Club Corp Course Reviews for Play Away (Formerly Travel) Members

Has there been a change in the benefits? A friend of mine was signing up for Play Away and he said that the benefits indicate you get two complimentary green fees PER MARKET per month at country clubs nationwide. Has this always been the case? I thought it had always been two complimentary green fees PER CLUB per month. Meaning if you traveled somewhere with a handful of courses you could play each club twice on your trip. But now its seems you'd only get two rounds total, regardless of how many clubs in that market?

Currently trying to resolve a dispute with them. Buyer beware.

I signed up for Play Away last summer due to work travel. I cancelled in March. No travel for work for the year, all cancelled because of Covid. Conditions were 30 day notice, one more month charged (Which I was in April), and then the $250 early cancellation. I got charged another month in May, when expecting the cancellation fee. Haven't yet heard back on the $250 charge, which I stated I expect to be pro-rated since paying for May. *unamused*

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Under the About Section

*Benefits valid at participating clubs outside of a 100-mile radius of Member’s place(s) of residence and business, as determined by ACI, and are subject to the Play Away Membership Terms & Conditions and Membership Policies. THIS MEMBERSHIP IS FOR TRAVELING BENEFITS ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE A HOME CLUB BENEFIT. Golf benefits valid anytime Monday – Friday and after noon on weekends and holidays. Tee times are required. All benefits are subject to availability, including any black-out dates or other restrictions imposed by the participating club. Participating club list subject to change. Membership application or conversion form required, and membership is contingent on successful completion of the Club’s enrollment process. Play Away Membership is a limited membership program currently available only in select markets and residency restrictions apply. Former members have to have been in good standing. Other restrictions apply. See playawaymembership.com or call 866.659.3380 for details. © ClubCorp USA, Inc. All rights reserved.

Under the FAQ

*Benefits valid at participating clubs outside of a 100-mile radius of Member’s place(s) of residence and business, as determined by ACI, and are subject to the Play Away Membership Terms & Conditions and Membership Policies. THIS MEMBERSHIP IS FOR TRAVELING BENEFITS ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE A HOME CLUB BENEFIT. Golf benefits valid Sunday noon to Friday noon. Tee times are required. All benefits are subject to availability, including any blackout dates or other restrictions imposed by the participating club. Participating club list subject to change. Membership application or conversion form required, and membership is contingent on successful completion of the Club’s enrollment process. Play Away Membership is a limited membership program currently available only in select markets and residency restrictions apply. Former members have to have been in good standing. Other restrictions apply. See playawaymembership.com or call 866.659.3380 for details. © ClubCorp USA, Inc. All

I've been contemplating dropping this membership anyways, but this pretty much does it. Had the incident where my buddy was blamed for writing on a cart that he didn't do and they dropped his membership and banned me from that market. Then I was told travel memberships couldn't play at TPC Craig Ranch. Makes my decision pretty easy. I probably got 7 or 8 other people to join. Looks like about 6 of them are dropping it as well. Not saying that just 7 of us will effect them in any way, but I'm curious to see how many people drop the membership and if they make any changes in the future. Palmer Advantage hasn't been that good but Thousand Greens has been awesome.

Really stinks they won't let us play TPC Craig Ranch. Played there before they bought and it was a fun course.

Next best in my opinion:

Stonenridge Ranch Dye course

Gleneagles either one but the King course is my first option.

Stonebriar Fazio

Anything after those is generic to me. Clubs of Prestonwood Creek has some neat holes as well as Timarron.

I had a few friends signing up as well, they said the membership benefits are changing to 2 complementary fees per month not per club/month and no more complementary dining.

I havent seen any mails about it, I'm wondering if we are grandfathered in? I'm guessing they just cant change the benefits like that if you already signed up.

Does anyone know?

Where are you guys getting the new info from?https://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Play-Away-Membership

Says:

Tee it up at more than 200 golf and country clubs with two complimentary* green fees per club, per monthDine at private city clubs with two complimentary* meals per club, per monthEnjoy access to complimentary* TaylorMade clubsTee times available based upon availability and after 12pm on weekend and holidays*See Terms & Conditions for details.

It's supposed to go in effect July 1st. So may not have hit yet.

They didnt change the website but I had a few buddies just sign up and they informed them of the upcoming change.

I dont see how they can just change the terms for existing members though given we had agreed for at least a year to the original terms.

I'm very curious if we are grandfathered in.