Mitsubishi's "D" limited Diamana shafts - 2020 Genesis Invitational

GolfWRX

Is this the same exact shaft with updated graphics? I assume MCA didn't want to miss the opportunity to cash in on the continued play of this shaft by top players/names.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Japanese site claims they are now using 80t Pitch Fibers at the butt of the shaft.

Weight specs are VERY similar to the OG Series.

It's clearly not just a repaint, but I would expect a VERY similar profile & launch across the line to the originals.

• Like 1

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

The whole line is posted on the MC Japan website.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115

Very subtle change to the graphics I like it.

Interestign to hear if this is new or not, if it has better materials and same performance then I think it will be a home run for the guys using it on tour.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

If it's anything like the D+ that Tiger, Brooks, Lowry and Casey use, that thing is no joke, despite it's age..... I bought one for fun (as an old Whiteboard player) and took it out at the end of the year just to give it a spin. Maybe it was the care-free factor but I was absolutely nuking it. It might be old generation but there is nothing old about how it performs. And, as others said, it could be updated a bit.....

Pound for pound I think the Whiteboard line is about as good as it gets... I'll give this one a shot

• Like 2

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil 95

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

The D+ Limited was the improved version of the Whiteboard which has consistency issues. It flew under the radar and at one point you could get them for like $100 on ebay. But Tiger started using it and prices jumped through the roof. Funny how that works haha.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

It was also stock in Titleist woods in the normal flexes so thats why there were so many, however the TX flexes were always a little different and were always an upcharge. Not the same shafts IMO, interested to hear more on this one

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the S or X flex's D+ LTD's they are about the best stock "Made For" shaft Mitsubishi ever made. Light years better than the made for tensei's or AV line of last year. Once again though all we have are people "telling us" the TX's have better materials etc etc.....Mitsubishi has never confirmed any of this....

Never said there was anything wrong with them just said the reason the price was lower on them on the secondary was because it was a stock shaft and there were so many of them out there.

Also right off the MRC website they state that there could be material differences in the TX flex. Hence the extra upcharge.

6L3SL4FV8SF4.png

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

I’ve had great experiences with just about every iteration of this shaft. The latest D+ has been a fixture in my fairway slot, and it’s kind of been my familiar friend in the driver. No matter how much the turnstile churns with the latest and greatest, some version of this shaft always seems to find its way into the top end of the bag. I am am really looking forward to trying one of these; I’m interested to hear if this shaft is an actual improvement, or just a new paint job.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

The D+ TX through Titleist was such a good value. If I remember correctly it was like a $30-$50 upcharge.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

IIRC there is a weight difference - where the 'made for' models were 62g, 72g, 82g, etc and the OEM was 60/70/80? Something like that

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Makes sense if they're similar to the original D (flowerband) specs considering its uses"D" and not the "D+" its been using. I'm guessing this is the next line since the TM website has a "S limited" shaft option in their custom menu . Here are there original flowerband specs if anyone is interested.

Diamana (Original Flowerband) Spec Sheet.pdf

Paradym TD S 10.5o - Atmos Blk TS 6-x

Stealth 2+ 4w - Pro 73 TS-x

Ts2 7w - D+ Ltd 80-x

714 AP2 4-9 - x100

Glide 4.0 50- PX 6.5

Vokey 46oF, 54oS, 60oV - x100/PX 6.5

SC CC 2.5+/AI One DW

Hi All!

The specs for the all new Diamana D Limited are up at https://www.mca-golf.com/products/diamana%E2%84%A2-d-limited

See all of the details on this product in the official Diamana D Limited Press Release:

Carlsbad, CA – (February 11, 2020) – For the first time ever players all over the world, including Asia and Japan, will be able to add the low-flighting power of Mitsubishi Chemical’s D Limited “White Board” profile to their game.

The new Diamana™ D Limited Series shafts feature many of the same technologies and performance benefits as the Diamana™ D+PLUS Limited Edition Series, but with a wider range of fitting and flexes, and new global availability.

