Random Bandon Thread

buzlin

The update page on the resort site still has them reopening on Apr 6. That seems optimistic to me. The executive order in the town of Bandon extends through May 1, and I would assume the resort would want to stay more or less in line with that, even though I think they are outside the reach of the city's jurisdiction.

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/covid-19

• Like 1

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

^Maybe they will stagger their closure updates to try and stop folks from flooding the reservations line? And also to maybe have a steady cadence of refunds going out, instead of a huge lump at once?

Obviously I have no clue, just from an operational POV it would flatten their own curve, so to speak.

I will say - apart from the courses themselves - the one top notch constant at Bandon for me over the years is the reservation ladies. They've always been awesome and now I'm sure they are really busy and they're just as polite and professional as ever.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Complete agreement on the reservation agents, always so helpful and polite. I spoke to them twice this week after the April disappointment and was able to get a reservation for August with preferred room in the lodge and 6 rounds, they really can work wonders.

I've always gone in March-May, anything I should be aware of or make special preps for in August? Kind of excited for a late summer trip but am wondering if my normal cold/wet weather Bandon gear I've accumulated the past 5 years is unnecessary.

Anyone know how they are enforcing the cancellation policy? We are due to arrive on April 29 and they normally have a 30 day cancellation requirement. We still want to go but obviously there is a lot of uncertainty right now. Are they relaxing the cancellation policy? We hope to make a final decision on the trip in Mid-April.

This is what I received when I asked about the cancellation policy.

Dear Mr. Lin,

Thank you for your email. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us. We are re-assessing the COVID-19 situation on a daily basis and currently have a plan in place for all guests who are quickly approaching or have passed their cancellation deadline. 

For these guests there will be no cancellation penalty. We can rebook your reservation for a later date and we are booking through 2021. 2021 is filling up quickly so we encourage you to choose this option. If you are unable to rebook your reservation at this time, we can offer a full refund of your deposit.

If you are outside our standard cancellation policy, you can still cancel and receive a full refund of your deposit. It is too early for us to make a determination about reservations more than 30 days prior to arrival at this time but again, we will be re-assessing the situation daily.

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

Indeed! Ask anyone expecting a child ;-)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Positive random. Arrived last night. Players4 StaDry unbranded, bar that one logo on the ball pocket

IVV6I4DBLL61.jpg

• Like 1

F.T.

@buzlin - Ha! That's from the vegan range - no cows were harmed for those synthetics. It was funny at Swinley the guy gave me a fiver off just because. I switched to an Anser in October from a #7, so I have no good putter covers, it lets the rest down.@jrg75 - Yes sir. I have a couple pieces of leadtape on them, so that would be why they look a bit different. I put graphite shafts in them years ago because elbow and eff me, all I did was wreck the steel setup, so they've sat since then, until my last preCovid round and they defiitely feel a bit better but might need another strip@gambit - Ya in the East Bay. That Linksoul/Travis Matthew shop thing didn't work out, so now they have plain 'ol covers that don't cost a shedload I picked one up.

F.T.

Duff, the Bandon covers for the answer style with the magnetic closure are sweet. same one that poppy, pasa, and many other courses use. they're awesome. thinking a sheep ranch cover is in your future.

No cows? so your time in Texas didn't sway you?

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

Due to a bag thread on here I was wondering what the '18/'19 StaDrys were going for now (Of course I have the identical bag to what I just bought -debadging and logo aside) and stumbled upon this one on eBay. The fella based in Georgia did get it there as a custom order. Maybe he bought it for a trip or there, doesn't play in rain, and sold it. It's in great nick and likely doesn't have the 120ish rounds mine has on it :-) Total fluke timing, really just asking to be bought.

Ah man if I get a Bandon putter cover, then I'm looking like a tourist ;-) Funnily enough our canceled trip was to start tomorrow and I was going to get one of those covers when I was up there, before the bag purchase happened.

Reckon as they're a public/private partnership Alameda is going to have to tow the official line maybe even more so than others? I've given up guessing on reopens, when it happens it'll be a pleasant surprise!

F.T.

Wind comes from the other direction in the summer is the biggest change. If you've been going one time a year, its a bit shocking to suddenly be downwind on the traditional beast holes you are used to. I had been 5 times in the late fall, and suddenly having it come the other way, man it threw me off.

Clothing all depends on the day and person. I played in shorts and a polo (im Canadian), and we were paired with two guys from Phoenix who had enough layers to resemble the Michelin man.

By the time the wind dries everything out in the afternoon, it just goes forever there in the summer. A solid 10-20% more roll than offseason golf.

Fingers crossed you get to go, Ive got late June planned and im praying everyday.

Thanks, fingers crossed for your trip in June as well.

I was supposed to fly out this Saturday for a April 26 arrival so I'm definitely feeling the pain this week. I know I shouldn't be doing it but I've been watching course cameras and weather forecast and lamenting my cancellation as the conditions look fantastic.

Great advice on the wind, I've been lucky enough to play as early as mid March and as late as early June and experienced the wind from both prevailing directions. I'm guessing the winds shifts around April.

You are so right, courses can play completely different and it can throw you off if you're not ready. I remember my first trip in March and playing 4th at Old Mac in a 30 mph head wind thinking how in the world did they route a 480 yd par 4 directly into the prevailing wind. Took driver, 3 hybrid and full gap wedge to get near the green. Next time I played the wind was complete opposite, 30 mph tail wind and I realized the genius of the hole. Took driver, pitching wedge to get home. I personally love playing the Bandon courses in the wind (less than gale force), they have so much character as you fight the elements.