wam78 WITB (2021 Updates)

First one of these I participate in.

Jones Bag in slate grey:

Driver: TS3 8* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Fairway: TS2 15* set c1, Mitsubishi Diamana s+ Limited 70s blue board tipped 1/2”

DI: U500 2i hazardous smoke 90 hybrid

Irons: 4i Bridgestone Tour B JGR hf2, 5-pw Bridgestone Tour B X CB modus 120 stiff

Wedges: National Custom Works Proto 50* modus 125 wedge, Scratch Raw 1018 54, Scratch Raw 1018 58 modus 125 wedge

Putter: Toulon Odyssey Las Vegas CT Tour black shaft, Iomic Mid Classic grip or Toulon 2016 San Diego Ping blackout grip.

Not sure about putter yet. Will keep both and rotate depending on how I feel that day. Absolutely love both.

Fav club at the moment has to be the U500. Incredible look, feel and performance. Fav non club item are the Reinland headcovers. Highly recommend! This will the 3rd season with them and they are in fantastic shape!

2DFSBOV9LUFT.jpeg

UDAWGAT0TL73.jpeg

QKY56QNB7DUZ.jpeg

BS0PD2EAL0Z3.jpeg

U0ITUX3QL5XZ.jpeg

JBYL5QX4QEVR.jpg

Edited by wam78

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Searching…

Searching…  

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

Thanks @Porterm23. I’m a little late to the game with Scratch, but man do they feel good and produce. Got lucky on the bst forum here last summer. They were brand new.

• Like 1

Searching…

Searching…  

@BrianM18 they really are. Great people as well. Love what they do.

Searching…

Searching…  

Nice setup!!! love the look of all the clubs and bag.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Thanks @newbsauce Really like the look of your bag and headcovers as well. Nicely done!

Searching…

Searching…  

Thanks @sheppy335 Took me a while to get there, but really liking it so far.

Searching…

Searching…  

Moving on from the ts2 fairway. Will update as I move into the next fairway. Need to decide soon as the weather here in Dallas is getting better. The ts3 driver will be firmly in the bag this season. Very impressed with it. Head weight seems to be a little light, thinking about adding some hotmelt as I have with my last 2 drivers to bring it up to 200-204 grams. I keep trying to replace the tour b's, but every time they prove to me why they are still there. Nothing yet feels as good and produces like they do.

For the wedges, they feel incredible! I'm having a little trouble with the 58 as the grind is grabbing a little on the turf and not as smooth as I like. Which leaves me in a dilemma. I can possibly bring it to my club fitter and have him grind a little more relief or move on from it. If I move on from it then I have to move on from all 3 as I'm not sure I can look at 3 different style wedges...ocd can be a problem at times. It's a unique grind as it has a channel in the middle to help lower the leading edge but also has high bounce. The delicate chips around the green is the area of focus for me with the grind. If anyone has an idea on what to do here I'm all ears.

Will try and keep up with posting as things come and go. We shall see what happens.

Searching…

Searching…  

Sweet set up man Love the Toulon putter!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Thanks guys. Just traded the ts2 for the ts3. Should be here tomorrow which is a better fit for me. I hit the ts3 again on Monday just to confirm and was getting much better launch and spin. My fitter is going to grind away a little on the trailing edge of the 58* to smooth it out. The Scratch wedges feel too good at the moment.@nitram how are those cbx fairways treating you at the moment. Have always been intrigued with Exotics but never played them. Also, how stiff is the Rogue White playing? That shaft has my attention.

Searching…

Searching…  

The CBX are worthy replacements for the CB2's they replaced. I've been bagging Exotics fairways since '06 and they just keep performing. The Rogue is a sensational shaft. I think it "plays" true to flex but it doesn't "feel" like it. For example, my last Trackman session I averaged 108.8 mph and although according to the fit chart I "fit" into the X (>105), I made the decision to go with the S tipped .75" for two reasons. I have days where my SS is less and don't want to be on the low end of the performance threshold. Secondly, The tipped S feels exactly like the un-tipped X. But for me I have more workability, more launch height (77' vs 64'), and 6 more yards of carry with the S. I've stated on a couple other threads how good the White is for me. It's the best performing driver shaft I've hit since the Whiteboard was introduced and quite possibly could be my all-time favorite. Time will tell.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Awesome bag! What do you think about the u500 off the deck, in lieu of a 3 iron?? I’ve carried driving irons in the past, and they are awesome off the tee, but I’ve always struggled a bit hitting them off of tight lies.

