2020 Masters tickets

Comments

• HC23HC23 Members  5WRX Points: 25Posts: 5 Bunkers

my concern about third parties is the rain factor if the day gets cancelled...that money is lost...

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members  1298WRX Points: 209Handicap: It is ClimbingPosts: 1,298 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5839WRX Points: 1,151Posts: 5,839 Titanium Tees

I will stick with the lottery and not the bottom feeding vermin ticket broker's.

Posted:
  • Ray Ray Got GameRay Ray Got Game Members  40WRX Points: 65Posts: 40 Bunkers

I believe they were ready for pick up from 7am, which was fine as we just got up left the hotel, picked up the tickets there, then continued walking down towards the course. It's right across the road at the corner of the property so not far away at all. We just dropped them back then made our way back down to hooters, which is a spectacle in itself that week.

I hated having to use the 3rd party guys, but my dad is getting older and wanted to get this done while he was still able to walk around the course for the whole weekend. Getting to experience it with him was priceless. Now I am back to the normal scheduled programming of getting the rejection email from ANGC every year. Hopefully I'll get pulled out some year!

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
    Titleist TS3 15 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
    Titleist 712 CB 2 Iron 6.0 Project X
    Titleist 712 MB 3-9 6.0 Project X
    Vokey SM7 46/52/58 KBS Tour X
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
  • richster23richster23 Validating - Unconfirmed, Members  1WRX Points: 1Posts: 1 Starters

I am thinking of paying the huge price to go to the masters this year through Stubhub. I would like to go for two days and wonder if sharing tickets over a two day period would work. For instance: I buy a Thursday only ticket and someone else I am sharing with buys a Friday only ticket. I go in for the first half of the day on Thursday, then give my ticket or badge to the other person and spend the afternoon in town someplace. Then on Friday we repeat. He goes in for the morning and then gives me the ticket or badge for the afternoon. Would this work and is anyone out there interested in sharing. If so, how would we get in contact?

Posted:
  • daleheaddalehead Members  1918WRX Points: 610Posts: 1,918 Platinum Tees

Yes it would work. You get 2 entries per day, one entry and one reentry. You do have to check out at the gate when you leave. They will scan your ticket and rescan it when your buddy reenters.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dparkdpark Members  2587WRX Points: 180Posts: 2,587 Titanium Tees

Well a nice surprise showed up in the mail today:

Just out of curiosity I went on eBay to see what they were going for. $3500!!! Holy cow.

Not even thinking of selling since this is a bucket list thing and we are also going to Pinehurst after the Masters to knock another bucket item off the list.

just crazy what the demand is for Masters tickets. And this is for a practice round.

very excited to go and see the par 3 tournament too!

Posted:
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
    New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa
  • dmbolpdmbolp Members  34WRX Points: 73Posts: 34 Bunkers

Very cool!! Any mention in the literature on in/out privileges this year? Rumor is, they may only allow 1 or 2 ins/outs this year.

Posted:

I did not read the fine print. Just made sure the tickets were for the right day :) and then went to sleep with happy dreams.

We don't plan to go in/out so not really a care or concern for our group. I know there are no cell phone allowed which makes getting separated and finding each other again more difficult. And no running.

I'll try to remember to read all the details to see if you can go in/out. I don't see why they would allow this. Too much opportunity to share tickets and I would guess that the Masters does not want that.

Posted:
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    New stuff

They've always allowed in/out before, but hear they may be cracking down on it this year

Posted:
  • 3jacker3jacker Members  1185WRX Points: 840Posts: 1,185 Platinum Tees

I still think sneaking in is better. Can't be impossible.

And if you get caught, probably less trouble than getting caught scalping or defrauding.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Titleist 818 H2 21*
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Vokey SM7 52* F
    Vokey SM7 58* D
    Sizemore XB-1

Advertisement
  • 2bGood2bGood Members  5337WRX Points: 540Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,337 Titanium Tees

Got my Wednesday tickets in the mail too. Very excited. I'm trying to work out attending Tuesday too.

Posted:

If you can wait until the day before or day of, prices plummet on stubhub if it rains

Posted:
  • mankumanku Members  872WRX Points: 280Posts: 872 Golden Tee

I'm watching McMillions on HBO these days (highly recommended), and can't help but think there might be shennanigans going on with Masters tickets...at least that would explain why I don't know a soul who has been selected the past decade plus!

Posted:

I've received practice round tickets every other year for the past 16 years. Still waiting for my MON tickets this year. My strategy is: don't max out the request, just ask for 4 MON and 2 SUN.

Posted:

In my circle of family and friends, 4 of us have now "won the lottery" so to speak since 2012. All practice rounds (various days), no tournament days.

Family size is around 20 golfers, friends is probably around 30, all golfers at my club, and that is just the group I talk to. Other people at my club may have won tix but I don't know about it. I think we all started doing it around 2006-08 timeframe. Small sample size but if you figure 50 entries for 15 years, that is 750 entries and 4 "wins". That is a 0.5% win rate. Certainly higher than zero, but basically a 1 out of 200 win rate.

Phoenix Open has the most attendance 200,000 per day, cut it in half for the Masters practice rounds for the sake of argument, so 100K tickets per day for 3 days (Mon-Weds), so 300K tickets overall and they sell them up to 4 at a time (and assume that everyone applies for 4, so 75K sets of tickets to sell. The total number of golfers in the US is 24M with 9M avid golfers (stats I found from NGF). I doubt every golfer applies for a ticket so lets go with 9M applicants, and this is probably still high because kids living in the same household as their parent who golfs can't apply for a ticket per the rules, and even among avid golfers I would say a significant percentage don't apply.

