MEMBER REVIEWS! Fujikura Motore X F1 and F3 Shafts! Read What Members Are Saying Here!

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/740/9LPW1NHQX121.jpg[/img]
We have an exciting shaft testing discussion going on here! The members below are going to be testing the new Fujikura Motore X F1 and F3 shafts, reporting there findings here! Please feel free to ask any questions you have to these members, they are more than willing to answer everything!@SUPERG @asroma19 @jetmech879 @jgonz69 @a_gorilla

We also want to give a huge THANK YOU to Fujikura for putting on this testing event!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Hey guys! I want to thank WRX and Fuji for the shaft and the opportunity!

About me: I play to a 7 at the moment with a SS of 119 mph. Driving is usually pretty good for me and loved the idea of testing this shaft against my Diamana. I have a more deliberate back swing but with a quick transition. I hope that this info helps for anyone looking to compare. I'm testing the Fuji Motore X F1 7 X in my M5.

Feel: right off the bat, when I screwed the shaft in the butt was STIFF almost harsh. It took some swings to get used to but it made for a ton of stability. Feel compared to my Diamana was not as smooth but I could deal, and could see how someone may prefer the stiffer handle. While swinging it does feel very stable!

Launch and distance: I've had limited range time with it, but did play 2 rounds over the weekend. The initial window was awesome!!! Very penetrating and great in this TX wind we have. I could tell the tip of the shaft was ripping through the ball. Distance was comparable to my DF , carry of about 290 with great roll. I at this point have not been able to get on a monitor and may not have the chance at all, I'm more of a feel player anyway (sorry for the data folks)

Dispersion: Here is where the shaft shines, I only missed one fairway all weekend, compared to my DF I could tell the shots with the Motore didn't budge at all, it was really quite amazing to watch.

I'll update after a couple rounds I have this weekend, as well as some pic of the shaft and the setup!!!!

Callaway Paradym 9* PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 60 6.0

Callaway Paradym 15* - PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 70 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 3 HB 20* - Tensei White 85 S

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW - DG 105 S300

Vokey SM9 50* - 54* - 58* - TT Wedge 

Odyssey White Hot OG 2 Ball

Titleist ProV1

Background:

Currently play to an 8 handicap. Driver SS was measured at 113 on Trackman not too long ago. I play a natural draw up and down the bag. However, I've suffered from driver yips for the past nearly two years, only hitting the big stick if there's plenty of room to bailout. I've been working hard the past 4-5 months to get my confidence back up in the driver, so I've been looking for a few things: 1) forgiveness on mis-hits, 2) higher launch, 3) a touch more spin (I'm a low-spin driver of the ball), and 4) better dispersion (perhaps due to more spin). Off the tee I've been relying on 2i and long/mid irons teeing off, and could into trouble when my ballstriking was off. Felt I was losing too many strokes by being out of position to hit wedges into par 4s since I can poke it out there 280+ depending on bounce.

My driver swing - when things are BAD, a high-right miss due to trying to "drop it in the slot" and dropping my trail shoulder coming way too far from the inside, lots of contact off the heel more often than not. Essentially a push-slice/fade. Working on my swing now has made my miss more consistent: miss is mostly left with contact coming off the toe, or if my swing gets disconnected I'll smother hook it, but at least I can take one side out of play. I would classify myself as having a smooth/moderate tempo and transition.

I've had one range session and played 36 holes with the new shaft. Not able to get access to a trackman but will try to make it out to at least PGA Superstore to use their launch monitor to get some dry ball data between my old gamer and the Motore X. My review will take you through my experience chronologically with this shaft.Current setup:

Callaway Rogue 9*, +1 loft neck adjustment

Graphite Design AD-DI 6x, 44", 6-7 2" strips of lead tape on the headTesting:

Motore X F3 7X 44.5", removed lead tape and installed and aftermarket 11g headweight (replacing the stock 5g). I thought the F3 would suit my swing best.Initial thoughts:

This is a sweet looking shaft. It's a big contrast to the AD-DI looks-wise, I can appreciate the matte black finish and the simple graphics, and it only took a few swings to get used to the look down at address. Holding the club and waggling it, I liked the weight and felt like I could feel the clubhead more and the tip felt a little more active.

Z8X8QZMYVS61.jpg

UTOL4147CDNZ.jpgRange Session:

I noticed right away on full swings I can can feel the kick of the shaft. Again, I felt like I could keep better track of the clubhead through transition. Perhaps because of this, my face impact was better concentrated in the center and toe-side, rather than the low-heel misses I've been getting. I tried all possible combinations of sleeve-adapter and headweight:

(loft +/- 1) + (neutral/draw lie) + (9/11/13 grams of headweight)

I eventually settled on the 11g headweight. I felt like I could lose track of the head and get too quick with my swing with 9g, and the 13g seemed to impact launch and spin the most.

I set the neck to standard loft and draw setup. I felt like this kept the spin down a little but maintained the high launch and natrual draw shotshape I prefer and the face had the slightly closed look at address which I prefer.

Overall, I walked away from the range session very pleased. My misses were just slightly overcooked draws, and I was consistently hitting the same spot on the club face.36 Hole Review:

I was lucky to get this shaft in time for vacation, and played both courses at Turtle Bay on Oahu. I played both courses from the blues and hit driver when I felt confident.

Palmer course:

1st hole, par 4 383y

Literally the first swing of the day. Did not put a great move on the ball with a tight back, hit the fairway with a low smother hook (lol) but still had about 170 out. Not a great shot at all.

9th hole, par 5 535y

Aimed a drive center of the fairway and missed left of the fairway. Contact was solid and ended up having 210y in, but obstructed and had to layup. I didn't think I put a great swing on the ball and may have been a little high-toe contact, but the ball just went.

18th hole par 5 539y

Again, aimed down the center and just missed the fairway in the left rough. Similar contact but the ball came out a little higher and with less draw. I felt like I nutted the ball and had 230y in, but not the best lie and a forced carry necessitated a layup.

The Palmer course is tighter so I opted to play 2i off the tee since there was trouble usually lurking on both sides of the fairway. 46-36=82 for the day. Despite only hitting 3 drivers, I was confident in putting it into play.

Fazio course:

This is supposed to be more wide open and it was. More parallel/adjacent fairways to confidently hit driver so I did. Having hit my other drives earlier, I tried to play for a left miss the rest of this round.

4th hole par 5 513y

Aimed down the right side of the fairway, but I did not draw the ball. The strike was center and ballflight didn't move an inch it seemed. A very confident swing and a miss I would live with all day. It seemed like I could tee it up now and point and shoot. Had 225 to the front, but I landed in a cluster of trees with no clear line to the green.

6th hole par 4 435y

Into the wind, I kind of flared this one out right with a push, but contact was solid. It looked a little spinny in flight. Aimed down the right side just missed the fairway right. But with no roll and what seemed like increased spin, I had about 185 to the pin playing 200ish.

7th hole par 5 544y

A dogleg left, downwind, which setup well for my draw. REALLY overcooked it and hit a tree about 200y out. Just a quick swing and toe-y miss. My first truly bad swing.

9th hole par 4 377y

Another dogleg left, downwind. This time hit my draw, slightly overdrew and missed the fairway left, but had a 60y pitch shot into the green. This is the type of golf I was looking to play, instead of something like 2i-9i on a par 4.

10th hole par 5 502y

Worst swing of the day. Bad push fade into the 18th fairway but only had 230 into the green and hit a punch 3 wood to the back. Easy two putt bird. Although this was my worst swing, I thought the Motore does a great job of mitigating that miss. I felt like my dispersion even on misses is still improved. Is it the perceived increased spin I'm seeing? Possibly,

12th hole par 4 373y

Another dogleg left. Hit a beautiful draw but my starting line was a little too aggressive and missed the fairway. Although I had another 55-60y pitch shot into the green, I had a bad angle and had to hit something high and soft over a bunker (spoiler alert: i missed clearing the bunker by a yard)

13th hole par 4 377y

Aggressive headwind. Thought about hitting a 2i but went with driver anyway, nutted a drive down the center but still had 125 in playing 140? Finally hit a fairway!

