2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Cobra King SpeedZone & King SpeedZone Xtreme Driver Testing! Test Both Drivers!

BP0VG62MDH12.jpg

Are you a SpeedZone or SpeedZone Xtreme golfer? Well here is your chance to put them head-to-head and figure out what driver is best for you! That's right, four (4) testers chosen here are going to get BOTH the Cobra King SpeedZone and King SpeedZone Xtreme drivers to review and report back to the community! We want to know the differences and how each driver works for your swing! Apply now for your chance at this XTREMEME testing event!

ABOUT SpeedZone Driver

The SPEEDZONE Driver features a traditional shape with front to back CG adjustability and is perfect for those who like to work the ball and fine tune launch and spin without sacrificing forgiveness. Golf's first CNC Milled Infinity Face increases the milled area by 95% and expands the zone of maximum ball speed. A new T-Bar Speed Chassis reduces the amount of Titanium used in order to create a stronger frame that can withstand high speed collisions while improving feel and stability. 69 grams of mass is positioned as low as possible to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball for high launch with low spin.ABOUT SpeedZone Xtreme Driver

As the name states, the SPEEDZONE XTREME is designed for extreme speed, distance and forgiveness. A larger shape features a 6g interchangeable weight on the sole, and a fixed 17g tungsten weight in the back that achieve our highest MOI. Golf's first CNC Milled Infinity Face increases the milled area by 95% and expands the zone of maximum ball speed. A new T-Bar Speed Chassis reduces the amount of Titanium used in order to create a stronger frame that can withstand high speed collisions while improving feel and stability. 69 grams of mass is positioned as low as possible to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball for high launch with low spin.

TO APPLYGo to Cobra Golf's Website HERE

In a post below, answer the following:

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test?What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver?Do you adjust your drivers after buying?Current Driver Setup?Were you fit for that driver?Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?You must be a U.S. member in good standing and be able the drivers outdoors on course as well as on the range. GolfWRX and Cobra Golf will select the four (4) testers from the applicants and contact them via PM in about 2 weeks.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant not try for this one!!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? looks and feelDo you adjust your drivers after buying? some timesCurrent Driver Setup? SIM MAX 9 degree KBS TD category 5 shaftWere you fit for that driver? Yes, but by me. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!!

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? How light it is and workability Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? TM M5 10.5Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 S LHWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? AccuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? TaylorMade M6 9.0 / Evenflow Blue 6.0Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.0 xtra stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Accuracy and performance Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Very little Current Driver Setup? Callaway epic flash 9.0 tensei blue xstiff Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? It has to give better numbers over my current driver and be as forgiving.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? No, it has to ft my current swing to make the cut.Current Driver Setup? Ping G410 LST 9* turned down to 8* w/Ventus Black 6sWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? For Sure!!!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5* StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiving and good feel.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, I like to tinker with the loft sleeves.Current Driver Setup? Callaway Epic Flash 9* with a Project x Hazardous Handcrafted Yellow 6sWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? 100&

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Looks and comfortDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Depending on course conditions yesCurrent Driver Setup? Callaway mavrik SZ 10.5 with VR 6sWere you fit for that driver? No Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Without a doubt yes!!!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 degree XWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Feel, Look, ForgivenessDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, usually play around with shaftsCurrent Driver Setup? G410 LST Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.0 StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Sound and feel has to be right, assuming that the performance is equal to or better than what is currently in the bag.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes I like to switch it up based upon course conditions, what my swing is doing, etc.Current Driver Setup? TM M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60, stiff, 44.5"Were you fit for that driver? Kind of. I was for the head long ago and another shaft, but have since switched to my current shaftDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, of course.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? Speedzone 9* (left handed, Tour Length)What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Looks, Sound/Feel, price, forgiveness Do you adjust your drivers after buying? SometimesCurrent Driver Setup? SIM MAX, 9*, Accra Tour Z Xtreme 475 M5Were you fit for that driver? No, but I was fit into the shaftDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? SpeedZone 9 X flex, Tour lengthWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Consistency of ball flight, and no hook biasDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Ping G410 LST 9, Tensei Orange X 60Were you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron, ZX 5 MKii 5,6 irons  ZX7 MKii  7-PW KBS TGI 90

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Max 16 CB, 39 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 Stiff in bothWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Distance that doesn’t disregard forgiveness.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Generally yes. Current Driver Setup? Callaway Xr speed 10.5 set to 9.5. Hazardous 6.0 shaft Were you fit for that driver? NopeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 8.5 or 9What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Look at address.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes.Current Driver Setup? 9* Callaway Epic Flash SZWere you fit for that driver? No.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 Head / X Flex ShaftWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Performance. I am looking for a driver that gives me the best chance of finding the short grass without sacrificing distance.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, I am a tinkerer by nature so I find adjustability to be an important buying factor. Current Driver Setup? 9 Degree Ping G410 LST with HZRDUS Black 6.5 75 shaftWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. I have a Skytrak and can rent a Trackman by the hour if needed. But let's be honest, what matters is what we see on the golf course and I will provide that data to the community.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test?-extreme matte black 10.5 X flex What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Improvement over current driving, distance and accuracy Do you adjust your drivers after buying?if I’m not fitted before hand yes Current Driver Setup? G410lst with VA nemesys 75 xWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Great opportunity and would be really excited to try out both drivers! Thanks to GolfWRX and Cobra for offering this one up!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? - 9*; X-FlexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? - Top 3: appearance, feel, and forgiveness. I want to look down at a driver that I'm confident in and provides the right feedback on both well-struck and poor shots. If it can help keep the ball a little bit more in play then all the better.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? - Yes. I try the stock setup first and evaluate how everything is going. From there I'll start tinkering with the loft / lie / etc. to see if I can dial in a better flight and performance.Current Driver Setup? - 915D3 8.5* X-Flex Diamana White 70, set to C1 (most open)Were you fit for that driver? - Yes (partly why it's been in the bag for more than 5 years; haven't found anything that can beat out the consistency of it)Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - Yes

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 R-flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? head shape and performanceDo you adjust your drivers after buying? yes, usually at the beginning of a season and then in the middleCurrent Driver Setup? Callaway GBB, 10.5*, Kuro Kage Black 50R, Upright setting, weight set 1/2 way between neutral and heelWere you fit for that driver? Yes, but post-purchase - fitted to maximize performance. Haven't found anything that exceeded the performance by enough to warrant the spendDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!!Thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5, stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Feel, look, ballflightDo you adjust your drivers after buying? SometimesCurrent Driver Setup? Cobra F9/ Fujikura Atmos tour spec Blue 60SWere you fit for that driver? NODo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? performance/accuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? yesCurrent Driver Setup? 10.5 epic -diamana w series stiffWere you fit for that driver? yesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 or 9.5What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Feel, AccuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? 10.5 TM SIM Max w/ Oban shaftWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 XstiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Feel, look at setupDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Cobra F8+ 9* Aldila Synergy Black TXWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Shooting my shot

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* X-StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? FeelDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? G410 LST 9*, Evenflow Black 6.0Were you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Consistency Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Only if necessary Current Driver Setup? 9* SIM with Ventus black 6XWere you fit for that driver? Not professionally, but on personal use LM. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely.Thanks to WRX and Cobra for the opportunity!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 / StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Ball speed and accuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Not a ton. but if I notice a real trend I will make adjustments.Current Driver Setup? Ping G410 Plus 9, Tensei Orange 60SWere you fit for that driver? Nope.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. Have gamed alot of Cobra stuff throughout the years and saw major success with the F9 driver, so I am excited about the SpeedZone series. Will get a lot of on course and range testing. Detailed write ups and great pictures. Monitor numbers as soon as I can get in one. Lets put the infinity face to work!

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Adjustability and forgivenessDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Ping G410 LST with Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 6S & Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero with Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6SWere you fit for that driver? No, self fitted based on on-course performance in real world condition.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Thanks GolfWRX and Cobra for providing this opportunity!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.0* stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Look at address. Nothing else matters if I can't stand the way it looks every time I set up.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, and I purposely steer away from glued heads for that reason. I like the flexibility since my swing isn't the same swing to swing, day to day.Current Driver Setup? Taylormade M5 9* (set to 8.25*) w/GD AD Tour BB-6 stiffWere you fit for that driver? Yes (originally Tensei White Pro), but have switched the shaft to my go to and found more consistency and length.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes.

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
19* TM SIM Max w/Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex '19 w/KBS Tour
Callaway MD5 54*
Callaway PM Grind '19 58*
Odyssey StrokeLab Ten S (Tour only NO sightline) 33"

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* X-Stiff (Left-Handed!!!)What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? ResultsDo you adjust your drivers after buying? NoCurrent Driver Setup? Callaway Rogue Subzero w/ Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7xWere you fit for that driver? I fit myself but during a future fitting I had they recommended no changes.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.0, X-stiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Adjustability and low spinDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes. No swing is the same all the time.Current Driver Setup? Callaway Epic Flash SZ, Aldila Rogue White 130MSI X-stiffWere you fit for that driver? Yes.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course! I've reviewed clubs, balls, clothes and more on this site! And I play year round (live in TX) and have a SkyTrak setup in my garage!