2020 Honda Classic

Comments

• dcfasdcfas Capital Region, NY Members  1040WRX Points: 191Posts: 1,040 Platinum Tees

Open face, in-out swing= push. A champion does not make that mistake when given an opportunity like this one. TF seems like a good guy and is a great player. Will break through soon here in the U.S. imho.

Posted:

Mixed bag includes TM, Mizuno, Ping, Cleveland, and Guerin Rife.

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Jay28Jay28 Members  93WRX Points: 34Posts: 93 Fairways

No doubt he choked. You could see it all day with his putting. I already called that. But that doesn't excuse the awful behaviour of US golf crowds. Some of it is really unacceptable and some of it just pathetic, when they shout stupid things on tee shots for example.. like "mashed potatoes". I mean seriously.

Posted:
  • Jay28Jay28 Members  93WRX Points: 34Posts: 93 Fairways

Yes on dollars. That is why the best players are there.

But courses? Nope. Some good courses in the US, but generally they don't compare favourably to Europe.

Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6039WRX Points: 2,887Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,039 Titanium Tees

Tommy's third does knock Tiger out of the OWGR Top 10.

Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  28891WRX Points: 5,702Posts: 28,891 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6039WRX Points: 2,887Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,039 Titanium Tees

We know. You've had him ranked #1 in the world every week since he enrolled at Stanford.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • drexeliusdrexelius Members  18WRX Points: 31Handicap: 5Posts: 18 Bunkers

Right - he didn’t even need to get it on the green - short left would’ve given him a great chance to get up and down for a birdie. WAY too much risk on that shot, and he hates fading the ball as it is. Now we see why.

Posted:
  • disco111disco111 Members  1264WRX Points: 357Handicap: 7Posts: 1,264 Platinum Tees

Fleetwood didn't choke, he went for the win instead of playing for a tie and take it to a playoff. But he went against his shot pattern. His caddie talked him into playing a left to right (fade) and his normal shot is a draw. Hopefully he learns from this and sticks to his go to shot...........If he took it to a playoff, I think he would have won. He will have some sleepless nights reliving that shot..............

Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  28891WRX Points: 5,702Posts: 28,891 Titanium Tees

Since Merv Griffin show ; )

Hey, I didn’t realize AS was playing so well consistently, look at that.

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32709WRX Points: 3,001Posts: 32,709 Titanium Tees

Hats off to Im for a well played round of golf on a difficult golf course.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• ShakespeareShakespeare Members  209WRX Points: 101Posts: 209 Fairways

Went for the win? To me it looks like they were talking a long long iron , but wiuld have to draw it over the water...looks **** he wanted to cut a 5 wood in...but if you think he was going for the win..then you are his caddie because it was a play to the middle of the green and a two putt. And just because he hit it in the water dosnt mean he choked....but saying he should have hit his normsl draw in there is just stupid...good playes work the ball in to the pin...great playes pull it off...his time will cone

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mankumanku Members  870WRX Points: 276Posts: 870 Golden Tee

Watched here and there over the last four days...question: Does anyone with a handicap in the double digits play this course? It looks like **** for the average golfer with acres of sand and huge expanses of water...in other words, you're typical Jack design!

Posted:

White tees are a par 72 of 5984 yards

it rates a 69.9 and a 129 slope

Posted:

• disco111disco111 Members  1264WRX Points: 357Handicap: 7Posts: 1,264 Platinum Tees

I'll tell what's stupid..........going against your normal shot pattern under pressure. Of course he plays his normal draw to the left of the green and has a 2 putt to tie. When he hits a shot that's attempting to track the pin and there's no room for error, you get a ball in the water. The only real thing that's stupid is your assessment of the comment..........

Posted:

Exactly- if the fade was his natural shot, go for it. But he should have stayed in his comfort zone, especially under that kind of pressure.

Posted:

Would definitely be a 2-sleeve kind of course for most of us.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JD3JD3 Members  5063WRX Points: 402Posts: 5,063 Titanium Tees

Going for the win was putting the odds back on the side of the guy in the tent to win. Smart play there was go for middle of green, two putts, then take your chances in the playoffs. That was a complete sucker flag with a wood in hand.

