2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

No one is talking about the new Tour Edge EXS Pro quipment?

TEE's new marketing campaign might generate some buzz around here. I guess winning in your Thursday night league counts for something nowadays!

knudson-2-png.png

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

I really loved my CB5 fairway wood, and wouldn't rule it going back in the bag at some point. They definitely seemed ahead of the curve with their fairways but the big OEM's have all caught up in the past 5-10 years. CB2 was a 2007 release, that was a long time ago. Taylormade released Rocketballz in 2012 and soon after all the big names had super hot FW's.

I don't like how they copy putter designs (and now these Apex-looking irons). To me that cheapens their brand and I'm sure it lowers their WRX cred.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

TXG did a video on them and the 3 wd performed better than anything else Matt has git, and the driver was right there with his Mavrik.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Read a partial review of driver by a low hc, higher speed player (105+) - he loved the Pro driver

As to TEE, I play the EX10 Beta for last 3 yrs. Converting to the normal EXS 220 - changing out shafts becaause I an a low kick type and get along wiith the GD AD F series for a fairway. Same with the hybrid. Mid kick, mid spin is no bueno for me off the deck.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I would put it in the bag this minute of I could get one with a flatter lie.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Got 2 hybrids in the bag currently. Couldn't say enough good things about them. Never had a hybrid before but went in for the fitting with an open mind and wanting to be able to fill a gap that I needed. The 5 hybrid has been perfect for either long par 3's (Utah has a lot at 220-250) and launching high approach shots into par 5's. It does exactly that and so easy to hit. This is really anti right which I like.

The 3 hybrid is a bit different and I get away without having a 3wood in the higher elevation here in Utah but it's easier to work both ways and easy to launch.

Nothing but good things to say about these and glad I decided to put the ego away and the brands to the side to get what I was fit into. These are a deadly combo with the right shaft. I doubt the 5 hybrid will leave my bag for years to come. Was planning on doing a driver fitting this year and wont ignore the driver if they have it.

I didn't get to hit the pro but I got fit into the EXS 220 driver a couple weeks ago and I love it. For me it was just as long as the Sim but with better dispersion. Already started thinking about when I can pick up either the 220 or pro 3 wood to go with it.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

If anyone is looking to check out their EXS220 line on the cheap I noticed Tour Edge has some preowned on their site. Drivers under $250, Hybos $150ish

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

It does have a weight kit. The standard is 3 grams per side. They offer 5 and 8 gram weights as well. Saw the weight kit on eBay for $69 though. To heck with that. I'll add lead tape. LOL

But did you actually give it any sort of workout ?

Was on my way out of the PGATSS this afternoon and stopped by the Tour Edge putters. For no real reason I picked up the Wingman 02 and struck a few putts. Sounded awful. Sounded like I was hitting the ball with a plastic box on the end of the shaft.

It also ended up considerably short of the target. But the roll seemed instant and it started right on target. So I rolled it for 15 minutes or so after which my original thoughts were confirmed. Sounds awful and the insert I would suggest is a soft as anything else I've hit (I think of the softer insert of the original Tour Spider - the Jason Day model).

Initially had all sorts of trouble getting the ball to the hole but once I did, it was terrific. Balance of the putter is as good as I've seen. I have a SBST stroke and this thing wanted to do nothing but go straight back (and thru LOL). 5 footers were darn near automatic.

According to their site the bottom of the putter unscrews. I'm thinking, if I can't get used to the sound, if I could somehow modify the putter a bit by putting some material behind the face and dampen the sound.

Anywho, definitely need to give this putter some serious attention.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 1 month later...

Picked up the EXS Pro driver with the Tensei orange 60 shaft and have had some very good results.  Like this driver, picked up a few more yards, this seems to be a fairly straight hitting driver. Still in the honeymoon phase, so have to get a few more rounds to give a full review though, but so far, its been a blast to use . 

I think TEE has a winner on their hands

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

• 3 weeks later...

The EXS Pro irons may look like the Apex CF19, but the EXS heads feel a lot better. Nice irons. My knock on the non-pro Apex lineup always has been the feel from the cupface design. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I picked up the new Ti-Utility 19* w/HZRDUS 80X.  I've been thoroughly impressed.  The distance and ballspeeds are impressive.  Flight is flat but able to get it up if need be.  Extremely forgiving on thin shots, good turf interaction off the deck.

