Horn needs to be tooted...1st eagle.

iNeedMoreGolf ·  
iNeedMoreGolfiNeedMoreGolf RiMembers  284WRX Points: 126Handicap: 14Posts: 284 Greens

Par 4. Downhill shot from tee box. 310 yard hole. I can hit anywhere from 230 to 260 on the fly depending on strike and all that. Green protected by a pond. Smash one just a hair left of the flag straight as can be. Lands on green and stops. Get to ball. 20 foot slight uphill putt straight. Line up whack it... it falls in for the 1 eagle of my golfing lifetime. Played with some random players gave me high 5s. The end. Lol. Moments like this is why we golf.

So many beautiful things about the sport.

Posted:

Comments

• dpb5031dpb5031 Jupiter, FLMembers  5832WRX Points: 1,386Posts: 5,832 Titanium Tees

Well done...congrats! 🙂

Posted:
    USGA Index: ~0

WITB:
    Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
    Ping G410 LST Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 3.0 56 (bent to 55 & 2.5 flat)
    Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2.5 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32465WRX Points: 2,447Posts: 32,465 Titanium Tees

Very nice!! And yes, so many beautiful things about this sport...and some ugly ones too, lol.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• Broke100Broke100 Members  78WRX Points: 22Posts: 78 Fairways

Fabulous. Often in golf, more things go wrong than right, not that time! Awesome. Cherish the feeling.

Posted:
  • ballpilotballpilot Members  79WRX Points: 45Posts: 79 Fairways

Toot toot!! Kids game.

Posted:
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Members  2045WRX Points: 187Posts: 2,045 Platinum Tees

Congrats!

Posted:
  • flip flappyflip flappy Members  1007WRX Points: 191Posts: 1,007 Platinum Tees

That is a heck of a first eagle! Not your run of the mill way to get one, that is for sure. Congratulations and may this be the first of many.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5
    Ping G400 5 wood
    Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
    Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

Advertisement
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3353WRX Points: 427Handicap: 7.2Posts: 3,353 ClubWRX

Pat 4 eagle for your first one is very impressive. Nicely done.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • Gorlu52Gorlu52 Members  85WRX Points: 29Handicap: 5.0Posts: 85 Fairways

Nice!

Posted:
  • iNeedMoreGolfiNeedMoreGolf RiMembers  284WRX Points: 126Handicap: 14Posts: 284 Greens

Wow thanks guys. Nice complements. Its cool to me just because i have had actually the most attempts ive ever had at eagle this summer and just kept on missin the putts. Shorter attepts then 20ft too which is the crazy part. One putt was 10ft or less for sure and missed. But yeah, ive learned to set goals when i play like how many pars in a row? Can i back to back birdie?... i havent done the back to back birdie yet. Was soo close this summer too. I think i reeled off 6 pars in a row though which that seems to make me as happy as the eagle. Just love golf man. Specialy when its goin good.

Posted:
  • vbbvbb Members  1590WRX Points: 145Posts: 1,590 Platinum Tees

Congrats! An eagle on a par 4 after driving the green is definitely an unlikely way to get your first, making it all the more cool. I've only had one myself, and it was the more "regular" par 5 in two and then drain the putt types, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Golf's little accomplishments such as pars in a row, back to back birdies, eagles, no 3 putts for a round, par or better on the par 3s and 5s, etc... those are the types of milestones that are fun to track when your scoring may not be where you want it to be (which for me is most of the time).

Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 (#4) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3W stock (S) shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3Hy stock (S) shaft
    JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 919 Hot Metal 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
    MP-T4 52* & 54*
    Odyssey O-Works #7S
  • iGuyiGuy Members  62WRX Points: 23Handicap: IDK yetPosts: 62 Bunkers

Congratulations! Always a great feeling to make an Eagle. I have only had two in my golfing life...both on par 4's...but not putting. Both making my approach shot. One with a 9 iron...one with a PW. No pictures on a scorecard except for a 2 with a big circle around it!!!!

Posted:
    WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5 (14 div)
    PING G Crossover 3, AWT 2.0 stiff (+1/2 - green dot)
    COBRA Forged TEC Black One-Length (3-GW) TT AMT Tour stiff (+1/4 in)
    PING Glide SS - 56 deg - CFS Stiff (+3/4 - black dot)
    PING Tomcat C 34in (black grip - heavy)
    W/S Duo-Spin

Advertisement
  • caeye0710caeye0710 Members  133WRX Points: 70Handicap: .5Posts: 133 Fairways

Congrats! Almost a complete copy of my first one back in high school!

