What Are You "OCD" About?

Comments

• Sean2Sean2 Members  32470WRX Points: 2,466Posts: 32,470 Titanium Tees

A few times a season I empty my bag completely and turn it over and shake it out. There is always some detritus in there, lol.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12742WRX Points: 3,525Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,742 Titanium Tees

LOL you were not around Charlotte NC by any chance were you? If so I know who the guy is and somehow he can still spin the ball. And this guy does not clean a club and still at age 60 plays to a 4 hdcp and he will play almost any brand ball he finds on the course---- And no it ain't me I am not around Charlotte any more

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special
    LW Wilson Harmonized 60 Stock TT shaft
    Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace MK5 Tour Issue
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

Lol...I once asked a guy whose irons were caked with dirt if he every cleans them, and he said "Once a year, whether they need it or not."

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• randywallrandywall Oak Harbor, WAMembers  43WRX Points: 50Handicap: 28Posts: 43 Bunkers

Just came back from playing here in the Pacific NW, and it reminds me of my obsession - the ground being clear all around my feet. Leaves, little tiny twigs, etc. all have to be gone. Good or bad footing makes all the difference on whether I can hit a decent shot or not. When it's soggy, I will adjust the width of my stance a lot if needed to make sure my feet are properly planted.

Posted:
    Ping G20, 10.5*
    3W: Ping G10 15.5*
    Hyb: Wishon 2 & 3 (18*, 21*)
    Callaway X Hot 5-PW with Aerotech shafts
    SW: Miura 56* K grind
    50* UW, 60* LW: Redbird Forged
    Putter: Northwestern Model 400 or Miura KM008
  • roughhaterroughhater roughhater Members  61WRX Points: 67Posts: 61 Bunkers

Yep, that's me too. It burns me up to see pitch marks not corrected. Last time we played, on one Par 3, I fixed 12 pitch marks. (12!) My wife just laughed but I know she appreciates my efforts.

Posted:
  • J_carpJ_carp Members  77WRX Points: 57Handicap: 1Posts: 77 Fairways

If my clubs aren’t in their designated compartments, I can’t hit another shot.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • gambitgambit Members  4429WRX Points: 252Posts: 4,429 Titanium Tees

Fairway woods have to match.

Headcovers always have to be on.

Shoes have to match brand of clothes if it's like Nike or Adidas or along those lines.

Never wear black and navy together.

I have to clean my clubs and shoes after every round as soon as I get home regardless if they're cleaned at the course.

If I step on something uneven like a rock or stick with one foot I have to do it with the other.

Never wear all black golf shoes.

3 tees in my right pocket, 2 ball markers and divot tool in my back right.

Posted:

You have a lot going on there. :-)

ps: I just ordered wool/tartan head covers. My HC's have to match, and needed some new ones anyway.

Posted:

• gambitgambit Members  4429WRX Points: 252Posts: 4,429 Titanium Tees

My headcovers have to be part of the same color scheme that goes with the bag. Same brand preferably too. Also try to have my finger nails at a certain length before a round. Don't get me started on my eating habits.

Posted:
  • golftherapy02golftherapy02 Members  96WRX Points: 17Handicap: 18Posts: 96 Fairways

My bag being organized. And clean tee boxes. I hate seeing broken tees

Posted:

I go along with that regarding the head covers. :-)

Posted:

Advertisement

A friend of mine heard one guy say when he asked him about replacing his divots, "That's what the hired help is for."

Posted:

• sprcoopsprcoop Tucson, AZMembers  986WRX Points: 223Handicap: 16.7Posts: 986 Golden Tee

Crown on woods/hybrid. Titleist 910D all bought used, all perfect crowns. Must.stay.that.way!

Head cover off. Hit ball, head cover on.

Bottom and sides of head? Meant to be punished. At address looking down at the club I want to see pristine shiny black.

Posted:

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S
    3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R
    3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R
    2I: TourModel III True Temper S
    3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S
    SW: TourModel III True Temper S
    Putter: Cobra Anvil 005
    Ball: Ksig 3 piece

I will take some Meguire's Paint Protect and wax and buff driver and fairway wood heads, as well as the shafts of all my clubs.

Posted:

• REJREJ Members  139WRX Points: 77Handicap: Too HighPosts: 139 Fairways

I'm OCD about loft spacing. I want 4* spacing for irons. Why does it tend to crunch down to 3* for long irons just so it can expand back to 5* or more for woods?

Posted:

I thought that was just me, but I could have written your post.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • fillwelixfillwelix Boston AreaMembers  1514WRX Points: 370Posts: 1,514 Platinum Tees

Well, at least for irons, the length of the clubs also plays a factor, so a 3* gap between a 3 and 4 iron could give you the same yardage gap if the 3 iron is longer than the 4 iron. Also depends on swing speed.

Posted:
    WITB
    Taylormade SIM 9.5* Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade SIM 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Taylormade SIM 19* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
    Taylormade P760 4-PW Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X Tour
  • BogeyBoogyBogeyBoogy Members  22WRX Points: 51Posts: 22 Bunkers

My brothers, whom i play with the most often, always complain about be replacing the head covers on my woods after using (Driver, FW, Hybrids)

Posted:
  • shinobishinobi Members  41WRX Points: 26Posts: 41 Bunkers

totally agree with brand synergy. EVERYTHING MUST MATCH!

Posted:

I am on the bandwagon with clean clubs, gloves, and shoes. Head covers must match. Shoes/clothes, not so much. I get my golf clothes when they are on sale, so I will grab what I can.

Posted:

• scratch67scratch67 Members  148WRX Points: 91Handicap: 4Posts: 148 Fairways

my OCD is golf....😬

Posted:

Titleist TS2’s, driver, 1H and 3H

Mizuno MP-64 irons

Vokey SM7 wedges, 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Special Select Newport 2

Advertisement
  • scratch67scratch67 Members  148WRX Points: 91Handicap: 4Posts: 148 Fairways

Reading thru this thread is amusing. OCD is typically not a good thing, but with golf its just fine...

Posted:

Titleist TS2’s, driver, 1H and 3H

Mizuno MP-64 irons

Vokey SM7 wedges, 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Special Select Newport 2

• SwampratSwamprat Members  29WRX Points: 13Handicap: 18Posts: 29 Bunkers

As i get older, I'm getting more OCD about the arrangement and organization of my golf bag. Each club has to be in the right slot. also, all clubs, with the exception of 2, have the same brand of grip, and all are swingweighted to D2 -3.

Posted:
  • JimmyC59JimmyC59 Members  81WRX Points: 76Posts: 81 Fairways

Have to keep my clubs organized in the bag. Clean club after every shot.

I play old Palmer The Standard clubs. I had to have a hat with "Palmer" on it. I went to a shop and they took a picture of the name on my club, made an embroidery file from it, and I had three hats made that say Palmer in the same exact script as on my clubs. Only cost $110 for the three hats.

Posted:
  • anythingfiniteanythingfinite Members  18WRX Points: 19Posts: 18 Bunkers

Many of the same as others.

Some additional/specific:

1. Shoes/belt match

2. Only 1 natural tee in right front pocket

3. Ball towel in back right pocket

4. No logos for manufacturers I don't have equipment from (really only wear logos of clothing companies)

Posted:
  • FuscinatorFuscinator Members  309WRX Points: 187Posts: 309 Greens

Other than lining my Yoga mat up to the lines on the floor and tying my shoes an equal tautness, I'm pretty much non-anal.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • shotmarkshotmark Members  869WRX Points: 80Handicap: 7.7Posts: 869 Golden Tee

I prefer to think of it as CDO. Like OCD but in the correct alphabetical order.

Posted:
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12742WRX Points: 3,525Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,742 Titanium Tees

Naaw that ain't OCD--- That is a touch of vintage class!!!

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special
    LW Wilson Harmonized 60 Stock TT shaft
    Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace MK5 Tour Issue
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

I wear non-denominational hats (no OEMs), and have a non-denominational golf bag too.

Posted:

Advertisement
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.