Titleist TS4

philt90

why did i click this topic....... (ordering ts4 as we speak, hate you all!!!!)

prior to scrolling through this thread i was thinking of putting the m1 back in the bag. the ts3 was definitely straighter, but didn't get the same pop as i was getting with the taylormade m1.

• Like 1

TSR3 8* w Autoflex 505x shaft
Titleist 915fd w Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 661 shaft
Titleist TSi3 4 hybrid w Fujikura Tour Spec Blue 7 

Miura CB1008 4i-PW w Oban CT-115 S shafts
Miura Tour Wedge HB 48*, Miura K Grind 2.0 54* & 60* w Oban Ct-115 wedge shafts
Scotty Cameron Red X center shafted putter (I love anything CS)
Titleist Prov1x

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i just got my ts4 9.5 degrees with smoke black 70 x tipped half inch i got fitted and instantly fell in love with this driver it looks like the rolls royce of modern drivers .it reminds me of a new version of the 975d my fave driver of alll time.added to that i got 25 yards more in compared to my aeroburner tp with px black x flex

which i really loved also .but with my tp i felt scared to hit it high and it would spin quite a bit but with this set up i hit it higher and futher becasue the spin is optimal for me but i would say to people be fitted correctly as this driver really needs to be allied with the right shaft as the spin was quite low mine now is around 2200 .i carried my aeroburner tp 285 through the air .this one goes almost 305 plus i thought id never find the right driver for me ty titlest

The smaller head is a lot easier for me to swing. I will not be going back to a 460cc driver. I actually picked up a 905s to see if my dispersion would improve even more with a 400cc driver.

I have tried m5/m6 and the feel just isn’t there with those drivers. When I missed it the m5 still gave positive feedback and I didn’t know where I was striking it sometimes. With the TS4 I feel exactly where I missed it and bad shots feel bad, but even those awful feeling shots tend to have good results. For me, the m5 would feel like I hit it perfect and it would be headed 40 yards offline.

The spin reduction also has me hitting 2-3 long balls each round that are 20 yds past where I expect to be.

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

Could not think of a better driver for windy days. Amazing performance in Scotland, low boring darts that hit the fairway and run forever, but pick your spots because it can run too long into trouble. 80 yards of roll would not be unusual. On a normal day at home course, ac accurate driver but it gives up too much in spin and carry distance is terrible in comparison to other drivers. In the looks department, which does inspire confidence, yes superb driver. As others have mentioned, shaft match up is critical; most likely you don't just take your preferred shaft from the higher spin driver then plug and play.

Are people launching this high or is it just me. I've got an 8.5 set down a click and it launches way up. Dont mind that launch but need a bit less spin. I did'nt have any Titleist adapted shafts around but got a Fubuki 63 stiff to use from someone. TBH, same launch but a lot less spin would suit me. Great feel off this club but it may be also suit some balls better than others. Thought AVX might be the one for this driver but did'nt seem the best to me. What shafts you all using. PS, i doubt i could manage the Evenflow white. Getting on a bit now but swingspeed still just over the ton.

> @kasting333 said:

> The smaller head is a lot easier for me to swing. I will not be going back to a 460cc driver. I actually picked up a 905s to see if my dispersion would improve even more with a 400cc driver.

>

> I have tried m5/m6 and the feel just isn’t there with those drivers. When I missed it the m5 still gave positive feedback and I didn’t know where I was striking it sometimes. With the TS4 I feel exactly where I missed it and bad shots feel bad, but even those awful feeling shots tend to have good results. For me, the m5 would feel like I hit it perfect and it would be headed 40 yards offline.

>

> The spin reduction also has me hitting 2-3 long balls each round that are 20 yds past where I expect to be.

905s has a way better shape than the TS4. The TS4 looks more like the TS2 after you spend some time with the 905s.

TS4 was only ~10 yards longer than the 905s but that’s too much to give up IMO. Also it is a lot more forgiving.

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

> @SBH9458 said:

> > @golflefty said:

> > Great sound, looks beautiful, and longest I've hit..... But got me into far too much trouble on bad days. Hit 1 fairway in my last round with it. Moved to Epic Flash and am finding much more consistency. 14/14 fairways last weekend. If you're a very low spin player TS4 may be perfect for you. To make it work I think I needed to move out of the low/low shaft profile I've always used. Biggest problem for me with it was I couldnt hit a draw due to lack of spin. I prefer to play a draw, but couldn't keep them in the air with TS4

>

> Golf equipment is certainly unique in that what we use needs to fit us. I, respectfully, think that you need to be a high spin generating player to benefit from the TS4. If the TS3 is already knocking enough spin off for you, then you are in good shape and wouldn’t benefit from the TS4. I really enjoy the TS4 aesthetically, by site and sound, and play it as well as any driver I’ve had. May be the driver shaft combo, may be the driver head, may be my swing today....but I was hitting fairways today and hitting draws. Just an observation not that either of us is wrong, but that the equipment needs to work with the player, and the player needs to work with the equipment for it to be a good fit.

Just curious... what shaft are you using in your TS4? Thanks

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Did any of you guys move from 915D4 to TS4 and did you notice a significant improvement in ball speed or dispersion?

Did your keep your old 915 shaft to use in the new head or are the newer shaft offerings a better fit?

I am curious as I really like my 915D4 and find the sweet-spot more often than any other driver I have had, just a bit worried that the TS4 with its slightly longer shaft might throw everything off just a little bit.

Anyone else find this and stick with their older (slightly shorter shaft)

Callaway epic speed TD DS [email protected] smokeIM50
Ping G425LST 14.5 CK Pro white 70TX
Titleist TS2 21deg Aldila ATX tour green 75x

Callaway 23deg Apex UT RIP alpha 105x
Ping i210 DG120s 5-PW

Jaws MD3 50s
Ping glide 54ws

vokey SM8 58-08 M grind
Odyssey works 2CM
WITB Link

> @LabRat2 said:

> Did any of you guys move from 915D4 to TS4 and did you notice a significant improvement in ball speed or dispersion?

>

> Did your keep your old 915 shaft to use in the new head or are the newer shaft offerings a better fit?

> I am curious as I really like my 915D4 and find the sweet-spot more often than any other driver I have had, just a bit worried that the TS4 with its slightly longer shaft might throw everything off just a little bit.

>

> Anyone else find this and stick with their older (slightly shorter shaft)

There aren't a lot of comments comparing these two clubs specifically (seems like most buyers of the TS4 are the players that buy/try everything and have since moved on from the D4). Here are a couple that I've seen in the past.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1781275/my-ts4-demo

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18998463#Comment_18998463

• 6 months later...

Reviving this for a question. While waiting to pick up a club that was being re-shafted today I was browsing the used/ex-demo rack. I hit a few different drivers but the best by far was a TS4 8.5* with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5. My launch was 12.5 and spin was 2300-2400. My swing speed peaked at 117 but avg was 111-112. I currently game a 2016 M2 with Fubuki stiff shaft that I can hit just as long but has a 2 way miss. The TS4 gave me dispersion I have not achieved before on a launch monitor. The look of the smaller head is appealing.

I know enough to know I’m less consistent on the course than indoors. Am I giving anything up forgiveness wise vs a TS3? Can I achieve similar enough launch and spin with an 8.5 TS3 and same shaft but gain noticeable forgiveness?

(Background) I’m about to begin a slow process of turning over my whole bag. I avg about 90 or so when I play 18 but can shoot high 30s and low 40s consistently when I play 9. When I started a year ago I was swinging at about 96 but have picked up speed as I’ve worked on my swing. My iron shafts are regular flex and too soft, my fairway and hybrid have stiff even flow blue and black respectively and I seem to get along with those clubs fine)

Cobra LTDX 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Rogue ST LS 3HL Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75S

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818 H1 23* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9S

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Callaway JAWS MD5 48.10 - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 115

Callaway JAWS Raw 52.10S & 56.12W - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner 115

Callaway Full Toe 60.10 - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner 115

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

From my experience, you're most likely giving up a fair amount of forgiveness vs most other heads. This is the least forgiving head on the market to my knowledge. There's maybe a handful of players on tour that use it. I still toy around with the idea of putting it in the bag even though I know it would be a bad idea. So I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be able to get those #s with a TS3.

But being new to the game and improving quickly, I'd recommend some sort of fitting before tinkering around too much.

Titleist TSi3 - TPO 70TX

Titleist 917 F2 16.5 - Diamana W 80X

Titleist 718 TMB 2 - MMT 105TX / TSi3 20 - TPW 100TX

Mizuno MP18 4-P - TTDG X100

Vokey SM9 50.12F, 56.12D - TTDG S400

Vokey SM8 60.08 M - TTDG S400

TaylorMade Tour Spider

Thanks. Some sort of fitting is definitely a good idea. There wasn’t a ts3 to hit with a HZRDUS yellow or I would have tried that too. But I’m in no rush.

White Hot OG #1

This is a hard question to answer. I'm using a 915 D4, which is theoretically worse for people not named Adam Scott. But over the course of 20 rounds or so I noticed my fairways hit and penalty shots off the tee don't change vs. 915 D2/D3, 917 D3, etc. For reference, the two other heads I've thought were decent were 2016 M2 and G400 Max, but I've never been able to find a shaft combo that was just as good (I know it's possible - I just don't have access to everything / be able to test it extensively). I played a few rounds with a TS2 but have not had a chance to play a TS3 or TS4.

For reference, I'm not particularly stuck on the head size or shape. I only really care about what I see when I look up. Theoretically I do agree that one should be able to play the more forgiving model and find a shaft / loft etc that gets the same numbers. But if you don't have access to a tour van I would just play what happens to work --- I don't think it's that different for any 430-460 cc head.

I do see a noticeable difference if I drop back to something like a 983E. I can hit this when swinging well but when off the direction is really worse.

I waited for the TS4 to come out before I actually pulled the trigger on a driver. I wouldn't say that I was disappointed, I just hit the TS3 better. The spin was a little lower with TS4, but the carry AND dispersion was better with TS3. I had my heart set on TS4, and I'm a high speed player, but it's just not the magic wand I wanted it to be. I grabbed the TS3 and have no regrets.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

The TS4 is legit. I've got an epic (no pun intended) battle going on between the TS4 and a tour issue Flash sub zero triple diamond, both 8.5 degrees. To me the looks and feel of the TS4 can't be beaten but it's getting more interesting as the lofts go down. I'm seeing the flash needing to be 1 degree lower to keep up with TS but now i've hit the 6.5 loft with the triple d it's really come to life, consistent too. The gale force winds brought things to a halt yesterday but this is gonna be a battle to the death. When i look down on that TS4 in the A1 standard setting it's gonna be hard to get away from.

I want to go back and hit a TS4 again. I was just surprised given my skill how well I hit it. Especially at 8.5 degrees. I do want to compare to a ts3 in that loft as well. I may try a 915 or 917 if I can fine one cheap in that loft as well.

White Hot OG #1

cringe....maybe take a pass on 917 lol.

I say that partly in jest, but if I had to rank Titleist 900(+TS) series drivers I own (or have sold), 917 would finish second to last, just edging out the 907D2. Interestingly enough, the TS4 would finish 4th on that list behind TS3, 915D4 and 905R, which is why I never pulled the trigger on it. But 917 was a truly unremarkable, uninspired driver.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Still digging my TS4. I still have my old 915D4 as well. I keep trying the new stuff.. just went head to head with a Mavrik Sub Zero the other day. The Mavrik is nice, but still did not kick the TS4 out of the bag...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

I have heard and seen in videos that the 917 may be worth skipping. But if one pops up and and I get a chance to hit it I may.

White Hot OG #1

The 913/915/917 lines were all just small movements along the same overall design trajectory. Medium/high CG and medium forgiveness. Jack of all trades but never really excelling in any one particular category aside from the stability that slightly higher spin can provide. The TS line was a radical departure from that multiple product cycle long formula, dropping CG dramatically with the TS3 (lower spin) and dropping CG moderately and increasing MOI (lower spin + more forgiveness). That is not to say the previous 900 series drivers are bad, just that the departure of the TS line was big, and I suspect that it will keep being iterated upon in future releases, which is great.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I played the TS4 8.5 most of last year with Hazard Smoke Yellow and a Tensei PO shaft and really liked it. Had a couple of sub par rounds at the end of the season. I get steep and fight spin so when Titleist said they were making a lower spinning head I was all in. Preordered it and got it in July when they first came out. Its not the most forgiving club, but sounds good and looks great. Hit some bombs with it and it’s definitely an improvement on 917 D3. I haven’t hit the TS3 so can’t compare that.

Switched to the Mavrik SZ with a Rogue Silver 60TX this year and have gained quite a bit of yardage. Haven’t been on trackman yet due to the ‘Rona but don’t really care because it’s playing like I want it to and longer. It also much more forgiving on toe strikes and low on the face. I just feel like I can swing as hard as I want and it will end up fine. Multiple times this season I’ve felt like I totally missed it only to see it fly my normal yardage. The sound/feel are much improved over Epic SZ and at 450cc doesn’t look enormous. Might just be a better shaft fit for me but I have really been impressed.

For referance, I have played every Titleist driver since the Starship (yes kids, Titleist had a driver called the starship) except the 907 series ?

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

TS4 certainly produces less spin and the smaller head size is nice, but it sounds much less forgiving than the TS3?

TS4 seems like a speciality club for a specific type of golfer. I wish Titleist had made the TS3 with the same cc size as the TS4, but it would be more forgiving / higher MOI with the weight stick in the back.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png