Bridgestone Golf Tour B 2020 Lineup

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • flushemflushem Members  2075WRX Points: 425Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,075 Platinum Tees

I as 10+ hcp player need straight flying ball than high spin balls due to my irregular and inconsistent swing. Right amount of spin on green helps even more, and each player has different preferences in feel. You see many amateurs are as vocal as 9- hcp players.

Posted:
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members  4767WRX Points: 519Posts: 4,767 Titanium Tees

me too....im in the same boat as a high hdcp player and i always ask myself "why does it matter so much".

I ordered 2 samples of the new BX and BXS hoping to answer this question......does it really matter?

I didnt mean to hijack the thread. It popped into my head as i was reading this thread and just figured id ask the question.....but in true WRX form, the piranahs attack!!!

i didnt mean to offend or hijack, it was a question i had for myself as well as others.

Posted:
  • OldboyOldboy Members  2513WRX Points: 248Posts: 2,513 Titanium Tees

Upon further review. I’m getting more spin off the short and mid irons. ‘19 version would roll out more

Posted:
  • Twin2LTwin2L Members  347WRX Points: 241Handicap: 12Posts: 347 Greens

As one of the so-called “piranah’s”, why would a golfer of any handicap consider only the higher compression “tour balls”?

Maybe most WRXers have a better, faster swings than Fred Couples and Rocco Mediate, or perhaps know more about getting a golf ball to perform. Both are playing the softest urethane ball B-Stone makes (B RXS).

I know the mentality of... “I have X swing speed so I should play Y type of ball”. .......BTDT.

Don’t “should on yourself”.

Posted:
    It matters not what others call you. What you choose to answer to identifies who you are.

Wishon 919THI  11* S2S Black 65 S
    Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
    Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
    Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2  54* & 60*
    Wishon S2R #1 milled face putter

Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,190Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

Still haven’t hit either. But not pleased to know both are softer. I just prefer a click off putter. When it’s mushy distance control struggles. Makes it feel “ hot “ to me.

Posted:
  • arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers  661WRX Points: 366Handicap: 14.5Posts: 661 Golden Tee

It's very possible they need to shave spin. Very few amateurs need to shave spin with irons, but more than a few pros do. Couples and Mediate aren't exactly speed demons with their swings these days, and they might be willing to give up a mile and hour or two of ball speed to drop some spin on their irons.

Posted:
    Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Ping G410 4H
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3027WRX Points: 1,281Posts: 3,027 Titanium Tees

Played the new B XS today and wow, what a great ball. Durability is crazy good and the feel is fantastic. I would say length is on par with last years but all around its an improvement when you take everything into account.

Posted:

Epic Flash / Apex / Epic / MD4 / Phantom X5.5 + Pro 2.0 TS / ATMOS TS Blue / Pro 2.0 / Nippon

• DFinchDFinch Members  1530WRX Points: 324Handicap: 6.2Posts: 1,530 Platinum Tees

Initial impressions of the ‘20 BX vs. ‘19 BX vs. MTBX:

Driver/3W: No obvious differences in feel or performance. None of them feel overly firm or soft to me.

Irons: ‘20 BX spins the most, followed by ‘19 BX then MTBX (which continue the trend of being very similar balls). We have a couple of greens that slope away enough that an approach that hits mid-green or beyond won’t hold...you end up on back fringe or rough. ‘20 BX held. The other two ended up trickling off like usual. This will matter even more in summer.

Wedges: Same as above. ‘20 BX was backing up on full shots. ‘19 BX was backing up slightly. MTBX was hit and stop. Greens were pre-season soft but fairly fast.

Pitches/chips: Noticeably more check with the ‘20 BX on intentional spinners and softer feel. MTBX and ‘19 BX were extremely similar to each other and clickier. After several hours in two sessions on the pitching/chipping green I can safely say there is a noticeable increase in green side spin and feels the softest on chips and pitches. Win-win.

Putter: ‘20 BX and MTBX were similar. ‘19 BX was just a touch firmer/clickier.

I think they achieved the goal of more spin separation and did it while also improving feel. Durability also appears to be above average. It’s a great ball.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Ventus Black 6S 44.5" / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 14* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 17.5* / Maltby TS2 DG105 X100 / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Evnroll ER8 Gravity Grip
  • MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, CaliforniaMembers  548WRX Points: 120Handicap: 7.3Posts: 548 Golden Tee

Really? I was a 10.7 in January and now 7.3 .

Does the ball I play now matter since im below a 10? It's always mattered fool.

Sounds like "don't see a fitter till you break 90"

Posted:

Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3451WRX Points: 352Posts: 3,451 Titanium Tees

Waiting to try these. May have to go online as local stores don't touch Bridgestone. Current RXS is a great ball.

Posted:
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members  4767WRX Points: 519Posts: 4,767 Titanium Tees

not sure why u are so offended by an opinion.

