SC100 vs SC200 vs Mevo

ZacA215

Changing up the bag this fall/winter, and not really into spending the extra money for multiple trips to fitter/club with an actual Trackman. I would only use a personal monitor on the range, as I don't really have a suitable area inside. Wondering what the most recent opinions are, especially factoring in price. I don't have a huge budget, so cheaper (SC100) the better.

Only really interested in gapping my bag reliably, as I will have actual visuals on flight path and such. I know the Mevo is probably the best out of the three, but when considering my price range (Mevo is absolute highest and may be stretching it) would I be wise to dump any money into the other two? Or just wait and hope I get the Mevo for the holidays/birthday?

> @ZacA215 said:

> Changing up the bag this fall/winter, and not really into spending the extra money for multiple trips to fitter/club with an actual Trackman. I would only use a personal monitor on the range, as I don't really have a suitable area inside. Wondering what the most recent opinions are, especially factoring in price. I don't have a huge budget, so cheaper (SC100) the better.

>

> Only really interested in gapping my bag reliably, as I will have actual visuals on flight path and such. I know the Mevo is probably the best out of the three, but when considering my price range (Mevo is absolute highest and may be stretching it) would I be wise to dump any money into the other two? Or just wait and hope I get the Mevo for the holidays/birthday?

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/19118891/#Comment_19118891

Hey OP here is my longer post about it,

Here is my specific point to cost

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @whofan1970 said:

> > Nice insight. I am trying to determine if I should go for the SC200, or splurge and either get the SC300 or a Flightscope Mevo.

>

> Cost is everything.

>

> 1) if I had no budget, I would likely get the MEVO honestly. (Purely based on research and NOT live use I do not have one)

> 2) If budget was the case.... then here is my in between take;

> 2a) SC300 $550+ , The Mevo is $499..... Mevo cheaper.

> 2b) Measuring for measuring is your individual preference. They both have basically the same measuring function, what I like personally is the fact that its a radar that measure BOTH ball speed and swing speed to show more accurate Smash Factors, rather than the old GC2 that you would plug in a set smash factor and read only the ballspeed, to get an estimated swing speed.

> 2c) Camera feature is cool on the MEVO none on the SC300.... again basically the same just $50 cheaper, right now the mevo is on the cost winner

>

> SC200 & SC100 ok so issue purely is generation, they are older and older options but again depends on preference can serve its purpose.

>

> 1) I still love the Ball speed and swing speed radar to give an accurate smash.

> 2) I personally can somewhat see ball flight and spin effects on actual distance at the range so knowing it and see it could be equal anyways. The need for launch angle and spin is just a bonus, but at my ability I am more happy to have a consistent swing speed and smash before worrying about launch angles and spin which I again can see if I hit a bad one or not.

> 3) SET LOFTS/spin that calculate the total distances. in the SC100 & SC200 so its not the most "Accurate" in distance and has it splotchy moments. I assume the SC300 & Mevo are miles ahead in actual distance consistency, YET the SC100&200 are generally about 2-3% off of Trackman and GC2's from so its not a huge difference in regards to some "Dr.Google" research.

>

>

> Finally price, I had my SC100 for $140 used on ebay and still use it to this day.... saved me $160 ($300 total) for a new unit. and the used SC200 where going about $200 so still saved $60.

>

> I dont have the money to shell out for a $500 unit so I am VERY happy with what the $140 used SC100 does for me in regards to my swing and ball data.

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

If you're only planning to use it outdoors, doubt you'll want to invest time & money in silver dots to measure spin with Mevo.

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

Wouldn't the better comparison be Mevo vs. SC300? I personally prefer the accuracy of the SC300 on short shots versus the Mevo.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @GolfChannel said:

> Wouldn't the better comparison be Mevo vs. SC300? I personally prefer the accuracy of the SC300 on short shots versus the Mevo.

Would it be a better comparison feature wise? Sure. From what I have seen, the SC300 is even more expensive than the Mevo (although by a small margin) and the Mevo is the complete upper end of my budget for this, so feature wise it is, but cost wise the SC300 is not feasible.

