2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

ARCCOS Caddie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw they were going to offer this but I didn't know it was subscription based. No way I'd be interested in it. I returned the Arccos 360 and went back to the original Arccos, I hated having my phone in my front pocket and it missed a lot of shots anyway. The original works great for me.

It will be available for those of us that use the 1st generation Arccos. It is based of the data collected, not the generation of Arccos that collects the data. The app is the same whether you are using gen1 or gen2 sensor. When you go in to 'pair' a sensor, you have to specify which generation of sensor you have. I will look at it when it is unveiled and available for free. But highly doubtful I will subscribe to the service after the free period.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

It will be available for those of us that use the 1st generation Arccos. It is based of the data collected, not the generation of Arccos that collects the data. The app is the same whether you are using gen1 or gen2 sensor. When you go in to 'pair' a sensor, you have to specify which generation of sensor you have. I will look at it when it is unveiled and available for free. But highly doubtful I will subscribe to the service after the free period.

Thanks MSchad, maybe I picked that up wrongly from their video when they said 'available to Arccos 360 users with 5 or more rounds' in reality they are looking to sell Arccos 360 units but doesn't mean 1st gen users won't get it. That makes more sense.

Thanks MSchad, maybe I picked that up wrongly from their video when they said 'available to Arccos 360 users with 5 or more rounds' in reality they are looking to sell Arccos 360 units but doesn't mean 1st gen users won't get it. That makes more sense.

It is a bit confusing since they use the term '360' for their platform now and not just the gen2 sensors.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

Interesting that it takes into account environments conditions, If It can get accurate info it could be pretty good.

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got this to work today? I downloaded the new version and tried it out when i got in a quick 9 holes in this morning.

When I clicked the Caddie button it would say "Analyzing" and then come back with an error every time. Tried multiple times on multiple holes without any luck.

Now wondering whether this is a Germany, European or general problem.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

$100 annually isn't that bad, but I agree that $20 per month is pretty expensive. The trial is good till July 1st, so get out there and see what it can do. For those who have memberships at 1 course, I don't know if it's worth it. But when you travel, I think it would be huge. The fact that it can calculate +/- for elevation and wind/weather is pretty handy too.

I wonder if can determine trends like, if you are hitting your driver badly, will it recommend another club? If it has enough shots logged, it should know if I'm hitting it straight or not and tell me to pull my head out of my a** or hit 3W.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

I wonder if can determine trends like, if you are hitting your driver badly, will it recommend another club? If it has enough shots logged, it should know if I'm hitting it straight or not and tell me to pull my head out of my a** or hit 3W.

I looked at it last night. If you click on the recommended club, a popup will show that club and 2 other recommendations. When I chose one of the others, my 'likely' score went up slightly for each.

I looked at it last night. If you click on the recommended club, a popup will show that club and 2 other recommendations. When I chose one of the others, my 'likely' score went up slightly for each.

MSchad, I guess based on your response that everything works well for you. Did you ever have any failures where the hole would not analyse. For me I have never had it work correctly yet which seems strange. I wrote to Arccos support but currently have not had any answer back.

Thanks

I actually haven't had a chance to actually use it on course yet. But did read somewhere that you have to have cell or wifi service for it to analyze. That could be it. My home course is in the a valley so thinking it may loose connection a time or two. Curious to find out.

I've been an Arccos user for years now, and generally love the product. However, Caddie is a misfire IMHO. On my home course only the Par 3's have a reasonable strategy recommended. The recommendations seem to be straight line distances, even without accounting for how Arccos users typically play the course. With this first iteration basing the recommendations off the Tee club, it's best guess is a strategy solely on one aspect of playing the hole. Since it can't account for elevations, the best recommendations have to hitting say 3W on a hole playing uphill when only Driver would carry a hazard.

I might fancy using it on an unfamiliar course, but not without playing tips from either a yardage book or local players. Caddie might have you frustrated!

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

Mine started working over the weekend, no idea why it previously was failing.

Problem is that I must say that I am getting some very strange recommendations.

One example is a 145m Par 3 where it says my best option is a 9I carrying it onto the green - very odd as my average for the 9I is only 115m.

On a Par 5 with a dogleg at about 200m it recommends I take a PW from the tee to about 105m out and then hit a 5W 235M over the trees.

Last one is a Par 4 where it says take a 4H off the tee to 220m when my average is only 175m with this club.

I certainly would not pay for this currently but will be reporting these back to Arccos as I think that the idea and concept is good once they have ironed out a few issues.

