2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

I’m with Chris. I had an original DF. Liked it but couldn’t stand how tough it was to get it to the hole. Full shoulder turn on an 8 footer.

Got a 2.1T and I’m not looking back. It’s so easy to make putts that I have no desire to use anything else. I’ve tried even in my basement and the comfort over a putt with the LAB is just priceless.

A missed putt is one of two things now: speed, or read. That’s it. There are no bad strokes.

Show up to the course, figure out the speed for the day, make a boatload of putts. That’s it.

Dropped my handicap 3 strokes since getting mine.

• Like 2

Hopefully picking up a 2.1 on Tuesday. It'll be up against the evnroll ER5 that I bag and also an armlock stroke lab big 7.

Every time I've rolled one over really liked it, just found distance control the hardest to dial in. The stroke feels extremely natural. We'll see how it works on the bumpy spring muni greens.

I have been using the DF mallet going on 3 years now. Must be the early model as it is not marked 2.1. Putting with it is great and I am now interested in the Blad model. I was interested in the Blad 1 as it is slightly larger and heavier than the Blad 2 but found out it is discontinued. Guess I will try to find a used one with my specs.

Has anyone ordered the Blad with the groove option? Wonder how different the feel and performance would be.

GOLF CLUB TRADERS

Message Scott Aughtry from the Golf Club Traders facebook group. He may be able to help you out. I was able to get a Blad 1s in my exact specs because they randomly had one around the warehouse

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

I just (literally) bought a 2nd hand 2.0 this morning about 30 mins before comp tee off and put it straight into the bag. Note I live in Australia so it's not easy to find.

My golf has been average of late, with only my putting keeping me near my handicap (9). Im a tinkerer - you know how bad of a club ho you are when you look to replace literally the best performing club in your bag and the only one that is keeping your scores semi respectable hehe

I am moving from an Envroll Er9 (its a super mallet with 10k MOI, its a massive block of aluminium - i really like it) - i felt like i putt pretty well with this, particularly short putts. All in all very happy with it for a year or so. I also really believe in their face technology, anecdotally from my experience it really does work. But i always get itchy to try other things.

Didnt expect the DF to do that well straight off the bat...but man...after this 1st round w no practice i think its 100% the real deal. I ended with 29 putts, sunk some amazing long putts, distance control was fantastic and anything around 2m or less (6-7 feet) felt like a gimmie.

I just had to get my stance comfortable - once I did it felt so easy to just put a good stroke on it and the ball went wherever i had aimed.

My playing partners were giving me stick beforehand "what is that monstrosity"... "how can u use that putter when you havent practiced with it"... by the end of the round they were saying "im genuinely curious about this putter and technology behind it", it really was that good...

Obv will report back once ive got more rounds under the belt, but my summary is once i felt comfortable with my setup, it was so easy to just roll on the line i had chosen, and control distance.

Two things to note: im not bothered by looks and find the df totally fine at address, dare I say I quite like it, but some will find it hard to get over. Second I found the sound/feel off the face to be very very muted compared to the evnroll, you'd almost say "dead". Id say the feel off the face is my least favourite part of the putter.

But if the putting with the DF follows this first round, there are going to be some exciting times on the greens ...i can't wait to get back out there.

I have a fairly strong, but nothing like Phil Mickelson 2010 ish, forward press, and I put on my favorite Superstroke Flatso 1.0 and it feels great. Anyone else feel the same?

Cant decide if the press grip is necessary, I ordered one, but I can’t decide.

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

I got my Blad 1.s today and while I'm at the office and can't hit putts with it...the head feels really really heavy to me. I used to have the original DF and that putter seemed way lighter in comparison.

I'll get some putts on my putting green inside tonight to give some more thoughts

Wish I would have been more up to date on that information. Probably my fault for not reading the entire thread. Is there such thing as a trade up program?

I was told changing the grip weight would throw off the balance of the putter. Is that not true? Generally I do not enjoy counterbalancing because it makes the total weight very heavy and that's something I still feel.

Got my putter in a few days ago and have hit the practice green twice with it. Absolutely love the confidence it gives me on those 6 foot and in putts. I have never had it before. Now it’s just getting into a routine where I trust the line and set up square like it’s supposed to be. A few putts were dead pulls but that’s because my face and pointed that way. Only thing I have noticed was that, because of the head size and weight, short, delicate down hill putts are difficult to finesse. But I’ll take the rest of the results if that’s the only thing I’m seeing wrong with it.

On a side note, I’ve never had a putter hit the ball so pure to where it starts rolling smooth and true immediately after striking the face. I honestly can’t believe how soft it feels for it being a large milled piece of aluminum.