You can find them for the same price refurbished with a warranty on Amazon or brave the Bay.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @soderwoell said:

> I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

> @ZacA215 said:

> > @soderwoell said:

> > I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

>

> Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

I have used MEVO since it came out, so nearly 3 years (?) - I have used it exclusively on the range, though I did use it indoors once when my local Golf Superstore asked me to set it up to compare to their GC2 setup (they were stunned by the accuracy which was within @ 5%!) - I have never used the dots & have found it's accuracy for club gapping etc to be spot on - I am a 5 hcp & my distance control is one of the strongest parts of my game (thanks to MEVO imho) - I also like to swap shafts around, especially in the driver - Again, MEVO is a great help in this respect - Hope that helps & good luck in your quest ... Paul

• Like 1

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

> @PaulBoy said:

> > @ZacA215 said:

> > > @soderwoell said:

> > > I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

> >

> > Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

>

> I have used MEVO since it came out, so nearly 3 years (?) - I have used it exclusively on the range, though I did use it indoors once when my local Golf Superstore asked me to set it up to compare to their GC2 setup (they were stunned by the accuracy which was within @ 5%!) - I have never used the dots & have found it's accuracy for club gapping etc to be spot on - I am a 5 hcp & my distance control is one of the strongest parts of my game (thanks to MEVO imho) - I also like to swap shafts around, especially in the driver - Again, MEVO is a great help in this respect - Hope that helps & good luck in your quest ... Paul

Thanks for the in depth on the Mevo. I still think it is going to top my wish list for upcoming holidays and birthday shortly after. Seems like the much superior product to the others from everything I have seen/read/ and now heard.

Just picked up a cheap SC100 on BST last night, so hopefully that helps in the meantime, since I just got some MP18 mb's to mess around with after not loving the PXG 0211's.

> @ZacA215 said:

> > @PaulBoy said:

> > > @ZacA215 said:

> > > > @soderwoell said:

> > > > I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

> > >

> > > Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

> >

> > I have used MEVO since it came out, so nearly 3 years (?) - I have used it exclusively on the range, though I did use it indoors once when my local Golf Superstore asked me to set it up to compare to their GC2 setup (they were stunned by the accuracy which was within @ 5%!) - I have never used the dots & have found it's accuracy for club gapping etc to be spot on - I am a 5 hcp & my distance control is one of the strongest parts of my game (thanks to MEVO imho) - I also like to swap shafts around, especially in the driver - Again, MEVO is a great help in this respect - Hope that helps & good luck in your quest ... Paul

>

> Thanks for the in depth on the Mevo. I still think it is going to top my wish list for upcoming holidays and birthday shortly after. Seems like the much superior product to the others from everything I have seen/read/ and now heard.

>

> Just picked up a cheap SC100 on BST last night, so hopefully that helps in the meantime, since I just got some MP18 mb's to mess around with after not loving the PXG 0211's.

Hey OP more side notes. If Gapping and distance is your focus with the SC100 I caution you. I LOVE my SC100 but its not for the distance function.

1) The SC100 has pre program distances based on the LOFT for each setting. So make sure you know your LOFT's in relation to your CLUBS. if you have a 45* PW, know that the SC100 PW is 47* thats 3 yards per loft so you can see almost a 6* distance discrepancy on the unit versus real life, on a PW shot, thats significant enough for me if I am aiming at a 120 yard flag and miss as much as 114 / 126 thats a significant gap issue

2) The SC100 has pre progam launch angles and spin for the selected club on the unit (you cannot change it). SO depending on you as the golfer you may launch the ball higher or lower, spin the ball more or less and the readings will not be the most accurate for you by (club selection) A simple fix of course is if you are aiming at the 150 flag, you have your 8iron, you select 8iron on the SC100 your ball goes to the 150 yard flag but the unit reads 135y, Switch the SC100 unit to read 7 iron and hit again, it should then read 150y or close. From there on forward you just need to select 1 club strong on the SC100

3) The biggest benefit I found with the SC100 is measure ball speed and swing speed. this allows me to manage my quality of strikes. If my swing speed and smash/ballspeed remain consistent, I know that I am striking the ball well. when its starts to vary I know something is off or wrong.

