2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Cobra F9 fairway woods

CT10

Yes you will hear a click, just like all the other adjustable heads. The wrench you have won't work - Cobra updated their screws to match all the other OEM's . If you have another wrench - TM, Cally, etc it will work. Just not the old Cobra versions.

Ping G430 w/ Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 5-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
TM Spider X 34" blue

Alphard V2 wheels

dude that was in Sept 2019...the poster has probably changed whole set like 4 times. :)

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Yes. I currently own the F9, GBB Epic sz, XR16, Ping G30, Mizuno ST190 and Taylormade M2.

The F9 is the easiest off the deck, maybe the XR16 is a close 2nd.

The F9 is stupid long off the tee, got into some trouble yesterday on a difficult par 4. I never had a 3 wood reach a certain area and roll off into a pond. I always thought the GBB Epic sz was long off the tee, but the F9 is longer.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

• 8 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, msg said:

I just got the Speedzone in three and five wood. After playing them indoors, I noticed that it cut my golf ball so bad after 18 holes. Too bad I really loved the feel and how easy they are to hit off the deck. 

I played a F9 and SZ fairway wood and haven't noticed this issue with either one. What ball are you playing? 

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, cw1209 said:

I played a F9 and SZ fairway wood and haven't noticed this issue with either one. What ball are you playing? 

Two of my buddies are playing the f8/f9 fairway woods and they never had any issues cutting golf balls. I also bought used F9 drivers twice and had the same issue. I was able to own an F9 three wood briefly and I did not encounter the cutting issues as much as the SZ woods. 

I used TP5x and Titleist Dt Tru Soft / Tru Feel. The cutting was worse on the Titleist. 

I was thinking of sticking with them and just try my best not to cut golf balls because the three wood was such a rocket. It was such a shame because I really loved the looks of the SZ woods. 

One of my buddies suggested that maybe it is due to my steep AOA. Both of them are sweepers and that is why maybe they have not experienced such. It was the leading edge down the bottom that was causing the issue on the woods.

On the F9 driver, both the bottom and top part were causing issues. I need to really hit the ball clean to avoid it. I remember on the SZ driver, Cobra fixed that, but not on the woods. 

1 hour ago, msg said:

Two of my buddies are playing the f8/f9 fairway woods and they never had any issues cutting golf balls. I also bought used F9 drivers twice and had the same issue. I was able to own an F9 three wood briefly and I did not encounter the cutting issues as much as the SZ woods. 

I used TP5x and Titleist Dt Tru Soft / Tru Feel. The cutting was worse on the Titleist. 

I was thinking of sticking with them and just try my best not to cut golf balls because the three wood was such a rocket. It was such a shame because I really loved the looks of the SZ woods. 

One of my buddies suggested that maybe it is due to my steep AOA. Both of them are sweepers and that is why maybe they have not experienced such. It was the leading edge down the bottom that was causing the issue on the woods.

On the F9 driver, both the bottom and top part were causing issues. I need to really hit the ball clean to avoid it. I remember on the SZ driver, Cobra fixed that, but not on the woods. 

I would also say I can get a little steep, flat to negative AOA with the driver. There is a small groove around the milled face on the F9 series and SZ fairways which is probably what is cutting the golf balls. My guess is the infinity face will be added to the fairways during the next cycle which would eliminate the groove. Haven't played Titleist Tru Soft or Tru Feel, but I have played the TP5 and found them to cut easily. I might try a different ball if you have a lot of issues with cut balls. 

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

14 minutes ago, cw1209 said:

I would also say I can get a little steep, flat to negative AOA with the driver. There is a small groove around the milled face on the F9 series and SZ fairways which is probably what is cutting the golf balls. My guess is the infinity face will be added to the fairways during the next cycle which would eliminate the groove. Haven't played Titleist Tru Soft or Tru Feel, but I have played the TP5 and found them to cut easily. I might try a different ball if you have a lot of issues with cut balls. 

Yes the edge down the bottom is what is cutting the golf balls. I can  even see some of the golf ball cover get stuck on that part. I unfortunately sold the SZ woods and bough the Sim Max instead. I will wait for Cobra to change the design of their woods before I would even try again. 

It was really disappointing since I have been waiting for the SZ line to drop price and I know how good these are. 

I've been playing the TP5 and the Titleist Tru series and I never encountered this issue all summer long. It's just with the SZ woods unfortunately. 

Edited by msg

• 3 weeks later...

im a bit late to the complaints party, but ive been using this since release...i ussually use a new ball every round im a single figure golfer club champ and course record holder at my local ( had to drop that in as i do almost every convo i have about golf) 

it should also be said i mishit a lot! im a recovery machine it would apear...and ive been having to replace balls far to often some times after the first drive 

this club destroys balls!! for me....

ive tried everything from tour balls to bricks and even got the blue balls out and cuts them up too maybe it says more about me then the club....

but im sick of buying so many balls im buying the new speedzone as it doesnt have the same edging!

any one want to buy a F9? middle of club barely used!!

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Cutty McCutface said:

im a bit late to the complaints party, but ive been using this since release...i ussually use a new ball every round im a single figure golfer club champ and course record holder at my local ( had to drop that in as i do almost every convo i have about golf) 

it should also be said i mishit a lot! im a recovery machine it would apear...and ive been having to replace balls far to often some times after the first drive 

this club destroys balls!! for me....

ive tried everything from tour balls to bricks and even got the blue balls out and cuts them up too maybe it says more about me then the club....

but im sick of buying so many balls im buying the new speedzone as it doesnt have the same edging!

any one want to buy a F9? middle of club barely used!!

Username checks out 😂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, Yacuone said:

I just had 2 members bring this issue up to me.

The edge of their F9 drivers, right at the end of the milled face, seems fairly sharp. They are both noticeably cutting up balls on mishits.

I haven't noticed at all with my F9. (Granted, I don't miss off the edge of the face often either.)

So, they're kind of panicking about it. Really don't have any advice for them...besides don't mishit it. 😕

I guess we'll see what the Cobra rep has to say.

I have same issue on the 3 wood 

On 7/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, CT10 said:

I've recently purchased a 3wood and 5 wood in the cobra F9. While I really like them, I'd say as good as I've ever had as I'm not a great fairway wood player, my question is does anyone else notice that these fairways really cut up the golf ball, leaving slices in the balls! Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas on this? The actual shots which each are really good, just the shredding of the ball is the issue. Thanks

Yep same problem