Posted:
    Cobra SZ 9 Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Tensei CK White 70x 
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Yururi Tataki Wedges 52.5 and 60.5 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0x
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21478WRX Points: 5,443Posts: 21,478 ClubWRX
    Posted:
  • YuckYuck Fore! Members  2657WRX Points: 292Posts: 2,657 Titanium Tees

Impressive day from Im. He did not get flustered after bad shots. He was not chicken sh*t on the bear trap. At 21 years old he is a pretty good player. Expect more from Im, he has got the right disposition to win again.

Posted:
  • stingerfadestingerfade Members  637WRX Points: 418Posts: 637 Golden Tee

The guy who yelled in Tommy’s backswing should be thrown into that lake. Why can’t you shut your stupid trap for someone’s shot especially on the 72nd hole. What a freakin dooshbag.

was there last year on 72nd hole and took rickie 3 times to tell people to shut up. What do you gain yelling stupid crap. I really don’t get it

Posted:

“No, I didn’t hear anything,” Fleetwood’s caddie Ian Finnis said afterward. “[Tommy] didn’t mention it to me.”

When Fleetwood was asked about it, he, too, said he didn’t hear it.

“There was a lot of noise,” Fleetwood said. “But no I didn’t hear anyone yell.”

“I hit a bad shot,” Fleetwood said. “Could have been a great shot, but actually as bad as it was, it could have landed three yards left and been on the edge of the green and I'd have had a chance. It is what it is.”

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jqsmoothjqsmooth Members  114WRX Points: 70Handicap: 7.0Posts: 114 Fairways

I really like Tommy Fleetwood. It's only a matter of time before he wins on the tour. I respect him for owning up to the shot whether he heard the yelling or not. Not many would have, certainly not Cpt America. It's just a shame that these people can't enjoy the event without yelling.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic 9.0* Tour AD-IZ Xstiff
    3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard Stiff
    Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
    Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 718 ap2 50* GW
    Titleist SM6 54* M grind SW
    Titleist SM6 58* M grind LW
    Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9
  • stingerfadestingerfade Members  637WRX Points: 418Posts: 637 Golden Tee

That’s because TF has class unlike the Get In The Hole morons

Posted:
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip Members  597WRX Points: 304Posts: 597 Golden Tee

Questionable shot to play in there needing just 4 to tie, but what the heck do I know.

Im played really gutsy golf today, hats off, bright future and nice to see him win.

Posted:

I believe TF was trying to do this. Sick shot...

Of course Rory misses the eagle putt to win then lost the Playoff but....

Posted:
  • flushemflushem Members  2077WRX Points: 425Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,077 Platinum Tees

Titleist will sell like hot cake in S Korea, especially Acushnet is owned by S Korean company. FYI, Titleist branded polo shirts sell for $300.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers  2038WRX Points: 432Handicap: 16.4Posts: 2,038 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

• babyfadebabyfade Members  609WRX Points: 122Posts: 609 Golden Tee
    Posted:
  • Chris52Chris52 Chris Members  25WRX Points: 22Handicap: 10. Best round 78Posts: 25 Bunkers

That was stupid by fleetwood.He didn’t need eagle to get into playoff but birdie,so why go for that hollywood shot,with so much risk and against his natural shot.

He should have layed up to within 100 yards or whatever his favourite distance is to give himself at least a decent shout of a birdie as he is seldom more than 10 ft away from those short approaches.

Needs to sort out the mental side of his game because that was as Peter Aliss would say ‘ga-ga’ last night

Posted:

Advertisement
  • SDG90SDG90 Members  34WRX Points: 46Posts: 34 Bunkers

I never said Fleetwood lost the tournament because of the guy yelling. I just mentioned how disrespectful the American crowds can be.

You really believe most players are on the PGA tour for the crowds? Come on man, it’s all about the $$$. If the European Tour had the same prize money, most players would never return to the PGA ever again.

Posted:

DRIVER - Ping G400 Max 9* - Ping Alta CB 55 S-flex

3WD - Nike Vapor Speed 15* - Fubuki Z60 x5ct S-flex

DI - Srixon Z U65 20* - Miyazaki Kaula Tour Issue S-flex

IRONS - Srixon Z565 (4-pw) - N.S. Pro 950GH S-flex

WEDGES - Titleist Vokey SM6 52* - 56* - 60*

PUTTER - TaylorMade Ghost Tour Daytona 12 34"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.