4) Range balls, used balls, gamer balls. When using the SC100 be careful as distance is GREATLY affected by the ball due to the ability to read both swing speed and ball speed.

4a) range limiting balls I see a 5% drop across the board distance fall off

4b) Used balls I see up to 5y drop off in distance

4c) Gamer ball.... its damn near accurate once you get your loft setting vs your club figured out.

4d) Warm up with the crappies balls in the bucket and stick the nice balls on the side, then use the SC100 with the better or best hand picked balls out of the basket, if you are a range limited ball location... then its a crap shoot and I would not but much on the numbers that pop up....

GL have fun I LOVE my SC100 and use it a lot still to this day, If I could afford a mevo I would buy it.... but 2 kids come first and if the girl wants a Barbie and the boy wants paw patrol they are getting it first..........

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @ZacA215 said:

> > > @PaulBoy said:

> > > > @ZacA215 said:

> > > > > @soderwoell said:

> > > > > I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

> > > >

> > > > Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

> > >

> > > I have used MEVO since it came out, so nearly 3 years (?) - I have used it exclusively on the range, though I did use it indoors once when my local Golf Superstore asked me to set it up to compare to their GC2 setup (they were stunned by the accuracy which was within @ 5%!) - I have never used the dots & have found it's accuracy for club gapping etc to be spot on - I am a 5 hcp & my distance control is one of the strongest parts of my game (thanks to MEVO imho) - I also like to swap shafts around, especially in the driver - Again, MEVO is a great help in this respect - Hope that helps & good luck in your quest ... Paul

> >

> > Thanks for the in depth on the Mevo. I still think it is going to top my wish list for upcoming holidays and birthday shortly after. Seems like the much superior product to the others from everything I have seen/read/ and now heard.

> >

> > Just picked up a cheap SC100 on BST last night, so hopefully that helps in the meantime, since I just got some MP18 mb's to mess around with after not loving the PXG 0211's.

>

> Hey OP more side notes. If Gapping and distance is your focus with the SC100 I caution you. I LOVE my SC100 but its not for the distance function.

>

> 1) The SC100 has pre program distances based on the LOFT for each setting. So make sure you know your LOFT's in relation to your CLUBS. if you have a 45* PW, know that the SC100 PW is 47* thats 3 yards per loft so you can see almost a 6* distance discrepancy on the unit versus real life, on a PW shot, thats significant enough for me if I am aiming at a 120 yard flag and miss as much as 114 / 126 thats a significant gap issue

>

> 2) The SC100 has pre progam launch angles and spin for the selected club on the unit (you cannot change it). SO depending on you as the golfer you may launch the ball higher or lower, spin the ball more or less and the readings will not be the most accurate for you by (club selection) A simple fix of course is if you are aiming at the 150 flag, you have your 8iron, you select 8iron on the SC100 your ball goes to the 150 yard flag but the unit reads 135y, Switch the SC100 unit to read 7 iron and hit again, it should then read 150y or close. From there on forward you just need to select 1 club strong on the SC100

>

> 3) The biggest benefit I found with the SC100 is measure ball speed and swing speed. this allows me to manage my quality of strikes. If my swing speed and smash/ballspeed remain consistent, I know that I am striking the ball well. when its starts to vary I know something is off or wrong.

>

> 4) Range balls, used balls, gamer balls. When using the SC100 be careful as distance is GREATLY affected by the ball due to the ability to read both swing speed and ball speed.

> 4a) range limiting balls I see a 5% drop across the board distance fall off

> 4b) Used balls I see up to 5y drop off in distance

> 4c) Gamer ball.... its **** near accurate once you get your loft setting vs your club figured out.

> 4d) Warm up with the crappies balls in the bucket and stick the nice balls on the side, then use the SC100 with the better or best hand picked balls out of the basket, if you are a range limited ball location... then its a crap shoot and I would not but much on the numbers that pop up....

>

>

> GL have fun I LOVE my SC100 and use it a lot still to this day, If I could afford a mevo I would buy it.... but 2 kids come first and if the girl wants a Barbie and the boy wants paw patrol they are getting it first..........