16th hole par 4 482y

Same aggressive headwind. 2nd worst swing of the day. Clubhead got away from me and hit a quick pull hook and still had like 250+ into the green. Blasted a 3w but still about 15-20y short.

17th hole par 5 494y

Aggressive downwind since this is adjacent to the 16th. Got a little quick, aimed down the right-center and overdrew it. Although I only had 200y in, I was obstructed and had to layup.

18th hole par 4 373

A dogleg left, but a sign that said residences were along the left side of the fairway psyched me out. The last thing I wanted to do was shatter a window on my vacation. I took a very conservative line and didn't draw the ball. Dead straight over some bunkers and nearly in the 10th fairway. I definitely would change my line off the tee if I could play it again. Even with an aggressive draw, those houses were not in play. 40-40=80 for the day.Closing thoughts:

I will try to at least get on a PGA Superstore launch monitor to get some rough estimates on launch and spin. This shaft passes the eye test. I felt like my misses could be played for and were manageable. Ball flight was predictable, just need to work on controlling the draw or even just turning it into a straight shot. I definitely improved my contact on the face. My dispersion and most importantly confidence has improved. I look forward to tweaking the club a bit more. I'm thinking of kicking the loft down a notch to see if those 'spinny' looking shots decrease. But overall, I'm very happy with the shaft. The weight, feel, and driving results exceeded my expectations.

Titleist TSR3 10* Tensei 1k Black 7x 44.5"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* Tensei 1k Black 7x 42.5"

Cobra F6 Baffler 19.5* Diamana Blueboard 8x 41.25"

Titleist U505 4i Tensei 1k Black 8x

Titleist T100 5i-9i Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 46F/50F/54F/60M Project x 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Would love to hear a comparison to the Atmos Black TS!

• Like 1

Driver: SIM2 - 10.5* - Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M5+

4W: Sim Ti - 17* - UST Proforce 8F5

3 Iron: Titleist u500 - Pro White 100x / 7 wood: Epic - 21* - GD TP 8TX

4-PW - Mizuno 921T - C-Taper 130x

Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.12D - TT S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X7

Ball: ProV1

I will start by saying a huge thank you to GolfWRX and Fujikura for this opportunity! This is my first time being chosen for a product review and am super excited! I have had a chance to play twice with this shaft now so I have some details to share. I will post a full initial review later on today but my initial thoughts are that this shaft is a bomber! Stay tuned!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Ok so a little about me and my game. I have been playing golf for almost 30 years now and do not have a current handicap. I usually shoot in the mid to high 70s. My driver SS is around 108 with an aggressive transition. Last year I found a combination in a driver that has been awesome for me. A TaylorMade M3 440 9* with a Diamana BF 70X shaft. This club has been money! I recently got a SIM head on a whim to try and there is just no comparison for me. M3 wins! 

So as I said above, I’ve played 2 rounds with this shaft comparing it to my BF. On all the par 5s I played and a couple par 4s I would hit 3 to 5 balls with each shaft in my M3. The results have been very consistent. 

Looks: The F1 is no doubt a sweet looking shaft. I love the mat black finish and the colors are a nice firey touch!

Feel: Comparing the F1 to the BF, the F1 has a crisper feel to it. I feel the stiffest in the handle vs the BF. I have always been a fan of a slightly stiffer butt section but not overly stiff. The F1 definitely falls into my wheel house in the feel category. That is the only complaint I have with my BF. It feels like it can get a little loose at times. The F1 has a smooth crisp feel and a nice powerful feeling kick at impact. 

