2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Baffler F6 that good?

Norboo

I just felt the need to bump this post because I love the Baffler so much. Clubs come and go, but this thing just stays right there in the bag all these years. I recently bought a slew of new clubs and debated switching to a hybrid or driving iron to fill the yardage gap of the ole F6 Baffler. It’s just so damn versatile I decided instead to hunt out a new head and get a different shaft. I put a Fuji Pro 2.0 TS in what was essentially a “NOS” head I got off eBay. She’s just such a joy to hit. Any lie, many yardages, high shot, low shot, doesn’t matter. That is all, just some love for an old friend of mine, the F6 Baffler.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Got one of these about a month ago. Had the stock 60gr stiff red tie in it. Was a good club the first couple rounds I played it. Got a aldila tour blue 85gr stiff from a cobra 3 wood and cut it down to play at 41.75 no tipping. Now it's a phenomenal club. Hit it 4 times last round. Even set at 18.5 I'm almost hitting it as far as my 3 wood off the deck. But tons more height. And it's an easy club to work both ways. Super easy to turn over though.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

I've had mine since it came out, I didn't like the stock shaft and swapped it out to the Hzrdus Red 75s shortly after getting it and since then, the club has been my most reliable & fun to hit club in my bag. Now I like my driver better just because its longer, but the Baffler is the go to club when I need a shot.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

I just put one in my bag with a HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 and am really liking it. Hit it pretty high but it doesn't balloon on me, and it goes straight. I'm someone who really likes open-faced fairway woods, and with this one cranked to 16* I find it sits open enough for me. This is the only club that sits between my driver and 3 iron, and its versatility is where it shines. Works as advertised out of tough lies, but it's also been great off the tee when I need to hit a specific yardage. Think it might be a keeper.

Ping G430 LST Driver 10.5* (set @ Flat)  Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X

Callaway '21 Apex UW 17* Ventus Blue 7X
Ping G410 Hybrids 22* & 26* (set @ F- to 21* & 25*) Even Flow Black 85 6.5
Titleist '21 T100S 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.12D, DG Wedge
Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 CTR 35"

what length you playing it at?

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

Played baffler XL hybrids for quite a few years. They were replaced this year. Best hybrids to me are any in the cobra baffler line.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

42"

Ping G430 LST Driver 10.5* (set @ Flat)  Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X

Callaway '21 Apex UW 17* Ventus Blue 7X
Ping G410 Hybrids 22* & 26* (set @ F- to 21* & 25*) Even Flow Black 85 6.5
Titleist '21 T100S 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.12D, DG Wedge
Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 CTR 35"

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just picked one of these up myself. Traditionally, I have struggled with fairways woods and generally play without them and use a 17* hybrid instead. but I've been experimenting with a mini driver as a strong 3 wood for tee shots when the driver is too much. And I was drawn to the f6 baffler as a max distance club off the deck but that can get more height and softer descent into greens than my hybrid. 

I haven't gamed it yet as the stock stiff shaft feels like a noodle on the range. but it is incredibly easy to get the ball up in the air. Probably going to throw a UST PFV2 or Tour Blue in it and give it a go. Would play it 17.5 or 18.5 and keep my 3H at 20 or 21*. 

Edited by scooterhd2

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

4 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Grabbed one, but trying to figure where to slot it in.  Where does it fit best...strong 5w at 17.5 or strong 7w/3h at 19.  I do like the small compact head, since I am playing a stronger fairly large 3wood.  

I’ve been playing a baffler since they came out. I have a Hzrdus Red 75s in it and it’s just a rocket. I’ve been playing mine at 16, but have played it at 17.5, 18.5 and 19 and to be honest the last 3 all went fairly close in distance with just the launch angle being slightly different. Now at 16 it’s a rocket launcher and almost as long as most of my buddy’s 3 woods at standard length set ups.

Im currently  in the process of adding a traditional bigger headed 3 wood to the bag at 15-16 and leaving the baffler at 18.5 or 19 for my fairway shots. Only because I have an extra spot  in the bag. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

It's still the only compact fairway from Cobra with rails and front to back weight adjustability.  When I had the F6 Baffler, it snuggled in at 17.5° between the 14.5° 3-4W and 20.5° 3-4Hy.  That made it difficult to gap for a 26-27° 5 iron, so I got a 4-5W at 23.5° but that just passed the buck to the 6 iron.  Eventually I split the difference in hybrids at 22°, and that's still my Cobra setup though I've replaced the F6 Baffler with F9 Tour (which is a worthy successor).

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

• 9 months later...

4 years later and Baffler is still my favorite club in the bag! I feel like I've found the Arch Of The Covenant in terms of the perfect fairway wood! Whenever I finally learn and play my baffler 4w/ v steel 7w as my only woods.  

• Like 3

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

On 2/11/2021 at 3:11 PM, jt2gt said:

Grabbed one, but trying to figure where to slot it in.  Where does it fit best...strong 5w at 17.5 or strong 7w/3h at 19.  I do like the small compact head, since I am playing a stronger fairly large 3wood.  

I opted to change out my KK XM 70x for a slightly heavier, Evenflow Riptide MX 80x playing at 41" to fill that gap.  Now it sits almost perfectly between a 5w and 3h and I couldn't be happier.  

On 2/11/2021 at 2:16 PM, scooterhd2 said:

I just picked one of these up myself. Traditionally, I have struggled with fairways woods and generally play without them and use a 17* hybrid instead. but I've been experimenting with a mini driver as a strong 3 wood for tee shots when the driver is too much. And I was drawn to the f6 baffler as a max distance club off the deck but that can get more height and softer descent into greens than my hybrid. 

I haven't gamed it yet as the stock stiff shaft feels like a noodle on the range. but it is incredibly easy to get the ball up in the air. Probably going to throw a UST PFV2 or Tour Blue in it and give it a go. Would play it 17.5 or 18.5 and keep my 3H at 20 or 21*. 

Following up here. I put a AD DI 8s in it. Instantly became my favorite club in the bag. Yes, it is that good. Best FW ive played for hitting off the deck. This is my max distance club hitting at 245. Anything longer than that and I should be laying up anyway. 

• Like 2

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

Still in my bag.  There's something special about the F6 Baffler that the newer versions havent been able to duplicate.

• Like 2

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternate set: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

11 hours ago, HoosierHacker89 said:

4 years later and Baffler is still my favorite club in the bag! I feel like I've found the Arch Of The Covenant in terms of the perfect fairway wood! Whenever I finally learn and play my baffler 4w/ v steel 7w as my only woods.  

I love when this thread gets resurrected. I love mine and its the perfect club for me. Local golf shop has one in plastic I think I’m going to buy for a backup lol

• Like 2

I've turned into a compulsive ho and have changed every club in my bag multiple times in the past few years.

Except for the F6.

It has won shootouts against everything from 5 woods to the new Apex UW.

I wouldn't say it is my most trusted club (that would be my Epic Flash 21 hybrid), but nothing has been able to bump it from its role as my distance club off the deck.

I like it so much I bought a backup recently just in case.

I play mine at 16.5* and replaced the stock shaft with a GD MAD.

• Like 1

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

What baffler are you folks playing (3/4 or 5/6)?   I would love to find one in decent shape to try.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

6 minutes ago, heathpitts said:

I didn’t realize they made one other than the 4/5. That’s what mine is. 

Looks like I was mixing up the Baffler with a 3/4 fairway.  A little closer look suggests only the 4/5 as you state.  My bad.

Regardless, I'd still like to find one in decent shape to try

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I still have a couple, but despite my love for them (looks, feel, those rails!, etc.), I just can't seem to get along with them.  I know it's me (isn't it always?), but they just don't seem to want to consistently go straight.  I've tried a variety of shafts, but no luck.  This dang thread keeps resurrecting, making me think that I shoud give them just one more try, so I probably will.  I'm so weak . . .

• Like 1

I'm a long term Cobra fairway wood fan (and Rickie fan). I tried this a couple of years back, finally found 1 in the UK after months of searching. Tried a couple of different shafts but ultimately couldn't get along with it. I'm a strong hitter but for me it lacked feel and it was a hook machine, it sat so closed in the neutral setting and more so lofted up. I ended up switching to an F8+ 4/5 and it is way more refined (the F6 was pretty much a proto for the F8+ anyways in my opinion). I'm not surprised Rickie kicked it for the F8+ when that came out, overall its a much stronger club in terms of feel and performance, it just felt more solid. I wanted to love it so bad! Its probably a nice club for someone who isn't a long hitter but there are loads of newer Cobra 5 woods that are better, in my opinion... 

Titleist TS3 10.5 (B1) - Tensei Pro White 60TX

Cobra F8+ 13.5 - Tensei Pro White 70TX

Titleist T200 3i - Tensei AV Raw White 90x

Titleist 718 TMB 4i - X100 AMT White

Titleist 716 MB 5i-PW - X100 AMT White

Taylormade Milled Grind Black 52,56,60 - S200

Taylormade TP Bandon 1 L-Neck - KBS CT Tour Matte Black - GP Pro Only Cord Red Star

Tour Velvet Align

Bridgestone Tour BXS

22 hours ago, 27x10.5 said:

I was told they made the F6 Baffler for Rickie by adding rails to a Bio Cell+, so same club less headweight if that helps anyone that gets the Baffler too high. 

Yes, that was the inspiration. There are a couple of great pictures out there of early Bio Cell + fw’s with rails added to them. Bio Cell +  line was another all time great (drivers and fairways). 

Firmly in the camp of never getting rid of my Baffler. 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

• 2 months later...

Bringing this one back from the dead.

Still gaming the Baffler F6--has survived head to heads against just about everything I've thrown at it:  f8, f9, speedzone.  Anyone done a comparison for the Baffler F6 and the Radspeed Tour(17.5).  

• Like 1

G430 LST

G430 Max 3W/7W

ZXU/ZX5/ZX7 MkII
SM9 56 S/60 LBK
Lab DF3

It came down to (for me) this being a "get me out of a jam" club.  I wanted it to fit the standard 5/7 wood template but it worked better from light rough, bad lies and for tight landing areas.  It never was able to get to the "high, soft landing" club I desired.  That said, there's certainly always a place in the bag for the F6 Baffler.  I'm thinking I would love to try the new HZRDUS RDX Red shaft in it - either the Hybrid or Fairway model!

• TSi2 9*, G4 HZRDUS Black 60s
  • SIM2 Ti @ 17*, LinQ Purple 70S
  • TS2 21* + 24* HZRDUS Bl Smoke 80s
  • T100S 6-PW, TTDG S300
  • SM9 52* 56* 60* TTDG S300
  • White Hot OG 7 Bird 

51 minutes ago, mryan0425 said:

Bringing this one back from the dead.

Still gaming the Baffler F6--has survived head to heads against just about everything I've thrown at it:  f8, f9, speedzone.  Anyone done a comparison for the Baffler F6 and the Radspeed Tour(17.5).  

I read about the F6 but never owned one - and went straight to the Radspeed Tour because I wanted the newest iteration of that club. It's awesome, but Ive never used the F6 so cant compare. I was coming from TSi2 fairways.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS