Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

One thing that has been obvious from the start of this crisis is it does not matter which country you look at, the leaders are bloody useless. They have bumbled around making half hearted statements, taking directions from people that change their minds on a daily basis and have no idea where to go next.

I know this is unprecedented but at least you would think there would be some prior thought before the public announcements, it’s as if they stand up and open their mouths without a clue what they are going to say.

our own leader bumbles on at his daily press conference telling us once again how good he is by doing what he has, being condescending by telling us what good children we have been, then takes a minute or two to give another direction that we have to follow leaving everyone one completely confused. Not only that but watching him, he is falling apart and the opposition has gone into hibernation.

stay safe Grillers, it looks as if we as the public are on our own. We have taken our own lives in our own hands. We are doing what we think is required for us to survive because as far as our leaders are concerned another death in only a statistic and an unfortunate consequence of some thing that was not their fault. When this ends, however it is going to end, the world will be a completely different place, they are talking about when we get back to normal, but there will never again be a normal as we knew it.

Sorry for the doom and gloom post but we are thoroughly pissed at the inadequacies of our so called leaders.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I was going to ask @Conrad1953 to have a game for me also, but I guess I've missed out on that opportunity also. The message that is being hinted at with increasing regularity is that we will be locked down like this until July at the earliest. The best I can figure is that the goal is to manage the pandemic to the healthcare resources that are available and to allow enough time to increase supply of essential goods and build/set-up suitable overflow.
There is a web site up here that rolled out on the weekend that creates a heat map of COVID-19 cases based on user feedback that have completed a small straight forward survey. It's not official or even accurate, but it does give a picture of where the hot spots are and how it's spreading. Apparently an 18 year old built this thing in a weekend. From that I can see that there were 47 confirmed cases in our county/region. Like Conrad, I'm hard pressed to know where they might be because I don't know of any in my small town or either of the neighbouring towns.
The biggest problems seem to be occurring in nursing homes as apparently there are over 600 such facilities in the country that have active cases and these are usually fatal. The situation is not good in Toronto either as they are quickly getting to the breaking point with hospital capacity and are running short of essential personal protective equipment.
I've got to the point that I restrict my news gathering activities to perhaps one TV program a day and I'm not spending anytime now reading stuff online. It's conflicting and argumentative in many cases depending upon one's point-of-view. Far too many people can't understand why a simple total lockdown for two weeks won't kill it. Epidemiology is a very complex subject for the lay person to understand and even then most folks don't really understand how the political overlay and law making process works when it comes to enacting extreme measures such as that.
They still claim that there isn't enough buy-in with the measures at this point. I'm not seeing that, but I don't live in a major metropolitan area, so the situation could well be different there although one individual pointed out that it may not be as bad as it appears without the benefit of accurate statistical measurements which I would concur with.
I'm finding that the distancing requirement while inconvenient isn't that difficult to cope with, but then again, I've always been a bit of a loner. I certainly do miss being able to golf and it's not looking like that will be happening anytime soon.

• Like 3

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

July seems so far away. I sure hope this doesn't keep us stowed away that long. Our governor is really hesitant to shut down any more

than she has thus far yet the 4 states surrounding us (GA, TN, MS and FL) all have some form of stay at home order in effect. Alabama

is now an island surrounded by stay at home states.

• Like 3

The Australian government has now declared golf as one of the non essential activities and as such cannot be played until further notice. Fishing is also banned.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We are lucky being an island with a relatively small population. The government missed the boat initially by underestimating how many people were coming in to Australia already infected, particularly one cruise ship that the captain said was clear, no one checked and allowed over 3000 on shore, this is now the starting point for the greater majority of infections and deaths. We are good compared to you poor people, infection rates are down because the local authorities have made a point of finding contacts and testing them, we have the highest testing rate in the world and it is working. The frustrating bit really is the idiots in the highest infected area in Sydney, which is also the highest in Australia, totally ignoring direction by clogging up the beaches, having house parties etc. There are laws now in place but they seem reluctant to enforce them, break the law on this one should be an automatic fine. Those going out in there cars to parties I would confiscate them and crush them as we do with hoons. Unfortunately the main result of ignoring this is death, not only yourself but all the others you could infect.

At a press conference today a reporter asked if the government is going too far with restrictions because is it correct to possibly ruin the economy when most of the victims from this will be old people who no longer contribute. The answer was not the one I would have given.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Gardening which I can now do is down to hand weeding. We have several types of ants all hiding under the split log borders, most of them can sting a little that cannot really be felt but there is one to steer clear of, the green ant. This is a fairly large black ant with a beautiful bottle green coloured head, if this gets a good hold and gives a good sting it takes around two minutes to start feeling it then watch out. The pain is as bad as anything you could imagine and no matter what you put on it it does not go away, you have it for at least a hour. Lucky today, caught one out to start, only got a small sting in before I knocked it off, small stinging but still here two hours later. When we first moved here, we were told about them but did not quite believe it, my first sting was when one was under the strap of some sandals, taught me a very painful lesson, listen to the locals.

The joys of an Australian garden.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

At a press conference today a reporter asked if the government is going too far with restrictions because is it correct to possibly ruin the economy when most of the victims from this will be old people who no longer contribute. The answer was not the one I would have given.Well that is a concern. The cost that this pandemic will extract economically is likely to be far greater than the toll in lives and last far longer. I'm sure that's why we have a bit of a balancing act going on between fighting the virus and trying to keep or economy on life support because if the economy collapses we will have much, much worse problems.

The one misconception about all of this is that this disease is a disease of old people. That's simply not the case. In fact, it's proving out to be quite the opposite because in Canada the vast majority of cases are between 19-59. The 60+ cohort are in the minority. The reason that seniors are getting singled out here is because the death rate is so much higher than in the younger groups. What is becoming clear is that the groups that have been singled out as bad actors for flaunting restrictions are the very same groups of individuals with the highest infection rate. These people are the sources of the spread. Those that take a lackadaisical approach to distancing and congregating. They also probably take the same approach with sanitation because they are impervious to this disease in their minds.

My Grandma always used to say that idle hands are the devil's workshop. With so many businesses shut down during this pandemic there are a lot of folks sitting at home with nothing to do and they're probably thinking oh, I'll just go here or do that. No one will notice and what harm would that do anyway. It's becoming apparent that it does quite a bit (of harm).

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Excellent post, sums up my thoughts perfectly. The same in Australia many younger people not surviving and I think it’s because they consider themselves immune so take no precautions. A long way to go before this is finished

on the topic of the devils hands, most of these people were not working anyway, most of those that are now out of work because of it are looking for alternative employment and in Australia at least those businesses that require more staff such as the larger food stores are taking on those recently dropped as a priority. It’s the beach brigade and back packers that are causing the most trouble here.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You've probably seen the posts on Facebook decrying; Don't be a Covidiot! We've all got covidiots to deal with...

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

That is something I have never ever done and do not know how to do, go on Facebook. For some reason it has never grabbed my attention mainly because I see all that personal information people write about and do not want to know, too much information.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I never had one and never will--- Now my wife had one and deleted hers about 2 years ago

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

They put new rules concerning golf courses here in effect Wednesday. We have to go a single person to a cart and we can not congregate anywhere even in the parking lot. Supposedly SLED ( State Law Enforcement Division) busted a upscale club here ( Barefoot Landing) for members congregating OUTSIDE on an open patio and issued a citation. Of course I offered to bet my GM / Co Owner $100 the citation would get thrown out of court before Monday. Too many big wheel members there,and lawyers He would not take the bet because he knows it is true. I tried to bet him the SLED officer may not have a job Monday. IMHO now they are going too far. I mean there are plenty of out of state tags running around here and they are not supposed to be here. I bet they are congregating by the droves in the crack houses around town and in the county. So as of today the Dog Fight is members only and the putting green and range are closed. I guess I better not gripe too much at least I am playing.

• Like 3

That’s our problem, law abiding citizens are being harasses and the idiots are hooning round as usual. Very few fines issued apart from one large one at an illegal brothel?. Golf courses are supposed to be closed, some are ignoring that, and only registered businesses can go fishing, recreation angling is banned.

We have had the single person to a cart for weeks and every cart is sanitised after every use.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Not to make it political but what grinds my gears is we have LE officers writing letters to the Governor stating gun stores and ranges--outdoor included--should be allowed to reopen. Governor's office refuses to respond.

We have golf courses--public, private, and municipal--writing letters to the Governor stating golf courses and ranges should be allowed to reopen. Governor's office refuses to respond.

