Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo vs. Cobra T-rail Iron sets

2»

Comments

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers  4177WRX Points: 252Handicap: 10.5Posts: 4,177 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash 12*

Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood

Exotics Xrail  4h | 5h

Cobra  T-Rail 6-SW

Cleveland CBX 60* 

Callaway Sure Out 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

Titleist ProV1x Yellow

Handicap: 9.2

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • newbsaucenewbsauce Members  188WRX Points: 103Posts: 188 Fairways
    Posted:

Rogue Driver 13.5° HT ⁞ ATMOS TS Black 6X
    Rogue 4W ⁞ Tour AD TP-6 S
    Rogue 7W ⁞ ROGUE Silver 110 MSI 70 S
    Apex 4H ⁞ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
    Apex MB 18 5-PW ⁞ Project X 6.0
    Mack Daddy 4 GW 52° ⁞ Project X 6.0
    PM Grind 19 LW 58° ⁞ Project X 6.0
    Toulon Austin
    WITB Link

• rjcejkarjcejka bbbc Members  245WRX Points: 102Handicap: 7Posts: 245 Fairways

I hit the Wilson's this past weekend at the PGA superstore. I put the Project X Catalyst graphite 6.0 (ie. stiff 80 grams) in them and similar distance to the T-rail and HB turbos with the stock regular.....last time I hit the t-rail and HB turbo I was spinning around 6800 with a 7i, today around 7800 and with the Wilson/Catalyst combo I was around 6800. All very high, very straight and similar distance to my current G-irons (power spec) with Aerotech 95g regular graphite (steel-fiber). The are all just so easy to hit. Pretty easy to flight them down (ie. into the wind shot) with a punch shot. I think they are seem all very similar off mats. The shaft offering the Wilson felt better for me set to 1 degree upright. Looks I say t-rail, then Wilson, the HB turbo. When we have a demo day and I can hit them outside off the grass and see the turf interaction comparison between them I think that is where a decision will be made.

Posted:
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6649WRX Points: 302Posts: 6,649 Titanium Tees

Just a great category, glad to see the hybrid iron sets being recognized.

Posted:
  • rjcejkarjcejka bbbc Members  245WRX Points: 102Handicap: 7Posts: 245 Fairways

Courses, driving ranges and golf shops opened up north so I was able to try these clubs on the grass and watch ball flight yesterday. The shop let me take the HB turbo, T-rail, Launch Pad, and Tour Edge HL4 iron-woods (7irons, with reg and stiff graphite shaft) to their range. The T-rail off the grass had the best turf interaction, I didn't like the sound or feel or turf interaction of the HB Turbo or the Launch Pad. To me the feel of the HL4 iron-woods was the best and I was most consistent with them followed closely by the T-rail. I'm dealing with a significant wrist issue and [less] vibration at impact is key and I think the rubber slot in the HL4 dampened the most impact so I bought them with graphite regular (UST Mamiya) shafts. In this category of clubs I don't think a professional fitting is required. If you know enough about your swing and understand what you want in feel and turf interaction this category of clubs all do the same thing, get the ball in the air easily and make it go straight. For example, for the HL4 I hit the stiff, reg and "A" shaft and got exactly the same result; 7 iron dropping on the 150 yard marker. Pretty basic.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.