PXG Golf Ball?

1235»

Comments

• new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members  3450WRX Points: 363Posts: 3,450 Titanium Tees

Parsons is a business man first, if he thinks he can make money selling golf balls he'll find a way to make them. If he determines he can't make money, he won't. People laughed at his clubs and the idea anyone would pay $300 per iron, but here he is on his 3rd generation and guess what people are buying them. Seems people are too worried about how others spend their money. I hear the same things from people using $100 putters talking about SC and Betti putters.

I want Parsons to make a golf ball, not cause I'd buy it but because it means he sees a market for it. We want more manufacturers in the industry, we want more choices, more competition and ultimately better products. I promise no one will hold a gun to your head and force you to shell out $70 for a dozen PXG golf balls, so just walk past them in the aisle and be happy the game is still attracting new manufacturers and growing.

Posted:
    Driver - Home Callaway Epic Flash   Away Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4015WRX Points: 746Posts: 4,015 Titanium Tees

This thread was dead. Should have left it that way

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  355WRX Points: 218Handicap: 3.4Posts: 355 Greens

PXG fanboys wont let this thread die, :P hahaaha

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

• new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members  3450WRX Points: 363Posts: 3,450 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Driver - Home Callaway Epic Flash   Away Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  355WRX Points: 218Handicap: 3.4Posts: 355 Greens

if you were alluding to me, i dont hate PXG at all. They created a new category of irons for many golfers (hollow irons) which other manufacturers have now copied at a more affordable price, like TM, etc. But I do see some cult-like following which might be too much.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
    Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
    Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

• ASN21ASN21 G.O.A.T. Bay AreaMembers  512WRX Points: 390Posts: 512 Golden Tee

They didn't invent the hollow iron. It has been around for 15-20 years.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • starrman77starrman77 Starrman Northeast ohioMembers  465WRX Points: 157Handicap: 8Posts: 465 Greens

They just invented charging $425.00 for each one.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue draw 10.5* 44.5"
    Ping i3OS Irons 3 thru UW
    Cobra Speed LD 15* 3 Wood
    Ping G #4 crossover
    Titleist Vokey 56* SW
    Ping Cadence Tomcat C putter 34-3/4"
    Snell MTBX
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4482WRX Points: 1,516Posts: 4,482 Titanium Tees

PXG didn't create a new category of irons. Hollow back irons date back until at least the late 1970's. Despite their bluster PXG didn't create a new category of irons.

Hollow back irons that used a plastic filling from 1979.

Here is a TM hollow back iron from 1988.

TM had a hollow foam filled iron in 1993.

Posted:
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1816WRX Points: 279Handicap: ?Posts: 1,816 Platinum Tees

I didn't even see this thread.

The PXG ball is real. But, you won't see it at market version, maybe ever. I actually firmly believe team Parsons might stay out of this particular market and I'm sure he's aware. The guy likes to swing sticks and his apparel lines. I don't know if I ever understood him to be a "ball guy" like a lot of us.

But, never say never.

Posted:
  • theclubdoctortheclubdoctor Members  85WRX Points: 82Posts: 85 Fairways

You can bet you wont find it at your local muni.

Posted:
  • ShakespeareShakespeare Members  209WRX Points: 101Posts: 209 Fairways

I saw one years ago...was based on the 384 titleist dimple pattern or the hexigon maxfli pattern? Dont quite remember...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3468WRX Points: 356Posts: 3,468 Titanium Tees

The ball marker is saturated. And trying to get into the top end of the market would ruin PXG. They are unable to make a superior ball to what is already on sale.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.