New Car Shopping Experience

Hybrid

Went to a car dealer today to test drive an suv that has very good ratings. I was disappointed that the dealer tacked on 5k for a ‘Market Price Adjustment’ and some cheap, meaningless dealer add-ons. Not participating in that. Bought another highly rated suv from a dealer who doesn’t do that stuff. I don’t understand why buyers put up with dealers jacking up the price.

That boils down to whether you like the dealer add ons or not . If not. Just by from another dealer. Kind of like going to one fast food joint and complaining that they have a different burger than the one across the street. Just buy from across the street.

Now the market price adjustment sounds like a hard to get model. If so then yes. You have to pay up to be first to get something sometimes . And trust me somebody will pay up to be first .

now. I share your opinion in that I will not buy any dealer add ons either. But I also wouldn’t even test drive one with add ons.

best thing you can do in my opinion is find a smaller dealership Who specializes in customer service. They are easy to spot even by phone....and then remain loyal. You may pay up the first time. But over time you will get it back.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

A car buyer has to be able to simply walk out when they are not offered a deal that is fair. Simply adding on a ‘Market Price Adjustment’ and dealer add-ons is going to prompt me to leave that dealership. Also, I do not haggle on a price. In this day and age anyone can find out the dealer cost of any vehicle. What is harder to find, if impossible at times, is the the dealer incentive from the manufacturer. Generally there is something so even when a dealer sells a car at 'Dealer Cost' they still make money. I offer about $150-$200 over dealer cost and tell them that is my final offer. Either they laugh of scoff at me forcing me to simply turn around and walk out. Another scenario the salesperson starts to negotiate which makes me immediately walk out. The only answer I want to hear is 'we can accept that deal' then off to the financial department to complete the sale. I am also straight forward about what I want in terms of add-ons or extended warranties.

There are plenty of car dealers out there selling vehicles. I will do my due diligence and find the right dealer, the ones who have a great customer feedback and who sell by volume. The last car I purchased was a 2012 Nissan Exterra. We went to the local Nissan dealership and spent 5 minutes talking to the salesman. We told him what we wanted and he started to engage me (strike one). I told him to start engaging my wife directly because she is will be the owner of the car. He started to talk to her about creature comforts which set us both on edge. My wife is very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, mechanics, etc. She doesn't need a dissertation of the vanity mirror and BS like that. That was strike 2. She told him we are not interested in a hard selling and that we would be willing to pay $XXX. He said he would have to get approval from the GM and he would be right back. He came in about $3,000 higher (to start negotiations). My wife said asked what part of hard sale did he not understand. Before he replied I said 'He obviously didn't take us seriously' and we walked out without giving him another opportunity for the sale. We went to another dealer about 30 miles away that sells on volume as they had the same XTerra in the same color and options we wanted. We said we would be willing to pay $XXX and the saleswoman went back to the GM and said they could sell for that. Within 30 minutes we were out the door. We added a tow package, extended warranty (because we were going to ride that XTerra in the high country on severe trails), skid plates. We got running boards thrown in at no charge. We had to go back to the original dealer to pick up something their parts department had for our new XTerra (as arranged by the dealership we purchased from). We ran into the same salesman. He saw us getting out of our new XTerra (wife was driving). He asked why we didn't give the dealership a chance to match the offer. She told him rather bluntly that they were given the opportunity by our initial offer and wasted our time by hard selling us. She then reminded him we said do not do that on the initial communication. Then we told him we would do everything to recommend dealer X who respected our time and gave us our deal and to avoid the first dealership. I told him selling a car is about developing relationships and that he had disrespected our relationship from the outset. Then we turned and picked up our part and left.

In the end, we were not afraid to walk away. We are never attached to anything so much we are willing to overspend. I am fortunate that when I purchase a car it is out of want, not need. (sorry for the long winded blather)

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Have never seen that here (Canada), typically the price they offer is the one on the website , plus some dealer incentives to go lower, never higher. But this is for normal cars, not like a porsche GT2 or something

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Isn't that on another sticker that's on the window? And would be advertised as such on the dealer's website?