Meanwhile, there is NO RESTRICTION on the gigantic homeless/drifter population up here from going wherever they want, whenever they want, because they have "no place to go" yet the gov has essentially taken over an events center in Seattle to build a field hospital 'just in case'.....it's empty, fwiw.

Meanwhile, there are medical centers within a 50 miles as a crow flies range of Seattle, sending workers home early because there are no patients, even though we are supposed to be one of the red zones for the crisis pandemic in the country......

I can't wrap my head around it. off soapbox,

I spent the day organizing my garage. It appears I'll be spending the rest of the weekend doing that as well. #hoarder. Stay safe and well, everyone

• Like 2
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Mixed messages indeed, in Sydney the beaches are full hundreds out and about flouting the rules and nothing is being done, but a man eating a kebab on a park bench no where near anyone was fined $130, no sense being used in enforcing the rules. The part of a Sydney is also the worst region for positives and deaths.

In Brisbane they are still running farmers markets, one was on this morning, dozens of small stalls close together and hundreds of people there mixing as if nothing is wrong, and where are the police, don’t know must be on leave.

Untill the rules are enforced equally all round nothing will change.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

What brought a lot down on us was last weekend College punks on spring break. They were urged not to come down but they did anyhow. They were told not to congregate in groups larger than 6 but no. When they were somewhat ran off the beach they rented those party boats and tied up with other boats with groups of 40 or more. The County Police did issue several citations from what I have heard. Our Governor had no other choice. Monday he closed all the motels here and cancelled all reservations. He also had all public boat ramps and the beach access closed. . I can not figure out with the restrictions at the golf course Wal Mart is full and so is Home Depot and no one says anything. I did get a letter at my company stating I am an essential employee and we are a essential business to let me pass. Of course if I am in the truck local authorities including the Gov have no say so because we are operating under Federal Interstate Authority. What I can not figure out is why we are a essential business because no one at the steel mills is buying scrap steel. I guess we are essential to the crackheads and drunks selling scrap to buy their alcohol or drugs with. And yes I am retired but will drive a couple of days part time and work maybe 18 to 20 hrs a week.

• Like 2

I can tell you why your Gov does not want the gun stores open. Folks in your neck of the woods are rednecks just like us and he fears a well armed mob when folks get tired of all of this BS and to decide to do what they want to do regardless of what authorities say. LE backing the people on that is puzzling to me. But then again cops are human too and they are more than likely tired of trying to enforce stupid rules too.

• Like 2

They have closed all the gun stores in Australia, there was a sudden surge in sales last week so closed they are. There is also a restriction of purchasing alcohol, in the paper this week was a stupid looking individual boasting about his car full of cartons of beer just purchased with his job saver cash, a special free payment from the government to ensure those on reduced hours have enough to survive. It’s this sort of action that makes the powers that be think twice about helping us financially.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

To be honest, I've more or less put golf out of my mind at this point. It seems strange to say that and still come here daily to see what y'all have to say, but we need to keep our connections with our friends and that's what I consider each and every one of you.

I don't realistically see golf as an option up here until they begin to loosen restrictions to parks, beaches and green space. Considering that they are still tightening, that's going to be a ways off. Perhaps a long ways off...

I've been having a bit of trouble with my back lately and I think that has likely to do with a lack of exercise. Some of my walking routs have been impacted by park closures so I'm not getting out as much as I need to. I'm thinking about what I might need to do to do a bit of gardening and while I've been working away at that some, there really isn't much to do because of the renovation late last year.

I've got our bikes out and serviced now so that they are ready to go and I'm hopeful that will become my one outlet in this time even if I have to resort to road riding. It's not great, but that's all I can do. That prospect was much easier out on the farm with rural roads than it is in town, but we will see how that goes.

The redecorating project is also likely on hold for the time being because we won't be able to get any flooring done. We could do the painting, but it's probably better to leave things as is until there's greater clarity going forward.

Stay well my friends and I pray that you and your loved ones all make it through this difficult time safely.

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I walked my home course today. I am not sure if I am supposed to do that, but the entire place was deserted...kind of eerie. We have had so much rain though and the course is soaked...plus windchills are in the mid-30s...I couldn't play anyway. I did find four premium golf balls, lol. I saw a lot more balls but couldn't get to them.

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)