2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Golfholics-Bandon Dunes Resort

soregongolfer

I've really been enjoying them. They're easily the most in-depth visuals of the courses that you can get probably anywhere outside of Bandon's website. They just started on the Old Mac videos and boy it looks great. I was just there a couple weeks ago but the fescue makes the course look even better than in the couple pictures I took and added on here.

Been watching these guys for the last year or so. Was very excited to hear they were doing a bandon trip. Its been an awesome watch so far for someone who hasn't been yet but will more than likely make the trip in the next couple years.

Cobra LTDX 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0

Ping G400 17.5* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 

Taylormade SIM Max Hybrid 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S 

Mizuno MP69 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cleveland Zipcore 50* 54* 58* DG Tour Issue X100

Toulon San Diego

The coverage is fantastic. I appreciate when they say how deep bunkers are because you can't always tell on camera. I will say that either they don't listen to their caddies, have told them not to help, or have bad ones, as there seem to be some questionable plays/judgement. Hahahaha. What the h do I know.

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

> @buzlin said:

> The coverage is fantastic. I appreciate when they say how deep bunkers are because you can't always tell on camera. I will say that either they don't listen to their caddies, have told them not to help, or have bad ones, as there seem to be some questionable plays/judgement. Hahahaha. What the h do I know.

Both of the caddies play at Southwestern Oregon Community College. One of them is on his way to play at the University of Washington this fall. That says nothing about their suggestions, but a tidbit about them.

• Like 1

eh, the lack of research they did is pretty evident. Nothing about template set up for Old Mac, little commentary in regards to why the hole is structured a certain way, or relative background on anything. It's more, here is the course, watch me hit a shot. I'm guessing they're not known for in depth coverage like other smaller golf media groups (NLU) that showcase more than just them playing a full round but it all seems like frosting and no cake.

• Like 1

> @gregsmith2423 said:

> eh, the lack of research they did is pretty evident. Nothing about template set up for Old Mac, little commentary in regards to why the hole is structured a certain way, or relative background on anything. It's more, here is the course, watch me hit a shot. I'm guessing they're not known for in depth coverage like other smaller golf media groups (NLU) that showcase more than just them playing a full round but it all seems like frosting and no cake.

I actually thought the same thing when they were starting out the Bandon series, and I generally agree with you. It's nowhere near the level of architecture critique/appreciation that NLU would have, for example, but I'm really just treating it as a fun way to see the courses and some shots of people playing them. I remember finding out about their Bandon trip b/c they had posted some livestream they hosted before the trip and they were talking about how they were just gonna spend their whole time on the Punchbowl and how cool that was gonna be. Don't get me wrong the PB is awesome, but that's not why I go to Bandon. They also made some flat out wrong comments, but I forget what they were specifically. The production quality is actually quite good, IMO, but yeah in terms of in-depth stuff they're kind of lacking. Really just advertising these highly-ranked courses and giving people video of them.

Guys, this isn't a TV show. These are just two brothers who play different courses around the country and take video of their rounds. If you're looking for a TV show that shows golf, history, etc., this isn't it. It's a youtube channel for crying out loud.

> @soregongolfer said:

> Guys, this isn't a TV show. These are just two brothers who play different courses around the country and take video of their rounds. If you're looking for a TV show that shows golf, history, etc., this isn't it. It's a youtube channel for crying out loud.

Agree. This is how they showcase every round. Regardless of the course. Why should they deviate from their model that clearly works for them. They aren’t NLU, so why try to be them?

The fact that the videos highlight all 18 holes of the courses is great. Haven't really come across anything for Bandon like that. It's great, however, because it's Bandon. Someone called the coverage "fantastic" despite the videos eluding all intricacies of the resort most people learn before going to Bandon (Dream Golf/Mike Keiser articles) and/or while at Bandon. These aren't exactly "just two brothers" making a rough shot video. Most of their videos have over 100k in view, which is higher than most Golf Channel productions can say. I was simply highlighting that there was no substance to the great visuals.

> @gregsmith2423 said:

> The fact that the videos highlight all 18 holes of the courses is great. Haven't really come across anything for Bandon like that. It's great, however, because it's Bandon. Someone called the coverage "fantastic" despite the videos eluding all intricacies of the resort most people learn before going to Bandon (Dream Golf/Mike Keiser articles) and/or while at Bandon. These aren't exactly "just two brothers" making a rough shot video. Most of their videos have over 100k in view, which is higher than most Golf Channel productions can say. I was simply highlighting that there was no substance to the great visuals.

I would agree from that standpoint too. Not amazing video. But sticking to normal script and has done its job in showing viewers what to expect. Gave me great idea what to expect. And I’m ready to book a trip

Haha, yeah, I suppose I should qualify my strong positive view of their videos. I absolutely LOVE Bandon. I'll watch anything and everything about the place. I'm super easy to please. So for me, the way they shoot each tee box, present each approach and putt makes me feel like I'm playing alongside. The picture quality is also great for the most part. They could absolutely improve the substance and depth for sure, but as pure playing videos they're not bad.

Carry on!

• Like 1

G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M

Don’t get me wrong: I’m really enjoying their videos! I was actually surprised before my Bandon trip this year how little on-course/in-depth content there is about Bandon on YouTube. What they’re doing is great and the fact that they’re showing essentially their entire rounds for all 4 big courses is awesome. And like I said previously the production value is quite good!

So far I've watched the Bandon and Old Mac videos from start to finish and boy does it bring back some great memories. I'm glad they record so much, even the walks between holes sometimes, cause it really makes me feel like I'm there again.

As for the dialogue ...I find that I almost enjoy it more on mute. I get that they're not professional TV personalities but all the lame bro-speak got old, fast.

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

> It’s a FREE YouTube channel with stellar content. Maybe they don’t provide the same level of detail NLU does but different strokes right?

Perfectly true, different strokes for different folks. You may think it's stellar, I think it lacks pop.

Not sure why it being "free" (did you not have to watch ads?) means I can't criticize it. I don't feel inclined to like every free crisp given out at the grocer's. Just means I'll consume less of it.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone that has booked my first BD trip for next year, I have *loved* this series. Its fun. It has great camera shots. It lets me dream about my trip a little more. End of story.

> @newg33b said:

>It's nowhere near the level of architecture critique/appreciation that NLU would have

And thank god for this. As someone that watches a ton of YT golf content, I'm becoming so sick of the...bleeping obsession with critiquing the architecture of courses. Its hard for a lot of these guys to just go play golf anymore! Its like, how many ancient architecture history books can we read/quote from to sound cool, how many cool terms can we learn to look cool, how many ways can we blabber on about the XYZ feature of this course to look like our level of discourse is higher than anyone elses. Maybe its a spreading epidemic of ZacBlairBuckClub disease...

Yeah, sorry not sorry, but sometimes I just want to watch a good course vlog series and not have to obsess over the angling of the bunkers.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I saw that they were delayed in producing/editing the Trails videos. I wonder if they read our comments and are editing in some more content. Hahahaha. Now they'll have to re-edit due to DC's comments. Kidding. They'll begin posting them Monday.

G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M

> @dcmidnight said:

> As someone that has booked my first BD trip for next year, I have *loved* this series. Its fun. It has great camera shots. It lets me dream about my trip a little more. End of story.

>

> > @newg33b said:

> >It's nowhere near the level of architecture critique/appreciation that NLU would have

>

> And thank god for this. As someone that watches a ton of YT golf content, I'm becoming so sick of the...bleeping obsession with critiquing the architecture of courses. Its hard for a lot of these guys to just go play golf anymore! Its like, how many ancient architecture history books can we read/quote from to sound cool, how many cool terms can we learn to look cool, how many ways can we blabber on about the XYZ feature of this course to look like our level of discourse is higher than anyone elses. Maybe its a spreading epidemic of ZacBlairBuckClub disease...

>

> Yeah, sorry not sorry, but sometimes I just want to watch a good course vlog series and not have to obsess over the angling of the bunkers.

These guys are the opposite. "I've got 163. I'm going to hit a 6-iron." "I have 123 so i'm going to hit a wedge." "I have 185 into the wind. I've got 4-iron." Yawn

• 1 month later...

> @spud3 said:

> Generally agree with this; I like the shot-by-shot approach, but I do get tired of the repetitive banter/delivery.

>

> What exactly IS a "chippy seven-iron" and why does that guy seem to hit it on every hole?

You read my mind ... leave the "bunt cut 3-wood" to the pros. I don't understand Mike and Marko's need to add "ski" to every third word they say. They should feature Brian more as he has the best swing among them. But the video quality is superb.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

• 1 month later...

Headed there in August, 2020. I’ll be checking out the videos.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• 3 months later...

Stuck at home like many of us are so I decided to give some of these a watch (Bandon Dunes & Trails). I'd never heard of Golfholics previously, but I was definitely impressed with the video quality. It's a great way to see the courses and it feels like you are there to some degree. These guys can all play well also (compared to me, at least). I've got a trip planned to go back to Bandon in late June, but who knows if that's going to happen?

As some have mentioned, the "SoCal Golf Bro" stuff gets tiresome pretty much immediately. Everyone's got a silly nickname and we're supposed to remember who's who apparently, lots of comments like "that shot was crispy", etc. Also the main guy, Marko, made at least two references that they were in "Bend, Oregon" at Bandon Dunes in the videos I watched. I mean, I guess you can get confused between North Bend and Bend, but jeez, you should get that one right.

That said, the quality of the videos are great and if you want to see what they courses really look like and how they play, it would be hard to find content better than this out there. I'm definitely planning to watch the rest of their Bandon videos and check out some of the other places they have visited.

I forgot about the Bend/Bandon mixup right out of the gates. Reminds me of Riggs at Barstool, I can't stand the guy. You'd think for someone whose job is to go to world class golf locations, he'd at least do some cursory research into the course- where he's at, who the architect is, etc. but he seems to just BS his way through everything. Even with rock solid video content, when it's clear they don't know where they're at, makes me think those guys don't know how lucky they are to do that (even if just part time) for a living and loses me early. But- forgot all about this thread/their videos, solid reminder to serve as an escape right now.

Callaway Epic Speed- 8*

Callaway Rogue 5w

Srixon ZX7 3-PW

Titleist SM9- 50*, 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1