Control: This has been a area where nothing can beat my Diamana out. I feel extremely confident with the BF being able to hit the ball high, low, left, or right. With the F1, I am able to hit it high or low with no trouble but most shots are wanting to drift right on me. I have a feeling it is possible grip related. I had a midsize grip installed and it feels a little big in my left hand. I will change it to my normal Iomic sticky 2.3 with a taper reducing build up to match my diamana. As for the spin with this shaft, I’d say it is definitely lower spin than my BF. That seems to show more in the distance category. 

Distance: This shaft is a beast! Once I got used of the feel, darn near every ball I hit with this shaft is 5 to 10 yards longer. This is a category that will need some more testing. The courses have been swamps here in NC. However, after 2 rounds, it’s winning! 

I will add more after another round. Overall I am loving it! I can’t wait till next Monday! I may get sick one day this week. 

First of all, thank you to GolfWRX and Fujikura for this opportunity to test the new Fujikura Motore X F1. This is my first time being chosen for a testing product review and I was beyond stoked! I have played 2 9-hole rounds and had a couple range sessions with it and can share my details.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Updated with my review (so far). Feel free to post questions, I'd be happy to respond and give my thoughts.

Hi GolfWRX,

A little about myself and my game. I have been playing seriously since 2012 when I bought my first set of golf clubs from a big chain store. I play to a 5.3 handicap right now and have been shooting in the mid 80’s as I am in a bit of a funk with driver swing right now. My driver SS is average around 108-112 with a shorter, compact swing and a pretty quick/aggressive transition. 

Currently in the Callaway Mavrik 9º SZ with Accra TZ6 65 M5. Gave me the best numbers when I tested it this year and am very happy. Love the launch window it has and the trajectory is great. I received the Motore F1 6X for the Callaway Mavrik. 

*I did receive the shaft a little longer than requested. I play all of my driver at 44.5” installed into the head with a swing weight of D3. It measured out at 45.25” with a swing weight of D7. Haven’t had time to get it trimmed down* 

I have been able to play the shaft on a round of 13 and a round of 9 holes and have had a couple range sessions. Range sessions were good, launch was lower than my Accra, but was spinning well and seemed to carry about the same distance (haven’t had time to get onto a proper launch monitor). When properly loaded and struck, it seems like the ball explodes off the face and gains speed. When playing on the course, I had a full round cut short and only got 13 holes in. I hit some of my longest drives I have ever hit on my home course with the F1, but the propensity to go right one me as I have been playing a draw has been a challenge. Looks: The F1 looks sleek like a stealth bomber. Love the matte black finish and the graphics stand out but in a very subtle way. Feel: Comparing the F1 to the Accra, the F1 has a stiffer butt section. The F1 has a good solid, crisp feeling and a great snap at impact. The Accra definitely has a looser tip and seems to whip through impact more to create that launch a little higher than the F1. Control: I feel very confident with the Accra TZ6. I can hit the ball high, low and shape it pretty decently both ways. With the F1, I do like that it is not a shaft that will go left on unless you really flip your hands and hook it hard. Only thing that I have noticed is that when not loaded properly, it will cause my ball to drift right and this can also become a hard slice. The nice thing about the F1 is that when you hit it properly it does create tighter draws or fades with the swing. It seems to want to hold a line in the air and not drift very far in either direction. Distance: As has been said previously, this shaft is a beast. If loaded properly, this shaft will seem to go on for maybe 10-12 yards longer in carry. I would like to get onto Trackman and really see the distance and the numbers to see if I can tweak it more. Conclusion…. so far… I need more time to really get it tested properly and will be posting more updates. I need to get it cut down to the proper length I like and have it rebuilt. I think the extra 3/4” is really playing with my mind and it affects the swing weight of the club. I like it when it loaded properly and I got it to work all together, but most of the time it it just pushing the ball too far right for my liking. Will report back when I have data! 

Thanks! And PM me if you have any questions. 

Q1SE1FEFZMG9.jpeg

8TNTA5WJ4F05.jpeg

WU6P2ZQBY94G.jpeg

• Like 1
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

@asroma19
thank you for the feedback vs Accra TZ6, was it 10-15 yards longer for you?

