Bettinardi or Scotty

English13

Its a very nice putter. To me all of the different models in the 2020 BB line feel a little different in their own way even thought they have the same face milling and the blades all have a head weight of 350g. I used the same grip on all three of the blade models and the BB8 Wide felt the firmest while the BB1F felt the softest. Could be the make up of the heads but the BB8W didnt suit my eye as it looked a little too big for my liking and the putter itself didnt feel as balanced. I do think it is a better option than the SC version of a wide blade and the Odyssey offerings mainly because for my stroke it got the ball on a good line. The SC was all over the place and the Odyssey was hit or miss. Hope this helps!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

One of my fav #7 style head designs was the SC X5. Love how the fangs slightly step down and gently curved back towards the middle of the club head as opposed to more straight back. Always wanted it with the welded slant neck like JT but would never spend that much money on it.

I think this new Betti inovai 6.0 is the best version of that style head design to date. It’s a direct design competitor to the x5, but now comes with a slant neck and just looks incredible. Just wish the blackout version was retail.

Anyway, they are both fantastic putters. I have a lot of respect for both and can easily putt with either brand and feel good about it. At this moment, I think Betti offers incredible options for OTR with different face millings. Between studio stock, queen bee, bb series and inovai they are hard to beat.

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

I tested a bunch, ended up with the QB 6. Best path after much testing and having it custom painted. Wanted to opt for the QB custom #5, but at $2K plus said not this year :-)

Tour AD XC 6S Callaway Smoke 3D 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper L:ite S T150 4-Gap
SteelFiber PR Wedge Ping Glide 4.0 46, 50, 54 and 58 degree
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

I’m a Cameron fan for a few reasons but here are two:

Look more refined and less industrial as far as shaping goes. Resale value holds better which is somewhat important to me because I don’t hoard clubs and prefer to move something along to make room for the incoming.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Agree here that their face millings and variety in the production line is very good compared to Scotty. I believe Scotty took a play out of Bettinardi's playbook this year by re-introducing putters without face inserts, and putting 'Milled in USA' on his line. Bettinardi has been doing this for 20 years, so it's funny to see Scotty now saying Milled in USA, where were they made before?? :)

I give the nod to Bettinardi... family owned, more boutique, and they actually make their putters, Cameron does not.

• Like 1

I agree. The older 2018 BB line has the neon green fill color (no offense to those of you who do like it). Also when I first saw the Queen Bee line I thought it was a women's putter, until I was told differently.

My old Scotty has to two dings on the top line, which bugs me when I am addressing the ball. However, I putt really good with it. Considering buying the new Scotty or switching to a Bettinardi. I do like the new coloring on the 2020 BB line.

I totally agree that Bettinardi's paint fill color choices are almost uniformly awful. The volt yellow from the previous generation of BB series putter looked dated to the mid 2000's the day it was released.

Having said that, the finishes on their putters is second to none, IMO. The Mercury Gray PVD on my 2017 Studio Stock 8 looks gorgeous - no other putter in the last few years hits me in the same way as that one did.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

So glad to find this thread though it's not helping me much. I've had a dozen or so Scottys over the years and when Bettinardi released the BB8W in a limited run last year I became intrigued being a wide blade user. The resale thing really bothers me. Currently there are no 2020 BB8Ws on EBay right now except for limited run editions. Not sure if that's good or bad. I am going to a PGA Superstore next week to compare and make a choice.

They are both really as good. Some folks like Lincoln more than Cadillac. Get fit for a putter "type". Then test drive and as many as you can and select the one that works the best for YOU.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Queen B line - firmest face

BB line - medium softness

FIT face (Studio Stock and Inovai lines) - softest face

They're all milled, meaning no inserts are involved. Bettinardi just takes out more material from the face to make it softer. The FIT face has the grooved-looking face, so it has the most material removed from the face. The firmer faces are a bit clickier sounding.

Personally, I loooooove the FIT face on my Studio Stock. It's a nice solid thunk sound, yet feels buttery soft.

There's really no such thing as one being better than the other. There's no "tech" involved, so to speak, so it's a matter of preference. I feel that the softer faces encourage a more confident stroke because you need to give the putt a little more power to get the ball to the hole.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I'm really having a hard time with the SC I just bought (2018 Squareback). I just cannot feel the putterhead at all in the stroke and I have zero confidence with this thing. My Bettinardi SS28 though, I can feel the putterhead and the roll is just great. I think I'm gonna have to go with Bettinardi on this. The SC is just so nice looking but the performance goes to Bettinardi

Titleist TSR3 Dr / Tensei CK Pro Blue 70x

Ping G410 5w / Tour Chrome S

Ping G410 4h / Tour Chrome S

Sub 70 659 CB Raw 5-Pw / DGS300 120s

Vokey SM9 50F 

Vokey SM9 54S 

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback (2018) 

I've been a long time Scotty gamer but currently have a Betti Studio Stock in the bag. I think more than anything its about finding a head shape that looks good at address and suits your swing. I fell in love with the Studio Stock 8, but am not a huge fan of the FIT Face. So I am looking for a Jam with a plumber neck and cavity or a Signature Series 10 to get a firmer face. Also thinking about a SC Asian spec Circa 3. All great putters, and at the end of the day its the head shape, neck and weight I am after, not the name in the cavity.

