Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

Any chance they are going to sell midsize in these again? It's only about the most popular grip on tour these days with so many guys changing to them, you think golf pride would sell them. Haven't tried the midsize z-cords mostly because it's distracting to look at and I don't like that. Currently still playing MCC's because I haven't liked any of the new ones to come out and tour velvets just don't last in the heat. Have tried regular size with enough tape to make them midsize but it stretches them out too much and I don't like the feel.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI Black Onyx X100

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 54.10 S - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Vokey SM9 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

• 2 months later...

> @Socrates said:

> Where did you get it that they discontinued this grip?

I don't know if they discontinued it entirely but I know it's not on their website and I have not been able to find them online. At least not knockoffs. I know guys on tour still get them though.

Titleist ProV1

You mean the ones on the website under Tour Velvet? https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet/

zz8buqeoygv8.png

The most popular grip in golf today combines an exclusive, state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound, non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability, comfort, and confidence. The Tour Velvet® is the standard upon which many club manufacturers base their grip designs.

Size Colors Weight* Core Size

Standard 45g 62 Round

Standard 49.5g 60 Round

Standard 51.5g 58 Round

Standard 49.5g 60 Ribbed

Standard 51.5g 58 Ribbed

Midsize 53.5g 60 Round

Jumbo 61g 60 Round

Undersize 47.5g 58 Ribbed

Undersize 50g 56 Ribbed

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @Socrates said:

> You mean the ones on the website under Tour Velvet? https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet/

>

> zz8buqeoygv8.png

>

>

> The most popular grip in golf today combines an exclusive, state-of-the-art rubber-blend compound, non-slip surface pattern for maximum playability, comfort, and confidence. The Tour Velvet® is the standard upon which many club manufacturers base their grip designs.

>

> Size Colors Weight* Core Size

> Standard 45g 62 Round

> Standard 49.5g 60 Round

> Standard 51.5g 58 Round

> Standard 49.5g 60 Ribbed

> Standard 51.5g 58 Ribbed

> Midsize 53.5g 60 Round

> Jumbo 61g 60 Round

> Undersize 47.5g 58 Ribbed

> Undersize 50g 56 Ribbed

>

Wrong grip that you are thinking of. My thread was about the tour velvet cord. They make and sell them in regular size but not midsize. And adding tape to a regular does not work for this grip it feels terrible.

https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet-bct-cord/

Titleist ProV1

Anybody tried the Lamkin Players Cord? They do have a Standard Plus size with less taper- not quite Mid-Size but closer. Cord is also less aggressive- almost like a Golf Pride BCT.

Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> Wrong grip that you are thinking of. My thread was about the tour velvet cord. They make and sell them in regular size but not midsize. And adding tape to a regular does not work for this grip it feels terrible.

> https://www.golfpride.com/grips/tour-velvet-bct-cord/

Funny how you look at something and still miss a word. Yeah, unless you know someone from the Tour Van, you won't find the Midsize Cord any more. Z-Cord. The Lamkin Midsize cord fits small. You might have to go to the Oversize if you choose that grip. I switched to the Midsize MCC Align when they came out. Great grip.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> Any chance they are going to sell midsize in these again? It's only about the most popular grip on tour these days with so many guys changing to them, you think golf pride would sell them. Haven't tried the midsize z-cords mostly because it's distracting to look at and I don't like that. Currently still playing MCC's because I haven't liked any of the new ones to come out and tour velvets just don't last in the heat. Have tried regular size with enough tape to make them midsize but it stretches them out too much and I don't like the feel.

I think in a pinch you're probably best off going to the Lamkin Crossline Cord in Black (if you can still find it). It was the closest I have ever found as the Z-Cord is extremely rough and hard IMO compared to the TV cord. If you don't mind a reminder, Ping sells a Midsize TV cord in their stock grip under the Yellow code (Midsize). You can pick these up pretty cheaply direct from Ping through an authorized reseller like a proshop or golf store that has a Ping account.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

> @ForTourUseOnly said:

> Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

99.9% sure that the TV Cords offered by Ping are ribbed.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
Ping G425 Max 16.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
Srixon ZX UT 2/3/4 - KBS C Taper Lite X
Srixon ZX7 5-P - KBS C Taper Lite X
Titleist SM8 Raw 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 

> @neillmacparguy said:

> What happened to GP full cord? Am I just not shopping the right places? Thanks in advance.

Yeah the GP BCT full cord are definitely still around. I had a full bag of them not too long ago (until I went to midsize). https://www.grips4less.com/products/golf-pride-mens-tour-velvet-bct-cord. Looks like they even have the 58 core.

My local shop says they probably won't come out with the midsize BCT cords. But who knows? tons of guys are switching back/still playing them.

--------------------------

witb

ping g430 lst 9* tour 2.0 chrome 75x

titleist tsr2 7w 21* tensei 1k black 85x

cobra king tour 5-p kbs $-taper 130

ping glide 4.0 50S 56S z-z115

tm spider tour cb 38"

I would 100% use these if they came in midsize. I can never get the feel right building up standard grips to midsize with tape... I think it has to do with the side of the butt end cap in top hand.

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

> @2012BFT said:

> I would 100% use these if they came in midsize. I can never get the feel right building up standard grips to midsize with tape... I think it has to do with the side of the butt end cap in top hand.