Thank you, again, for such in depth knowledge on this. I will see what I can do on those range balls, but most places in my area have flight limited balls, so I’ll just see what comes of it. I, too, have a kid running around (5 yo boy) and know the feeling of them getting their stuff first. My real reason for being limited on what I can actually afford to get.

Luckily, these MP18 MB’s I got are rather traditional lofts, so should only be off by 1* max, if any.

> @ZacA215 said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > > @ZacA215 said:

> > > > @PaulBoy said:

> > > > > @ZacA215 said:

> > > > > > @soderwoell said:

> > > > > > I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

> > > > >

> > > > > Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > I have used MEVO since it came out, so nearly 3 years (?) - I have used it exclusively on the range, though I did use it indoors once when my local Golf Superstore asked me to set it up to compare to their GC2 setup (they were stunned by the accuracy which was within @ 5%!) - I have never used the dots & have found it's accuracy for club gapping etc to be spot on - I am a 5 hcp & my distance control is one of the strongest parts of my game (thanks to MEVO imho) - I also like to swap shafts around, especially in the driver - Again, MEVO is a great help in this respect - Hope that helps & good luck in your quest ... Paul

> > >

> > > Thanks for the in depth on the Mevo. I still think it is going to top my wish list for upcoming holidays and birthday shortly after. Seems like the much superior product to the others from everything I have seen/read/ and now heard.

> > >

> > > Just picked up a cheap SC100 on BST last night, so hopefully that helps in the meantime, since I just got some MP18 mb's to mess around with after not loving the PXG 0211's.

> >

> > Hey OP more side notes. If Gapping and distance is your focus with the SC100 I caution you. I LOVE my SC100 but its not for the distance function.

> >

> > 1) The SC100 has pre program distances based on the LOFT for each setting. So make sure you know your LOFT's in relation to your CLUBS. if you have a 45* PW, know that the SC100 PW is 47* thats 3 yards per loft so you can see almost a 6* distance discrepancy on the unit versus real life, on a PW shot, thats significant enough for me if I am aiming at a 120 yard flag and miss as much as 114 / 126 thats a significant gap issue

> >

> > 2) The SC100 has pre progam launch angles and spin for the selected club on the unit (you cannot change it). SO depending on you as the golfer you may launch the ball higher or lower, spin the ball more or less and the readings will not be the most accurate for you by (club selection) A simple fix of course is if you are aiming at the 150 flag, you have your 8iron, you select 8iron on the SC100 your ball goes to the 150 yard flag but the unit reads 135y, Switch the SC100 unit to read 7 iron and hit again, it should then read 150y or close. From there on forward you just need to select 1 club strong on the SC100

> >

> > 3) The biggest benefit I found with the SC100 is measure ball speed and swing speed. this allows me to manage my quality of strikes. If my swing speed and smash/ballspeed remain consistent, I know that I am striking the ball well. when its starts to vary I know something is off or wrong.

> >

> > 4) Range balls, used balls, gamer balls. When using the SC100 be careful as distance is GREATLY affected by the ball due to the ability to read both swing speed and ball speed.

> > 4a) range limiting balls I see a 5% drop across the board distance fall off

> > 4b) Used balls I see up to 5y drop off in distance

> > 4c) Gamer ball.... its **** near accurate once you get your loft setting vs your club figured out.

> > 4d) Warm up with the crappies balls in the bucket and stick the nice balls on the side, then use the SC100 with the better or best hand picked balls out of the basket, if you are a range limited ball location... then its a crap shoot and I would not but much on the numbers that pop up....

> >

> >

> > GL have fun I LOVE my SC100 and use it a lot still to this day, If I could afford a mevo I would buy it.... but 2 kids come first and if the girl wants a Barbie and the boy wants paw patrol they are getting it first..........

>

> Thank you, again, for such in depth knowledge on this. I will see what I can do on those range balls, but most places in my area have flight limited balls, so I’ll just see what comes of it. I, too, have a kid running around (5 yo boy) and know the feeling of them getting their stuff first. My real reason for being limited on what I can actually afford to get.

>

> Luckily, these MP18 MB’s I got are rather traditional lofts, so should only be off by 1* max, if any.

YIKES! those range balls may jam you up.....

Another side suggestion as I have done it,

I leave the SC100 in my bag. ON REALLY slows days at the course, OR I used to sneak on the course before the sun goes down when the Pro shot is closed, I paced/laserd out 100y-150y with a handful gamer balls and my SC100 and hit shots into the green to see the accuracy.

Anyways leaving it the bag and on driving holes, set it up and hit shots during live rounds to just see and the effects on my gamer ball. I mean I have to laser the shot anyways to the green? So I know the lasered distance, I then pick the club I think I need. setup the SC100, Hit and see the results if the shot is good and the SC100 matches up then that should be a solid indicator. But if the swing was bad I rinse and repeat. If the swing is good but the numbers are bad then I select a different club on the SC100 rinse and repeat.

just wont trust the numbers with limited flight the ball speeds reduction really really messes with the numbers.

Finally how I figured out the differences?

I keep my phone up with the (L)PGA trackman numbers. I reference the smash factors meaning if I am hitting my PW

stats say, PGA- PW - 102 ball speed, 1.23 smash, 83 mph swing speed.

I have a swing speed of say 79mph with a 1.23 smash I should see ball speeds of 97mph, = 124y thats with a live gamer balls, but with range limiting I would see ball speeds of 93mph, with a distance of 118y (5%) decrease in distance. This was figured out of the course of years as I think I have had my SC100 for about 4y now.

So just be careful with those range balls it can mess you up. Your Swing speed will likely be true most of the time, its the ball speeds that can be suspect!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @ZacA215 said:

> > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > @ZacA215 said:

> > > > > @PaulBoy said:

> > > > > > @ZacA215 said:

> > > > > > > @soderwoell said:

> > > > > > > I've used the Mevo, and it really stands out IFF you are hitting into a net and can use the dots to get spin and flight. If you're hitting on a range, then I would think the SC300 is the better bet.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guess I will look into the cheaper SC100 and SC200 then. If Mevo isn't great for the range, I would rather save than spend the extra I don't really have for the SC300.. Thanks!

> > > > >

> > > > > I have used MEVO since it came out, so nearly 3 years (?) - I have used it exclusively on the range, though I did use it indoors once when my local Golf Superstore asked me to set it up to compare to their GC2 setup (they were stunned by the accuracy which was within @ 5%!) - I have never used the dots & have found it's accuracy for club gapping etc to be spot on - I am a 5 hcp & my distance control is one of the strongest parts of my game (thanks to MEVO imho) - I also like to swap shafts around, especially in the driver - Again, MEVO is a great help in this respect - Hope that helps & good luck in your quest ... Paul

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the in depth on the Mevo. I still think it is going to top my wish list for upcoming holidays and birthday shortly after. Seems like the much superior product to the others from everything I have seen/read/ and now heard.

> > > >

> > > > Just picked up a cheap SC100 on BST last night, so hopefully that helps in the meantime, since I just got some MP18 mb's to mess around with after not loving the PXG 0211's.

> > >

> > > Hey OP more side notes. If Gapping and distance is your focus with the SC100 I caution you. I LOVE my SC100 but its not for the distance function.

> > >

> > > 1) The SC100 has pre program distances based on the LOFT for each setting. So make sure you know your LOFT's in relation to your CLUBS. if you have a 45* PW, know that the SC100 PW is 47* thats 3 yards per loft so you can see almost a 6* distance discrepancy on the unit versus real life, on a PW shot, thats significant enough for me if I am aiming at a 120 yard flag and miss as much as 114 / 126 thats a significant gap issue

> > >

> > > 2) The SC100 has pre progam launch angles and spin for the selected club on the unit (you cannot change it). SO depending on you as the golfer you may launch the ball higher or lower, spin the ball more or less and the readings will not be the most accurate for you by (club selection) A simple fix of course is if you are aiming at the 150 flag, you have your 8iron, you select 8iron on the SC100 your ball goes to the 150 yard flag but the unit reads 135y, Switch the SC100 unit to read 7 iron and hit again, it should then read 150y or close. From there on forward you just need to select 1 club strong on the SC100

> > >

> > > 3) The biggest benefit I found with the SC100 is measure ball speed and swing speed. this allows me to manage my quality of strikes. If my swing speed and smash/ballspeed remain consistent, I know that I am striking the ball well. when its starts to vary I know something is off or wrong.

> > >

> > > 4) Range balls, used balls, gamer balls. When using the SC100 be careful as distance is GREATLY affected by the ball due to the ability to read both swing speed and ball speed.

> > > 4a) range limiting balls I see a 5% drop across the board distance fall off

> > > 4b) Used balls I see up to 5y drop off in distance

> > > 4c) Gamer ball.... its **** near accurate once you get your loft setting vs your club figured out.

> > > 4d) Warm up with the crappies balls in the bucket and stick the nice balls on the side, then use the SC100 with the better or best hand picked balls out of the basket, if you are a range limited ball location... then its a crap shoot and I would not but much on the numbers that pop up....

> > >

> > >

> > > GL have fun I LOVE my SC100 and use it a lot still to this day, If I could afford a mevo I would buy it.... but 2 kids come first and if the girl wants a Barbie and the boy wants paw patrol they are getting it first..........

> >

> > Thank you, again, for such in depth knowledge on this. I will see what I can do on those range balls, but most places in my area have flight limited balls, so I’ll just see what comes of it. I, too, have a kid running around (5 yo boy) and know the feeling of them getting their stuff first. My real reason for being limited on what I can actually afford to get.

> >

> > Luckily, these MP18 MB’s I got are rather traditional lofts, so should only be off by 1* max, if any.

>

> YIKES! those range balls may jam you up.....

>

> Another side suggestion as I have done it,

>

> I leave the SC100 in my bag. ON REALLY slows days at the course, OR I used to sneak on the course before the sun goes down when the Pro shot is closed, I paced/laserd out 100y-150y with a handful gamer balls and my SC100 and hit shots into the green to see the accuracy.

>

> Anyways leaving it the bag and on driving holes, set it up and hit shots during live rounds to just see and the effects on my gamer ball. I mean I have to laser the shot anyways to the green? So I know the lasered distance, I then pick the club I think I need. setup the SC100, Hit and see the results if the shot is good and the SC100 matches up then that should be a solid indicator. But if the swing was bad I rinse and repeat. If the swing is good but the numbers are bad then I select a different club on the SC100 rinse and repeat.

>

> just wont trust the numbers with limited flight the ball speeds reduction really really messes with the numbers.

>

>

> Finally how I figured out the differences?

>

> I keep my phone up with the (L)PGA trackman numbers. I reference the smash factors meaning if I am hitting my PW

>

> stats say, PGA- PW - 102 ball speed, 1.23 smash, 83 mph swing speed.

>

> I have a swing speed of say 79mph with a 1.23 smash I should see ball speeds of 97mph, = 124y thats with a live gamer balls, but with range limiting I would see ball speeds of 93mph, with a distance of 118y (5%) decrease in distance. This was figured out of the course of years as I think I have had my SC100 for about 4y now.

>

>

> So just be careful with those range balls it can mess you up. Your Swing speed will likely be true most of the time, its the ball speeds that can be suspect!

>

>

>

>

>

I have been cautioned that it can be around that 5% difference in ball speed due to range balls. Saw it a few places doing my research, so I figure I will spend the money for some balls that were played once or twice previously to use for this specific purpose of figuring out the difference for myself. Figure the investment of some recycled balls would be worth it to make sure my new distances and gapping were good to go.

You're the second person I have heard from about bringing it onto the course, I think that will be one of my main uses of it on slow days or afternoon/twilight rounds when there's no one behind me.

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped on an SC100 i saw on ebay for cheap. I tested it against the 100-yard target at my local range and my GW which i usually hit about 107 on average and it was relatively close. I'll probably keep it in my bag, too for use on the course. I may have to wrap it in orange tape though to make sure I don't forget it on the tee box

Sounds like OP has gotten most of the input he wanted but I figured I'd chime in since I happen to be a bit of a launch monitor addict and have owned the Swing Speed Radar, the SC200, the Mevo, and the (fairly new) Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor. I have also used Trackmans, GC2s, and Toptracer systems at clubs and ranges. Here are my thoughts on each of the personal launch monitors mentioned before and my recommendation at the bottom.