Personally I feel Bettinardi putters blow Scotty's away... I know Scotty is the bigger brand and many more people gravitate to them for the name, but I feel Bettinardi makes a much better product. The last 6+ years of Scotty's have felt terrible IMO, however the new Special Select line feels much much better

I have 3 Bettinardi's, 1 EVNROLL, and did actually buy a Special Select Squareback 2 yesterday. Depending on what you look for from a feel perspective, I think the Betti's feel softer than Scotty

But I cant stress enough the new Scotty line does feel very good compared to past releases

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 

I currently game the 2020 BB8W limited run but I recently tried out the Studio Stock 28 slotback center shaft model and was rather impressed by it. Before making any changes, I wanted to get some input for the community about these two putters. Performance wise, they both feel great. Are there any advantages to center shafted putter vs a plumbers neck? Anybody played these particular models? Thanks very much! 

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus TR Red VeloCore 6x D4/T1 setting (RH)

3 Wood: Titleist TSr3 16.5 Fujikura Ventus TR Red VeloCore 7x C1/T2 setting (RH)

7 Wood/4 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 21 Fujikura Ventus TR Red VeloCore 8x C1 setting/Titleist TSr3 21 Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 9x B1/Neutral setting (RH) 

Irons: Titleist Black T200 4-5/T100 6-P True Temper AMT White Onyx S300 (RH)

Wedges: Titleist Black T100 50 degree True Temper AMT White S300, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54/12D, 58/8M BGT ZNE 130 (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 with Black Tour Stability Shaft (RH)

Ball: Titleist ProV1x Yellow

• 2 months later...

I have been a long time Scotty user but completely switched over to Bettinardi since 2019.

Currently using Queen Bee 5 with the jumbo grip and just ordered a BB1 with standard grip to have both options for different courses.

Scotty, although still a good putter, has become too commercialized and has lost its appeal to me personally.

In the meantime, Bettinardi has caught up and I personally feel has overtaken Scotty in terms of different choices for different purposes (eg: BB series, Queen Bee Series, Studio Stock etc)

Pricing and quality of the putter is top class and I believe that Bettinardi has the best putter cover material and functional designs so that they can be easily taken off and put back on during a game.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

Cameron hasn't done anything interesting since the deep milled Select series back in 2012.

His insert thing was lame.

I'm down to one Cameron, one of the afore mentioned Select Series Black Newport w/ custom shop work, and unless I can find a Studio Design 1.5 it will stay that way. Might even get rid of that one as I never use it.

I have a few Bettinardi's. Starting with a Mizuno BC4 343gm , a BC3 ( was a gift from me to my late father ), a 2016 BB1, a '16 Tiki, '17 Tiki (Honu), and a '17 Studio Stock 8 ( for sale).

I didn't like Bettinardi's earlier stuff because it was too angular/ industrial looking, but that has changed a bit over the past few years. And they offer a lot of carbon, which I prefer.

I also have a couple of TP Mills designs and am a fan of David's work.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

Both?

I really like Betti's, never gamed one. Been fitted for a few.

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

I think you need to look at both as a whole right now. Bettinardi offers a lot more customizable options that are more easily attainable than Scotty. Bettinardi offers four different face millings (Ghost, Honeycomb, Flymill, Fit), multiple materials for their heads (DASS, Stainless, Soft Carbon, Mild Carbon). Not to mention the different stamping options, paintfills, headcovers (which I think are better quality than Scotty).

A person can get a fully customizable putter from Bettinardi with all types of finishes, material, face milling etc at their $2,000 starting point. To get that from a SC it would be a lot more expensive.

I like the older SC putters from pre 2012 but most of the putters he manufactures and provides as a custom service dont have as many options imo. Also the OTR putters between the two SC has the upper hand with the weights on the bottom of the head but Bettinardi offers four different OTR putter lines in the Inovai, Queen B, BB Series & Studio Stock to fit people with whatever material or face milling you want.

Just my .02

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

As a lefty the both kinda suck for us. But which do I prefer? Lets see.

OTR options, Bettinardi only has 3 for lefties and Scotty has 2 options and not counting the Phantom line because that's done. Not sure which options I'd pick with the options now.

Hive vs The Gallery. Bettinardi does seem to have more drops, not a ton with lefty but price isn't insane. I mean Scotty has some belt buckles for more than some Betti putters. I do think some Scottys are nicer especially the tour models, the wall hangers are just ugly as sin. Same for Bettinardi.

Tour/Custom. Bettinardi anyone can get a custom, gonna cost you but it's possible. Also some tour putters do come up at the mid to high hundreds which isn't bad again. Scotty I don't know if custom is possible unless you're on tour or have connections and then can't imagine price if you had to pay.

Used market. Well there are way more used Scottys but you gotta pay the "Scotty Tax" especially as a lefty. I went to price out a Circa 62 I have and if i go off eBay prices it will go for a lot. Bettinardi not as many buy can find some really nice gems on a good day.

With all that said I don't know who I'd favor, I currently own 1 Scotty. I've owned 3 Bettinardi's and moved them for various reasons. But as a lefty not getting much love from either but feel like I'd prefer a BBZero if I got the chance over a Scotty offering.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana