2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2020 Masters tickets

John K.

We did this exact thing last year Thursday Friday and Saturday ... went in the AM one day PM the next 2. Split the times , one went from 7 am to 1:30, the other 1:30 to 8. All met at TBones afterwards and did it again the next day. Saturday, they do not tee off til 10 btw so change accordingly.

Great way to see plenty of the course and golf at a more reasonable price. Doing it again this year but we are all going on Sunday. My 5th trip and never been there on a Sunday.

Was fortunate to get picked in the lottery and have 4 tickets for Wednesday. I'll be getting into town Tuesday morning and am wondering if the tickets will be a bit cheaper day of and is StubHub/Vivid Seats reliable for tickets? Looks like you pick up the tickets at the store locations? 4 of us going so possibly even if its just for the afternoon two people go in for a couple hours and then the other two will go in for a couple hours.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

Tickets certainly get cheaper as we get closer. And if you use the pickup service with Stubhub (LMS - Last Minute Services) you pick up the tickets at a house just outside the main/free parking lot, address is: 2717 Wicklow Dr. But as of last year same-day Stubhub sales ended at 8am (maybe earlier) as they started to limit the number of "ins" at 2; previously the same ticket could go in/out an unlimited number of times, so tickets could be resold on Stubhub multiple times throughout the day. A couple years ago I got a SAT ticket for $250 at about noon; leaders hadn't tee'd off yet.

• Like 1

With current situation, I'd say chances of the Masters being postponed or cancelled (played without spectators???) are decent...who knows how this will pan out.

So I wouldn't buy anything that isn't refundable in the event of cancellation.

Also don't forget there are lots of spouses (at least that I know) who don't want their S.O. to travel unless necessary...I already had to cancel a trip to Vegas. So maybe there will be more tickets/lower demand at the venue.

Disagree. I don’t think it’s going to have any affect. I’m 50 or so minutes away with no traffic. Other than Fulton county ( Atlanta ) there is basically 6-7 cases total for sc and Georgia.

trust me. There are more than enough locals to fill the grounds if tickets are cheap.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I dont want to turn this into another corona thread but I think people are kidding themselves if they think there is 0% chance of it having any effect - there is a LONG way between now and 4 weeks from now. There's a reason that the Champions League, NHL, NCAA etc are all playing games without fans or outright cancelling postseason tournaments. SXSW brings hundreds of millions of dollars to the Austin economy. Cancelled. Coachella and Stagecoach - both cancelled.

And its not because they dont like making money.

So lets not kid ourselves and say there is no chance.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

You maybe correct. The overreaction is going to cause things.

i just read an internal memo that I can’t post here , from a physician (surgeon) to his staff .... and it’s literally 3 pages long of him saying “ this is wayyyy Over blown. Such a small percentage effected so far this year compared to the flu.” Etc. And much much fewer deaths. The mortality rate for over 80 is only 15%. I’d expect it to be much higher from news reports. I’m not trying to be callous. But lets Use common sense , and not tank a global economy over what “ might “ happen.

the Doc goes on to say that this is in the common cold family and is treated the same. Fluids rest and quarantine. It’s only killing those with severe pre existing conditions. Same as flu. His words. I have read further Everywhere I can and can find nothing to contradict what he’s saying. This Doc of course isn’t a expert in the field I’ll give you that. But. I’m involved with him personally , which is why I was copied on the memo. That’s how I know He’s consulted with 10 or more colleagues on this memo for their staffs. They haven’t just made this stance up willy nilly.

all I can read for the most part is Just the fear mongering media trying to sell copy.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

And you're doing the polar opposite of fear mongering IMO.

But lets draw this to a close, we're way off track.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I guess to clarify my original comment further. What I meant was it shouldn’t effect the event IF they let in locals. The real danger are the outsiders flying in. And then going back. Making it a GA Sc AL only admission would make it virtually like any other tour event. Unless they plan to cancel all events. It would work just fine. So yes. Hurting fans from out of region. But not the event. My opinion.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Making it a local's only event is an interesting way to go. Waiting to see what happens, but now there is some talk of other countries restricted travel to the USA given the lack of testing happening, so some foreign visitors may not be able to come home if they do attend.

