Courses with two 18's

My basketball shorts that I may wear out in public typically have pockets in them for my wallet, keys, and cell phone.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Adam Sandler is worth well over a $100M, grew up playing golf at Manchester Country club in New Hampshire. He was on his high school golf team and I through a friend know that he used to play a lot of golf with his dad, but if you don't want him at your club because he also likes to play basketball, fine ok. I would rather play a round with him than you any day.

It always amazes me when people double down on being a doosh. Keep judging people and living in some world where you are right and your way of thinking is the only acceptable way. Just no that you are the problem and in no way part of the solution.

Which problem you might ask, take your pick, be it the preexisting view by many that golf is an elitist sport, doing nothing to help grow the game or just a part of the divide in society as a whole.

Good day sir

Oh I’m a judge mental jerk, but I also give people a chance to prove me wrong.

I’m not the one starting thread saying people don’t belong a golf course and then following it up by judging people based on how they like to dress. Do I think Adam Sandler looks like a clown, sure. But who am I to judge or even care about how he dresses, it does not effect my life at all.

Keep digging yourself deeper into that hole... I bet you are a blast to play golf with..

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

The world is consistently changing 10, 20 years ago professionals wore slacks and button down shirts. nowadays it's more relaxed. my company allows us engineers to wear slacks or jeans in our office. I tend to wear my golf pants (dual function, and I'm cheap). That by no means makes me a better engineer or worker then my counterpart who wears jeans.

tbh it took me sometime to learn this; I think I spent my 20s thinking stuff like that mattered. Now in my 30s I better realize people actions and how to handle themselves and work with others is the true judge of a person.

What does a pic of some celeb have to do with "Courses with two 18's"? If a nonsensical thread to begin with can jump the shark anywhere, think that Sandler post achieved it.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I work with some of the smartest and most successful people in the world while running a large component of an 9 figure program. 99%+ of the people on the program day to day wear jeans and a t-shirt. Sometimes baggy shorts in the summer. I wouldn't be allowed to go out on a normal golf course the way they dress. Many of them have tattoos and hair colors that don't occur in nature too. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that dressing that way has no negative impact and potentially only positive impact on that company. I don't for one second think that it is bad.

I just like people that act different and think different. Diversity and different ways of doing things, including dress and customs is what brings true creativity to life. I've now lived in 3 countries and spent a minimum of one week in 45 other ones. Things that you think are lowering the bar of society are nothing more than artificial constructs that would be considered silly in some parts of the world or in the tiny town I grew up in where no one could afford to dress in suits and half of the people had coal dust behind them all of the time. Don't waste your time on things that don't matter and don't think less of people that can't afford or don't care to look like you want to look.

I think that's a little off topic. I respect the effort of people who present themselves in a manner that is fitting their adulthood. I don't think you have to wear a suit and tie or even have money to be respectful and dignified.

I feel golf is a sport where its traditions must be kept up. If that doesn't grow the game the way some people want, so be it. The game has survived tough times before and it will continue.

Simple question Bo. If show up and the course pairs you up with someone dressed this way, are you opting out of playing with them based on that? Or do you give them the opportunity to show you that the clothes don’t matter?

As an aside, I completely get the prejudging based on appearance, I think subconsciously we all do it. The bigger issue is, do you let that prejudgment dictate how you proceed. I know I’m awfully casual in the way I dress, and while I usually am at least in a polo when I play, there are times that for whatever reason I might show up in jeans and a t-shirt, or even worse, a pair of gym shorts. I think I’m fairly enjoyable to play with(yes I’m probably delusional, but that’s beside the point). Other than maybe playing too quickly, I think my etiquette is on par with anyone. If we get paired up, are you playing or opting out?

I'm paying to play the course and not to pick who is in my group or not. So if they pair me up with someone, I have to play with them. Ideally the pro shop would tell them to adhere to their dress code, which most courses have noted on the scorecard or website, but few enforce it now unfortunately, kind of like slow play. I certainly wouldn't say anything negative to them about their appearance or dress. I would play with them like I would any other person, focusing on my game mostly with basic politeness.

Do I think lowering standards is good for the game? No. I understand that many think the way for golf to survive is to lower the barrier of entry, making it more casual and fun, bigger hole sizes, playing less holes during a round, Top Golf ect. Something may be hard, but that makes accomplishments all the more sweet. Golf for me is to be held to a high standard.