Sometimes there is value in a test drive of something you have no intention of buying that day just to see what it's all about - done that. But buyers in general have all the tools they need and have for a long time to go well-armed when car buying for new cars - most important as you know, OP, is the ability to simply say "no". Amazes me too that some folks apparently can't, but there you are.

I will purposely play the dealership game until I get the price that I want. If they want to spend the whole day negotiating then I’m okay with that because in the end I know what number I’m willing to pay and if they don’t meet that then yes perhaps a wasted day for me but they also wasted a day to make a deal quickly and deal with other customers. Generally in the end the dealership is so tired of me mooching on free soda or snacks or whatnot that they want me out as fast as they can get me to sign. I know going in that I’ll be wasting a day but who cares.

• Like 1

That's an interesting spin on car buying. I suppose watching the dealership go crazy negotiating might just be worth it. Too funny!

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

I did it with the S4.

I was buying used / new 2019. Only a few left

in the end I got a 2 month old one for around $17k off new price

My local dealer had a 2018 one with 20k and could find a new one. Went in and said look 2 month old one for this price. Wait let me look at inventory of Audi again. Low and behold he found one but not the colour or some of the options of the 2 month old one

said this is the deal. He came back with $2k more on the entire deal, nope going to look at the other

whilst in the other dealership he suddenly could do a better deal. Showed that to the dealer, he looked at the car as Audi dealerships. Said it didn’t have same options and he wouldn’t match the better offer. Ok thanks going to buy the other one. As I’m walking out the door, ok we’ll match it by increasing the trade in and lowering the price

he then said that’s it. Showed what he was in for as the S4 was a customer trade in that wanted an RS5 after 3 days ownership

however, funny story. Finance person came over, a man and said I’ll deal with finance. Ok no worries but I’m paying it off as bank was closed for cheque.

next thing lady finance came over, I’m dealing with you now. Stunning looking lady.

then it’s the hard sell on everything

my response, I’ll give you 5 mins to get me out of the door or I’m walking. Only thing I want is the 5 year servicing. Wait no you need all of this just in case. Listen 5 mins and I’m all done. I can still walk. Lots of huffing and puffing and all done

She walks out to the finance director and shakes her head and arms up. I saw him looking gave him a thumbs up ?

Dont care I got 4 years warranty as it was register later dec 2019 and only a few hundred miles

• Like 1

First off. You’re not wrong in your thinking. Just wrong in who to blame.

the poor salesperson has zero control of how the deal is worked , started , or finished. They are literally greeters who carry your offer to the tower and the managers offer back. Some will go rogue and pencil their own deals , but it’s extremely rare. And most dealers will fire you for it.

example. If he goes back with the quote you have “ I’ll pay $200 over invoice and that’s my final offer “. The manager will first laugh , and then second pencil something higher. Just to take your temperature. If you walk , it’s know as “ Quick qualifying “. As in they smoked you out as more trouble than youre worth quicker than spending all afternoon and still not making the sale. As an aside. Most sales people are only paid on profit over invoice. So if you buy for $ 200 over he gets $50. Now depending on how long it takes. That maybe a good dollar per hour deal. But it quickly can be a loser for the salesperson. They DONOT get paid on dealer profit. Or “ holdback “ . Which is simply built in profit from the manufacturer to cover overhead . That also doesn’t account for a dealers “ floor plan “ overhead. Which is the interest paid on every car on the lot to the manufacturer for each day they have it in stock. They pay the manufacturer Or an independent bank back for days rental of the car while they try to sell it. Which is the only reason why cars get bonuses put on them and discounts after 90 days. Point being. It’s not a simple “ invoice is cost “ commodity.

main point is don’t blame the poor salesperson , they have near zero say so in how your deal goes. And they get paid minimum wage draw and then 20-25% over invoice. On a sale. Which means they pay back their hourly wage when their commission equals more than the minimum wage draw. Average sales a month for a good salesman is 10-15 cars. And he works 60-70 hours a week. It’s a really crappy job. Worse than McDonald’s.

