Having a Hard Time Hitting the 460 Drivers Well

sdbui2000sdbui2000 Members Posts: 64
Why is that so?
Over the last 3 months, I have tried many different 460 drivers on the market for the forgiveness factor. Ping G2/G5, Titleist 905R, Taylormade R7 460, Callaway x460, Cleveland Comp 460 just to name a few. I played with each for at least 3 rounds on the course. I did notice that the Ping G2/G5 and Titleist 905R were about 10 yards longer than my 983K. They took me to places that I have not been on my home golf course. Yet, I was only able to hit 5-6 fairways/round at best with all these drivers. I average 9-10 fairways with my 983K. Why am I having such a difficult time hitting these big head drivers?

Comments

• KingOAcesKingOAces Jr. Boomers Posts: 739
    Well depending how long you have been playing your K, it could be that you are so used to the small head it will take longer to get used to a big head. It took me a while to get used to my G5 after using my r7 quad for so long. I sometimes go back to my r7, but i know that a 460 driver will offer more distance and forgiveness in the long run.

KinG
  • phillypetephillypete Members Posts: 1,447
    It could be b/c of the increased torque from the larger head. Make sure your playing a shaft that can handle that.
  • herkyjerkherkyjerk Members Posts: 1,347
    Because I am a club & shaft ****, I know it takes me about 20-30 days to dial in a new driver. This is usually a few practice sessions & a few rounds. By then you should know if something is wrong. I also transitioned out of a 983K into a 460 Cleveland Launcher, took the normal time to get to where I was busting the Cleveland nice. Take your time and make sure you have the right shaft.
    Callaway GBB 9* Kuro Kage 50x
    Callaway Bertha Mini 12* Kuro Kage 60x
    Callaway XR16 17* Kuro Kage 60x
    Callaway Apex 23* 26* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Steelhead XR 6-SW XP95s
    Callaway Sure Out 58*
    Odyssey Tank #7
    Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow
  • sdbui2000sdbui2000 Members Posts: 64
    herkyjerk wrote on May 15 2006, 11:12 AM:

Because I am a club & shaft ****, I know it takes me about 20-30 days to dial in a new driver. This is usually a few practice sessions & a few rounds. By then you should know if something is wrong. I also transitioned out of a 983K into a 460 Cleveland Launcher, took the normal time to get to where I was busting the Cleveland nice. Take your time and make sure you have the right shaft.

I think your right, maybe I will give it a few more weeks. I really would like to stick to a 460 driver. Not to change the subject, but do you like the cs lites in your i5's. What flex and what is your swing speed? Ever tried the zz65?