I used this over the weekend as some other people mentioned it was an interesting to look at the course see the expected shot totals for different choices off the tee. Much of the difference in expected strokes were 4.4 to 4.5 between driver and another clubs. All things being equal I'll take the driver at that point and attempt to get 25 yards closer- although shaving .1 a hole could be the difference between 78 and 80. I subscribe the notion that I should hit driver unless a course hazard takes that club out of my hand.

I also used it offline for a couple of course that I play that are heavily position based and the suggestions were very aggressive. It recommended clubs that would have forced me to carry 50-75 foot trees to cover a dogleg. These are lines that I could take, but that would cause me to go in my pocket repeatedly for lost balls throughout the round.

Overall, I really think it's an exceptional idea and amazing that we are at the point where a cloud environment can take course information, club gps data and expected performance for my skill level and project a strategy out for me. I'm not sure of the long term utility if you are already doing something like the stuff that Scott Fawcett has putt out with his decade system. It would be nice for course you haven't played, and I'd be more apt to use it if was part of the Arccos system not an add on you had to pay for. I definitely use it for the rest of the free period before I make a decision on it.

I've had the original Arccos system and now Arccos 360 for the past 1 1/2 years and have looked at Arccos Caddie and find it totally useless for me. Now I'm playing the same two courses for most of my rounds and know what I'm usually going to hit on each hole and it shows me at times a different club than I would use. I don't know who would use it and I for sure won't purchase it when the free trial is up. I do very much enjoy having the Arccos 360 for the stats which I'm trying to improve on.

I get same weird recommendation from the Caddie. a hole with water at 185yds with very narrow landing until the green, AC recommends 3w to 215yd (landing area of only 10 yds wide) and 56 wedge for 80yds.

next par 5, 520yds, it recommends 3hybrid for 200yd tee shot then 3w for 215yd. No way in hell I'd do that.

Idea is great but something needs A LOT of fixing.

I've had the original Arccos system and now Arccos 360 for the past 1 1/2 years and have looked at Arccos Caddie and find it totally useless for me. Now I'm playing the same two courses for most of my rounds and know what I'm usually going to hit on each hole and it shows me at times a different club than I would use. I don't know who would use it and I for sure won't purchase it when the free trial is up. I do very much enjoy having the Arccos 360 for the stats which I'm trying to improve on.

It's not bad at the moment. The only thing I like is the wind direction and speed. That's about it. I wish there was an app to detect that from your gps location and to aim with certain direction you are located at.

It's not bad at the moment. The only thing I like is the wind direction and speed. That's about it. I wish there was an app to detect that from your gps location and to aim with certain direction you are located at.

If I recall correctly, Swing-bySwing's Looper upgrade provides wind direction and elevation in its app, and I believe recommends aim as well.

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

• 2 months later...

Now that they have moved passed the free trial, I am curious if anyone has signed up. I am usually the first one willing to spend money on my golf game (as a garage full of slightly used practice aids attest too), but even I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on $49.99 a year.

I had high hopes for Caddie, and while I still hold out some hopes, I think they need to bring in some additional testers. What I would love to see from Caddie is more "caddie like thinking". For instance, look at how wide the fairway is, and tell me that with a 3wood, I can hit it to the wide spot, but with driver, it narrows significantly. That improves my game. Use the power of big data to help see the course.

Give me that and I will give you $50 a year. I just don't think it's worth $50 a year to find out that I should play a 500 yard par 5, PW, 3W, SW. Not logical.

• 3 weeks later...

Their club selection recommendations are really only valid for 20% of the shots during a round. It also cannot tell the difference between hitting a punch 9 or a full gap wedge which I find skews the recommendation that I received. I have been using Arccos for 2 years but the Caddie function just doesn't work for me.I do love the stats though.

Now that they have moved passed the free trial, I am curious if anyone has signed up. I am usually the first one willing to spend money on my golf game (as a garage full of slightly used practice aids attest too), but even I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on $49.99 a year.

I had high hopes for Caddie, and while I still hold out some hopes, I think they need to bring in some additional testers. What I would love to see from Caddie is more "caddie like thinking". For instance, look at how wide the fairway is, and tell me that with a 3wood, I can hit it to the wide spot, but with driver, it narrows significantly. That improves my game. Use the power of big data to help see the course.

Give me that and I will give you $50 a year. I just don't think it's worth $50 a year to find out that I should play a 500 yard par 5, PW, 3W, SW. Not logical.

Pretty sure that's exactly how it works, but it obviously will make a more meaningful impact 1) when you have a solid foundation of club data and 2) play a more popular course.

That said, I personally wouldn't spend $50 a year on it 1) because I live in the Northeast and that means I'm realistically only getting 6-8 months out of it and B) the Arccos already provides a wealth of data that should help supplement my daily playing "feel" to properly strategize how to play a particular hole or shot.

• 2 years later...