So with 75K sets of tickets and 9M applicants, the odds of getting tickets are 0.8%, much higher than my observed 0.5% success rate.

And if you take the full 24M golfers applying (no chance of this), the likelihood rate is still 0.3125% , which means one out of every 320 attempts succeeds. So you could go 300+ years before winning the Masters lottery. Yeah, that sucks. And I consider myself very fortunate...

Posted:
    Old stuff:
    New stuff

Advertisement

Yeah prices plummet if it rains because you run the risk of the round being cancelled.

Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers  337WRX Points: 318Handicap: 13Posts: 337 Greens

I am the only one with tickets who is worried that their #1 bucket list trip of a lifetime is going to be affected by some kind of virus-related travel restrictions?

Seriously, armed guards will have to gun me down at the airport if I'm told I can't travel to Augusta in April. I see no reason to live if I'm not on my plane come April 6th.

I haven't worried one second about the actual virus, but in the back of my mind I can't help but to imagine a worst case scenario of the Masters being affected somewhat. Just close off North America right now so we're good to go in just over a month!!!

Posted:

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left = bad idea!
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°
    Cobra Speedzone 3H 19°
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52° - SM7 56° - SM8 60°
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood from endangered rainforests

Worth it for $50 and a few hours on the course, instead of the $700 MON and $1,400 WED low prices right now. And a chance they don't close the course

About 7 years ago they closed the course at 10am on MON; got 2 hours in and Augusta sent us an e-mail by noon stating we'd get our money back and guaranteed tickets for the next year

Posted:
  • jimdawg66jimdawg66 Members  13WRX Points: 36Handicap: 14Posts: 13 Bunkers

I live in Georgia and can tell you that the news outlets are already starting to discuss how this could affect attendance. Augusta National for the Masters is a melting pot of people from all over the world. If the international markets aren’t allowed to fly into the US, a lot of tickets are going to be hitting the market. But I can’t imagine domestic restrictions. Of course, I also didn’t imagine a 10% drop in my 401k in just a three day span.

Posted:

Advertisement

Trouble is that email goes to the original purchaser. The third party buyer is out of luck. And just where and when do you buy these $50 tickets?

Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  6005WRX Points: 581Posts: 6,005 Titanium Tees

would be time to fill up the tank for a road trip

Posted:
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members  4780WRX Points: 531Posts: 4,780 Titanium Tees

now you can get some stocks on the cheap and clean up when the panic is over!!!

Posted:
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members  4603WRX Points: 951Posts: 4,603 Titanium Tees

I had 2 tickets for that same Monday. Got the email telling me I would get tickets next year and, of course, was expecting Monday tickets again. Lo and behold, they sent 2 tickets for the Wednesday practice round the next year.

Posted:
  • texasdavetexasdave Members  1734WRX Points: 191Handicap: 5.6Posts: 1,734 Platinum Tees

Did everyone get the email from ANGC about monitoring the virus situation...I’m starting to think they may actually cancel this thing...or at least go without fans.

Posted:
    . TaylorMade M4 9.5*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x

Advertisement
  • VesparVespar on the teeMembers  177WRX Points: 58Handicap: 2.5Posts: 177 Fairways

Update, today wednesday from ANGC

Augusta National Golf Club issued a statement on Wednesday afternoon regarding its preparation for the 2020 Masters in the face of growing concerns of the coronavirus.

With the tournament five weeks away, Augusta National chairman Fred Ridley reassured fans that the Masters, along with the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, will proceed as scheduled. The decision comes after consultation from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Georgia Department of Public Health and local authorities.

"The safety, health and well-being of everyone is our top priority at Augusta National Golf Club," Ridley said in a statement. "We will continue to review the available facts and information with the experts and authorities, establish precautions and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all involved.

"We are asking that everyone follow the preventative actions advised by the CDC to mitigate the spread of any virus. In addition, we strongly encourage all those traveling to Augusta, Georgia, to become knowledgeable of the most recent travel protocols and restrictions."

The statement arrives a day after the International Olympic Committee said the 2020 Tokyo Summer Games would not be postponed, with the PGA Tour releasing its own update on Monday that it is continuing to monitor the outbreak but has no plans to cancel any tournaments on its schedule.

Posted:
  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers  337WRX Points: 318Handicap: 13Posts: 337 Greens

Thanks Vespar, I am relieved to read this after dave's post filled me with dread.

Posted:

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left = bad idea!
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°
    Cobra Speedzone 3H 19°
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52° - SM7 56° - SM8 60°
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood from endangered rainforests

• 3jacker3jacker Members  1185WRX Points: 840Posts: 1,185 Platinum Tees

Typical unnecessary panic-mongering.

Thanks for the clarification, Vespar.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Titleist 818 H2 21*
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Vokey SM7 52* F
    Vokey SM7 58* D
    Sizemore XB-1

Advertisement
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Members  711WRX Points: 250Handicap: 4Posts: 711 Golden Tee

We did this exact thing last year Thursday Friday and Saturday ... went in the AM one day PM the next 2. Split the times , one went from 7 am to 1:30, the other 1:30 to 8. All met at TBones afterwards and did it again the next day. Saturday, they do not tee off til 10 btw so change accordingly.

Great way to see plenty of the course and golf at a more reasonable price. Doing it again this year but we are all going on Sunday. My 5th trip and never been there on a Sunday.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.