I've struggled at the long end of my bag this year, seems like no club is immune to a snap hook(go figure), in an attempt to go back to what "used" to work and get a little more confidence I decided to put a hybrid back in the bag.  I went with the EXS Pro 20* w/Tensei Silver 75X.  I decided on the EXS Pro because the Ti-Utility was so impressive(when it wasn't swung like a bozo).

The EXS Pro Hybrid has been a game changer.  I set the weights up heavy in the toe to encourage a fade as my big misses are always left and normal ballflight is a little right to left(I'm RH).  I got two range sessions in prior to moving the weights.  The ball flight was good- less left biased than I typically see.  Once I moved the weights it really straightened out and I was able to play a little cut as needed.  For reference my favorite all time hybrid was a Tour Issue Adams Idea Pro w/Altus HB X.  Not until I hit the EXS Pro have I found one that felt comfortable and easier to work both ways.  The profile is different, much more mini fairway wood than iron- both in the address position and the face profile.  I've always been more comfortable with the "iron" style faces, but this thing just works.  Off the deck the sole has been great, doesn't snag, gets through the turf if I hit down on it, so I've gotten over the change in look pretty quickly

Relative to the Ti-Utility it launches about 1.5* higher and the ballspeeds are the same- thats how high the ballspeeds have been on the utility.  Carry is nearly the same(sorry I don't have spin numbers).  The hybrid sits down a lot faster if needed, or you can flatten it out off the tee.  The Utility lands hot and rolls out longer(like crazy long on firm fairways).  The hybrid is more forgiving on my toe miss and gives me a little more versatility.

So I'm a fan, both clubs have been awesome, so much so that I'm considering the 16* hybrid to replace my 3-wood.

Still playing with 17* utilities or bending the 19* stronger to get a real driving iron set up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 1:07 PM, JTK37 said:

I picked up the new Ti-Utility 19* w/HZRDUS 80X.  I've been thoroughly impressed.  The distance and ballspeeds are impressive.  Flight is flat but able to get it up if need be.  Extremely forgiving on thin shots, good turf interaction off the deck.

I've struggled at the long end of my bag this year, seems like no club is immune to a snap hook(go figure), in an attempt to go back to what "used" to work and get a little more confidence I decided to put a hybrid back in the bag.  I went with the EXS Pro 20* w/Tensei Silver 75X.  I decided on the EXS Pro because the Ti-Utility was so impressive(when it wasn't swung like a bozo).

The EXS Pro Hybrid has been a game changer.  I set the weights up heavy in the toe to encourage a fade as my big misses are always left and normal ballflight is a little right to left(I'm RH).  I got two range sessions in prior to moving the weights.  The ball flight was good- less left biased than I typically see.  Once I moved the weights it really straightened out and I was able to play a little cut as needed.  For reference my favorite all time hybrid was a Tour Issue Adams Idea Pro w/Altus HB X.  Not until I hit the EXS Pro have I found one that felt comfortable and easier to work both ways.  The profile is different, much more mini fairway wood than iron- both in the address position and the face profile.  I've always been more comfortable with the "iron" style faces, but this thing just works.  Off the deck the sole has been great, doesn't snag, gets through the turf if I hit down on it, so I've gotten over the change in look pretty quickly

Relative to the Ti-Utility it launches about 1.5* higher and the ballspeeds are the same- thats how high the ballspeeds have been on the utility.  Carry is nearly the same(sorry I don't have spin numbers).  The hybrid sits down a lot faster if needed, or you can flatten it out off the tee.  The Utility lands hot and rolls out longer(like crazy long on firm fairways).  The hybrid is more forgiving on my toe miss and gives me a little more versatility.

So I'm a fan, both clubs have been awesome, so much so that I'm considering the 16* hybrid to replace my 3-wood.

Still playing with 17* utilities or bending the 19* stronger to get a real driving iron set up

How would you compare the TEE EXS PRO to the Adams pro as far as flight and overall distance? Really interested in feedback on those two. I have an 2016 Apex but it’s 18° And I need something with less launch and spin. I bought an Adams XTD ti at 16° and turned it down to. 14.5°, but it launched super high and was maybe 5 yards longer than my Apex due to spin/launch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Im looking to fill a 3 wood slot with a hybrid, and availability is limited to a few gently used. I’m considering the TEE EXS Pro, CBX 119, Adams Pro, Adams Red, or a TEE CB Pro U hybrid...... which I haven’t  seen much info on, but they had a limited release on them, and have plenty available. 

it seems like TEE picked up where Adams left off to some degree with the hybrids. 