I was a inventory order manager at a huge ford store in a past life ( my youth ). I’ve seen unspeakable things in a dealership. Lol. No doubt the whole system is broken and sucks. Next time just tell them you want to meet the manager and cut to the chase. Tell him to his or her face what you’ll pay and be done with it. Better yet. Get a manager on the phone before you go down. My 2 cents.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I never said I blamed the salesperson. I walk in, give my offer. I don't waste their time and I expect my time not to be wasted. They can either say yes or no. We can have an agreement within minutes or we can part ways quickly. I don't ask for an unrealistic number but I'm not willing to spend all day at a dealership taking their free water, snacks, etc.

In the case with the first Nissan dealership and salesman, we were very clear with our offer and we said we were not going to negotiate. He comes back with a negotiation. Plain and simple he, or the GM, didn't respect our wishes as the customer. That's why we walked out. Keep in mind the salesman later said when we went back to the service department that they would have matched our offer. They had the first opportunity and lost it by trying to do a hard sell. Why was our offer good enough after we took our business to a dealership that treated us with a bit of respect?

I don't know what the pay is for salespersons at car dealerships. Some work on commission and others work on volume. Keep in mind salespersons accepted the terms of their employment and what bearing does that have with the consumer? When times are tough in my profession is the car dealership going to give me a hard knocks discount because they feel bad for me? No, they will not and I'm not asking for pity. I'm just looking to purchase a commodity, that's all. All I know is I work very hard for my salary and it would behoove me to be wise in how I spend it. Why am I wrong to be wise with my dollars? Is it wrong of me to find the best deal? Is it wrong of me if a car dealership is willing to make a deal with me that we both can accept? Just because I walk into a car dealership doesn't mean I am at their mercy. The dealership can always say no and I'm fine with that. No hard feelings. I do have hard feelings when I am treated disrespectfully or in a condescending manner, as if I'm doing the dealership a favor.

First off. Chill. I said I agreed with your thinking. Just not where to place the blame.

I’ve never heard of a salesperson being paid on volume. Period. There are dealers with straight hourly order takers ( sales people ) but thats not really paid on volume. Maybe bonus on volume. for most it’s straight front end gross ( to use a car lot term ) Some May also pay a small percentage on back end gross ( the finance office ) IF and only IF the customer is sold on some back end add ons before the finance manger gets his hooks into them . Such as tire warranty , extended warranty , roadside etc .wach has cost and markup and the person selling them gets a cut of that profit too. ....but that’s also how the finance manager gets paid , so usually it’s very separate ( front and back end profit )...., for instance You buy a car at 200 over invoice plus tax tag etc ..The salesperson gets a percentage of that $200 .... then you finance at 5% for $ 50k and the actual finance rate from the bank is 2%..... the dealer just made 3% off your loan on the back And the finance manager will get a percentage of that as his pay off of that profit . The salesperson rarely gets any of that action .

im just pointing out the salespersons perspective. Sure they work there of their own will But Take your comment in the service line and his reply that “ they would have matched it “ That’s illustrating exactly what I’m saying . He didn’t really care to do battle with you either . His manager made him . Had you showed a quote they likely would have rolled over and matched it . But you didn’t . And the salesperson has no leg to stand on when going to bat at the counter . See lots of salespeople will be on your side to a fair extent . But They can’t let their manager know that and keep their job . Salespeople generally have a morning meeting every day where they post sales for the previous day , get cussed out if they don’t have any , or if they are all loser deals , and then cussed out again for the day to come . Every day . Last thing you want to do is appear to not be trying to rape everybody .... that’s just not how it works . as a customer , Coming in and strong arming rarely works . You with either have to do one of two things .... 1. Play the game for at least 2 back and forths .... or 2. Call ahead and have a deal worked over the phone . You need to pick out a stock numbered car first .... then call and do the dance . Give an excuse as to why you can’t drive in , You have a lot more leverage when your not in the dealership .

question .... did you pay your exact want to price at the second dealer ? Just curious .... Minus additions of course

All that being said some salespeople are just too stupid to deal with .. I get that .. and I’ve walked on several deals myself ... but I bought every one of them for the priceI’ve offered within 2 -3 hours of walking .... just have to learn the rules of the game. Go home and call back and ask for the actual GM of the dealership.

And be careful with interest rates and extended warranty...both are negotiable ....you may pay them $200 up front profit and they make $4500 -7k plus on the back end ...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

@RobotDoctor
sorry for the rambling. To try to clarify and/or summarize.

