MEMBER REVIEWS: ALDILA ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. Testing Thread! Read member reviews here!

I don't know much about the RIPx. However, it is being said that the TX version of the Rogue White is similar to a Tour Green/Rogue Silver and the non TX flex shafts are similar to a Tour Blue. See the link below.

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/aldila-rogue-130msi-white-golf-shaft-review/

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

I seen some comments on the profile of the Aldila Rogue White. So I think its important to know that the Stock and TX are Different Profiles. If you want to test the shafts, compare the Aldila Rogue White (non-tx) to Aldila Tour Blue in the same flex. With the TX compare it to Aldila Tour Green TX profile. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone who was curious.

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff all around.  I've got a white 70X I'm planning on putting in my 3 wood and possibly a 60X for my driver.  I see they make an 80 as well.  Anyone swung that log?   Anyone put the white (non TX) up against the BF?

Looking for some additional clarification on tip to graphics measurement.  One post says 24 1/8 to flex is untipped and another says 27 to E.  These contradict each other yet mention reputable sources.  27 to E would be 24 5/8 to the flex.  Following both of these one says my 70X is tipped an inch and the other says it tipped .5.  I was planning on taking another .5 off the tip but am a little skeptical if that's going to leave it tipped 1.5.  Any info would help! 

Grant

Driver: Stealth 2+ 10.5° TR Black 6S Tipped 1”.

Fairways: Stealth 2+ 16.5° at 15° 1K Black 75S Tipped 1”. 
Stealth + 19° 1K Black 85S Tipped 1.5”.

Irons: ZX7 MKII 4-6, Z-Forged II 7-PW Modus 120S.

WedgesRTX6 50, 54, 58 Modus 125S.

Putter: White Hot Versa Double Wide.

Ball: Z-Star Diamond.

I have the white 70TX in my sim max and for now the black 70TX in my sim 3w. I am part of the testing group and so far I love them both! The silver was a bit too low spin and launching for me. I went with 1” tipping on them all so that might be why the silver is a bit too low/low for me. I’m most likely going to pick up a black 80TX for my 3w, but so far the 70TX is working great. I wish I could post some numbers but with COVID I can’t get access to a monitor.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Go with the White for the driver. So smooooorh and roght. Very good shaft for the driver. White could even be a good fairway shaft too.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I have hit the Silver 125 only in demo drivers numerous times and it was stout to me. The White is much more smooth.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Is this the same Rogue white 60 that is available as a stock option for the Mavrik? If so can anyone comment on the swing speed baseline for the stiff flex? I am between 98-102.....I have not been able to demo it as my shop ha sit loaned out and now the range has been closed

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

Yes it is. The White TX version is not available through Callaway though. That's a tour model. The regular White is a very solid stock offering. Unfortunately based on swing speed alone it's hard to say what would and wouldn't work for you, but at 98-102 stiff would be a good starting point.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Tried the non-Tour White. Didn't get along with it at all. Lost 10-15 yards in the driver.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered retail version 60x.

Good feedback on how it compares to tx version.

I also asked Aldila a few questions about tipping to get the retail version to perform where I want it, so we can add another data point.

I should have it build up and ready to rock for the weekend and I'll post my thoughts after my first round with it.

Currently using 125 msi silver in 60tx.

Retail 60x build up last night...tipped 1/2". Balance point is definitely higher than my 125 silver...interesting.

R&D session about to begin in the backyard practice net to mess with head weight. It's sitting at C9 with 8g in head now. Hoping I can get all the way up to 18g weight without losing too much speed to get smash up

BPNHCZVHZ2T8.jpeg

• Like 1

I've played my new setup with the Rogue White for 4 rounds now...3 grips, 3 weights and another butt trim later. This is the retail 60x in a 2017 M2. Driver ss is ~115. I'm coming from 125 msi Rogue Silver 60tx untipped at 44.75. I loved the dispersion and really tight feel but wanted a hair more kick, higher flight and less stiff feel. I knew I was giving up distance for dispersion with it.

I first set the white up at 45.25 tipped 1/2" and played around with D0-D3. Felt good but like I wanted to tip it another 1/2". Felt like I couldn't really give it full throttle. Great feel, really nice noticeable kick, and good distance and dispersion. Overall feeling was good but I wanted more out of it. Already better than silver was for me.

Cut it down to 44.75 and Hooooly F! This thing really came to life! You could stop here and know that it's the best performing shaft I've ever used. I've been a golf whore for 30 yrs.

The shaft really tightened up after butt trimming to 44.75. Felt like it was tipped another 1/2" but flight actually went up a little to a perfect launch angle because contact was so much better and timing was good. I have it at D2 now.

Shaft has a subtle but powerful load. It feels equally as tight as the Rogue silver but with more feel. Flight is med/perfect for me and has been lowish with most tighter whiteboardish shafts. Spin is definitely low as I've been in some heavy winds and it's piercing. This shaft is really incredible and perfect. I'm in love.

It was 40 degrees tonight and I hit some bombs into warm weather territory...made me smile.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for anymore comparisons between the retail X and TX.

I hit the Rogue Black TS yesterday and loved the feel, but the launch was higher than I would prefer. Came back here to discover the White and it seems be what I’m after. I just want to see if I can get away with the retail version and buy a cheaper Callaway pull.

Well, I can only say this and maybe it will help.

The retail version is different that the tour version. Tour has more of the exotic materials. Will produce lower launch and spin.

Having said that the retail may very well work for you. Unfortunately only way to really know for sure is to try it.

If you've read this thread you've seen my praise of the tx shaft. I've still only played once or twice but hit it many times at the range. It's the most accurate shaft I've hit. I was even able to loft up a bit to get more Carey distance.

Wanted to chime in as one of the original testers as an update for me. Fortunately there has been no shut down because of COVID for me. I have continued to play three days a week prior to daylight savings and four days per week once daylight savings arrived. The Rogue White is still going strong. I spent quite a bit of time, effort, and money dialing in my iron shafts so my club efforts have been focused there. Thankfully that has come to a conclusion and about two weeks ago I started thinking that maybe it's time to look at a driver as the M4 is getting quite old. However, I have been driving the ball as good as I ever have with my current set up. Thank You Aldila.

I took a SIM Max off the fitting cart at my club and added lead tape until it became the exact headweight as my M4. I played two rounds with it last weekend. It wasn't good, very spinny and lost quite a few shots left with it. So I thought for this past Tuesday's round I would put the Roque Silver in the SIM Max head thinking that I could use lower spin with the SIM Max head. I couldn't hit fairways with it, it was all over the place. On the 15 & 18th holes I brought out the M4 with the Rogue White and striped it down the center each time. I'm thinking for me the M4 is some type of magical combo that is going to be very tough to beat. Next I'll take out a regular SIM head and see what happens. I am also thinking that a G410 LST (or even Plus depending on my spin numbers) with a Rogue White would be fun to test. Either way I would be very surprised if my next driver (if I can find one to dethrone the M4) doesn't have a Roque White in it. I can see this shaft staying with me for a very long time.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Rogue Silver in TX version in my driver 70 TX and 80TX in 3-wood. Too stiff vs the label. I’m a 110 SSpeed and aggressive transition. Didn’t agree at all. Switched to the 70TS in the driver and it’s awesome. Probably feels more like a true X shaft whereas the TX is super stout.

Tried the Rogue White in stiff for 3-Wd tipped 1.25” and it’s all over the map. The feel is great, but I can’t stop the lefts.

Is there a 80 TS version in the White? Is this White Rogue shaft just not as stout as the Silver 130? What would a good match be for my Silver 70TS be in the White? The 80X White or 80 TS or TX? Thanks.

Can anyone confirm the White 60TX is stiffer then the regular 60X? I usually play a S tipped so thought the Silver 60TS would be perfect. Loved the trajectory but was a little squirrelly. The White 60s tipped was squirrelly as well and surprisingly the White 60x gave me the best results. Just wish it had a lower traj and wondering how much stiffer the 60TX really is.

Hit it around 280-290 and SS is around 110-115. I think it's the way I load the shaft, smoother transition and not violent. If I don't take a good cut, it seems to go straight left for me. Almost as if the head outraces my hands. Then when I take a quicker swing, my results get squirrelly. The White gives me better results with my natural swing but trajectory is higher than I prefer.

• 3 weeks later...

Even the balance points are different in the X and TX. TX has less torque, stiffer tip and more overall stability, along with a slightly more counterbanced balance point. The X is basically just a little more friendly version of the TX. TX was the first flex made and made for Tour speeds, where the rest of the flexes are backed off so the public finds it more user friendly. All flexes are made with the same materials and one is not inferior to the other. Play the one that best suits you.