Grips aren't designed for added layers of tape under them, it totally changes them. I've tried the reg size full cords adding tape but it just firms it up too much. Makes it closer to the z-grip and I'm not a fan of them outside of maybe 2 months of the year when it's really hot out.

Titleist ProV1

They don't have any plans to sell them in midsize. I made a comment to them on social media earlier this year and they politely responded saying the demand isn't enough to justify it.

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

> @ATAlxndr said:

> > @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

>

> 99.9% sure that the TV Cords offered by Ping are ribbed.

>

Ah yes you are likely correct, forgot about that.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

• 1 month later...

> @ATAlxndr said:

> > @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > Just a heads up midsize tour velvet cord is available from Ping. Haven’t tried but usually you can just order grips from ping. They have the butt end painted yellow (gold colour code for midsize)

>

> 99.9% sure that the TV Cords offered by Ping are ribbed.

>

I ordered a replacement PING iron with the midsize cord and it is not ribbed. I have lamkin UTx midsize on majority of my clubs and this is also slightly larger, which I like.

GP hasn't sold the tour velvet cord in Midsize in over 10 years, unfortunately. The BCT came out a few years ago and I hoped they would offer it in midsize, but they did not. I've been begging them for years.

They are on the Golf Pride tour van to tease all of us mortals. It's a shame. You make them for the tour, why not up the production by a few thousand more for players that want/need them. We'll pay!!!

Best Grip they make, why they don’t offer it but can offer all these terrible align grips and every grip in 6 colors but not a simple Mid-Size BCT is beyond me. I have been wanting them to come to retail for several years. Would 100% buy enough tI Re-grip all my clubs and then have enough in reserve to last me awhile.

The TVC seems to be missing a lot of cord these days. Not sure getting it in midsize would change anything.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I had my hands on some of these before and they are so amazing. What I would do to get them back...

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w UST Linq White 9F5

Titleist T200 ‘21 4-5 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Titleist T100 ‘21 6-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 46* w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

PXG 0311 Wedge 50* w/ UST Recoil Wedge 125X

Vokey 54* and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

I wonder how may people would have to reply to generate interest?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w UST Linq White 9F5

Titleist T200 ‘21 4-5 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Titleist T100 ‘21 6-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 46* w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

PXG 0311 Wedge 50* w/ UST Recoil Wedge 125X

Vokey 54* and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

You'd have to think that the tour velvet full cord in midsize would sell much better than the reg tour velvet midsize. Reg tour velvet is obviously popular but I don't know anyone that buys it in a midsize. They can say the full cord midsize wouldn't sell but I think they'd be surprised if they attempted to do so. Feel like that even though the grip has been around forever it's been much more popular on tour as of the past few years which obviously gets everyone's attention and wanting to play them. Maybe make them a special order like a left dash? I'd even pay extra to get this grip.

Titleist ProV1

They do make Tour Velvet BCT Midsize, I have one on my 3 wood and Driving Iron. I believe you can only get them tour stock. I think the main reason they don't offer for retail is they make the Z-Grip Cord in Mid-Size and figure that if someone wants a full rubber cord mid-size they'll just use that or a NDMC Mid.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

> @swgolf12 said:

> They do make Tour Velvet BCT Midsize, I have one on my 3 wood and Driving Iron. I believe you can only get them tour stock. I think the main reason they don't offer for retail is they make the Z-Grip Cord in Mid-Size and figure that if someone wants a full rubber cord mid-size they'll just use that or a NDMC Mid.

Yeah I know Koepka uses the midsize full cord and I believe Casey might as well. Ton of other guys picking this grip up in reg size and Tiger has played them forever along with Rory switching from MCC to full cord this year. They make them but you can't buy them, or I can't. The z-grip is just such a different grip and the MCC midsize sell well but also because these aren't available. If they made these for sale the MCC would certainly drop. I play MCC because it's the closest thing. I'm not a huge fan of the z-grip I feel like they are a good grip for warm and humid climates only. Would be fine for a few summer months but not ideal for the other 8-9 months of the year.

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @swgolf12 said:

> > They do make Tour Velvet BCT Midsize, I have one on my 3 wood and Driving Iron. I believe you can only get them tour stock. I think the main reason they don't offer for retail is they make the Z-Grip Cord in Mid-Size and figure that if someone wants a full rubber cord mid-size they'll just use that or a NDMC Mid.

>

> Yeah I know Koepka uses the midsize full cord and I believe Casey might as well. Ton of other guys picking this grip up in reg size and Tiger has played them forever along with Rory switching from MCC to full cord this year. They make them but you can't buy them, or I can't. The z-grip is just such a different grip and the MCC midsize sell well but also because these aren't available. If they made these for sale the MCC would certainly drop. I play MCC because it's the closest thing. I'm not a huge fan of the z-grip I feel like they are a good grip for warm and humid climates only. Would be fine for a few summer months but not ideal for the other 8-9 months of the year.

>

>

Casey plays the Z-Cord midsize. Brooks and Woodland play the BCT full cord Midsize. The Z cord is much firmer and actually smaller than most midsize grips, it’s really not even close to the BCT full cord other than the fact it has cord.

• 3 months later...