hole in one club.

Jose c. ·  
Jose c.Jose c. Members  276WRX Points: 96Handicap: 15Posts: 276 Greens

just started a hole in one club with 6 buddies,we all ponyed up $100.00 to start. this will be a progressive pot yr to yr. would like to hear about other's and how long have they gone on for?

Posted:

Comments

• pat_katopat_kato ClubWRX  164WRX Points: 142Posts: 164 ClubWRX

I've never thought of this but I'm going to bring this up. Problem is I don't always play with the same set of dudes all the time and if the pot got up there I'm not that confident I would trust some of them to be truthful. I love my guys but we're all scumbags. Lol.

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 9º Ventus Black 6s Stiff Flex
    Fairway: TaylorMade SIM Max 3 Wood Ventus Blue 7s Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM MAX 3H Ventus Blue 6s Flex
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52º F Grind, 56º M Grind, 60º M Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Jose c.Jose c. Members  276WRX Points: 96Handicap: 15Posts: 276 Greens

all the guys in our group (8 now)are trustworthy. we dont have to be playing with anyone in the group for it to count,just cant be alone. hole has to be at least 120yrds.

Posted:
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers  605WRX Points: 120Handicap: 13.8Posts: 605 Golden Tee

The club where I mostly play has a Hole in 1 pot for a HIO on No 7, 173 yds. A few weeks ago someone made it. The pay out was 2500 and change.

Posted:
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most
  • mtngerry59mtngerry59 Members  75WRX Points: 32Handicap: 4Posts: 75 Fairways

Hole in one club,one member ! ME ! At Players club in Indiana.

Posted:
  • LobbyLobby Members  40WRX Points: 48Posts: 40 Bunkers

My hole in one club was a Ping Eye 2 6 iron.

Posted:
  • FlorisFloris Members  475WRX Points: 39Handicap: 5.2 (EURO)Posts: 475 Greens

It is a good idea actually, will take it up with my buddies!

Posted:
    Callaway XR Speed (9º, NS setting) | Oban white | MCC4 Plus Align midsize
    Callaway XR 3deep (14°) | Project X LZ HM | MCC4 Plus Align midsize
    Callaway GBB 815 5wood (18º, weight forward, NS setting) | Fujikura Speeder 665 | MCC4 Plus Align midsize
    PING i E1 4-PW | True Temper XP95 | MCC4 Plus Align midsize
    PING Glide 50ºSS, 54ºSS, 58ºSS | True Temper XP95 | MCC4 Plus Align midsize
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5w with SuperStroke PistolGT 2.0 CB / Bettinardi BB32 with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CB
    VICE Pro Plus / Titleist ProV1x
    Arccos 360

Advertisement
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6929WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,929 ClubWRX

This is a great idea. Just sent it to a group of golf buddies...

Posted:

were having a great time with it and no one has played a rd yet,were all in Michigan. up to 10 guys only 3 outsiders the rest are brother&brother inlaws. its called the Blind Squirrel Hole In One Club. the blantons bottle hes holding is the trophy with all the cash.

Posted:
  • sharkiesjsharkiesj Members  3163WRX Points: 312Posts: 3,163 Titanium Tees

Our Men’s Club had an ongoing HIO for our monthly tournaments. This was 20+ years ago but it went on for 5 years before someone aced our 11th hole, a 203yd downhill par 3 with a 5 iron. The guy won $885. Afterwards in the restaurant as we r all eating and drinking, the guy announces he’ll buy all the participants 1 drink from the bar. 36 guys, 1 drink. What could go wrong. Well, total bill was $1,110. Apparently some guys took advantage and started ordering bottles and multiple drinks because the bartenders and HIO guy weren’t on the same page. He forked out the $$ to cover the bill and left pretty pissed. I don’t blame him. Left the Men’s Club 3 months later and joined another club. Don’t blame him for that either. Thing is he’s the nicest guy you’ll ever meet.

Posted:

were all pretty close,everyone is a stand up guy. except for myself, I'm sure they would say,lol. others want in but arent familiar with everyone. gonna keep it personal so theirs no controversy.

Posted:
  • klebs01klebs01 Members  491WRX Points: 137Handicap: 3.2Posts: 491 Greens

both clubs I’ve been at have a hio club. No cost until someone makes on then you are charged $5. The winner buys a round. Luckily the bartenders know the deal sits just basic beers or cocktails, no stupid stuff like the bottles mentioned above.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Peterman6068Peterman6068 Members  11WRX Points: 13Posts: 11 Bunkers

We’ve got the Sam $100 bet, but it doesn’t carry over. I got one 2 years in a row for a nice $1,000 payout. Makes it that much more memorable.

Posted:
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors  4383WRX Points: 579Posts: 4,383 Titanium Tees

4 of my close friends made a bet like this when Sophomores in high school. (I met them in college). One of them finally just won the bet last year after 24 years! They were all convinced they were cursed from it.

Posted:
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG:
    Twitter:
    (still a huge club HO)

you guys would've had a nice annuity going if you had a yearly buy in. In mine you'll have to buy back in next yr if no one wins,probably 50$.

Posted:
  • Outpost31Outpost31 Why don't we just wait here awhile...see what happens... Members  339WRX Points: 81Posts: 339 Greens

That sucks! Same thing kinda happened to me on one of my hole-in-ones. A few dudes in the men's game started ordering $8 double crown & cokes (A few each) instead of regular drinks. Thank God nothing like what you described.