• Like 1

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I got to play on Tuesday on pretty fast greens with lots of tiers. Trying to get over tiers when I miss the wrong level has been my problem so far with this putter but with each round it had gotten increasing better and better. Had a terrible back 9 holes as my back flared up and I was missing lots of greens in reg. One putted 5 of the last 9 and made par on the other 4 with long 2 putts. The 17th was about 50-60 feet up to a 2nd tier that was about 2-3 feet up and then had to make a 8-10 footer for par. Love this putter. Just wish I would have gotten one with the 3 site lines. Have gotten used to the size and it doesn’t bother me anymore.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

First official round in the books with this bad boy. Goodbye Odyssey. ‘Twas nice knowing you.

Played a city course which is one of the tougher courses in town. Pure desert golf. Lots of slope on the greens. Shot a dismal 81 (par 72) and that was after going +1 on the front 9. But the putter performed beautifully. I only had one 3 putt the whole round (considering I had 6 the last time I played) and the only reason for that was because I rushed a comeback bogey putt and lipped it (too much pace). Overall I seriously could not be more excited with this putter. If it were any drier out here in Tucson, I could have caught the course on fire with how many burnt edges I had for birdie, and anything within about 3-5 feet (my normal kryptonite range) was pretty much automatic.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

You might have to do a couple of passes with the hook blade then use a regular box cutter blade to get it through the rest. I had a Fat Cat grip on an old putter and that’s how my club guy had to get it off.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

The "T" in the 2.1T stands for Tungsten weighting, which has improved the feel. Check with them, but I believe if you send your 2.0 back to L.A.B Golf in Reno, NV, for $100 they can re-shaft and re-weight it (using tungsten), which also includes a new grip. Also send in a remote fitting video to confirm your lie angle is correct. If not, they can adjust it by one degree (either up or down) while doing the re-shaft. Sam (CEO of L.A.B. Golf) is great about monitoring the posts here, so he'll be able to give you the straight scoop if that is possible on your DF 2.0.

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

I am wondering if L.A.B. Golf offers on-site fitting in Reno. It would be easier to try different grips, etc. I went to Cool Clubs and offered me a fitting but lack of line sights or varies of grips before ordering DF however, I want to try the blade too.

Anyone from Phoenix area, I would love to try the putters on the grass instead of turf. Lmk!

13.5 BRNR | 18* G430 5W | 22* G430 4H
P7TW 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

My local grass roots shop just got FOUR 2.1's with various alignment aids in for testing along with the demo. The head club builder really likes this putter so I think it's really starting to catch on with guys. It's now in both the area's PGA Tour Superstore, too.

Anybody get the new stability shaft tour in theirs?

When I get the extra cash I'm springing for the blad. I love the profile and the no nonsense look --- coming from a seemore I really think the blad might be the putter for me. As a tester of the 2.1I feel like the putter is absolute money but I forget to take some of the break out. This will only improve with more practice. I've gravitated more and more towards a minimalist look so hopefully I can make this a reality soon.

The 2.1 has saved me 3-4 strokes on average per round which if I'm looking at my low rounds that would have been the difference between shooting 80 or breaking 80 for the first time. Immediately I began to see the benefits of LAB. One of the most apparent changes was with my setup. This putter put me over the line and has really helped me get better at reading greens... which is weird since I have to remember to take break out. I have employed this setup with other putters and have concluded that the 2.1 has made me a better putter overall. Getting over the line and seeing where I'm aiming the ball has been a huge issue for me (mental issue) and this putter seems to force me to get in the right position.

Lag putts are really no different than anything else for me. I try to putt it to a 5 foot target depending on the complexity of the break. Usually I can clean the short ones up with any style of putter. The sound off the 2.1 is satisfying and it gives plenty of feedback. Mishits stay on line with minimal distance loss. I am usually a skeptic, but I would have to say everything on the LAB Golf website is true.

As for the shaft, I felt like the stock option was enough for this putter as the head is primarily doing the work. I would have liked to paid for a BGT, but I'm not sure I would have seen the benefits in this club.

Anyone happen to have a coupon code they might want to share/sell? I see you can input one when checking out but I don't know that I've seen any floating around the internet.

Have a DF2.1 in my cart and I'm debating pulling the trigger

Edited by osubuckeyes691

IMO you need a fitting to tell. When I got fit for another putter, we tried the OG stability shaft and it didn't change my face angle at impact really, but it did make my path more in to out because of the heavier overall weight. Wasnt something I wound have thought would happen. This was also on a 355g head... RENO head is heavier so it could change things totally.