, that is up to you as an individual not someone else to determine!

If YOU don't think PXG is worth the price....then don't buy them...….BUT many DO and buy and enjoy.

And PXG sells tons of these irons.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

If anyone gets a set of Ps and wants to part with a 4i, let me know. Looking to get a single long iron with a touch more meat to it - I’ve seen a couple Ts pop up a few places but don’t want to jump on one and regret it.

FYI the 5-p set is a JDM Bridgestone Tour B X-Bl which is basically a combo set of CBs in 5-7 and blade in 8-p. Not even going to assume anyone has comparison pics with them, but basically want the 4i to be bigger than my CB 5i so don’t want to risk it with a T.

Exactly To each his own and many 911 Turbos are sold....as well as PXG irons!

Why do PXG haters have a hard time understanding that the enjoyment, looks, feel, exclusivity, etc. a product brings to an individual can validate the price? It's not ALL about performance for everyone. It's not a hard concept to grasp and it's not your money, so if you personally won't buy PXG products because of the price, that's fine because everyone perceives value differently, but there's no reason to pop up and say the same thing in EVERY PXG thread.

Back to the Gen 3's. Can anyone who's hit the P790's and the gen3 0311P's comment on the differences you've seen in forgiveness, feel, ball flight, etc? I'm interested in the 0311p's but I've never hit a PXG club. I'm not far from Chicago and before I book a fitting I was curious to hear what others have seen.

• Like 2

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

1ANPLGNURKPM.jpgLaz,

Just last nite I hit the PXG 0311 T and P. I have the P790s (first ones with the entire Taylor Made on the back). Unfortunatley I didn't hit the same shaft. Long story short, about 10 years ago, I got the Ctaper shafts in some taylor made irons. I got the 120 S +1/2. I love them, so when I got new clubs 2 years ago I just re- got those shafts. Though on trackman at the store, I hit my 7 iron P790s S 120 Ctapers (avg Carry of 197) with descent angle at 47* or so. I was hitting the 0311 Ts in the X100 Tour Issue at 195 and about 49.5 * descent angle. The PXGs were noticeably straighter and tighter dispersion. Will at least be getting my P790s reshafted.

I should have put the Ctapers in the PXGs to give it a try. But then again guy was adamant he didn't want to yada yada yada. He would have done it but it was late. (I was a walk in).

Edit: Also, I know the P790s are I think 2-3* stronger than PXGs. I asked dude in the store whether he wanted to get my 7 iron or 8 iron to compare. He was firm in the 7 iron.

Edit again.

Just got the data back and it was 185 with the Ctaper 790 Stiffs and I was off on the launch data. will post back. He actually told me he wants me to hit more if I am interested so will try hit more but I was wearing a sweat shirt and after warming up I was kind of gross

Gen 3P was with the X100

same with Tix100

Gen3T was the same head as the Tix100 but it was a 'hard stepped tix 100"

QF8W70S0Z91W.jpg

I find it funny that people love to complain about PXG being $400+ per club, but seem to take no issue with spending an equal amount or more per club for the rest of their bag, lol.

People need to stop gatekeeping. If someone wants to spend the money on PXG, a new driver, an expensive shaft, or a tour only putter, then let them. Who cares?

• Like 2

No one is stopping anyone, buy away, enjoy.

what other club in the bag is over $425, driver is it unless you have a fancy putter. You can also post a WTB ad on here and pretty much get anything you want for 25% off from every other OEM.

my new to spec Mavrik just showed up, was $50 less than a PXG 7 iron.

i am not judging, Spend your money how you want

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

AND once again, that sir is my decision...I'll spend my money as I see fit, but thanks for the thoughts.

• Like 1

I think the difference is that there are people who hate (insert whatever brand of product) just because of the price vs people who believe something isn’t worth that amount of money and choose not to buy it because of that.

In the early 80s the new owner of Gibson raised prices to give the appearance of it being a superior brand. (This issue still gets fought today on guitar forums, lol). I believe Harley Davidson did the same thing years ago. Were/are they superior? That’s a personal decision.

A number of posts above I explained how I recently came into some PXG clubs. There’s no way I’d ever buy brand new. The result/cost ratio isn’t something I could justify to myself.

However, I’ve noticed in PXG threads that PXG users don’t seem to be the ones justifying the cost. It’s moreso “they worked for me so I bought them” as opposed to “they cost more so of course they’re better!”. That’s not to say that there aren’t golfers who buy them to look cool. I’m sure there are a few of those.

Whereas the haters, to loosely use that term, seem to expect that results should be greater due to the cost.

I dunno. Will a $400 Scotty Cameron putter outperform a $75 (name your brand) putter?

• Like 1

Did you read my post? I did say it was up to the individual. I'm not bashing anyone for buying PXG clubs, just giving my personal experience that I did not see the performance from them to justify paying more. I don't have really any brand loyalty, my bag is a complete mix of different brands. I wouldn't pay $200 more for a driver if I hit it 10 yards shorter and less accurate though.

I understand people who like PXG defending them, but some seem to have the same defense of "if you can't afford it or don't want to pay it, then don't buy it". I also don't think you can just bash PXG on cost alone. But many have tried them and they don't see any performance gains, and I don't feel there is anything wrong with giving their opinion that something didn't live up to the hype.

LOL....I was agreeing with what you said and simply reiterated it in my comment.

Best,

BB

The problem with these posts, is , not many owners of these sticks talks about the playing and scoring attributes of these irons.

Would like some

I have scored many fine rounds with mizuno's, so what are these sticks offering, other than a higher price ?

• Like 1

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

I would like to know how many of the PXG haters out there, and how many of the PXG "price police" play a Scotty Cameron, Pirreti, or Bettinardi putter. Couldn't you score just as well with a Cleveland Huntington Beach Putter? If so then why in the world would you ever pay that much for a putter? Think about it.......................and then realize how is that any different than someone paying for PXG clubs?

PXG clubs are made differently. The forging process is very detailed, and the amount of milling and machining done to put their"proprietary weighting system"(screws) does not come cheap. Some of what you are paying for is some serious workmanship. And some people don't mind paying for this, just like some people don't mind paying for a Scotty Cameron putter.

• Like 3

I’ll drive my beat up Honda just so I can play PXG. Hitting a Gen3 in the sweet spot is better than a $700 car payment on a Range Rover..... oh wait I got that too!

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Haha. Love it...My wife... and she was at my PXG fitting and she stopped my purchase of 0211 because she saw the difference in the Gen3’s. Just have to wait for Hero pricing. She gets her 3rd Rover and I get Gen3’s. Love that woman!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Boy, all someone has to do is start a PXG thread and it’s not long before price point becomes the main focal point. I wish we could have a discussion on PXG that didn’t include a price vs performance bs value dialogue.

Probably not possible. So in lieu of that maybe we can just all pretty much agree that PXG clubs are expensive and leave price and value out of the discussion. Again probably not.

But it sure would be nice to focus on how is the performance compared to others. That what I am really interested in. Then I can just decide if I do for do not want to pay extra to have them.

• Like 1

I hit the Gen3 at Club Champion. Very, very, very nice but I cant justify the cost. My game doesn't do those clubs justice. I was so impressed by PXG though that I ended up getting a set of the new 0211's. The Heroes discount was very generous. They are being built as we speak. I think PXG is only manufacturer to offer a military/first responder discount directly. Also, I ordered the 0211's a few days ago, they are not discontinued.