You absolutely Have the right to seek the best deal you can. And should. But focus more on the finance side than the selling price .
I just don’t think that harping on the salesperson will get you there. That’s literally the lowest man on that totem pole. He has zero say so in bringing you back a “ yes or no “ on your offer . He has to return with what his manger tells him to , or may get fired . I’ve seen them fired for much less . Is that right ? Absolutely not .... but it’s the truth and it’s reality . It’s right above strip club , or drug smuggler as far as cut throat and/or poor working environment. But they stay because of that once a year month where you make a lot of money . It’s very akin to a gambling addict.
if you found a dealership where you walked in , offered $200 over and they said “ ok. Cool let’s do it “ if he shocked. But I do know that some are easier than others. As in some have embraced paying their salespeople a living wage and embraced volume sales. Probably smart as most the money is made in finance and add ons anyway even at the traditional “ hard sale “ dealers .
anyway. My synopsis is getting long. Lol. So I’ll shut up. It’s just a hot button topic for me , as I always feel sorry for people in that position. They literally put you ( the salesperson ) as a middle man with zero authority , and blame you if the customer doesn’t buy.
i approach sales people as nicely as I can. Zero demands. More of like “ so look. I’m easy ... very easy ... I’ve already picked out the car . Can we get your manager in your office and get this rolling . Don’t give the salesperson any number. Give it to the manager. If they balk . Politely walk . Go home and call the GM ... tell him the offer. Very politely. Not any of this “ I’m disgruntled “ crap . 9 out of 10 times he will sell you the car. If not. Don’t ever go back. That’s my step by step move. No aggression, no aggravation, no real trouble. I prepare my mind for those steps before hand. You show up with no car picked out and it’s game on. I just don’t let the game ever start. I hope some of my rambling makes sense and maybe helps. If not please disregard.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

No worries. I wasn't getting upset. Lol. It's just buying a car. :D

With my wife's Xterra we offered a price and they accepted. I offered $300 over dealer cost because that and the additional dealer savings (dealer incentive, etc) I believe that's fair for a quick sale. I also got extended warranty and financed through Nissan which probably brought the dealer a bit more. We were happy, the dealership was happy, everyone wins here. Besides, I have recommended that dealership to anyone who listens.

With regard to my car, yes, I paid exactly what I wanted. Of course I purchased it through the Costco car purchasing program so the price was what it was. The best benefit is that I ordered the options I wanted not bound by packages. That's the beauty of the Costco car program, there is no negotiations. The price is what it is.

So in both these cases I paid what I wanted. Of course that's not always been the case. I have purchased cars when I was young that I overpaid significantly for because I had to have the car. In those cases the salesmen took advantage of my ignorance. Maybe that's why I take the stand I do now. In the end when I buy a car it's because of a want, not a need. That makes it easy to walk out if I don't feel good about a deal.

Cheers!!! :)

I know one of the big midwestern dealership groups pay on a volume based system. It’s tiered, so the 9th car may not make the salesman more money, but the 10th probably will. This is more common for the “one price” places. Where the salesman has less control of his earnings because there is limited negotiation. It’s quite common. I spent over 25 years in the car business and had numerous former new car salespeople work for me at one time or another, so I’ve heard most of the pay methods

Robot, speaking from the dealer side (please don’t take any offense because this isn’t directed at you), most customers who come in and say they don’t want to negotiate and want the best price upfront are flat out lying. Because as soon as you give them your best price, they immediately counter with a lower offer. That’s why for someone like you who really does mean it to establish a relationship with a dealer. Then they’ll know that when you say that you really do mean it. I was involved in a lot of these type deals before I finally decided how to respond to that statement. I started telling people that I was going to give them best price upfront( and I would) so don’t offer me a single dollar less. Sometimes, and with some people, the negotiating part of it is really a lot of fun, for many others, pure misery.

• Like 1

Lol! That has never happened to me! I've never been countered with a lower price. Maybe I'm always overpaying. ?

1st PSA: Don't text and drive and discourage others - for Safety!!! Why, some lady texting and driving slammed into me while waiting at a stop light. Totalling my car and injuring me badly - couldn't walk or really even sleep for 10 days and still feeling the effects 2 months later - have not played golf as a result - the worst part!!!

