Titleist T200, King Forged Tec 2020 or PXG 0211

Dpavs

I did not do a comparison but got the T200 on Monday and played 4 rounds since. Love them. Traded in a 585/785 combo set and these give more distance (lofts stronger) and plenty forgiving.. Bad news is they just closed the golf course this morning until the crisis passes.

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 6-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping Glide 3.0 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

Where the shaft question is coming from is that I am gravitating towards graphite this time as I am looking to ease the affects on my hands, elbows, wrist.. pretty much typical getting a bit older stuff. I've tried recoils and the project x LZ's and didn't care for either one in an iron. I've heard really good things about the Accra but have not been able to try them, tried the Steel Fibers a couple of years ago and thought they were ok but I was not impressed enough to drop the cash on them at the time and stuck with metal shafts. During my last few fittings I have fit well into the Modus 105S (current shafts), or KBS Tour 90, so perhaps the closer I could come to the characteristics of one of those the better? Swing speed is right around 80 mph with a 7 iron. Tempo is fairly smooth when I am swinging well.

Pretty big differences between these.

You know, I never went for Titleist irons, never liked the AP2, but I have come around with the T100 and T200. Beautiful irons.

Of your finalists, I would go T200. I think they nailed the profile for thIs club category. Much more similar to the T100 than it is to the T300, and that’s a good thing. A players club with some pop. Looks nice at address. IMO among the best recent releases.

I didn’t care for the 0211 (did buy a 6 iron and sold it a few months later.) Long blade length didn’t suit me. Felt good, not great. To me the Ping i200/i210 are far better.

Cobra Forged Tec is really in another category. Of the hollow heads it is the look and profile I like most (edges Mizuno HMB) but I would be unlikely to buy it over the T200 if it were down to those two. The Forged Tec more competes with the T300, which I don’t like the look of. Seems massive.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I went with the Forged Tec 20's over the 0211's. While I think the 0211's were slightly softer feeling I did not like the heel to toe length. Too long to my eye. Just a personal preference. Not really much in it as far as performance. Can't speak on the Titleist. Never owned a set...yet.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

For me, I would say that forgiveness is pretty comparable, but the edge in distance goes to Cobra. Again, dispersion was pretty close but I don’t Particularly care for the progressive setup in the 0211. The 4,5, and 6 irons looked really big at address. The 0211 feel fine, but nothing special either good or bad. The Cobras have a distinctive feel.....maybe a little like the SIM driver feel. Solid and hot.

Both are good sets and I wouldn’t hesitate to play either. I don’t think there’s enough of a difference in performance to make one a clear choice so I’d probably Just go with the set that you want on the bag....both are winners

I tested all three and ended up with the 0211 with Accra i80 shafts. I came from Miuras, elbow issues last year and had to go graphite. Really love the Accras.

T200 were really nice also, just not as forgiving and the 0211 feel better (to me).

Cobras I didn't like at all, spinning too low for me and a lot of crazy front-to-back dispersion numbers.

But you said a shaft you fit into was a KBS Tour 90. Not that much difference. I don’t think you need to worry about matching graphite shaft weight to steel shaft weight that much.

With your swing speed, try the Steelfiber 95 Regular. Hard saying without knowing more about your swing. Definitely need to try a few shafts to see what fits.

I bought and sold a set of T200’s. Something about the hosel shaping from 7 to PW I just didn’t like. They felt ok, performance was ok, they were long, I was coming from a set of 712 AP1’s. I would have needed 2 gap wedges on the bottom end.

First, thanks for posting!

The tour 90 stiff is the shaft I had been fit in to and used in the past. That shaft actually comes in at 102g which is close to the Modus 105's (106.5g) in mass. When I have tried to use lighter shafts in the past below 95g's I seem to lose some control (i.e., more so than usual) and that is my worry with the lighter weight graphite shafts.

Boy, I sure do agree it would be great to be able to try out the shafts, but it's just not a realistic option for me due to local availability and with all else going on right now.

• Like 1

After considering a number of things I decided to give the 0211's a whirl given I was kind of leaning that way anyway and the current $95-$120 pricing. I talked to a PXG fitter over the phone and explained my fitting experiences and shaft choices and the difficulty I had with trying lighter graphite shafts in the past and they also initially suggested the Steel Fiber i95 regular.

After a bit more conversation we arrived at the i95 soft stepped once as something that will likely be a good fit. The Accra i90 stiff would have been the next best choice. They also let me know about the PXG 30 day play-ability guarantee, so if the shaft does not work out for any reason, during the first 30 days PXG will swap it out for the Accra or any another they offer in the 0211. In my book, they are pretty hard to beat at $120 per stick with (or without?) the play-ability guarantee.

• Like 1

IMO, they are impossible to beat at that price.

I played Miuras last year which I thought were the best, until I developed elbow issues. Over the off-season I tested every iron on the planet, literally. The 0211 were tops for me and the pricing is actually cheaper than most other OEMs now. The most shocking thing is the feel. I don't know how they can feel better than a Japanese forged iron, but they do.

Checked the Cobra website & the 7 iron is 29.5 degrees - not 27 degrees. Still strong but not crazy strong.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

I did a similar comparison between the T200, Callaway Apex Smoke and Forge Tec's. Soon as I saw the T200 in person I tossed them out. Just didnt care for the look but my guess they are still nice irons. I actually ordered a set of both the Forge Tec and the Apex Smoke to a head to head. I prefer the overall performance of the Cobras - They're long, feel good, look good and for what I wanted to see on the ground they look like you cant miss. Just a little long heel to toe than the Apex. The players distance irons are where its at right now, so many great choices.

I would tend to agree that there are some much better offerings in that category now. I also think there is some really good tech going on with all the newer hollow body iron designs. IMO they present a nice balance between distance, play-ability and forgiveness. Feel is of course a separate topic and can be fairly subjective even.

I have all of these except t200. 2020 forged tec. 0211. also 919 hmpro and mp20 hmb. i have hmb in the bag (ordered 1 strong to match 0211), but fluctuate back and forth. i love 0211, the blade length is a little longer but the topline is nice and thin. and they feel softer than most forged clubs.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

I have T200 but I’ve never played the other irons so I have no input on those. As far as the T200, they’re worth the money. Not only do they look great but they play even better.

You could also check out the T100S irons. Very close to the T200 lofts with a skinnier profile. I might make the switch.

I use to play graphite irons in my Japanese TX-V irons and I loved them. When I made the switch to steal, it took a few rounds to get use to them but I’m enjoying them now. I’m only 33 so obviously no issues with steal for now. When I hit 60, I’ll probably make the switch back to graphite for the weight and vibration savings.

TXG did a review awhile back on steal vs graphite and graphite is an excellent option. Now more than ever.

Curious about a comparison of the T200 vs T100-S as well. I tried the T200 when they first came out but went with the P790 instead due mostly to looks. Recently picked up the T100-S and I am thinking they might be what I was looking for with the T200 that I couldn't along with. Less offset and slightly thinner but similar lofts... probably less forgiving but I am learning its hard to really determine what that means person to person.

• Dpavs locked this topic