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

I would read this with a caveat. The shaft is not the right length for me, but some swings on the course have worked out well and seemingly has gone farther on some holes than I am used to.

I'm a fitter and recommend Mitsubishi shafts for drivers, fairways, and hybrids. They are in my bag and a reason was that the Mitsubishi rep in Carlsbad took the time out to discuss his shafts and shafts in general when I was in the area for training by several companies. If I had the opportunity to try a Fujikura in my driver, my recommendations could change.

Ping G425MAX 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus Red TR

Ping G425MAX 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 5-AW w/Ping Alta CB

Ping Glide 4.0 56°-58° w/Recoil ES SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58 Midsize

All Swing Grips: Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Midsize

Just a little update. Yesterday I played a course I’m very familiar with. I changed the grip out to my normal style and build up. The results were better today as I was able to better control shot shape. It was apparent again today that the F1 is a beast of a shaft! I was hitting some bombs that seemed to roll forever! On 2 par 5s I reached an area that I haven’t been able to which allowed me to reach both of them in 2! It is definitely lower spin than my Diamana BF. I did however hit a couple drives that seemed to knuckleball and fall out of the sky. Those were due to strike on the face of course. Overall I’m really enjoying this shaft!

My findings were similar this weekend, a ton of roll!

Callaway Paradym 9* PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 60 6.0

Callaway Paradym 15* - PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 70 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 3 HB 20* - Tensei White 85 S

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW - DG 105 S300

Vokey SM9 50* - 54* - 58* - TT Wedge 

Odyssey White Hot OG 2 Ball

Titleist ProV1

Mini-update:

I finally got the shaft cut down to my specs. It was 45.5" installed into my Mavrik SZ and weighed in at E0. Got it back to my specs at 44.5" and D4. Swung it pretty well. I didn't experience the roll out because I am in Southern California and we have been getting some crazy rain. Courses have been cart path only and balls aren't rolling out.

I do feel the club is better to swing and am encouraged!

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

This has to be the nicest looking shaft ever!!

I have been looking like crazy trying to find this shaft here in Scandinavia but no luck. Really want to give this a go, season starts in a couple of weeks.

I have the px hzrdus yellow now but I love fuji shafts. Always have the best feel in my hands. Anybody tried the f1 vs the f3?

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

My review is up there of the F3, what questions can I help answer for you?

F1 is stiffer in the handle and middle section of the shaft. F3 is going to launch higher, all things being equal. Both have great feel, in my opinion. I'm hoping to have access to my studio (coronavirus has shut down the building) soon so I can gather data on most of the Fujikura line. I'll post that as soon as I can.

So I’ve got a few more rounds in with my F1. It is a bomber of a shaft for sure but I’m feeling it is a touch to low spin for me. I’m having a hard time keeping it off the right side of the course. I just got a SIM Max to try it in. Maybe that will work a little better than my M3 440. I’ll find out tomorrow.

So if your needing low spin and a great feeling shaft, the F1 should be on your short list!

• 1 month later...

The SIM and the SIM Max ended up being a flop for me with any shaft. I could not keep them from going right. I have a M5 driver in test now and will be tossing the F1 in there for another go on Monday. I think it could be a killer combo if I can get the weights set up right. Looking forward to it!!

• 1 month later...

can anyone compare the Motore X to the Tensei Pro Orange? I'm looking for similar spin but just slightly higher launch without going draw bias.

And how much difference is there between the f1 and f3?? i've seen launch monitor data from these shafts on pluggedin and TXG. Seems like the f1 and f3 have very similar launch, spin, and distance numbers, with the f3 being more prone to turning over a bit more. But the higher launch seems very minimal.

image.png

image.png

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

I will get you a measurement in a few.

So I’ve had the F1 7x in play for a few rounds now in my M5 driver. I though maybe it was just a fluke round but it’s been consistently longer and straighter for me than any other shaft I’m my arsenal. It does not feel as smooth as my diamana shafts but the performance gains make that irrelevant! The ball just seems to jump off the face of the driver with more speed when paired with the F1. Loving it so far!