4some at the course

“Im a 12”. Im a “23”, “im a 4”

MKPAPA - “ im a 7.3 guys”!!

other 3 guys leave

Posted:
    Post edited by tsecor on
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32671WRX Points: 2,927Posts: 32,671 Titanium Tees

I like the responsiveness of a premium ball around the green...I can get aggressive with chips and pitches knowing the ball won't release and trundle 15 feet past the hole. As far as distance goes according to Dean Snell there isn't much difference off the tee with any ball...maybe a 3-4 yards.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1486WRX Points: 288Posts: 1,486 ClubWRX

Got the B RX out yesterday. Course is very wet so no roll. Initial impressions are very good but this is a similar ball to something I played before and is a bit too soft for me. I come from a ProV1 which is the "just right" ball for me on feel. After getting into the round and hitting quite a few different irons, pitch shots and putts, I realized this ball was just about the exact same as a AVX for my game. I played the AVX for almost a full season when they first came out. Iron shots carried about 1/2 club further than I am used to in this cold weather. I was back at summer distances. The ball hit and stopped maybe 6-8" behind its pitch mark. This immediately told me I was dealing with much less spin on iron shots as I can pull a ProV1 back 6-8' on our soggy greens. Pitch shots rolled out more than I am used to. Trajectory was good and probably higher than I am used to. Can't tell much about driver or longer clubs due to having no roll. Overall its a very good ball and something I would definitely play in softer conditions but when the greens firm up, I'll need more spin. Now on to the BX. I'm going to try those this afternoon.

Posted:
  • jas904jas904 Members  1562WRX Points: 212Handicap: 1.4Posts: 1,562 Platinum Tees

I’m in the same camp. I tested both the 2020 XS and RXS and found no difference between either ball. Driver and iron distance were identical as was spin, both approach shots and greenside.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
    Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

Advertisement

i just came back from the range....short game testing on both the new balls was identical....even the feel between the 2 was more similar than the last edition

Posted:
  • WardonationWardonation Members  1595WRX Points: 198Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,595 Platinum Tees

Long time PROV1X player, IMO the best PROV1X was the 13 model hands down for me. I played 18 holes yesterday with the BX ball and it is the BEST ball I have ever played hands down. Great spin around greens and long off tee. Just nailed it...

Posted:
  • MBBGMBBG South of ChicagolandMembers  1723WRX Points: 244Posts: 1,723 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
    Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
    Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
    Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
    Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
    Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 
  • WKYTrooperWKYTrooper Members  228WRX Points: 63Handicap: 1.7Posts: 228 Fairways
    Posted:
    Post edited by WKYTrooper on
    PING G400 9* 
    PING G25 15* 
    PING G25 20* 
    PING i20 4-PW green dot
    Titleist Vokey 51*, 56*, 60*
    Odyssey Milled RSX 7 / Odyssey 7cs XG
  • WKYTrooperWKYTrooper Members  228WRX Points: 63Handicap: 1.7Posts: 228 Fairways

Thanks for the insight. I was worried the '20 BX would be too grabby around the greens on pitches and chips from reviews I've seen. I'm coming from the B330s to the BX and like the firmness from the switch. Can you speak on the short game with your experience? I haven't had the chance to try the new ball but I was trying to decide on buying more '19 BX or investing in the new hype of the '20 BX. Any insight on the driver?

Posted:
    PING G400 9* 
    PING G25 15* 
    PING G25 20* 
    PING i20 4-PW green dot
    Titleist Vokey 51*, 56*, 60*
    Odyssey Milled RSX 7 / Odyssey 7cs XG

Advertisement
  • WardonationWardonation Members  1595WRX Points: 198Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,595 Platinum Tees

The ball checks nice but you can still play bump and runs and the knuckly flop at will. When you need to nip one it checks. It might be a touch "hot" with irons as well? Too early to tell yet...

Posted:
  • collje26collje26 Members  766WRX Points: 136Handicap: zeroPosts: 766 Golden Tee

Is there a comparable Bridgestone model to the left dash? Really like that ball as it’s right between the tp5 and tp5x.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9 Hzrdus Hulk 70tx
    Ping G410 LST 14.5 Atmos black 8tx
    Ping G 17.5 Rombax P95x
    Ping i500 3/4 PX LZ 6.5
    Ping Blueprint 5-P PX LZ 6.5
    Ping Glide Forged 54/60 Tour Issue S400
    Ping TR1966 Anser WRX
    -Prov1x
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members  2761WRX Points: 248Handicap: 6.4Posts: 2,761 Titanium Tees

You will most likely enjoy the new BX.

For me, Incredibly similar to left dash with driver and long clubs but with more spin on mid to short irons.

New BX is dead in the middle of TP5 an TP5x in my opinion.

It’s an incredible ball, for my game.

Posted:
    Post edited by G-Bone on
    TaylorMade SIM Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-6
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 14º & 19º ~ GD Tour AD IZ-7
    Titleist U•510 Iron 4i ~ Project X HZRDUS Black 80
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5 – PW ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 blackout
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 blackout
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) & 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X 6.0 SS blackout
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140) 
    Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Lomo SaltadoLomo Saltado Members  104WRX Points: 71Posts: 104 Fairways

Played the new B RX today and found it to be a great ball. The durabality was incredible. Played the same ball for 18 holes. I always clean my ball on the greens so when I went to put the balls back into the sleeve it took several seconds to determine which was the ball I played that day as I like to put that ball in last for my next round. (Yes I'm a bit OCD). I didn't hit any trees or paths but did scrape a massive palm branch so was surprised the ball had barely any noticible use. As far as playabity I was not striking the ball well today so not enough info to form an opinion other than it felt great around the greens and perhaps a touch softer. I may try a sleeve of RXS just to compare but I definitely think I have my gamer for the next couple of years.

