Wilson Forged 600 Putter

BIG STU ·  
BIG STUBIG STU Members  13037WRX Points: 4,017Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,037 Titanium Tees

Found a Wilson Forged 600 putter on the pile today. It is an 8802 style but a shorter blunt blade and man that thing is heavy. I know the other night we were discussing some of the Macgregor Ironmasters and the George Low. I do know the Nicklaus JN-100 has a blunt nose and short blade but this one seems shorter and more blunt. Any insight from you Wilson Gurus would enlighten me. Sorry can not get this thing to post pics

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

Comments

• Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 MichiganMembers  4845WRX Points: 2,513Posts: 4,845 Titanium Tees

Can't offer much by way of enlightenment. But can post some pics for you. A couple of Wilson 600's, an Original 600 Geo Low and an Original 600. There was a discussion a couple of years back on the Geo Low vs. Muirfield, that they were more Ironmaster than 8802. Or something like that. Why I took some pics comparing the two. The Wilson is noticeably shorter. The pics:

Edit add: Just ran downstairs and checked. The two Wilsons appear to be have the same blade length. The Original 600 has more rounded face contours compared to the Geo Low and an ever so slight difference in the sole. Waggling both, feel about the same weight.

In general, can't putt worth a lick with heel shafted blades. But I prefer the shape of the Murfield. Once made a 50' across the green putt for a bird in a scramble with it. So it has that going for it.

Posted:
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13037WRX Points: 4,017Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,037 Titanium Tees

Thanks Fella mine looks like the George Low in the first pic without the signature--- But it is marked exactly like the last one you posted except the Wilson on mine is black instead of red

Posted:

• REJREJ Members  139WRX Points: 81Handicap: Too HighPosts: 139 Fairways

From 1982 catalog

Posted:
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13037WRX Points: 4,017Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,037 Titanium Tees

Thanks R E J--- unfortunately mine does not have the leather grip intact but it does have a old school style mid sized rubber Golf Pride. I can't get lucky all the time the last 2 vintage putters I have found on the heap have had pristine leather grips. But I knew for a fact if I posted on here someone would know---- There is such a wealth of combined knowledge on here

Posted:

I took that thing on the putting green this Am for kicks and giggles---- Decided to use it in the shoot out today----- Man I putted good with it sets up and feels good to me better than any of my 8802 styled putters

Posted:

• pahoganpahogan Central PAMembers  91WRX Points: 82Posts: 91 Fairways

Same shape as my go to TPM 5 Spalding putter. Putting feels great with those.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

I think I have a TPM 5 among all the Spalding TP Mills I have. I actually trunked my beloved rusty Santa Fe for the shootout yesterday and used the 600.

Posted:

It is sorta like the Cleveland Designed by 8802 style which I have one. The plain one like mine that has just designed by are a dime a dozen and generally sell now for $15 or less. The ones that say Crenshaw on them go for more and it is the same putter! My 600 is just like the one you posted without the George Low signature on the toe. which I could care less if it said Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck on it no disrespect to George Low intended. That thing sets up for me great fits my eye and feels and rolls the ball good. The ones with George Low signature fetch more on E-Bay I have found

Posted:

• pahoganpahogan Central PAMembers  91WRX Points: 82Posts: 91 Fairways

Anyone able to shed some light on this old leather wrapped Wilson??

Posted:
  • DaddyCaddieIUDaddyCaddieIU Members  86WRX Points: 41Posts: 86 Fairways

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Posted:

I think and someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think those putters came with some of the starter sets back in the 60s. I also remember some of those K-Mart wedges that had the same Arnold Palmer script sorta a Gothic type. Those same wedges some of them had Gene Sarazen on them too. But I may be wrong because I am not a Wilson guru so to speak

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.