Titleist TSi3 8.25* / Ventus Black 6TX

Titleist 915 FD 17.5* / Tensei CK Pro White 80TX

Titleist T100 3i-P / Tour Issue X7

Vokey Raw SM9 50F, 56F, 60M / Tour Issue X7

Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Proto

Titleist Pro - V1x

@nitram That's awesome info and really appreciate the response. My driver ss sits around 105 with a moderate transition. Looking for something to provide stability without feeling overly boardy. Very curious in how the stiff would play with slightly less tipping. I keep hearing how stable this shaft feels and performs. Might have to give this thing a shot. My trusted fuji Motore speeder has been great, but I keep hearing how awesome the rogue white performs.
  • Like 1

Searching…

Searching…  

@Xander_Reigns I struggle with hybrids and fairway woods. Irons are my strong suite and I just play to my strengths. It's funny because I feel more comfortable hitting a 2i or 4i then I do hitting a 3 wood. The u500 has been absolutely fantastic. I get almost driver like numbers from the tee. I don't hit it a bunch from the fairway, only if I have to chase one onto the green. If I feel like I can't fly my 3 wood to the green, I pull the u500 and try to run it on. My favorite part about it, it's not huge and looks more like a traditional iron. The larger utility irons I could never hit from the fairway. Because this one has a smaller profile, it is much easier to get compression and sweep it off the turf.
Also, I'm a high ball hitter. The 2i was giving me optimal numbers. Tried the 3, but did not fit my gapping properly.

Searching…

Searching…  

A couple more pics just because. Just went back to the trusted Diamana s+ Limited blue board in the ts3 fairway

. Tipped it .5 inches. Just hard to beat that smooth feel. Plus, it sets up so nice with a great look. Also added a pic of the tour b 8i to show how nice they are at address. Just about the perfect shape to my eye. Also, Titleist really did an awesome job with the u500. This has to be the least amount of offset I have seen with an OEM utility club in a long time.

84LSD0VA63AR.jpeg

6DBDWQV8ELLA.jpeg

Q5276N2FT0BM.jpeg

I0Y141IPJ7FW.jpeg

2UI0VTCXLIVT.jpeg

Searching…

Searching…  

Thanks @TIM929 I’ve tried many times to move into something else but nothing has prevailed to this point. They don’t get the same amount of love as J15’s, but I actually like the size of the tour b’s a little better.

Searching…

Searching…  

Went for a gapping session yesterday with my fitter for all wedges and ended up ordering 3 raw sm8’s. Will post pics once they are built. The great thing about his service is he has heads and is building them onto my current shaft set up along with a little custom grind.

If anyone wants some raw Scratch wedges and a NCW Proto hit me up. Will put an add up in the next few days along with some extras.

Searching…

Searching…  

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I picked these raw sm8’s up today. Have not played vokey’s since sm4, but I have to say the sm8’s are pretty great! What sold me the most was during the fitting my distance control from 100y and in was incredible! Put my modus 125 wedge shafts in and all is good.

8WVSL0RNEMDZ.jpeg

Searching…

Searching…  

• 5 months later...

It’s been a while since I posted, but we have quite a few updates.  Did a proper iron fitting with my guy here in Dallas and come to find out my SS has increased 2-3 mph.  Was seeing lots of pulls on the course and had no idea why.  

So, we put dg ti s400, modus 130s, project x ls and Accra i series steel as the 4 test shafts.  It was close between the project x ls and Accra after 3 rounds of mixing up the order.  At the end of it all, the Accra won out to my surprise.  During round 2 I thought the project x was the one.  But something just started to click with the Accra and the balls were all fading in the same spot one after another with the Accra.  Also, during the fitting my builder showed me the last set of Callaway apex pro double dot grads he had in his shop and I could not turn them away.  They look so good.  

So we ended up with Accra I series steel 125 in an x flex soft stepped 1x with the double dots.  Never thought the bridgestones would leave the bag, but I needed a smaller sole with this TX hard pan.  They new sticks feel amazing, although much smaller footprint.

Also, took the stock hzrdus smoke out of the u500 and put in a fujikura motore speeder ts hb 9.8.  Needed something easier to load and I’m a already familiar with this shaft profile.  Gives me a higher launch as well which is nice.

Last but not least, the Las Vegas is on the bench for now because of this beauty that just came in.  Cushman Custom C&C 1.0.  Raw carbon head, medium offset milling, stainless flow neck, 350gr.  The raw head will patina but the neck will stay polished.  Should look pretty stinking over time.  Absolutely amazing quality from David!  So good to work with as well.  I encourage anyone looking for a custom putter to shoot him a message.  Will not break the bank and in my eyes, puts him a head of quite a few others doing custom work.

EDB6DDF8-BF66-4401-BAA7-B54906809DBB.jpeg

C31A3D86-90D4-4F1E-A01C-D33B98780F97.jpeg

19AA7E7B-40F2-469E-9FD4-6A97A88EC49F.jpeg

00825AF3-71FC-44B1-AD7F-89474A4DFC46.jpeg

6F81BA8F-FABE-4B8A-B83A-63495C1632D8.jpeg

3A8EA4D0-0E07-4554-A74A-317F920AE084.jpeg

8242AEC3-8411-4FA6-BAEA-0940B950A0B0.jpeg

F9A0B445-1D9B-4876-8123-F6FB83AF550C.jpeg

A20F693A-ABB4-4EB7-86CE-B830267305FC.jpeg

E01CD712-3C6C-44A6-972D-70E12667B2F6.jpeg

E6FCDFEE-98CE-4089-86A8-77F48854B01E.jpeg

1C88AD68-82EA-4E77-8CBF-72BB070C80EE.jpeg

image.jpg

Searching…

Searching…  

• 2 weeks later...

One more addition to the bag came in today.  Very curious about this Accra shaft that came with it as it was a pretty sweet eBay find.  It’s the xforged ut 24* with iCWT 105x.  Looking for a 210-215 gap that I’m missing at the moment. 

Thinking I will move to a simpler wedge set up with current set pw being 48*, don’t really see a need for a 50.  Workin with Ari at the moment to figure out wedge gaps for some fresh NCWs.

DA821644-F6E9-4E74-9163-F2D83249DDFC.jpeg

5AF007B4-345F-47E7-BF2F-B7727C960783.jpeg

779F5818-E041-4F5E-BFA6-4D33395CE035.jpeg

Edited by wam78

Searching…

Searching…  

I've been debating pulling my Motore 9.8hb from my old UDI to try in my U500.  I love that shaft, just don't know I'm ready to give up on the Smoke yet... Good to know you're getting a higher launch with it as that is what I was hoping to see too.

Titleist TS3 9.5 Tour AD UB 6x
Titleist TS3 15 Tour AD DI 7x
Titleist 917 F2 18 Tour AD DI 8x or U500 3 AMT White
Titleist T100 4-9 AMT White
Vokey SM8 46.10F SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08F DG Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm

Yeah, I was getting really good results from the smoke, just did not like the feel.  Like I had to pull really hard to feel it load.  The 9.8hb feels like I can swing more within myself and get really good results.  A little more spin and launch, but more controllable.  I was hitting some bombs with the smoke, but not always knowing where it was going.

Searching…

Searching…  

Got a great deal with my builder on this guy and could not pass it up.  Been wanting to build a putter with stability tour shaft.  Ever since I tested the m craft type 1, I knew I would play it at some point.  

Just love the way it frames the ball and feels really good.  The Cushman has been fantastic, but the Mizuno will get a shot at the bag on Monday for its first round.

6F994327-EA2E-4345-A9B9-6FE2426D7C95.jpeg

77043A90-E01B-4165-AA26-34EE43AB343D.jpeg

43E948ED-1EE3-41D2-A48A-2C97008A6F46.jpeg

Searching…

Searching…  

• wam78 changed the title to wam78 WITB (2021 Updates)