Ebay seller ksouth9

fightingbees

Yeah its been pretty clear for a long time that they back out of a sale if the auction doesn't get as high as they want. Normally this would be murder on your feedback score and subsequent selling abilities, but they do high enough volume that the rules basically don't apply to them. They already have 84 negative/neutral feedback this year with lots of people reporting the same "oversold" experience. Its clearly a calculated move by them since they move enough inventory to absorb bad feedback and therefore eBay doesn't care.

Globalgolf is another example of a "legit" seller that breaks rules that they get away with due to volume. You are not allowed to list the same item twice, it is a clear eBay TOS violation, but they have been doing it for years. One version with BIN and free shipping and a duplicate with no BIN, a lower starting price, and a standard shipping cost. Just a sneaky tactic to potentially rope a couple people unaware of the BIN auction in to a bidding war that drives the price higher. Non BIN listings also cost less, so if that version of the listing sells then they pay a smaller fee.

All just your normal double standards for the big money earners.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

But they are so kind they sent me two sleeves of Bridgestone E6’s, yellow no less(!), for my trouble. It’s funny because if they would at least wait a few days it wouldn’t be so obvious but they just keep listing multiples of the same items and claim they ran out when the winning bid is too low for them.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 1 month later...

Registered for this Ksouth9 discussion.

Back playing after longgg time away. 22 yr old Tommy Armour Silverscot MBs needing replacing.

Yes, I'm a fool for taking it back up.

Was looking to spend $600 on new irons. Hit some at Carl's Golfland in MI. Liked Callaway. Looked for used Epic Pro 4-A on Ebay. Mostly $599 for good condition. Our friend Ksouth9 had new set of 4-A. Placed bid with $600 cap and won for 570 plus the 17.99 shipping. Clubs shipped. Box comes in as 4-P. Messaged on Ebay and searched internet (finding this forum) for more info on them. It took a few messages back and forth, but they acknowledged the error. But did not have a new Attack/Gap wedge in Epic Pro.

Same as Warrenfelyzk above, was looking at MD4 Tacticals before I bid on Epics. Asked them to ship me a 52 degree MD4 Tactical for free. They did.

Won the same auction as above with the matching 56 and 60 olive drab wedges.

Also just received my case of Truvis balls from them.

I've only had one encounter recently and it was fine. I've been in the market for some new irons and had planned on testing some out, but on a whim I saw Ksouth has a new, head in wrapper 5-GW set listed. So, I watching it and the day it was supposed to end, I put in a max bid on Cobra F9s of $420 because I was going to be out of pocket when the auction closed. Given that you can still find them new for $600, I was pretty sure they'd sell in the $450-$475 range.

But, I ended up winning the auction at $420. Then I started thinking that they'd do the "oversold" thing given that I'd read that on here, but I won the auction on Saturday, they were shipped Monday, and arrived at my door this Wednesday. Wrappers were still on the heads, all the various stickers, etc. were in place, the serial number didn't appear to raise any red flags in Cobra's system, so no complaints on this transaction.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a driver and 3w from ksouth9 and quickshipgolf, respectively, within 24 hours of one another.  I haven’t combed through the thread long enough, but the return address on both packages were identical.  I just looked even more closely and the syntax of the listings were very similar as well.

I returned the 3w and the process was easy.  I had to pay shipping back and was fine with it.

I searched for this thread because the driver I bought passes the eye test, but doesn’t perform as well as the one I had hit on a GC Quad last week with the same shaft.  Might’ve been a good day at the range that day.

4 hours ago, backhill said:

Just bought a driver and 3w from ksouth9 and quickshipgolf, respectively, within 24 hours of one another.  I haven’t combed through the thread long enough, but the return address on both packages were identical.  I just looked even more closely and the syntax of the listings were very similar as well.

I returned the 3w and the process was easy.  I had to pay shipping back and was fine with it.

I searched for this thread because the driver I bought passes the eye test, but doesn’t perform as well as the one I had hit on a GC Quad last week with the same shaft.  Might’ve been a good day at the range that day.

That's very interesting. Didn't know they were the same place - then again how would one know ?

So you returned to quickship then ? Once the 3w gets back to them and they credit you, just for fun, try to bid on something else of theirs just to see if you've been banned from bidding on their items.

Try to bid on something they've started at a ridiculously low price just in case they didn't ban you and your bid is accepted. I'm guessing you won't get that far.