“The ‘White Board’ profile has always been one of our most successful for driver and fairway woods,” says Mark Gunther, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MCA GOLF. “The winners of six Majors in the last three years play the current generation. As more players recognize the potential, we realized the need to share them with a wider audience.”

Like their predecessor, the Diamana™ D Limited Series shafts feature Mitsubishi Chemical’s unique DIALEAD™ Pitch Fiber and Tough-QURE™ Resin System, for maximum stability and increased energy transfer. They deliver the low-launching, low-spinning, piercing ball flight favored by many modern players.

With two additional flexes (SR, X) and a new 50g model the Diamana™ D Limited Series greatly increases the number and variety of players who can potentially be fit into this powerful shaft profile.

“The TX Flex stays very true to what our professional players know and trust,” says Gunther, “while a few key adjustments were made in the other flexes to create a more versatile fitting range.”

The new series also features updated graphics that include an Ion Plating finish, that give the shafts a sharp, stunning look.

Diamana™ D Limited Series are ideal for any player looking to maximum distance and performance through a low, penetrating ball flight. They will be available through MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide, beginning March 6, 2020, with a suggested retail price of $500 USD.

Weights and flexes:

Diamana™ D Limited 50 (R, SR, S, X, TX Flex)

Diamana™ D Limited 60 (R, SR, S, X, TX Flex)

Diamana™ D Limited 70 (S, X, TX Flex)

Diamana™ D Limited 80 (S, X, TX Flex)

Profile:

Low Launch and Low Spin

Technologies Featured:DIALEAD™ PITCH FIBER

DIALEAD® Pitch Fiber is strategically utilized to produce a focused area of increased stability within a shaft. While both expensive and difficult to produce, its tremendous strength when compared to traditional carbon fiber makes it incredibly useful for maximizing strength and energy transfer, while minimizing shaft deformation at impact.

TOUGH-QURE™ RESIN SYSTEM

Our Tough-QURE™ prepreg contains resins that cure both harder and two times faster than traditional resins, for superior strength and stability. Our proprietary Block Copolymer Technology also allows Tough-QURE™ to link “softer” (more elastic) polymers and “harder” (more durable) polymers together, to produce a prepreg that can significantly strengthen the shaft without sacrificing feel.

ION PLATING

Ion Plating is a process that creates a sophisticated, premium finish that cannot be achieved by a simple paint application. The shafts are placed in a vacuum chamber where chrome or silver alloy ions are fused to the surface, creating a stunning finish that is more than worth the extra time.

ABOUT US

MCA GOLF, INC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, dedicated to designing and developing high performance composite golf shafts for discerning golfers everywhere. MCA GOLF, INC. leverages its own resources and raw materials through vertical integration, which gives it a competitive advantage. Over the years, it has been a leading supplier of premium composite golf shafts worldwide. With many of the world's best players using its golf shafts, MCA GOLF, INC. has established itself as a dominant force in the golf industry.

• Like 1

This is a phenomenal shaft... kudos to the Mitsu guys for keeping this under wraps! I had the D+ Limited (the one that released before this in limited flexes) in play at THEIR scramble event at the PGA Show. Naturally, I asked if they were going to keep making it and they said "no" and didn't so much as even give me a wink...total poker face! haha.

So, pretty fun to see this surprise! I mean, it's a no brainer, really.... at the presentation they dropped the stat that this shaft has won SIX MAJORS in two years. Ummm.....that's INSANE. And, yes, I know several of those were Brooks (same player). But, still. That's nuts.... Tiger, Lowry, Brooks, Casey, Justin Rose had it back in at Torrey. I think the guy who won overseas this week has it in his driver, too?

Glad this is sticking around and that the 60 TX didn't change at all! That saves me from buying the new one. I actually don't find it as insanely low as WBs used to be.... I actually had to tip it 1/2 inch and I top out at about 110 SS. It's very comfortable for me to load at that build and I could game it for years.

If it ain't broke.....

Good job, Mitsu! (clap clap clap)

Thanks for jumping on here and giving details.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Is there any difference between this one and the old limited? Looks like the exact same bend profile, but some of the weights are slightly different.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5