Posted:
  • monkeyboymonkeyboy Lefty Boomers  845WRX Points: 257Handicap: 8.6Posts: 845 Golden Tee

Small feedback on Tour BX. Played yesterday, cold and wet, trying some swing changed so I only hit the Tour BX on Par 3s and other wide open holes.

I like a firmer feeling ball - especially off putter. Snell MTB-x has been my ball last season.

The Tour BX is a hair softer than the '19 version, not so noticeable though. It really is a great all around ball...we are splitting hairs now.

I cannot say much about spin/distance except that on well struck shots, it behaved perfectly based on what I would expect.

Until I get more play time to better estimate distance, I currently cannot see the benefit to switch from Snell MTB-x (for $29 per dozen) to Tour BX (for $44 per dozen)...the differences are not enough to justify the price premium, that is how equal I see these 2 balls.

Posted:
    Driver (9.0) - Cobra F9 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
    Wood (14.5) - Cobra F9 Aldila NV Green 75 S
    Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
    Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
    Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
    Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
    Putter - Gauge Design GAA-8
    Ball - Snell MTB-x
    Pure Midsized Grips

Advertisement
  • Tarheelnation3Tarheelnation3 Golfer's Delight Members  1832WRX Points: 181Posts: 1,832 Platinum Tees

I'm with you on this assessment. I have never been into Bridgestones. Randomly grabbed a box of the BX when they showed up at the Club. Holy balls, it was great. Long off the tee, very durable, and was getting great spin around the greens. It was good enough that I exchanged 6 dozen balls from my golf closet for these. I did add two boxes of BXS to try as a comparison for some reason (even though I'm still not sure what the difference between the BX and BXS are). However, as of now, the BX will be my new ball for the foreseeable future.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SubZero w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
    Fairway Wood: Ping G410 w/ Evenflow Black
    Driving Iron: Miura Giken ICL-601 18* w/ Aerotech Steelfiber FC 90 F4 S
    Irons: Miura CB301/Nippon Modus3 120
    Wedges: 50F*/55K*/60M* Raw Hand Ground Vokey Wedges (hand ground by the man himself)
    Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Toolbox and Aloha Special/Kari Lajosi Electric Blue Damascus/Other Assorted putters

I love Golf, Scotch, and Cigars. Why? Because I'm a man.

Instagram Handle: Tarheelnation3
  • OldboyOldboy Members  2513WRX Points: 248Posts: 2,513 Titanium Tees

well then you should go '19 tour BX for that price .. 😉

Posted:

No doubt. Great great ball. I used the bxs all year last year.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Twin2LTwin2L Members  347WRX Points: 241Handicap: 12Posts: 347 Greens

I played the ‘20 BRX yesterday. Easy distance with controlled swings off driver. Only was aggressive with 2 tee shots, but the ball responded really well. I really like the flight. The dimple changes seem to really make a difference. With a wet course, not much opportunity to see how much they’ll really release, but they did real well.

Off the forged irons these are money! Nice high but penetrating trajectory, check really well (greens were quite receptive), easy to check on pitches. Caught a wedge heavy, expected shot to be a two least 10 yards short of the green, landed and stuck on the fringe. 2 sand shots landed very soft and controlled release. The old RX would have released noticeably more. Was aggressive on a 90 yard wedge, tried to knock it down and check it. Carried it 7 or 8 yards too far, it bounced then landed in the fringe but had a bunch of spin trying to get back to the green.

Compared to last version, the ‘20 is a bit less “clicky” off all clubs, but feels very solid. I think Fred Couples says it best when he mentions that you can “feel the ball on the face”. I did play a couple of holes with the old version and I still like it.... but, I really wanted to hit the next shot with the new ball.

Even with less than perfect golf weather, cool, overcast, in the 50’s, breezy and very humid, on a soft course, I found I had exceptional distance control on approach shots. I found after only a few shots, I had a level of confidence on mid and long iron approaches that I have not had for quite some time. This ball is very easy to move left, right or hold on line.

in considering what if anything I could try to dislike about the ball it would have to be the softer “click” off the putter. Subtle difference, but I was aware of it for a while. Mid way through the round I realized i didn’t think about it anymore. Distance control was great, right from the first putt and it rolls very smooth off the putter face.

I’m looking forward to seeing this ball perform on a nice green course on a sunny day. I think Bridgestone has a winner.

Posted:
    It matters not what others call you. What you choose to answer to identifies who you are.

Wishon 919THI  11* S2S Black 65 S
    Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
    Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
    Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2  54* & 60*
    Wishon S2R #1 milled face putter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.