Had to get a new car and the Hyundai dealership where we got our Santa Fe was brilliant - above and beyond, fair, listened and was the best buying experience I have ever had.

I did it last year and it was a terrible experience. It seems built to make things difficult to compare and to wear you down until you just say "f it" and pay more than you wanted to. Takes a lot of attention to detail and stubbornness to get what you want.

They were showing me stuff out of my budget and I was about to walk out. “No one pays list.” Then they came back with a price 15% lower that was now in my budget. Call me new fashioned, but I don’t like negotiating. I want to see a price, figure out if it makes sense, and buy it. Car dealers are one of the few remaining businesses where that doesn’t happen.

Then in financing (there was a rebate for using theirs) they showed me 4 monthly price options and literally none of them were just for the car. They all had some baked in extra service or options. Had to explicitly ask them to give me an option to just get the car. The highest option was literally twice the monthly payment of the car alone.

I walked out with the car I wanted at a price in budget, but still felt frustrated at the experience. How many businesses exist where that can happen?

Our salesperson was great and the only reason the experience wasn’t 100% terrible.

My experience has always been that different companies seem to have different guidelines towards playing with the pricing

I've bought 2 GM's and both times they lowered their price considerably, their salespeople seemed to be very "what's it going to be take to sell you this car?" and you can just negotiate it down. They always seemed very desperate for sales. I bought from 2 different dealerships and than shopped again at GM for my most recent car (though did not buy a GM this time). They will give you almost anything to keep you from walking out

Companies like Toyota just seem really confident that you're going to buy a Toyota LOL. They seem a lot less willing. One of their salespeople told me once they don't have a lot of leeway. I don't know if thats true but i've bought 4 Toyotas and it was always like this. Like "here's the price man, hope you like it, otherwise take care!" LOL....I've gotten some small concessions but never anything big

Subaru was like that too, went there a couple of times for cars and they weren't willing to discuss much , i wanted a WRX once and the guy was just like "everyone wants that, someone will buy it tomorrow if you don't " LOL.

I guess it depends what's popular in your area. I guess no one buys GM's here

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I’m a weird individual but I like the car buying experience. I’m only 41 but it’s old school to me. It’s as simple as this..it’s their job to make the most amount if profit off you and it’s your job to get there profit as close to zero as possible.

Back in sept 2010 I was looking for a track model of a genesis coupe. One dealer had a 2011 but not a 2010 and was trying hard to sell me a 2010 touring version. The manager was a very very attractive late 20’s woman. At the end of the negotiations in which I didn’t buy the car she apologizes for the experience. I replied that I rather like the experience in which she replied “Your awful!” I retorted back “I’m awful for liking the customer experience you have chosen to provide?!”?

This is more of a philosophical question, but i often ask it in various circumstances including my own job, where i am in many negotiations with customers. If the customer always whittled the profit down to (almost) zero of the seller, the sellers would cease to exist and be replaced with ones that provide almost no level of service or legit be robots, or they would go away entirely

I have seen so many people in my industry complain about terrible service levels, while at the same time constantly attempting to negotiate their markups down.

We really do it to ourselves. I understand both sides, but it's like a runaway train we can't stop. Service is one of those things we don't realise we want to pay for until it's gone. Eventually we'll be buying cars off hotlines talking to someone in Latvia

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

haha! That’s such a load of crap! Typical Canadian?Nobody is forcing you or them to sell you the vehicle. I understand what you are saying but neither is being forced to do anything. Maybe in your area there are dealers closing and changing names but not where I live. The salesman man not make a killing but the organization as a whole aren’t doing that bad around here. In fact they have powerful lobbyist in congress to make sure the manufacturers can’t just do away with them.

That being said Toyota has a 100 year plan and part of their plan is to sell direct to the public. They would like for you to walk into a factory showroom, pick out the vehicle you want, and in a few hours it will roll out the back of the plant for you to take home..so they view dealerships as necessary evils at this time

I’m not one of them but people hate dealerships because it forces people into “conflict”. A dealer will flat out let you play sticker or even add a up charge for a popular vehicle because it’s supply and demand or just because they believe they convince you it’s justified. People don’t like the fact that someone can pay thousands of dollars different than someone else but we have been increasing programed to “not be aggressive”.

