2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ventus blue velocore vs ventus blue non velocore

shmiddy

I have no track man info, just own both and have feels.

I think Velocore feels more solid throughout. Flight is more stable, less curvature, elevates just as quick but flattens out and has a better decent angle and mishits do not feel like your hitting a bowling ball. The good shots are much better. That being said a bad swing seems to be forgiven slightly more with the spin you TM version.

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Even though you didn't say it explicitly, the implication that "different" equates to "lower quality" or "universally worse" is very ignorant. Generally the hyped material is inconsequential given that in most designs it is only used in a relatively small portion of a single layup of the shaft and commonly is not that much stiffer than the lower cost material that would have been used in its place (great example was the hype of the Aldila Rogue 125msi vs 110msi even though the bend profile was basically identical). Ultimately the shaft companies need to find creative ways to market a perceived value proposition in order to survive (not saying that they lie, just that they greatly exaggerate the improvements of a design by not quantifying or correlating to the end result).

The reality is that the "made for" stock offerings commonly are a better fit for the vast majority of the population than the aftermarket offering. In this example, the torque/weight are negligible so we should reserve judgement until we see a quantifiable comparison of the bend profiles.

• Like 4

please don’t put words in my mouth as I never implied it was lower quality and if you search in some other threads you will see where I state that the shaft was designed to fit the larger golf community and saying the made for version being whippy isn’t the case for everyone.

I have had the chance to spend time with two different shaft companies and learned what goes into made for shafts and real deal and after market.

• 2 months later...

TXG comparison posted today. The end result for Matt's 120mph+ swing was similar with the velocore aftermarket version delivering the club slightly more efficiently/consistently, but not a night and day difference like some people would like to believe (and my guess is that the differences will be less pronounced at lower swing speeds).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my thoughts exactly also. Matt is a good enough striker to adjust his timing and swing...someone much more inconsistent would benefit from the Velocore technology

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Stetson said:

I am bringing up an old thread comparing the Velocore to non-Velocore version of the Ventus Blue.  

I am surprised that some of you watched the video and made the comments afterwards that they are really not that much different.  I didn't watch a second of the video, went straight to the data (all that matters).

Very notable difference in the following:

- "Side Spin"  (Yes I know there is no such thing, but indication the spin axis is significantly different).

- Yards offline (22 vs 3)

- Total Yardage (8 additional yards)

So the Velocore is 8 yards longer AND 19 yards closer to the center of the fairway yet someone says "Not a night and day difference" and "someone much less consistent would benefit from the Velocore technology".  Who wouldn't benefit from hitting one less club into a green and being significantly closer to the chosen line off the tee box?

2020-09-23 06_59_58-Ventus blue velocore vs ventus blue non velocore - WRX Club Techs - GolfWRX.png

Its comical how people try and dismiss the differences in the shafts. Probably Taylormade fanboys? I have no idea. I've been saying this in like 6 threads so far in the last few months...

Even the company that makes the shafts, Fujikura, has been pushing HARD the 'VELOCORE' technology in their instagram posts, social media ads, etc. That's literally the tech that makes the difference - and there is absolutely ZERO of it in the 'made for' shafts.

To say that there is no difference, even when the company that makes them says there is - is ridiculous. 

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

• 4 months later...

I bought a sim fairway a while back that had the made for ventus. I was surprised, its not as weak and whippy as i would have thought. As for that txg test, he had one very terrible ball with the stock thay really hurt his averages. Take that out as an outlier and they are pretty close. Im not saying there isnt a difference from the velocore version to the non, but i think its very marginal.

Edited by Red4282

11 hours ago, Skhacker said:

Playing the 6x "made for" and it's a great fit for my swing. Also have a 5s red that I'll tip an inch and try out. Ended up selling the aftermarket blue because I personally did not gain any benefit from it dispersion wise over the made for. YMMV. 

This is what matters. Find what works for your swing. 

I purchased a non Velocore ignorantly about 3 weeks ago and have since bought the Velocore model to replace it.  My dispersion was much better with the Velocore with my current swing speed of 116-118.   The non Velocore was tough to get a consistent flight pattern and launch angle out of no matter how much I slowed my tempo down.  I had to crank the loft up on the adapter with the Velocore to get the launch angle up to 13-14*.   

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 8 months later...

As someone who has hit both with the same driver head back to back, the non velocore version is a painted piece of trash. Spin rate was in the 3600 mark on average for the stock version and the velocore was around 2800 average. Also with the velocore, averaging around 114 clubhead speed the ball speed was up to mid 160s on average where with the stock the highest I could get was 158. Long story short, any aftermarket shaft is leaps and bounds ahead of any stock shaft. For reference, my dad just got his Callaway Epic Max 3 wood retrofitted with a Drago 55 R shaft and picked up 15 yards total off the tee with it and was playing the Callaway stock regular flex shaft around the same weight, he's 65 and plays off 16.

• Like 1

The Ventus Blue stock "made for" shaft that is in my Sim 2 is a great shaft.  It has a nice feel and a consistent performance.  I am extremely happy with it.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, bowiegolfer said:

I know this is an old topic.   But I used it to make a decision on the non velacore  shaft.

It works perfectly for me on my tsi2.   But I learned from this topic that most of you bozos over engineer every single thing when it comes to shafts and clubs. 

Head over to the putter section....your head will explode.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bowiegolfer said:

I know this is an old topic.   But I used it to make a decision on the non velacore  shaft.

It works perfectly for me on my tsi2.   But I learned from this topic that most of you bozos over engineer every single thing when it comes to shafts and clubs. 

Good for you.  I've been told the non-velocore shafts are garbage, trash, etc.  I have the non-Velocore made for shaft in my SIM 2 and it's the best feeling shaft that i've ever had in a driver.  Good luck with yours!

• Like 1

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

I swap between Velocore Black and Velocore Blue shafts in my driver.  I have a non Velocore Blue in my 3 wood and a black/red in my 7 wood. 

They all work well for me.  I really like the blue one in my 3 wood.  YMMV.   

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

• 3 months later...

Also sorry for dredging up an old topic, but I’ve now played three rounds with a blue Ventus velocore TR after using the non-velocore version for 5 months and about 50 rounds.  All of this in a 10.5 Callaway Paradym X head.

The non-velocore Ventus is really good, no mistake about it.  Very stable, very accurate; just a very good, very affordable option.  BUT I’m satisfied that the velocore version is significantly better, and FOR ME, worth the price.  Which IS quite high, after all…

I’ve picked up about 6 yards on average, and with no loss of accuracy at all.  The most interesting thing about the difference is the launch numbers on my Flightscope.  With the non-velocore, I got the best carry and overall distance by setting the Callaway Optifit adapter in the N/+1 setting.  To my surprise I got better numbers with the velocore version with the S/N setting; similar average launch angle, but slightly better carry numbers and significantly better rollout and overall distance.  

I’d have to study the numbers a lot more carefully to figure of what accounts for that, but I don’t really care; at 71, I just want yards, and 6 yards (on average) is solid gold for me.

• Like 2

I picked up a Ventus TR Red 5 R from Titleist for my TSR2 driver.  Hit it for the first time last night.  What great surprise!  Easiest combo I have hit this year, night and day better than the HZRDUS Red 50 5.0 that came with the driver.  My old mini draw returned.

According to swing speed, that shaft should be too much for my 80 mph old man move.  Maybe I swing it faster, because it seems so stable.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

On 9/23/2020 at 7:48 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

Its comical how people try and dismiss the differences in the shafts. Probably Taylormade fanboys? I have no idea. I've been saying this in like 6 threads so far in the last few months...

Even the company that makes the shafts, Fujikura, has been pushing HARD the 'VELOCORE' technology in their instagram posts, social media ads, etc. That's literally the tech that makes the difference - and there is absolutely ZERO of it in the 'made for' shafts.

To say that there is no difference, even when the company that makes them says there is - is ridiculous. 

lol of course Fujikura going to say there is HUGE difference, thats how they can justify you paying 3 or 4x more for it 

Taylormade M5 9.0 - Tour AD IZ S

Srixon ZX U 3 Iron - Tour AD DI 95 S 

Srixon ZX7 MK II 4-P Modus 120 Stiff 

Titleist Vokey SM 8 Blacked Out 60 / 54 / 50 - DG Tour Issue S400 

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 

Toulon San Diego Garage

Vice Pro

yeah i legit loved the non velocore ventus blue in my wee test run with the wilson dynapower carbon driver. was absolutely so easy to hit. in comparison, i cannot get along with the kaili white, ventus velocore blue tr, nor my current hzrdus gen 4 black (which im changing out to the kaili red which i also loved). These shafts i cannot get along with seem to have one thing in common: too boardy feeling. I loved the feeling of being able to have SOME whip which let me pretty much shape it any way i wanted to. Oddly enough, wasnt in love with the tour ad DI either, even though its apparently an easy to swing shaft. I find it even more odd that I swing it at 114-118mph and just cant get the "boardy" shafts to work for me. All in all, the non velocore blue was amazing. was absolutely thrashing the ball and hit my first 300m drive on the sim.

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, NzGolfFanatic said:

yeah i legit loved the non velocore ventus blue in my wee test run with the wilson dynapower carbon driver. was absolutely so easy to hit. in comparison, i cannot get along with the kaili white, ventus velocore blue tr, nor my current hzrdus gen 4 black (which im changing out to the kaili red which i also loved). These shafts i cannot get along with seem to have one thing in common: too boardy feeling. I loved the feeling of being able to have SOME whip which let me pretty much shape it any way i wanted to. Oddly enough, wasnt in love with the tour ad DI either, even though its apparently an easy to swing shaft. I find it even more odd that I swing it at 114-118mph and just cant get the "boardy" shafts to work for me. All in all, the non velocore blue was amazing. was absolutely thrashing the ball and hit my first 300m drive on the sim.

I don’t know if the non Velocore shaft you’re testing is the standard Ventus Blue or the Ventus Blue TR. They are different shafts in terms of the stiffness of the butt section and do play quite differently as the Ventus Blue TR moves a bit more in feel towards the Ventus Black and the previous Atmos Blue.

If you’re really liking the Ventus Blue, you should give the Ventus Blue Velocore a go (not the TR version) if you haven’t. You should find you get the same feel as the standard Ventus Blue, but with less club face twisting (which is what the Velocore is good for) which should result in straighter shots.

Where I’ve really felt it is in what your brain is saying should be a mis-hit, the ball still goes fairly straight when in your head you’re thinking that was a massive mis-hit. But the great thing is when you walk up and find your ball and it’s in play, instead of it being deep in the trees or OOB!