Wonder if Ksouth will have, or already does have, the same policy if someone returns something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

3 minutes ago, grm24 said:

It's been discussed here in many DOND threads. Ebay seller tee2green6931 is part of ksouth9/quickshipgolf family as well.

I don’t follow these threads closely (found this through google) so I wasn’t aware this was that well known.  It was just surprising to see the same Tuscaloosa address.

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

That's very interesting. Didn't know they were the same place - then again how would one know ?

So you returned to quickship then ? Once the 3w gets back to them and they credit you, just for fun, try to bid on something else of theirs just to see if you've been banned from bidding on their items.

Try to bid on something they've started at a ridiculously low price just in case they didn't ban you and your bid is accepted. I'm guessing you won't get that far.

Wonder if Ksouth will have, or already does have, the same policy if someone returns something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If i find a club I want I’ll let you know how it goes.

14 hours ago, backhill said:

If i find a club I want I’ll let you know how it goes.

No need, I just tested it myself.

Interestingly, although I'm banned by quickship (presumably) for returning a club they described incorrectly, I AM allowed to bid on Ksouth items but NOT tee2green.

My only purchase from tee2green was 9 years ago and I did not return it.

So it would appear quickship and tee2 talk to each other but Ksouth ?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by nsxguy

Titleist Pro V1X

On 6/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, Shilgy said:

But they are so kind they sent me two sleeves of Bridgestone E6’s, yellow no less(!), for my trouble. It’s funny because if they would at least wait a few days it wouldn’t be so obvious but they just keep listing multiples of the same items and claim they ran out when the winning bid is too low for them.

I believe eBay no longer accepts emails(?). I expect the volume would crash their servers.

But did you call them and complain about the same items being listed after they told you they didn't have the item ?

Titleist Pro V1X

4 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

I believe eBay no longer accepts emails(?). I expect the volume would crash their servers.

But did you call them and complain about the same items being listed after they told you they didn't have the item ?

I contacted ksouth, not eBay. I have done so little on eBay that I was not certain of the rules. Actually won an auction on quickship at a better price. Funny how everyone says they are related but I have had a couple great transactions with one and trouble with the other.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

On 9/12/2020 at 9:51 AM, nsxguy said:

No need, I just tested it myself.

Interestingly, although I'm banned by quickship (presumably) for returning a club they described incorrectly, I AM allowed to bid on Ksouth items but NOT tee2green.

My only purchase from tee2green was 9 years ago and I did not return it.

So it would appear quickship and tee2 talk to each other but Ksouth ?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm banned from Quickship too for returning a mis-described listing. Had someones name inscribed in the club they covered with their own sticker to hide it. Whack to ban any bidding when the fault is on them. I've got over 1,300 100% feedback and I got banned. First purchase that was inaccurate from them I kept and gave to someone else, second time I returned. I think they're garbage and doesn't hurt my feelings knowing that I don't have to deal with a cynical seller. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DallasSteve said:

It's probably discussed in this thread somewhere, but the shill bidding of these guys is so blatant that it's laughable.  I'm thinking somebody could make a buck or two by filing a class action suit; the attorneys would make millions!

I'm not saying they DON'T do shill bidding, but assuming you're not connected with eBay, how can you tell ?

I mean you do say "it's blatant" so there must be a way to tell. How do you know for sure ?

Titleist Pro V1X

6 hours ago, nsxguy said:

I'm not saying they DON'T do shill bidding, but assuming you're not connected with eBay, how can you tell ?

I mean you do say "it's blatant" so there must be a way to tell. How do you know for sure ?

Plus, in order to actually have a lucrative legal case you would have to prove some sort of loss/damage. The worst that I think could happen to them is they lose their eBay selling privileges. They aren't committing a felony here, just breaking eBay's rules, and they do high enough volume that they can get away with it. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Classic bait and switch.  Misleading potential bidders into believing that, for example, if no one else bids on the item, they will get it at a low price.  They start the item low for a reason.  If they started the item where their shill bidding will take it, do you think as many people will bid?  That's why ebay created the rule.  It is misleading.  They also know that if the items have a reserve, not as many people bid on them, so they mislead you by having a reserve (the shill bid price), without actually telling you.  If I am the only bidder on an item, and I bid $300 on a $14.99 item, I should get it for $14.99; if their shill bid is set at $250, I'm going to pay $255.  If they tell you that up front, would as many people bid?  Nope.  That is the definition of misleading.  I'm willing to put in a $300 bid to gamble that I might get it for way less, but they don't tell you that you don't get that chance; they've taken it away by breaking rules that you don't know that they are breaking.  If an auction house gets caught doing that with a $5M painting, they would get hammered.  And, yes, I am an attorney.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:01 AM, DallasSteve said:

It's probably discussed in this thread somewhere, but the shill bidding of these guys is so blatant that it's laughable.  I'm thinking somebody could make a buck or two by filing a class action suit; the attorneys would make millions!

On 9/17/2020 at 11:21 AM, nsxguy said:

9 hours ago, DallasSteve said:

Classic bait and switch.  Misleading potential bidders into believing that, for example, if no one else bids on the item, they will get it at a low price.  They start the item low for a reason.  If they started the item where their shill bidding will take it, do you think as many people will bid?  That's why ebay created the rule.  It is misleading.  They also know that if the items have a reserve, not as many people bid on them, so they mislead you by having a reserve (the shill bid price), without actually telling you.  If I am the only bidder on an item, and I bid $300 on a $14.99 item, I should get it for $14.99; if their shill bid is set at $250, I'm going to pay $255.  If they tell you that up front, would as many people bid?  Nope.  That is the definition of misleading.  I'm willing to put in a $300 bid to gamble that I might get it for way less, but they don't tell you that you don't get that chance; they've taken it away by breaking rules that you don't know that they are breaking.  If an auction house gets caught doing that with a $5M painting, they would get hammered.  And, yes, I am an attorney.

I see a LOT of opinion there counselor but ZERO proof. I mean the legal system still relies on proof, yes ?

So I'll ask again "I'm not saying they DON'T do shill bidding, but assuming you're not connected with eBay, how can you tell ?

I mean you do say "it's blatant" so there must be a way to tell. How do you know for sure ?"

And which law would they be breaking (the auction house as well if you don't mind) ? I mean it can't be against the law to "mislead", I see it every day on TV. Or is it a matter of just how MUCH misleading is done ?

Titleist Pro V1X

35 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

I see a LOT of opinion there counselor but ZERO proof. I mean the legal system still relies on proof, yes ?

So I'll ask again "I'm not saying they DON'T do shill bidding, but assuming you're not connected with eBay, how can you tell ?

I mean you do say "it's blatant" so there must be a way to tell. How do you know for sure ?"

And which law would they be breaking (the auction house as well if you don't mind) ? I mean it can't be against the law to "mislead", I see it every day on TV. Or is it a matter of just how MUCH misleading is done ?

I think the proof has been posted in the past on the number of bidders that 100% of all of their bids have been limited to their auctions as well as the relisting of those items immediately after selling to these "ghost" buyers. I'm not sure about legalities but I'd guess price fixing. Here is a link showing that shill bidding on ebay is illegal based on the state. https://www.sharovalaw.com/news/shill-bidding-ebay  I'm one of those people who could care less. I just won't do business with companies that do this so obviously.

Edited by cardia10

10 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I think the proof has been posted in the past on the number of bidders that 100% of all of their bids have been limited to their auctions as well as the relisting of those items immediately after selling to these "ghost" buyers. I'm not sure about legalities but I'd guess price fixing. Here is a link showing that shill bidding on ebay is illegal based on the state. https://www.sharovalaw.com/news/shill-bidding-ebay  I'm one of those people who could care less. I just won't do business with companies that do this so obviously.

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

Not sure what you mean by "number of bidders that 100% of all of their bids have been limited to their auctions",,,,,,, wait, do you mean certain bidders are ONLY bidding on KSouth's items and nobody else's ?

I guess there are tools are eBay that I've not seen to look into showing what items user X*****T has bid on ? And all those items are KSouth's ? Can eBay even deny THAT evidence ?

Titleist Pro V1X

25 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

Not sure what you mean by "number of bidders that 100% of all of their bids have been limited to their auctions",,,,,,, wait, do you mean certain bidders are ONLY bidding on KSouth's items and nobody else's ?

I guess there are tools are eBay that I've not seen to look into showing what items user X*****T has bid on ? And all those items are KSouth's ? Can eBay even deny THAT evidence ?

Yes, that is correct. There are bidders with 1000's of bids placed just with that seller yet with no feedback. It is really obvious what is going on, but I guess ebay looks over it based on the volume of real sales and income they generate. I'm sure it happens with other ebay categories, but is more noticeable to us here because it is golf. 

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Yes, that is correct. There are bidders with 1000's of bids placed just with that seller yet with no feedback. It is really obvious what is going on, but I guess ebay looks over it based on the volume of real sales and income they generate. I'm sure it happens with other ebay categories, but is more noticeable to us here because it is golf. 

Yeah, I get the part about eBay not wanting to ban a seller who's generating thousands and thousands of sales.

So what are the tools then that allow someone to see what that specific member has bid on, what he's won, not won, etc. ?

Titleist Pro V1X

6 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Yeah, I get the part about eBay not wanting to ban a seller who's generating thousands and thousands of sales.

So what are the tools then that allow someone to see what that specific member has bid on, what he's won, not won, etc. ?

The ability to view what others have bid on and purchased on ebay has become a lot more limited lately.  You'd have to look through each item and connect the dots, which folks have done in threads like these before.  Personally, I've had lots of good buys from ksourh, quickship, etc but I just use 'buy it now' because their prices are the best and I'd rather spend a few bucks extra than mess around with bidding and having to wait several days extra to get the item.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Just click on the bids and a redacted-type list of the bidders comes up.  If you click on any of them, it will show you how many bids they have made and what % of bids on that seller's items.  Now I can't explain why they gave themself so many feedbacks, but here's one where the bidder has bid 1370 times, and EVERY  bid was on a ksouth item.  https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=402399877094&bidtid=900224935027&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

Here's an apparently different bidder with 1370 bids, ALL on ksouth items.  https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=402395579404&bidtid=899642333027&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

What a coincidence!

8 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

The ability to view what others have bid on and purchased on ebay has become a lot more limited lately.  You'd have to look through each item and connect the dots, which folks have done in threads like these before.  Personally, I've had lots of good buys from ksourh, quickship, etc but I just use 'buy it now' because their prices are the best and I'd rather spend a few bucks extra than mess around with bidding and having to wait several days extra to get the item.

I certainly understand using Buy It Now" if its' something you really want and the price is right.

But don't these guys start most of their auctions at really low prices knowing that will get the bidding going ? And once the bidding gets going it's just like (OK, similar to) in person auctions where one bidder stimulates the next ? I've sen plenty of auctions rise in price 30-50% and more in the last few bids.

And once the first bid is placed the "Buy It Now" disappears, no ? I have 9 putters on there at the moment and that's what happened on every one of them - first bid and BIN goes away.

Or is there some different BIN process for certain "stores" or volume sellers ?

Titleist Pro V1X

5 hours ago, DallasSteve said:

Just click on the bids and a redacted-type list of the bidders comes up.  If you click on any of them, it will show you how many bids they have made and what % of bids on that seller's items.  Now I can't explain why they gave themself so many feedbacks, but here's one where the bidder has bid 1370 times, and EVERY  bid was on a ksouth item.  https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=402399877094&bidtid=900224935027&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

Here's an apparently different bidder with 1370 bids, ALL on ksouth items.  https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=402395579404&bidtid=899642333027&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

What a coincidence!

Thanks.

eBay started, and continues to be even after all these years, a very amateurish site IMO. Certainly doesn't look like one that handles the 10s of millions transactions they do. You can find kludgy things everywhere around the site.

Both of your links are the same.

I look at it though and there are several strange things.

1) The left of the page says "Bid on this item 1". Clicking on the ITEM and then the bids doesn't show this particular bidder AT ALL (even when looking at "Automatic Bids"). After clicking on a few other bidders, none of them bring up the same user I.D. as shows on the auction. Any idea why eBay does that, even if a user has multiple I.D.s ?

2) n***7 turns out to be your o***n (whose page it shows when clicking on n***7). His only bid came in LATE at 55.60. It shows 53.25 because that was the next bid UP from the previous one. 9***4, the winner bumped up our n***7 to 55.60 and then overbid him again to win the auction. I have NO idea why 9***4s bid of 54.25 doesn't show (more crappy eBay "code" ?).  

3) The right side, especially the 100% bidding with this seller is certainly suspicious but given #1 above, everything eBay is "suspicious". Any site worth their salt would immediately kick out for review ANY bidder that was 100% with a single seller.

Any chance you reported this bidder to eBay ? Especially the 100% stat ?

As far as giving themselves so many feedbacks, that's interesting as well. If these guys ARE the winning bidder, Ksouth and Quickship would have to pay the fees associated with the sale and presumably ship the item and make/get paid, no ? Or cancel auctions where "they" are the winning bidder, etc.

Now I don't know their business model of course but that seems to be a considerable expense to sellers who sell items at pretty low prices to begin with.

Titleist Pro V1X