Bridgestone Golf Tour B 2020 Lineup

mikeabate18

Good info. I bought a sleeve of each and tested on a launch monitor. Saw very little difference until the driver..saw 4mph more ballspeed with bx. I played b xs all last year. Going to test short game tomorrow and may get 1 round in with both balls this weekend. If short game and iron/driver control are great then I'll switch too.

I spent a bunch of time hitting the new BX BXS BRX and BRXS around the green (as well as some Pro V1s, and other premium balls). There really wasn't a whole lot of difference in performance around the green. I would say that the difference between the most and least spinny balls was maybe two feet on a typical 40 foot chip shot. None of the balls seem significantly more or less spinny around the greens. I think the differences in spin comes primarily in full shots (and even then there isn't a ton of difference for most players). JMHO

Played the new rxs last round. Very soft compared to 2017 z star. The cover wore faster as well, though i liked the ball i think it may spin to much for me. It seemed a little short on distance. The flight also seemed lower.

Going to try a sleeve of rx and x next. I think the xs will spin to much.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

I’ve been gaming the Tp5 and has been a perfect ball for me but bought the B X on a whim to try.

Played a round with them and found them to launch a tad higher with my irons and wedges, durability wasn’t the best, but neither is the TP5. Where I noticed the biggest difference was off the driver, it just didn’t spin enough for me, got some knuckles out of it which is tough as I’m a pretty low spin player off my driver. Overall I think it’s a real solid ball though, it did enough for me to want to try the B XS. Might not fit me the best but I could see this ball benefitting a lot of players

I just ordered 3 boxes of 2020 bxs. I still have a few boxes of last year's bxs, so I can compare them once I receive it.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

Basically what I just saw over 18 holes. B X had 2 drives that just knuckled out of the sky. I have a fairly low spin driver setup too so those few times where strike gets high, the B X just isn't playable for me. I'll add driver speed over the next 4 months so may retry it. I like how straight it plays. Straighter than B XS.

I've continued testing the BX and BXS (among several other premium balls) and with a 5 iron I finally saw some meaningful spin difference. The BXS was consistently about 400 rpm higher and launched 1 degree lower on an average ball speed of 126 on both. They are both really good balls and more similar than they are different.

• Like 1

Yep. They are very similar. I think the key to which ball you play is 2fold...

1. Sidespin - if you spray the ball a bit then B X is likely your ball.

2. Driver spin - if you've optimized driver and have your driver spin consistently in the 2100-2400 range then B X may not be your ball. There are a times the B X spin drops under 2000 if you're in the stated range whereas the B XS maintains spin. I'd rather the B XS spin up to 2500-2600 and stay in play than have the hard drive bombing B X fall out of the sky and into a hazard.

@getitdaily I think you hit the nail on the head for my experience. I liked last years BXS because BX was too hard. I liked 2020 BX since it was softer and spun more with short shots. However, my drives have been pretty wonky with the BX and I think I’ve figured out it’s because the spin can get too low.
Too bad I have a couple dozen personalized BX laying around.
IF I play a Bridgestone, I think the BXS is right for me.

However, I’m going to stick with Snell for the rest of this year. Both MTB Black and X are just too good not to use. Plus I just like supporting Dean’s business.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

It's interesting y'all are finding the BX to be lower spin on the driver. I just tested them side by side and got the exact same result as TXG did in their video (although a little less pronounced as I don't swing as fast as Matt). I consistently got about 2 MPH more ball speed and 150 rpm MORE spin with the BX when compared to the BXS.

I've never tried the BXS, just both versions of the BX. I'm torn because I'd like to try the XS but not commit to a full dozen. Right now I'm going back and forth between the 18/20 BX and ProV1x.

Does anyone know if you can buy sleeves online at the moment?

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I ended up trading my junker wedges for a couple dozen Bridgestones at 2nd Swing yesterday, and got out to the course playing the BX-S for the full 18. I lost one ball due to an untimely thin shit with OB behind the green.

it was breezy and the ground was wet, but I really liked the ball. Into the wind it definitely ballooned a little more than the BX but distances were pretty solid. Wedge spin was very good, as was putter feel. On a few very tough approaches I was able to get some insane grip, even landing on some usually tough spots on the greens.

My driving wasn’t very good today but there were a few solid strikes and I’m guessing the BX and BX-S might be just a few yards apart.

Preference still goes to the BX, but on short tight courses or form conditions I would reach for the XS for sure.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Definitely agree with the above except the XS works a little better for me than X - loving the spin from irons and wedges and feel off the putter is much more to my liking with the XS. Going to play them for the full 18 tomorrow to get some more testing off driver and long irons. Might have just been me today but I wish they flew just a little higher off driver. I am spoiled by the high flight of TP5x but those don’t spin enough for me with irons and wedges.

Today was a tougher test for the BX-S, since the club dried out and we had swirling winds all day. I actually think I prefer the BX-S, even if on a launch monitor I might be giving up a couple driver yards. Second shots are so demanding at my club and I think the BX is more punishing when you miss your spots. Wedges were plop and stop on full shots and I despite having a poor driving day I felt really on point with my irons.

There were two holes that I had to hit downhill shots into the wind, very difficult to judge. Those came up maybe a half club short but the ball held its line and the difference could have been club selection on my part. No severe ballooning or anything like that.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Curious, has anybody played any of the optic yellow RX or RXS alongside the white RX or RXS and noticed any differences? I know this isn't a new concept, but I ask because holding a new white RXS and a new optic yellow RXS in my hand, they definitely feel different, which tells me there could be some kind of playing difference (although maybe minute and imperceptible). Seems like that ball test showed some slight variation among the yellow and white offerings of maybe prov (?), but curious if anybody on here has any experience comparing the Bridgestone optic yellow with white.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

Thanks, I believe that is the prevailing wisdom regarding yellow vs white. However having never held a Srixon z star yellow and a z star white side by side, and been able to feel an obvious difference the two, hard to say if this is relevant information. Maybe somebody can confirm if the z star white and yellow also feel different in your hand, while playing virtually the same.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

I have tested RX, RXS, and my go to QStar Tour. Both RX and RXS have better performance than QStar tour, but the price difference is double. I am seeing more distance RXS>RX>QST. Greenside spin RXS>RX>QST. RX straighter with drives over RXS/QST. RXS and RX are pretty similar in putting, and slightly better than QST for me.

I have a stock pile of QST's to go through, and will look for deals on the BStones in the future.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Absolutely love the BX as a high speed/spin player. TP5x would be my second choice, then maybe Snell MTB-X. Biggest selling point over ProV is that these covers are all just more durable. Have a simulator in my garage, and the covers on Pro V's just get chewed up way faster than the rest of these. Have had snells and BX crack, TP5X has not.

I've found similar as others comparing the 2020 BX and the previous generation. Softer feel, more spin from the 75y and in area. That said, I've found that the ball is much less impacted by the wind. The previous generation was great in the wind, but the 2020 BX has gone deep on a bunch of iron shots into the wind. Crosswind is similar, but man it goes right through the wind on a flighted iron. Something to adjust to for sure.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

I've picked up a dozen of each of this year's BX and BXS for £32 each (normally £42). I played the 2018 BXS all last season and honestly thought it was the best ball I've played. Looking forward to seeing what this year's balls bring. Having read all your reviews I can't wait to get out on the course. I'm next playing on Thursday but in a 4ball so won't be really able to do a direct comparison. Might try a ball per hole and do a proper test when I'm by myself.

• Like 1