**Swing Speed Radar**

+ cheap

+ good for measuring swing speed without a ball

+ great battery life (I've had it for 2 years and still haven't had to change the batteries)

- only measures swing speed (no ball speed, carry, smash, anything...)

- swing speed is unreliable when hitting a ball

**Swing Caddie SC100/200**

+ Affordable

+ Reliable ball speed and carry distance

- no more advanced data (spin, direction, launch angle, etc.)

- no ability to record your swing

- battery is ok but not great

- no mobile app or ability to review your data post practice

**Mevo**

+ Ball speed and carry distance is excellent. I compared these against Trackman and they were virtually identical, usually within a yard or two on carry.

+ Spin is ok. It's not super reliable but in many cases I found it to be within a few hundred RPMs of much more expensive monitors. I wouldn't trust it to be very exact but it's good enough to be an indicator of whether a shot had abnormally high or low spin.

+ Works well both outdoors and indoors, as well as in low light conditions (I hit on a range at night often so this has been huge)

+ Has a good mobile app and online interface that makes it very easy to store and review your data. This is very helpful for gapping since you can see averages by club over an entire session as opposed to just trying to remember roughly how far you hit each club by averaging shots in your head

+ Syncs with your phone so you can easily record video of your swing from any angle and then match the data to it. This is helpful for identifying what you're doing with your swing when you hit a ball well and what you're doing when you don't. Can share this with a coach as well if you want, which is great.

+ Really small and durable. I know all these monitors are pretty small, but Mevo is by far the smallest and it's a tank. I just leave it in my bag and take it everywhere I golf, except for when I take it out to charge.

+ Charges via USB so even though battery isn't great (can lasta few range sessions without a recharge), it's as easy to recharge as your cell phone and you don't need to replace batteries ever.

+ Can be updated and improved via software updates. In other words, it will presumably get better as Flightscope rolls out better algorithms and features in the future.

- Club speed (at least at high swing speeds) seems unreliable. This is ok if you are aware of it and just focus on ball speed/carry, but you may see inaccurate smash factors because of the miscalculated swing speeds, which might make you think you're not hitting hte ball as well as you are at times. For example, there are numerous times where Trackman will have my smash at 1.5 but the same shot on Mevo shows as 1.41 because it's calculating a faster swing speed than I really have. If I didn't know the swing speed number was off, I might think I'm not actually hitting the center of the face even though it feels perfect. Hopefully this is something Mevo corrects in a future update.

- No directional data

- No shot mapping or tracking

- No games or challenges to play (I assume because it doesn't have directional data)

**Rapsodo MLM**

+ Accurate with ball speed, carry distance, swing speed, and smash

+ Very easy and cool video integration with shot tracing

+ Directional feedback and shot mapping

+ Good mobile app to review sessions and averages

+ Can play games on it like closest to the pin

+ Stores your videos in the cloud vs on your device so doesn't take up memory if you're doing video

+ Small and easy to set up. Not as small as the Mevo, and doesn't feel as durable, but it's good enough that I don't have concerns about either of those things.

+ Very easy and fast to set up (after calibrating when you first receive it - which is a pain in the butt)

- Can not use indoors

- Does not work well in low light conditions (works very well in sunlight but under driving range lights at night it's effectively useless)

- Shot tracing is cool and roughly accurate but it's not always the most accurate (it just guesses based on how the ball is moving in the first bit of travel). More of a gimmick for easily making fun shareable video clips with ball tracer on them than really knowing exactly what happened to your shot. Still helpful for getting a general idea of direction and shot shape though, even if not completely accurate.

- While it collects a lot of data that you can review after your session, you are somewhat limited in choosing what data you want to display while hitting (when recording video it's set to only display carry distance, ball speed, and launch angle).

- Your phone must be on the device, positioned directly behind you, for it to work. This means you can't record yourself from other angles while the device captures your data. This makes it hard to review video of your swing from front on or from the side if you want to do that while also capturing data.

Ultimately, if picking one for myself, it would be tough between the Mevo and the Rapsodo. For $500 they are both great at the basics (ball speed and carry distance) but then excel at different things beyond that. Mevo to me feels built more around providing the greatest volume of accurate data for people who are purely focused on analyzing their performance, whereas the Rapsodo feels as though it's built around providing basic data while making it easy to have fun (make shot tracer videos to share online or play cheap versions of closest to the pin, etc.). Both are awesome and I'm sure you'd enjoy either, for me though, the versatility of the Mevo to be able to use it anywhere and in any conditions and always get reliable data that is then stored in the cloud and easy to review when/where I want has been enough to make it my pick. It's really nice to be able to look back at the data from thousands of shots and see my real averages with each club, as well as improvement over time.

Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting down the road.

If you have questions about any of these, feel free to DM me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great info here -- thanks for sharing.

Have you had any experience with the SC300? I am really down to either the Mevo, Rapsodo, or SC300 and cannot decide.

100% would be used outside as I dont have an indoor set up90% of what I would use it for is wedge gapping and yardage -- sure I'll hit the other clubs on it but I really want something that is accurate from 130yds and in (or at least as accurate as possible -- I fully understand you get what you pay for and at this price range vs something that is $20k or more it is not going to be perfect)Video of the swing is not a deal breaker for me - I rarely video my swing ever so I dont really need something to do that for me

I've looked on YouTube for reviews but a lot of them either are indoors, or just compare two of these against eachother with no Trackman data to verify accuracy.

Thanks for any input!

I have not used the SC300 so can't speak to that one. I did have an SC200 and it was pretty accurate for swing speed and carry distances (yet still not as accurate as the Mevo). For what you're talking about using it for, I'd personally recommend the Mevo. It gives you the data you want, is super small, portable, and easy to set up, and is very accurate for what you're talking about IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick thread revive here:@longdrivenate et al. - I have a SkyTrak that has everything I want other than measured swing speed at home (but is also a bit ridiculous to bring to the range and doesn't really work that well in high-light environments). Which option is best simply for measuring DRIVER club head speed, and ball speed?

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

• 3 weeks later...

I am working with super Speedsticks, will the SC100 give me swing speed without hitting a ball? One of the radar devices is almost the same price as getting a used sc100 and I figured the sc100 would be more useful in the long run.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Unfortunately it will NOT, The SC100 to register needs to see both the club and the ball to calculate the data.

The Ernest swing speed radar captures the swing speed so if you are looking for JUST the club speed thats the tool. The SC100 again needs both =( Sorry!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work but just wanted to make sure. I did find an SC100 locally for a great price, so I went ahead and picked it up. It will be more useful in the long run than just a speed radar.

I did see they have an sc200 that can just measure swing speed without a ball, but a little out of my price range :-(

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

HMM I was not aware that any of the Voice Caddie options could run without both the ball and the club?

My SC100 is a must when I got to the range, ONE major suggestion fork on the money to buy Lithium AA batteries, OR make sure you remove the batteries every-time you are not using it, if you leave it in and the battery leaks its a pain to clean up!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Swing Caddie SC200 PLUS$349.99

Portable Launch MonitorSwing Speed Mode NEWYou can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ballLoft Angle SelectableVoice Distance OutputBarometric Pressure CalibrationCarry Distance, Swing Speed, Ball Speed, Smash FactorMeasuring Range: 30-320 YdsBattery Type: AAA x 4Color: GrayPackage Content: SC200 Plus, RemoteDescriptionA truly portable and affordable launch monitor designed to provide golfers with complete swing and ball flight metrics found in professional launch monitors. By popular demand, we have kept all of the features from Swing Caddie SC200 and added an additional Practice Swing Mode. This new Practice Swing Mode allows golfers to get their swing speed numbers without hitting a ball. Golfers now have the ability to work on improving their clubhead speed even if they don’t have access to a driving range or hitting net. Using the latest in Doppler Radar Technology, and calibrating atmospheric pressure sensors, the SC200 Plus provides uncompromised precision. Integrating voice output of distance, the SC200 Plus provides the highest levels of user convenience.

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

• 2 weeks later...