Madison Area Golf Memberships

Wedgefromhere ·  
WedgefromhereWedgefromhere Members  405WRX Points: 78Posts: 405 Greens

I'm originally from Wisconsin, but have lived in Florida the last 20+ years. Looking to go back to Wisconsin for summers when I retire in 5-7 years (and possibly permanently before then) and want to start playing courses on my vacations over the next few years to get some ideas of courses that my wife and I would want to be members.

I'm open to private or semi-private. Looking at some of the websites, I'm considering The Oaks Golf Course, Hawks Landing Golf Club, and The Meadows of Six Mile Creek. I've never played any of these courses and would love to hear what people think of these and any others that I should put on my list to try out.

Posted:

Comments

• jsheljshel Members  662WRX Points: 114Posts: 662 Golden Tee

Have only played Hawks Landing, but it was pretty solid. A number of good holes and you clearly have to think about what you're doing.

Have driven past The Oaks a bunch of times and it looks very wide open and you would have a lot of road noise from 94.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
    3W: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (3+)
    Hybrid: Titleist TS2
    Irons: PXG XF Gen 2 Steelfiber shafts
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 54, 58
    Putter: Cameron & Crown Fastback
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • geochitowngeochitown Members  2137WRX Points: 299Handicap: 14Posts: 2,137 Platinum Tees

Links at Strawberry Creek?

Posted:
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in Wishon 919THI 13* Matrix 7M3 at 42.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Wishon 560MC's 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
    OR Bastain Milled BM-007 Prototype 371g at 33"
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members  589WRX Points: 243Handicap: PoorPosts: 589 Golden Tee

You should take a look at Hawk's Landing/The Legend at Bergamont (dual membership), Bishop's Bay, Maple Bluff, University Ridge (not private but you can get the season passes and it is a fantastic track). They are all very distinct. The Oaks is a favorite of mine but I'm not sure how much of that is the history I have with the course (although it is a good course). There are a lot of great courses in the area and you are going to have a blast playing here.

Posted:
  • WedgefromhereWedgefromhere Members  405WRX Points: 78Posts: 405 Greens

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know Hawk's Landing and The Oaks should be on my list. I didn't know University Ridge had a season pass, that's definitely a plus. I'll also check out Bishop's Bay and Maple Bluff.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.