RAC LT2 vs. J33CB

jleffell

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RAC LT2 is more of a game improvement iron while the J33cb's are more of a player's cavity back iron. The offset, topline, sole width, headsize, and forgiveness are all greater in the RAC LT2 than the J33CB.

KinG

This is correct. I would definitely consider the LT2 more GI than the J33. It is definitely a bigger head with more offset and fatter sole. The J33CB looks much like a blade...very nice club.

I would not say that Mizzy's are softest on market. On the mainstream market yes but according to heaps of others who play Endo or Miura forged, they say that they are softer but I wouldn't really care. Anyway you can't compare cast to forged, it's like comparing apples to... well you know the rest.

To stay on topic, the Bridgestones are definitely a more blade type look while the rac's are a little chunckier. Bot are good clubs though. Just my 2 cents.

Josh

How do the RAC LT2 and J33CB compare in terms of head size, top line/sole width and overall playability and forgiveness.

Thanks,

Josh

I had a set of J33cb's in my hands and thought one thing "Beautiful players cavity back". They fell into the same category as the Taylor Made RAC Forged cb and the Mizuno mp-60. The J33cb heads are slightly smaller than the Taylor Made LT2's and have less offset. Top lines will be thinner on the J33's also. Performance will be effected by the sole designs were the LT2's have a wider sole than the J33cb. Also the cavity in the LT2's is larger. Taylor Made moved a lot of steel out of the cavity and spread it around the periphery of the head and especially in the sole which will lower the center of gravity and help get the ball higher for those that want that.

Lots of things I consider with these 2 types of designs. I use one or the other designs over the years. I tend to go back and forth. Probably because there are pros and cons for my game with both of these designs. For example...

The LT2 style pros (wider sole, larger head, center of gravity, forgiving)

-I tend to get better contact

-Less prone to hit it fat

-Easier to hit in wet conditions

-Might hit more greens on off center hits

-Gets the ball up faster

The J33cb style pros (Thin top line and sole design, smaller head shape, traditional design)

-Looks are better in my opinion

-Feel of a forging is !@#$%^&*

-Getting out of rough

-Can shape shots easier

-Can knock down shots with out fear of them popping up

Obviously there are many factors in this. For instance I am assuming the bounce of the 2 heads are close. The J33cb style heads typically has less bounce than the more forgiving style designs but I have seen exceptions. Just my honest opinion "JMHO".

21irons_bridgestonej33.jpg

TaylorMade_RAC_TP_Forged_Steel_Shaft_3-PW.jpg

210321_S.jpg

Completely crazy for me to see this topic. I came across this same question.

I have hit both of these and because of huge price differences presented to myself i found the economical choice to be the lt 2's.

The J33 CD irons are the best irons i have ever hit. The are forged with some of the softest steel in any irons which give a great feel. I am around an 8 hcp so i chose the LT2s because they are more forgiving. I also have the oppurtunity to get them with proj X shafts for under 5 bills rather that getting the j33's with dynamic golds for 8.

I liked both of these clubs when i went to the Haggin Oaks demo day, They were the only two irons i liked. The LT's i killed the 6 iron. The J33 felt real nice. There is a difference in the head size and look. If you have the cash i would say go with the j33's. I think BS makes some of the best golf products out there.

And it terms of softness, I have heard the steel used in J33 CB are the softest grade steel of any players irons. Dont know if it is true or not

I have heard rumors in my local shop that they will not be called "LT" but will be called the "RAC TT"- presumably for "tour trajectory." My club fitter would not elaborate, but said that the rep was bringing a set in soon, and he would fill me in on details when he saw it. I had a tour set of the '03 Lts and found them to be great feeling irons, but the soles were to wide for me here in the Central Florida hard pan fairways. Loved the satin finish and the overall look of them. Hopefully, the "TTs" will get back to the players' improvement market.

Completely crazy for me to see this topic. I came across this same question.

I have hit both of these and because of huge price differences presented to myself i found the economical choice to be the lt 2's.

The J33 CD irons are the best irons i have ever hit. The are forged with some of the softest steel in any irons which give a great feel. I am around an 8 hcp so i chose the LT2s because they are more forgiving. I also have the oppurtunity to get them with proj X shafts for under 5 bills rather that getting the j33's with dynamic golds for 8.

I liked both of these clubs when i went to the Haggin Oaks demo day, They were the only two irons i liked. The LT's i killed the 6 iron. The J33 felt real nice. There is a difference in the head size and look. If you have the cash i would say go with the j33's. I think BS makes some of the best golf products out there.

And it terms of softness, I have heard the steel used in J33 CB are the softest grade steel of any players irons. Dont know if it is true or not

Interesting that you found the TM irons that much cheaper...There are about 10 or so new sets of the B'Stones on Ebay right now for $499 with no bidding action. I recently bought the J33s off Ebay and couldn't be happier (although I ended up paying $550 shipped...D'Oh!!!). Anyway, since getting these I've become a certified Bridgestone junky...my bag is all Bridgestone except for my putter. Just got the J33 wedges today and I love 'em!!

I will say this however....I know they use 1020 carbon steel, which is supposed to be the softest, but I believe my Nike Pro Combo Tours are softer feeling.

I hope they dont call it the TT. Because it sounds like Titleist. I dont want to be playing with a stranger and say i have the new TaylorMade Titleist irons with Dynamic gold shafts

By the way, Taylor Made - Enterpirses. Inc, should be doing damn good bussiness. I bet they get thousands of web hits each day from TM Golf efficianados. I know i damn near bought that wine work screw, and that salt an peper grinder is sweet.