Buying a car is a big purchase for most people yet most people don’t do their homework and aren’t willing to fight to keep their hard earned money. Not only that they openly begrudge the people that are willing to do so (dealerships).

I wasn't just referring to the car market, just markets in general. I agree that most transactions are voluntary and I understand how capitalism works, I'm not opposed to it. I do find it interesting though that many businesses that have higher priorities on service (meaning you can talk and deal with humans) tend to be going away , people dont seem to like that but also dont want to pay for it

All I am saying is I dont mind if a company makes money, if i value the product they sell

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yes I totally agree..but it’s the consumer’s fault for the most part.

For me personally, I’m not looking to build a relationship with the dealer. I only buy a car every 5-10 years and I don’t buy new. The last car I bought was a 2017 Nissan Murano...spent all day driving different suv’s to decide we like this model the best. I live in middle Tennessee and 20 minutes from Nissan headquarters Everybody and their momma drives a Nissan around here. Murano’s galore for sale but nobody was discounting them. Finally found one via the Internet at a Lexus dealership 2k under what everyone else was asking for same model and mileage. Got another $750 off that price and they were happy to get rid of it because they had it for months and nobody had even test drove it Manager gave the old “we are losing money on this deal..we only sell cars so we can service them”. Don’t know if I believe him or not but it’s definitely interesting to me?. Given the crazy rates auto dealerships charge for repairs it’s absolutely possible. Anyway, the car had a few thousand miles left on the 36k warranty but they weren’t going to service it so they didn’t care and they were about 1hr way from where I live so I wouldn’t have taken it there anyway even if they were a Nissan dealership..basically a one night stand type of transaction.

Now here comes the interesting part, the car is now 2k over the 36k warranty. The radar module on the front if the car may or may not be going out. The average cost to replace it is $1800. You can buy a new module off ebay for $500 from a nissan dealership but you have to have it calibrated..Nissan is the only one is the only one that can do that..they have you by the balls. Now if I bought it at a actual Nissan dealership would they treat me any different idk???‍♂️

The dealerships are in a hard spot because most the most part the cars they are selling aren’t “special”. The dealer in the next town has the same exact car so they only thing they can compete with is price unless you want to get into service packages etc. You know this and they know this..they also know if you walk out, the chances that you come back a very rare so that’s why you get the hard sale. Everyone hopes that their car gets break down and if it does the dealerships are contractually obligated to fix it as long as it under warranty so you end up with what we have now. Again I’m perfectly fine with how it is..there are winners and loser in every thing and just like that and golf I try not yo be the loser.

Lots of interesting views in this thread. As a consumer myself, I definitely understand trying to get the best deal.

However, I also understand profit is necessary. Contrary to popular belief, profit is not a bad thing. But fair is definitely fair. The car business is funny though because it seems like it might be the only business where people go in with the intent to not pay what the price tag says. I don't negotiate the cost of a gallon of milk

That’s because it wouldn’t be worth it for most people especially to save 20 cents and we have been conditioned to just pay. I have a coworker that will and the stores actually will give you a discount. He actively finds items about to expire and offer to buy them at a discount.

Our local kroger use to discount bread at a certain time everyday in the bakery. My coworker who has a big big family would stalk the area until they discounted the bread and buy all if it. They literally stopped discounting the bread until the next day when he’s at work?

Absolutely true Jeff. And don’t take offense as I mean none. But we called it the “ hipster buyer vs the old folks “. The hipster buyer wants the trendy car , and doesn’t want the pressure sale. And can afford to pay the profit. The old folks want to do the dance , won’t pay much profit and want legacy brands ( GM Ford Chrysler ) The clientele doesn’t overlap much. Or didnt. People die out so it’s overlapping more and more. And brand loyalty is dying or shifting because of it.

make no mistake. The “ volume dealers “ who people buy from and have started the no haggle pricing trend are making more profit off you per car. Which is probably for the best overall. the Dumbest things the big 3 ever did was allow control of pricing to be held by the dealers. But like you said. That runaway train is way too fast go stop now. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock