PXG Order Time

golfer20

Discount Dans told me last week that they were told PXG has hired a bunch of new people to try and catch up. Whether true or not, its now been a month for my Gen2 driver order and no update whatsoever.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I had the following:

Proto 0811 X+ driver - ordered Gen 2 on May 13, changed to Proto on May 19th - received it on May 27th

Gen2 irons - ordered May-19th, original build date was June-18th, just updated to June-8th

Mini Gunboat - ordered May-20th, original build date was Jun-19th, just updated to June-9th

Gen2 3W - ordered May-25th, original build date June-24th, changed to June 14th

Gen2 Hybrid - ordered May 28th, original build date June-26th, changed to June-17th

Hey, no judgements :) Yes, I have issues with deals that are seemingly too good to pass up... The proto driver is a great driver, and waiting this long for clubs is tough to do :) The online fitting was pretty good and fairly easy to do using videos back and forth, but the big issue will be with not having actually hit any of the clubs and what to do once I get them to know that they are optimized for me? I need to see how my ball striking is versus my current clubs and then determine if I want to look into a PXG fitting/adjustment of the clubs I ordered, after I have been able to game them for a few months.

For a club ho - passing up a 40-50% discount is hard to do

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

PXG just had their best 2 months of sales during the pandemic in the 6+ year history of the company. Prices were dropped to make sure they didn’t get stalled by the pandemic and to attract the new customer who wanted them but for whom price was the barrier. The sale (especially on 0211 and Gen 2 0311) made the club pricing in line with if not less than other top manufacturers, and they were flooded with orders while operating on a skeleton crew due to COVID. They are THE ONLY manufacturer hiring staff across all departments during the pandemic, rather than laying off. In other words, they’re killing it.

I live near the headquarters and know a couple people who work there. It is not publicized but if you ask they will tell you, Gen 3 orders are prioritized over all other orders due to the premium you’re paying. They are also the most expensive so not as many orders as everyone jumping on the 0211 and Gen 2 0311 due to the sale. I’ve ordered a ton from PXG, and in my experience, my orders are almost always right in line with my estimate, if not ready sooner. They’ve been really good about that, and their customer service in other areas has been exceptional.

• Like 1

Do you have any clue how they would handle club adjustments once we receive our non-fit (in-person) equipment? For me the fitter is trying a 2º change in lie angle (Flatter) and I am guessing this may not hit the mark spot on out of the box. I know I got the stuff on sale, but it still needs to fit, and I am wondering how that is handled: 1) Through PXG, or 2) A local shop, and cutting PXG out of the picture

If you live near a PXG location, you could literally just call them up, schedule a time to drop in, and they'll make those adjustments on the spot in just a few minutes at no charge. If you can't get to a PXG location, I'd call them first and ask what they suggest instead of having to ship your clubs back (that's super excessive just to make some loft/lie adjustments), and I'm guessing they'll say to just take your clubs to a high end golf shop that has the right equipment (high end adjustment equipment with tight tolerances) to make the adjustments for you. If you've ever seen it done, the club head is set into a "vice" type of tool with hard rubber to protect your club and it is essentially bent into the right loft/lie in just a few seconds. Now if you had to make length adjustments or swing weight adjustments, that's something I'd definitely send the clubs back for considering the money you spent.

Was told today by someone I believe has a firm grasp of what's going on the reason behind the sudden "move up" date in estimated build times was because they were having so many orders cancelled, they just moved the times up in an effort to reduce the number of cancellations since they are "estimated start times" anyway. I had already cancelled one of my 3 orders when suddenly my other two "changed" included one that said 5/30 and I still don't have a shipping email on that one. Seems to fit the exact scenario I was told. We'll see.

• Like 1

Called about my Gen2 driver that I ordered on May 13th. Was told it would probably be another couple weeks. I was also told originally my driver would have hot melt added to achieve desired swing weight. When speaking with PXG today I was told they would just add more of the heavier Tungsten weights in place of the lighter ones.

Wow it really sounds like they did what @Ruleschamp said they did - it was a paper move and not because they hired more people or anything to improve their build throughput.
I noticed something strange today as well. I had ordered a 22º Hybrid with the Fujikura Pro shaft in it. I looked today and they are not offering that shaft - as if they have commitments for all of those shafts that they have on hand and have stopped offering it online. All of this seems rather odd, like they got totally caught off guard for what happened when they lowered their prices. I was shocked that they extended the sale, because they are digging a huge hole that means that when they do in-person fittings, those people will have to wait a long time for their clubs. Also once they are back to normal with prices the same situation will be true.
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. When I got my Proto driver, it went to the Assembly stage and it was done that day and shipped that day. If yours says picked/assembly and will not be delivered until late June, there is some funny business going on for sure.
Anyone else had their status show assembly/picked and it not be done in a day?

I'm giving mine until mid week next week to physically ship and then I'm cancelling.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I wish they could keep up with demand, great clubs just hard to wait that long for the order. I have some clubs on order and I'm going to wait it out but .......

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

Yeah it sucks. I am going to die waiting until the end of June if that turns out to be the real timeframe. At least I have the Proto driver. I just got a new 52º head in today that I will build up as well - now to buy some patience :) The driver is too amazing not to wait for the rest of the clubs. The wedge head is awesome. I have the shaft and ferrule but the grip will not be in until tomorrow since USPS sat my package for 2 days despite it being shipped 2 day Priority Mail.

OK - they apparently did hire more club builders and have added an overnight shift, so do not lose hope - the clubs should be coming soon.

The way your fit issues are handled if there are any after your order is to get with a mobile fitter and they will check things out and then make the adjustments.

Now to find some way to hold on until the clubs get here :)

Had a smooth CS experience today setting up a return of my Gen2 irons for a re-shaft. Only expense for me is shipping the irons back to PXG. From there, the new shafts, grips, work, etc. are all covered under the 30-day return. Boxed the irons up and shipped them back today, so kept the ball rolling. Darn good policy if you ask me, offering this one-time no-cost re-shaft option. She said it should be a couple of weeks until I get them back, so it won't be waiting like another month for these again.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Mine still shows 5/30 and I have still yet to receive an email shipping notice as of today, 6/5. I don't have a beef with PXG's products as I have all three Generations of irons, Gen 1 fairways and Gen 1 and Gen 2 hybrids, along with 4 golf bags, a den caddy and about 30 caps and visors. I love their products. I just feel like this whole "sale" process has been a big sham from a customer service perspective and each day seems to prove that out.

gen 2 0311P ordered april 17 through DD. was supposed to be 4 weeks at that time, 5/18 listed for scheduled picked/assembly. they missed that estimate and it didn't go into production until may 28. shipped the day after to dd and now waiting for them to ship it to me. should get them next week or so.

EF 10.5
EF 15
G425 19
P790 4-A
SM9 54, 58
Phantom X 5.5

Anyone else had their status show assembly/picked and it not be done in a day?

I ordered 8-PW in the 0211s in late April. All standard specs and nothing customized. They have been in the "Items Picked/In-Assembly" category for several weeks according to the order tracking information. I decided to reach out with an email yesterday (Thursday) just to see. I received a return email today indicating that the order "is in production and should complete the build process and ship out towards the middle of next week."

I'm just rolling with it and looking forward to receiving them.

I finally received my hybrid on 6/5 after I placed my order on 4/30. To my disappointment the clubs arrived in a plain cardboard box. I know this sounds minor but the CS agent had explained to me that shipping was so high (30 a club) due to insurance and the quality black box that PXG offers its customers. In addition it arrived with the wrong shaft.

i called CS for both instances and was advised that they no longer offer the black box unless you buy gen 3 irons or a proto diver however they aren’t adjusting the shipping costs. They are willing to fix the shaft but want me to ship the shaft back prior to sending the other one which is back ordered.

Very disappointing. On a side note, the hybrid looks fantastic. Can’t wait to hit it.

Are you kidding me! My first reaction was I just got a black box, but it was for the Proto driver. I will be pissed with no boxes because I ordered Gen 2 Irons, a putter, a hybrid and a fairway - all in separate orders since I am such a ho and kept going back. Yes I paid $120 for shipping and they are NOT sending the black boxes? They probably pay $10 to ship without that big box, meaning that they made $80 on me and my stupidity. Wow - an email is heading to PXG right now to ask about this? Thanks for the heads up.