Posted:
  • NwpowellNwpowell Members  6WRX Points: 5Posts: 6 Bunkers

Nice. Still wishing for my first hole in one

Posted:

Advertisement
  • caeye0710caeye0710 Members  133WRX Points: 70Handicap: .5Posts: 133 Fairways

Man - this would be a great idea if I had a set of fellas I played with consistently. Hope you take home the money!

Posted:
    M5 Tour Issuse 10.5* - Tour AD DI 7x
    Cally Mavrik 15* - Rogue White 130 70x 
    TM SIM Max 19* - Proforce V2 85x
    Miura MB-101 4-PW - Tour Issue S400
    TM MG2 Chrome 50, 54, 60
    TM Spider Black 34"
  • oniononion Members  8WRX Points: 10Posts: 8 Bunkers

Our club has a hole in one sign up. $5 each and if someone gets a hole in one everyone signed up gets a drink and the guy who gets the hole in one doesn’t have to pay. Wish they would’ve have had it back when I got mine.

Posted:
  • jjrjjr Members  1205WRX Points: 175Posts: 1,205 Platinum Tees

If you make a hole in one everyone else in the bar should buy you a drink,, who was it that did somehting spectacular?

Posted:
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors  4383WRX Points: 579Posts: 4,383 Titanium Tees

Years ago I went to meet one of my close friends for his 21st birthday. The plan was to go play golf and then goto the bar and buy him drinks all night. That all changed on the 3rd hole when he made a hole in one. He ended up having to buy us all drinks all night. Golf > everything else. He didn't want to upset the golf gods so he went with it.

Posted:
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG:
    Twitter:
    (still a huge club HO)
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members  1861WRX Points: 382Posts: 1,861 Platinum Tees

Not for me I suck at hole in ones lol! Made one but i skulled the ball horribly haha

Posted:
    G30 LST
    3 wood M2 HL
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros 4-P
    Cleveland Blob
    SeeMore Butts

Advertisement
  • bopper53bopper53 Members  593WRX Points: 97Posts: 593 Golden Tee

I won $1800.00 in my clubs hole in one pot. ($50.00 bucks a man), We still have a bunch of cheapskates that will not donate to it.

Posted:
    Ping G 410, 10.5, Tensi Blue
    Ping G410, 3 Wood  Tensi Orange
    Ping G410, 5 wood, Tensi Orange 
    Ping G410 Hybrid 20
    Ping G410, 6-GW, Awt 2.0
    Ping Tyne , flow neck
    Ping 3.0  Wedges, 56 / 58 DG AWT Wedge shafts
  • smoky25smoky25 Members  1051WRX Points: 126Posts: 1,051 Platinum Tees

$5 HIO club at my club. Every time someone makes a HIO you pony up another $5. Payout is usually ~$750. The winner opens the bar with a $250 limit so nobody abuses it. The remaining ~$500 is pro shop credit.

Posted:

nice!! look forward to all the hype,trash talking and good ole humor. and of course HOPE!

Posted:
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  2791WRX Points: 1,092Posts: 2,791 Titanium Tees

We dont have one of those.

I got a plaque tho.

Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

Epic Flash / Apex 19 / Apex + Pro / Epic / MD4 / Scotty Custom . || . ATMOS TS Black / Kai'li / Pro 2.0 / 1050Gh / GD AD-UT / 610

• MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers  1577WRX Points: 312Posts: 1,577 Platinum Tees

We had one at my former club. Half in cash, have in pro shop credit. I had 2 in the same year, one was Mother's Day, so cost me about $180 for those who were there, total payout of like $1400. Second one was during the club championship first day, and I said I would buy those who were participating in the event a drink and some of the guys who were closer to me a few. Did the math, the bill should have been around $600, with tip for all those involved, so figured if me and the buddies went a little crazy, maybe that bill got up to $700. I got the bill, $1100, where people were putting their food, drinks for the day, ordering top shelf when they would normally drink a bud light, etc. on my tab. I had a great relationship with the bar manager, we went through it, determined who drank what, had things moved to the correct tab, and ended with a $450 tab, with a healthy tip. Next time I got one, I bought the guys in my group a drink, a few others, and pissed off a lot of other people, but those who were upset about it, were also the ones who ruined it for themselves.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

Advertisement
  • 4x4GGG4x4GGG Members  71WRX Points: 43Handicap: 15Posts: 71 Bunkers

Mine was a work league. 9 holes. We were the last group in. The other groups were on the patio watching. Sank a 136 with an 8i. Being a broke rank and file associate at the time playing with Directors and managers I felt bad but no one complained when I just bought a pitcher of beer for each group (Maybe $150). I got razzed a little but nothing serious and no one really cared.

Posted:
  • eagles1eagles1 Members  1323WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,323 Platinum Tees

Those guys who took advantage are jerks. However, the bartender has some responsibility in this as well. He/she should have cleared it with the member before adding cocktails onto his chit.

Posted:
  • 4x4GGG4x4GGG Members  71WRX Points: 43Handicap: 15Posts: 71 Bunkers

This. Been a bartender for a long time and the bartender in that situation should make it clear whats the plan. Each guy get a drink... etc. Or make it strict that only the Member can order things. So if Bob wants a drink he has to order it from Fred who orders it from the bartender. Really simple rule, unless specifically stated, if the words came out of your mouth it's going on your tab.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.