2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos Γ—

Bridgestone Golf Tour B 2020 Lineup

mikeabate18

Both are great. Liked the old BX more off the driver than either, but the mid and short game of the 2020 balls is far superior, with the long game of the 2020 XS much improved.

I’m tempted to go with the XS now honestly, something I wouldn’t have done with the 2018 ball. Overall, the 2020 balls are better. Great balls. Only ball close is the ProV1x.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

I've been playing with the BX and BXS this year trying to determine a difference. I really can't say I notice much difference at all except on chipping and putting. And that's only that the BXS feels softer. The X is slightly more clicky off the putter and short chips, but not as clicky as Srixon XV or ProV1x.

Just to see an extreme difference I tried out the RXS, my instructor had given me a 2 pack, and there is a massive difference there. I played two balls on a 162 yard par 3 with the pin in the middle of the green. One shot with each of the XS and the RXS. My 7i is normally a 160 yard club. I flushed the RXS and it flew the green. I never did find it. I hit an equivalent shot with the XS and it landed pin high left and stopped within 3 feet of it's pitch mark. I'd wager I'd gain half a club of distance with irons by switching to the RXS just on reduced spin.

I finally gave the BXS a try this past week down in PHX. It's a fine ball, but I dont see what all the hype was about. It was great off the tee, but didnt notice anything special anywhere else. It also felt heavy to me. Granted, I have been playing the TP5 for the last 12-18 months religiously. When I switched back to the TP5 after testing them it was a no brainer again for me...the TP5 will remain in the bag.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785Β 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400Β 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

I got to play last night with the BXS and BX. Unfortunately couldn't compare them side-by-side as the course was pretty full so it was difficult to compare clubs like-for-like.

First impressions of the BX having played the 2018 BXS last season are that it is a lot firmer, not brick firm, and the sound it makes off the clubhead is a lot more solid sounding. I really liked it off the clubhead. This year's BXS feels like a marshmallow off the putter and found myself leaving putts way too long feeling as though I needed to hit it hard to get to the hole, which wasn't the case. BX speed control was a lot better.

Off the driver I couldn't tell much apart as my striking wasn't consistent enough for me to compare between holes but I recall hitting a few long and straight drives with the BX. Felt like I got a little more distance with the BX as well, but no numbers or comparison.

Spin control with the BX was spot on. Stop and spin back with wedges. Even ripped a 6 iron back a couple of feet, which was quite surprising. It was a well struck shot.

Haven't spoken much about the BXS as I'd had them in the bag for a week longer. I can't fault the BXS as I know exactly how it will perform (barring bad swings!) but I think I might settle on the BX for tomorrow's competition and do a bit more on course testing in the next week or so. Or just empty both dozens into my bag and play with whatever ball I pull out! I'm more than happy with either.

• Like 1

I played the 2018 B XS and really liked the performance. i was able to do quite a bit of side by side testing a couple months ago, and found that the 2020 B X is just better for me. It's about 10yds longer off the driver, higher launch with similar spin on the mid irons, a little less spin in the short irons, but I prefer that. (hate seeing a short iron rip back), not as much spin around the green but still plenty and I have adjusted to that. In addition the feel of the putter for me is just right. Have not played it in a ton of wind yet, but hoping to play it on our scheduled trip to Ireland for the end of September, but not looking too good right now.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 RegΒ 
Ping G425Β 7wd @ -1Β Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ FlatΒ setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2Β 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7 Β 33” Rosemark grip

Β 

Played in a bit of wind today in today's competition. Our course is in the hills so can get quite windy. The BX performed well for me. It's going to stay in the bag. I like the extra bit of distance. Durability is brilliant. Hit quite a lot of wedges today and there's not a single blemish on the ball.

Somehow scrambled to a 76. I hit 3 fairways all day! Driving was atrocious, and the 76 included a shank on a par 3!

In 2019 I played the BXS after playing the ProV1 for years. I prefer to putt with the BXS, but it just spun way too far for me from 75-150 yards. This year's BXS doesn't seem to be too much different other than a little more spin from 30 yards and in. Still sucked way too many balls back with my short irons. Driver and long iron distance is just as good as last year's model and the ProV1. I didn't see this going going 10 more for my 112 MPH swing, but I just played one round with it. It's good ball though and if you need short iron and wedge spin, you'll like it.

Edit: after putting with the 2020 BXS in my house, it’s definitely softer and quieter than last year’s model. It’s indistinguishable in sound from the 2019 RXS. The only balls softer are the Chrome Soft and the Duo.

Ping G410 LSTΒ 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I still need to try these out.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
SmokeΒ πŸ”ΉπŸ”ΉπŸ”Ή15* GD IZ 6s
Β 
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey ProtoΒ 
Nike 006 Rory ProtoΒ 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

How do you tell the difference between the 2018 and 2020 ball? I found one last night and played 18 today with the BRX.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
SmokeΒ πŸ”ΉπŸ”ΉπŸ”Ή15* GD IZ 6s
Β 
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey ProtoΒ 
Nike 006 Rory ProtoΒ 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Left ball is 2 gen back.

biggest difference are the side arrows and alignment labeling. The outlineD arrows (white arrow with black outline) is only seen on the 2020. The font is also different.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

I tried it out yesterday. It was truly impressive. I found it a good 10 yards longer than my Pro V1 X on my irons. it cost me a few shots but once I adjusted I was able to control the ball very well. The BXS is soft compared to the Taylormade TP5X, which is the ball I switched to last year but I hit several tee shots, mid-irons and short irons during my round to see the difference between the Pro V1X and TM TP5X. All are great but I still think the TP5 X and now the BXS are superior to the Titleist. That probably is all personal taste but when I hit all three balls the other two perform better.

From reading here -

Slightly softer, more spin on short game shots. Some have said slightly longer off tee.

For me -

Slightly softer but I have only used one ball properly so far(2020) as still going through 2018 balls.

Β 

I think it all depends if you are sensitive to balls being slightly softer or not. I am not unless they are stupid soft so I am playing both balls fine right now.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15*Β Tensei WhiteΒ 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 ironΒ Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • ArtisanΒ  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

I played the BXS for the first time yesterday after being a die hard prov guy for 10 years. I was pretty impressed.

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X MidΒ 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TXΒ 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135Β  / Compass G.O.A.TΒ  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXSΒ 

I've played three straight rounds now with the same BXS. So, I guess that speaks enough to the durability of the ball and maybe even its ability to control. Great around the greens and I haven't noticed any significant loss of distance off the tee. Greens have been super firm recently and the ball's bite with short and mid irons is seriously impressive.

TSR2 8*,Β Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*,Β Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18Β°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8xΒ 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21Β°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMCΒ  5-P,Β DG X100
SM8Β 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
OdysseyΒ Eleven S
Tour BX

Totally agree. I played 27 on one ball and it'll go another 18 this weekend if i don't introduce it to a pond at some point. I was really impressed with the soft feel and how durable the cover was.

Β 

It feels like a blue CTU callaway off the putter / iron but is as durable as prov cover wise.

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X MidΒ 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TXΒ 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135Β  / Compass G.O.A.TΒ  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXSΒ 

I have been a long time BStone fan. I have played the B330XS and then the Tour B XS for many years.

As I entered 2020, I didn’t feel that I was getting the same pop with the XS, so I put the X in play. Got my distance back, but noticed that I lost a little height. Balls were not holding as well with approaches, but I attributed it to height. Being that I am now over 50, I decided to check my swing speed, and I am now in the low 100’s. For the heck of it, I decided to try the Tour B RX. Immediately, I got my height back with driver and irons. Distance was acceptable with no loss compared to the X. I still was not holding as well with my irons, but better than the X due to the height. Played a course with firmer greens, and grabbed a sleeve of the RXS and that worked out well....ball was grabbing nicely. I now use the RX when the greens are soft enough to hold, and the RXS when they are firmer. All of this was with the 2020 ball. I definitely feel that the height (for me) is increase with the RX and the RXS with my 101 swing speed.

Β 

FWIW

Patrick

Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w Xtorsion Copper
Ping i210Β 4-u, Glide 2.0 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

Found some mis-priced 2020 RX balls fo $31 today at Academy so will put these in play vs my 2020 X S balls for fun.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 / G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I have been playing the 2020 B X ball for the past several weeks. Absolutely awesome ball. However, in my constant state of tinkering, I bought a box of the 2020 B XS balls and used them for my round yesterday. Wow, that is now going to take over as my ball this year. no loss of distance compared to the BX (may be even gained some yards) and the feel and performance aroung the greens was better for me. The capper was off the putter, loved it. Both awesome (X and XS). Bridgestone!

Been playing the MTBx for a long time and wanted to try the new Bridgestone Bx and Bxs. Purchased a box of each because I found them on a site for the price of the previous version, have since gone back to try and get another box but they had fixed the price (59.99 in Aus back up to 69.99 now). Tried all 3 against each other on the course and found most often the good shots were with the Bxs so put it into play the last 3 rounds (76,77,81) and my handicap dropped by .9, I feel like its working really well with the everything from mid irons in. Off the tee im not sure I saw a whole lot of difference between the three balls when I tried them.

Β 

Its winter here now and very cold temperatures and soft turf, looking forward to it warming up and seeing what they perform like. At the moment though the Bxs has won me over from the Snell despite the extra cost. Would love to get on a launch monitor and get some numbers comparing the 2 Bridgstone balls and the Mtbx and ProV1/x