Posted:
    M5 Tour Issuse 10.5* - Tour AD DI 7x
    Cally Mavrik 15* - Rogue White 130 70x 
    TM SIM Max 19* - Proforce V2 85x
    Miura MB-101 4-PW - Tour Issue S400
    TM MG2 Chrome 50, 54, 60
    TM Spider Black 34"
  • iNeedMoreGolfiNeedMoreGolf RiMembers  284WRX Points: 126Handicap: 14Posts: 284 Greens

Very nice yourselfs... just nice to be in the club. You almost start to think it wont ever happen lol. Now for the hole in one club. Harder yes? Lol

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  20835WRX Points: 4,785Posts: 20,835 ClubWRX

Great job!

Still remember my first one (and not on a par 5 which to this day still surprises me) - about 172 yard 6 iron, playing with my wife while on vacation, slightly elevated green - we looked everywhere for that ball until she looked in the hole!

Posted:
    Posted:
  • iGuyiGuy Members  62WRX Points: 23Handicap: IDK yetPosts: 62 Bunkers

Yes the hole in one is rare...well for some people. I have had only one. 7 iron one hop into the hole!

Posted:
    WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5 (14 div)
    PING G Crossover 3, AWT 2.0 stiff (+1/2 - green dot)
    COBRA Forged TEC Black One-Length (3-GW) TT AMT Tour stiff (+1/4 in)
    PING Glide SS - 56 deg - CFS Stiff (+3/4 - black dot)
    PING Tomcat C 34in (black grip - heavy)
    W/S Duo-Spin

Advertisement
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers  605WRX Points: 120Handicap: 13.8Posts: 605 Golden Tee

Awesome.

I was playing this past Saturday, No. 16 is a par 5 and usually 3 shots for me to get to the green. My drive was exceptionally good Saturday and I was looking at 220. I wasnt gonna lay up like usual. I hit an exceptionally good 3 wood, it was fading nicely to the edge of the green just like I saw it in my preshot routine.

The ball came down right on top a sprinkler head, bounced high and over the back of the green across the cart path rolled down the hill and OB. I ended up with a **** 7 that I didn't deserve!. grrrr.

Moral of the story, even when you do everything right, Eagles are rare for us hackers. Enjoy. Congrats!

Posted:
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most

Wow i was waiting to here bounce off sprinkler to 5 feet and made the putt lol. If it only missed that sprinkler at least a birdie probably. At least you know you have Opportunitys in the future.

Posted:
  • mustang6298mustang6298 Members  41WRX Points: 14Posts: 41 Bunkers

I made my first eagle on the 17th hole of the final round of my Club Championship after my sophomore year of high school. Was also playing with randoms who didn't even realize I made eagle and had to ask what I had after the hole. Still ended up beating all of them and placing 3rd.

Posted:

The quiet eagle nice lol

Posted:
  • roughhaterroughhater roughhater Members  61WRX Points: 67Posts: 61 Bunkers

Awesome and well done! My first eagle that wasn't. Well, my wife and I were playing a long dogleg right Par 5. My drive was a draw into a pond on the left. I reteed another ball and hit a big towering fade. Killed it! I hit my next short with a 5 iron and the ball bounced twice and went right in the cup! I'm jumping around and saying 'Eagle Baby, Eagle!' My wife tapped my shoulder and said, "One in, two out, hit three off the tee. Hmmm...Hit four and it went in. Nice birdie!" I still feel the sting of that to this day. LOL

Posted:

Advertisement

Oh nooo.. well its birdie so half oh noo

Posted:
  • gripandripgripandrip Members  1184WRX Points: 209Posts: 1,184 Platinum Tees

Congrats. Hopefully just the first of many more.

Posted:
  • J_carpJ_carp Members  77WRX Points: 57Handicap: 1Posts: 77 Fairways

Congrats! First of many to come!

Posted:
  • Yank8823Yank8823 Yank Members  81WRX Points: 67Handicap: 11Posts: 81 Fairways

Still waiting for mine, hopefully more to come this year, OP!

Posted:
  • livigolfslivigolfs Members  83WRX Points: 24Posts: 83 Fairways

Congrats! I still remember my first bird. And to do so on a par 4, even more memorable.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DunnoDunno Members  7WRX Points: 20Handicap: 14Posts: 7 Bunkers

Congrats, still looking for my first eagle.

Posted:
  • Munich77Munich77 Members  364WRX Points: 105Posts: 364 Greens

Congrats - the closest I have gotten was to be able to put for an eagle in like 1998!!

Posted:

Its amazing how easy the pros make it seem. They have plenty of eagles.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Fjc27Fjc27 Members  45WRX Points: 37Posts: 45 Bunkers

Congrats!!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.