We're going to see more and more of this. I think the Masters and many of events may go this route.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

Anyone who thinks this virus isnt a large threat to our country, hasnt been listening to the immunologists or just flat out refuse to be open minded. This is now airborne......look at China and Italy. people in their 40's and 50's are starting to pass away. This situation is rapidly changing hour by hour, so every precaution should be taken......once we have more information on the mutations and how to combat the spread,, the nation can resume its "normal" schedule.

Who cares if the Masters gets cancelled or postponed.....its a game, not life and death.

What do you mean “ it’s airborne “. As in walk outside your house and catch it on a breeze ? With no other people or building visible for a half mile all around ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

To be very clear the virus is currently NOT believed to be airborne. The principal mode of transmission is still thought to be respiratory droplets from someone who is sneezing or coughing. It does spread though contact with surfaces though. The fact it is not believed to be Airborne does not mean it is not very contagious and may become wide spread, but there is no public evidence that it is airborne.

Yep. Airborne is a whole different level. And really not feasible unless weaponized dispersal is used. As in how far is a human sneeze going to carry. Even in a strong wind ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

"Now for the bad news. Airborne transmission is “plausible,” according to a study — that has not been peer reviewed — posted online this week from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California, Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health posted online Wednesday concluded that the virus could remain airborne for “up to 3 hours post aerosolization.”"

So you walk into an area where someone has coughed or sneezed, you can contract it right out of the air. We have family in Italy who feeds us news and updates each day. Reports from China and Iran have confirmed this as well.

dont be foolish and turn a blind eye to science, ....and reports from ground zero.....just be cautious .......but the facts remain this is airborne and will continue to get worse. Although we as a nation have taken great steps to help curb the spread, you have the morons of society like Rudy Gobert who really reduce the effectiveness of limiting the spread of these bugs.

All the top immunologists working on this issue all say the same.....we dont know how bad it will get.....once everyone is actually tested, the cases will explode and we'll really lock down how its transmitted. But for now, you can contract this by walking into a room or being on a plane or a cruise ship as the virus recirculates through the air. We just dont know to what extent or how many people were infected due ti the transmission through the air. Its growing by the hour

And the CDC says this is VERY contagious...

if nothing else, listen to this Immunologist who is the leading expert on the subject..

You have to define “ airborne “. I define it as able to travel miles. On its own. Surfaces do not play into airborne. Unless that surface is in an airplane.

if it were truly airborne then the gathering bans are literally useless. You’d have just as much chance of getting it by walking outside.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I am aware of the study. Its conclusion is that it is 'plausible' and in no way conclusive after aerosolization the virus may be able to survive in the air. Outside of medical procedures like intubation, ventilation and airway suction (etc) I am not aware of any daily occurrences of aerosolization. As I understand a normal cough/sneeze does not stay suspended in the air.

However I agree, there is lots we do not know and we should be very concerned and cautious.

I listened to that podcast.

He was compelling. Yet for every doom and gloom and fear-mongering immunologist familiar with the subject (of which there are many and more coming out of the woodwork every day), there is another who promotes a "please calm the **** down and be reasonable" approach. That doesn't drive viewership though. I listened to the entire podcast and that guy is seeking to put attention on himself. What he said about this coronavirus could have been said about every other. There is nothing special about it, yet, other than the world's reaction.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

IMO, they all start off with "don't panic" but then a certain subset go off into why this is the most terrifying thing to hit us since the Plague. He was definitely pressing for the latter.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

Highly doubt the Masters will be happening. I think PGA will probably suspend the tour after this players championship. Every other major sport has suspended theres.

No way the PGA risks 1 golfer having it without them knowing and reaching into a hole 18 times a round and every other player doing the same

Thats my prediction

Also says can live in air for 3 hours and plastic for 3 days https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-live-plastic-stainless-steel-for-up-to-3-days

Yes the news is wide spread, but it is still reporting that it is plausible after aerosolization. I actually kind of surprised the news is not explaining what aerosolzation is (and is not) as it is very important part of the story. Technically this virus has always been considered airborne, but just not in the way Measels is, where one person can infect a room full of people without close contact just by breathing in the room. Outside of this study transmission is still believed to be in large droplets. We have know for a while, survival of Covid-19 on surfaces is long lived.

Again, this is very serous and should not be taken lightly.