3 hours ago, Drivingrangehero said:

How would you compare the TEE EXS PRO to the Adams pro as far as flight and overall distance? Really interested in feedback on those two. I have an 2016 Apex but it’s 18° And I need something with less launch and spin. I bought an Adams XTD ti at 16° and turned it down to. 14.5°, but it launched super high and was maybe 5 yards longer than my Apex due to spin/launch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Im looking to fill a 3 wood slot with a hybrid, and availability is limited to a few gently used. I’m considering the TEE EXS Pro, CBX 119, Adams Pro, Adams Red, or a TEE CB Pro U hybrid...... which I haven’t  seen much info on, but they had a limited release on them, and have plenty available. 

it seems like TEE picked up where Adams left off to some degree with the hybrids. 

I have a different shaft in the TEE Pro than I did in the Idea Pro- and honestly its been many many years since I had the Idea Pro in the bag, but the flight on the TEE Pro seems to be lower and a touch flatter.  I would say longer- but with changes in golf balls etc who knows how much is the club and how much is ball/player.  I do hit it the 20* well enough that it makes me curious about a 16* to replace the 3-wood.  Currently I'm liking the UDI #2 irons as my next longest club, not playing any fairway woods

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

I will say as much as I'm liking the hybrids they have what is easily the most fragile finish I've ever had on a club of this type.  If you even look at it wrong it will scratch and chip.  A little disappointing but the performance is through the roof.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

1 hour ago, JTK37 said:

I have a different shaft in the TEE Pro than I did in the Idea Pro- and honestly its been many many years since I had the Idea Pro in the bag, but the flight on the TEE Pro seems to be lower and a touch flatter.  I would say longer- but with changes in golf balls etc who knows how much is the club and how much is ball/player.  I do hit it the 20* well enough that it makes me curious about a 16* to replace the 3-wood.  Currently I'm liking the UDI #2 irons as my next longest club, not playing any fairway woods

Thanks ? 

i carry a 2Hybrid and a 2 iron, but not much separation between the two unless it’s windy, then my 2 iron is way longer into the wind. Hoping the right head with the right loft and shaft can optimize what I have.  

I have narrowed it down to the CBX 119, the CB pro U, and the Adams pro 2014

Although the shaft I like least is in the TEE CBX 119 I could always pull my shaft out of my Callaway apex hybrid. 

my next option would be theTEE  CB Pro U hybrid that comes with a black tie shaft in it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Im my years I have only played with a few players in college and in Opens with pros that had a tour exotics fairway wood. They have always been the wood that I want to get in my bag but never had an opportunity to hit them before buying. I have never looked at them as a Budget brand but as a brand that has perfected titanium in woods and are going with what they know.

IMO they are the unicorn of fairway woods.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, golfinrig24 said:

Im my years I have only played with a few players in college and in Opens with pros that had a tour exotics fairway wood. They have always been the wood that I want to get in my bag but never had an opportunity to hit them before buying. I have never looked at them as a Budget brand but as a brand that has perfected titanium in woods and are going with what they know.

IMO they are the unicorn of fairway woods.

Whenever I play a guy that has an old worn out TEE headcover on a fairway wood I know without seeing him swing a club that he is a player. It NEVER fails. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, puttingmatt said:

Just ordered the EXS pro 5 wood, it will finish the upper end of the bag . I am very satisfied with the pro driver,  it flat out performs. 

what 3 wood, (if any) are you using?

Titleist Tsr2 9*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 15*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

On 9/28/2020 at 5:19 PM, spring7 said:

what 3 wood, (if any) are you using?

I have the Sim , thought adjustability would be nice based on courses I play, but am looking at the Tour Edge  3 wood  also.

The five wood is a very good  fairway wood. Although, that does not guarantee that the 3 wood matches that success.

The feel and sound of the Sim does not feel like Tour Edge's both past and present. Not banging on the Sim, I do like it, but still undecided if I will  keep it.

Edited by puttingmatt

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

TE makes great stuff - These look great!

Edited by Oaks
Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013