2020 Masters tickets

John K.

Thanks!!!

Vivid seats was another 3rd party company I looked at. Do you remember what time you were able to pick up the tickets in the morning? Kind of stinks about the 45 minute deadline after play... How far was the meetup location from the course?

I have Stubhub and PrimeSports calling me with details on Monday, then I'll look at SeatGeek and Vivid. Currently, I'm looking at around 3 grand for the ticket on Thursday. I'm not sure if its best to just buy now or take the chance and wait until it gets closer.

I believe they were ready for pick up from 7am, which was fine as we just got up left the hotel, picked up the tickets there, then continued walking down towards the course. It's right across the road at the corner of the property so not far away at all. We just dropped them back then made our way back down to hooters, which is a spectacle in itself that week.

I hated having to use the 3rd party guys, but my dad is getting older and wanted to get this done while he was still able to walk around the course for the whole weekend. Getting to experience it with him was priceless. Now I am back to the normal scheduled programming of getting the rejection email from ANGC every year. Hopefully I'll get pulled out some year!

Titleist TSR3 10 Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65 X
Titleist TSR3 16.5 Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 75 X
Titleist TS3 19 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0
Titleist 620 MB 4-9 6.0 Project X
Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 6.0 Project X
Scotty Cameron Circle T Circa 62 #3 34"

I am thinking of paying the huge price to go to the masters this year through Stubhub. I would like to go for two days and wonder if sharing tickets over a two day period would work. For instance: I buy a Thursday only ticket and someone else I am sharing with buys a Friday only ticket. I go in for the first half of the day on Thursday, then give my ticket or badge to the other person and spend the afternoon in town someplace. Then on Friday we repeat. He goes in for the morning and then gives me the ticket or badge for the afternoon. Would this work and is anyone out there interested in sharing. If so, how would we get in contact?

• 1 month later...

Well a nice surprise showed up in the mail today:

SAA5J70XSP9I.jpegJust out of curiosity I went on eBay to see what they were going for. $3500!!! Holy cow.

KB8ZJBYX7C9A.jpegNot even thinking of selling since this is a bucket list thing and we are also going to Pinehurst after the Masters to knock another bucket item off the list.

just crazy what the demand is for Masters tickets. And this is for a practice round.

very excited to go and see the par 3 tournament too!

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

I did not read the fine print. Just made sure the tickets were for the right day :) and then went to sleep with happy dreams.

We don't plan to go in/out so not really a care or concern for our group. I know there are no cell phone allowed which makes getting separated and finding each other again more difficult. And no running.

I'll try to remember to read all the details to see if you can go in/out. I don't see why they would allow this. Too much opportunity to share tickets and I would guess that the Masters does not want that.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

I still think sneaking in is better. Can't be impossible.

And if you get caught, probably less trouble than getting caught scalping or defrauding.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

In my circle of family and friends, 4 of us have now "won the lottery" so to speak since 2012. All practice rounds (various days), no tournament days.

Family size is around 20 golfers, friends is probably around 30, all golfers at my club, and that is just the group I talk to. Other people at my club may have won tix but I don't know about it. I think we all started doing it around 2006-08 timeframe. Small sample size but if you figure 50 entries for 15 years, that is 750 entries and 4 "wins". That is a 0.5% win rate. Certainly higher than zero, but basically a 1 out of 200 win rate.

Phoenix Open has the most attendance 200,000 per day, cut it in half for the Masters practice rounds for the sake of argument, so 100K tickets per day for 3 days (Mon-Weds), so 300K tickets overall and they sell them up to 4 at a time (and assume that everyone applies for 4, so 75K sets of tickets to sell. The total number of golfers in the US is 24M with 9M avid golfers (stats I found from NGF). I doubt every golfer applies for a ticket so lets go with 9M applicants, and this is probably still high because kids living in the same household as their parent who golfs can't apply for a ticket per the rules, and even among avid golfers I would say a significant percentage don't apply.

So with 75K sets of tickets and 9M applicants, the odds of getting tickets are 0.8%, much higher than my observed 0.5% success rate.

And if you take the full 24M golfers applying (no chance of this), the likelihood rate is still 0.3125% , which means one out of every 320 attempts succeeds. So you could go 300+ years before winning the Masters lottery. Yeah, that sucks. And I consider myself very fortunate...

Old stuff:

New stuff
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

I am the only one with tickets who is worried that their #1 bucket list trip of a lifetime is going to be affected by some kind of virus-related travel restrictions?

Seriously, armed guards will have to gun me down at the airport if I'm told I can't travel to Augusta in April. I see no reason to live if I'm not on my plane come April 6th.

I haven't worried one second about the actual virus, but in the back of my mind I can't help but to imagine a worst case scenario of the Masters being affected somewhat. Just close off North America right now so we're good to go in just over a month!!!

Worth it for $50 and a few hours on the course, instead of the $700 MON and $1,400 WED low prices right now. And a chance they don't close the course

About 7 years ago they closed the course at 10am on MON; got 2 hours in and Augusta sent us an e-mail by noon stating we'd get our money back and guaranteed tickets for the next year

I live in Georgia and can tell you that the news outlets are already starting to discuss how this could affect attendance. Augusta National for the Masters is a melting pot of people from all over the world. If the international markets aren’t allowed to fly into the US, a lot of tickets are going to be hitting the market. But I can’t imagine domestic restrictions. Of course, I also didn’t imagine a 10% drop in my 401k in just a three day span.

Did everyone get the email from ANGC about monitoring the virus situation...I’m starting to think they may actually cancel this thing...or at least go without fans.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

Update, today wednesday from ANGC

Augusta National Golf Club issued a statement on Wednesday afternoon regarding its preparation for the 2020 Masters in the face of growing concerns of the coronavirus.

With the tournament five weeks away, Augusta National chairman Fred Ridley reassured fans that the Masters, along with the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, will proceed as scheduled. The decision comes after consultation from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Georgia Department of Public Health and local authorities.

"The safety, health and well-being of everyone is our top priority at Augusta National Golf Club," Ridley said in a statement. "We will continue to review the available facts and information with the experts and authorities, establish precautions and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all involved.

"We are asking that everyone follow the preventative actions advised by the CDC to mitigate the spread of any virus. In addition, we strongly encourage all those traveling to Augusta, Georgia, to become knowledgeable of the most recent travel protocols and restrictions."

The statement arrives a day after the International Olympic Committee said the 2020 Tokyo Summer Games would not be postponed, with the PGA Tour releasing its own update on Monday that it is continuing to monitor the outbreak but has no plans to cancel any tournaments on its schedule.

Typical unnecessary panic-mongering.

Thanks for the clarification, Vespar.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1