2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

George Gankas' Website - Results/ Before & After - Let's Hear Em!

I didn't want to take away from the original thread discussing the website. A lot of what was is posted regards to Is it worth the price, what content is available, how has the site progressed in terms of content, etc. I would prefer this topic to be about strictly results.

Have you seen your scores drop?

Video of before vs. after swings where you have achieved a better swing or even position

More greens or fairways hit as a result of swing changes?

Let's not argue the $500 price. George is a great teacher and his website is what it is. Let's see the results!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Anyone?

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

I don’t belong so I don’t have anything to post. I scanned the other thread and while active nobody really says how their scores, stats, or sometimes even swing has improved. I just continuously see Gankas is the man and the website is solid (which I’m not here to disagree with).

I have been a member for about 5 months. I haven't read all of the other thread so I will probably repeat some stuff.

1st) There is a ton of information on the site. Going through full swing is probably in the range of 10 hours or so of videos. A lot does repeat. You have to go through all videos in order, you cannot skip around. I personally was OK with this, but I could see why some would not be.

2nd) Faults and fixes section (opens up around month 3?) is great if you know exactly what you are working on. It gives you the option to select exactly what the issue is and filter to the videos relevant to that.

3rd) Technique Forum - Really great, you can post 1 video (dtl & FO) every (5)? days or once a week I think. One of Georges guys will comment on it with instruction and direct you to the videos relevant to what you are working on. I have never seen GG comment and I don't expect to. His instructors are very knowledgeable

4th) People who say GG teaches one swing or move are dead wrong. He does have stock positions he likes, but he goes over those AND other positions that work/don't work in almost every video.

You asked about stats. I do try to keep my stats. I also started Planemate in September which has had a huge impact for me. I will give you a timeline and stats and you can make your own determination.

2019 Stats (Beginning of the year - 09.15.20) Fairways - 54.4%, Greens - 44.13% GHIN - 7.1

2019.09.16 - EOY (Start using planemate) - Fairways - 64.6%, Greens, 55.7%, GHIN - 5.7

2019 Total Stats - Fairways - 55%, Greens 45%,

2020 Stats (All after starting GG membership in January) - Fairways - 68.1%, Greens 53.7%, GHIN - 5.0

I am pretty happy with the 2020 stats so far. Playing conditions in Ohio haven't been optimum including playing in 20 MPH wind several times. Hope this helps, keep in mind I am only a few months in!

• Like 1

I’ve been a member for several months...@swh0507 gave a good overview. There is a TON of content on there. I haven’t done the numbers, but guess the full swing section may be a lot more than even 10 hours. Regardless, his idea with it like he’s teaching a college class - you are getting a lot of information and the goal is for you to truly understand 1) how the swing works 2) know different matchups and why certain movements can “match” 3) how to practice, what you need to work on for your swing, and how to properly make changes.
Overall I think it’s fantastic - well thought out, and he really put in a lot of work getting all of the content filmed and organized. The community forums are also good too - you can post swings, tell his coaches what you’re trying to achieve, and they give feedback. Also there’s an equipment forum section.
I will say it isn’t going to be for everyone though. Not because of him - like was said above, he has preferences, but doesn’t teach a “method” or specific pattern (all about the matchups). I say it’s not for everyone because there’s so much content, you really have to have the curiosity and dedication to learning - putting in the time to not only watch and take in everything, but put it into practice. Many people simply don’t have the time or attention span or desire to really put in the effort. But if you are, I think it’s a great platform.
That said, here in the northeast, I haven’t really played since November and still being on lockdown, not sure when I will again. Even so, my swing has fundamentally improved and I’m really happy with the progress so far.

Seems like great results from both, nice work!

I'm a member and have been for a couple months, but with the late start to the season most of my work has been beating balls in the backyard into a net. I tend not to keep score for the first few rounds of the year, to avoid frustration, just enjoy the fact that I'm playing golf again here in WI, and focus more on working out kinks. But I am certainly looking forward to seeing how my scores improve, continuing with the course as more stuff opens up (and getting the GBox, which looks tailor made for what I need to work on the most), and I can certainly say that on video it looks significantly better already, with a lot of work left to do. I'll be sure to post once I actually have some concrete info to help judge my progress.

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

Are you referring to his older YouTube videos? Because I can assure you that this online program is nothing like that. It’s is extremely well organized and easy to follow. I have never felt less confused about the golf swing in my life!

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

The stuff that’s out there isn’t “from” him. It’s from a previous business partner. I think they were going to do a site together but he backed out. That guy had all the video, so he’s been capitalizing off GG’s popularity with his YouTube channel - GGSwingtips - it’s not produced, owned, or affiliated with GG himself.

The thing that is great about this site is not only that there is a ridiculous amount of content that forces you to learn everything there is to know about the swing (and truly "be your own coach"), but there is also the constant feedback that you are getting from the instructors. 2 video lessons per week = 100 video lessons for $500 (basically $5 per lesson), PLUS the content. It is an insane value. I truly believe the only way to get better is to not only know all the mechanics of the swing but to get that constant feedback. To me, all his old YouTube content (and all YT tips in general) are worthless unless you know how to specifically apply it to yourself (which no one ever talks about on YT - and the only way to get it is through an extensive training course like GG has). To really change your swing takes a lot of work, and a lot of feedback. We are entering a new age of golf instruction, that's why you see guys like Monte and Jake Hutt offering subscriptions now. The only way to get better is constant feedback. Monthly in-person lessons for x-hundred dollars a pop? That's some old-timey sh!t. I'm trying to make big changes, fast.

Here is a "before" of impact with a 7i. This is actually a month or so into the program when I had already cleaned up some stuff, but I was still sliding and tilting to get the club inside. As you can see I am fully extended here with 0 shaft lean. Right here I am hitting 7i 165 yards with MP lofts.

KUN3MYUT9D5K.pngAnd here is the "after" photo, taken today which is probably 6 months into the program? I lost track, but as you can see I am way deeper into impact with a lot more shaft lean. I am not sliding and tilting to get it inside, I am shallowing naturally and staying centered over the ball ready to explode. I was on a monitor the other day and this 7i was going about 178 or a 13 yard increase, and that is with no speed increase, just compression. Eventually when my swing is where I want it, I will add some speed (which is way easier when you are in powerful positions), and it would be sick to get this to 185, and have my 6i be a 200 club, which would be insane seeing as my 6i has always been 175 since the day I was born. For reference I am around a 6 hdcp with only a few scattered lessons in my life

QVA2CV9M1H7W.png

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

@DaRiz Thanks for the informative post and I agree with many of your observations about online lessons. I'm not a member of the Gankas site (yet) but had a brief membership to the old one, which was a bit rough around the edges. That said, having started implementing a lot of his teachings (plus some in-person lessons from an excellent instructor in Montreal) I can say that my ball-striking has improved exponentially.
Just to be clear, you can post your own swing via the Gankas site for personalized feedback from his instructors up to twice per week?
Also, on the site, it seems to imply you only have access to certain parts of the course material based on what month of your membership you're in. Is that the case?

No prob. This program has helped me tremendously and I have made crazy improvements in a very short period of time, so I really can't recommend it enough. To answer your questions:

Yes, you can post 2 videos per week (both FO and DTL each time obviously), and either Brett Silvernail or Jake Gilmer will give you a 4-5 minute personal video response breaking down your swing. So much better than having someone write a text response. One of them will usually reply within 12 hours. They are both amazingly knowledgeable and having 2 sets of eyes (usually alternates between them) provides even more insight than if it was just the same person reviewing the video every time. Yes. The day you join the site, everything is not available all at once. He forces you to watch all the videos (starting with setup, then backswing, then downswing) and take quizzes in order to unlock more content. At first this was annoying because I just wanted to get to the leg work, and I thought I was all good on the setup and backswing, but once I was able to start posting videos, they showed me right away I needed to work on posture and backswing, so my advice to anyone starting is to really pay attention and implement the basics from the beginning, you will progress much quicker once you get to the hard stuff. You simply cannot do his legwork properly if you are not in balance at the top. Right now I am 4-5 months in and the Putting section is about to open up finally. I have already been through the whole swing, chipping, pitching, sand+flop. I am really excited about future videos but have to wait a few more months before stuff like Mental Game, Course Management, etc. open up. I am no longer frustrated that all the content is not available immediately, because it would be information overload. There are like 47 videos on legwork alone, without a structured learning environment, people would just get so lost. It is a bit of a commitment, similar to getting a college degree, but worth it if you are serious enough.

• Like 1

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

Rough timeline based on how I remember it.

Months 1 -2 - Full Swing Academy - Tons of content. It is setup as courses. You cannot skip around, you complete each video or assessment prior to accessing the next one. Easily 10 hours or more of content. You cannot post videos or do reviews at this point. You do not have access to the technique forum.

Months 1.5ish - 2ish - Faults & Fixes opens up. This is interactive part of site, you select what you want to work on, and it filters to matchup/fix/drill videos for that item

Months 2.5-3ish - Technique forum opens - You can post swing videos. Roughly once every five days or around there. Maybe more, I cannot find where the rules are. Also Chipping course opens. Video log opens - Has some prior Q&A sessions and some live lessons George gave.

Months 3.5ish - Pitching Course opens

Then about every two- three weeks something new opens. I still have to unlock (as examples)

Sand & Flop

Putting

Mental

Practice

Shot Shaping

Course management

Skills and drills

On a side note, The instructors have started responding to swing reviews in videos instead of type. Very nice since they can show you the drill or item they want you to work on. I am hoping this will last and not just a Pandemic thing.

so far i found content to be much more dense than I expected, which is great. won't be as helpful as getting an in-person less with GG or one of his certified's since most AMs won't understand how to apply pressure with their feet in the "correct" way in the pivot, BUT...the information is there. so at the very least you'll have a good idea of what you need to fix

If you message him on IG he’ll give u a code for a discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interested about the online course and on the verge of signing up.

Am a regular getting short term fixes but haven't committed to one teacher in particular. I am a fan of Gankas and his youtube stuff. I know alot of people think he's too technical but I respond well to that and think I grasp what he's saying.

The pluses I see are that all the info, videos, resources are available in the one place and that you actually get feedback on your swing.

The feedback from the instructors could be a real game changer. For me, this is what potentially gives it the edge over other subscriptions and makes the hefty price worth it as you can track your progress, work on fixes and receive regular feedback. For anyone who is subscribed, how do you find this?

Secondly, how do people feel they have progressed through the different stages of the course?

With this season already being hampered I am very tempted to start now.

No, that's his old website that went wrong with a business partner of his. He created georgegankasgolf so that he can control what is being delivered to the consumer and do it his way. I wouldn't recommend signing up on that old ggswingtips site.