Titleist T100 or T100s VS. Srixon 785

leftycabe

Hey All, I haven't had time to keep up with any of the threads since COVID hit and ruined everything. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with testing these against one another. Better yet, playing extensively with each. I've basically gone back and forth between a Ping i model and Titleist AP2s over the years. I thought I might switch it up with the Srixons. I'm a lefty, so I haven't run across any Srixon's in left handed but the one's I've seen in right handed look a little more rounded in the toe and a bit thicker than I care for. That being said, I can adapt to most things and I've heard nothing but positive things about the endo forging. Before I get crushed - yes, I know a new model is coming out but with all the rave reviews about the 785s, I find it hard to believe they are going to be THAT much different/better. I could be wrong, but that's just my thought process.

In short, which club feels better (which to me is softer)?

What is your experience in forgiveness?

I'm feeling like making a move away from the i210s. I have really enjoyed them but I'm playing terrible this year and although it's not the fault of the irons (completely the driver's fault), I thought if I'm playing like a dumpster fire, I might as well switch things up and try something new. I'm also seriously considering the MP20SELs but don't feel like they are close as these two, although I've written in multiple threads that they are some weird kind of frankenstein of forgiveness and softness and could easily find their way in my bag.

Thanks for letting me ramble and hope all of you are doing well and stay safe.

I have experience with both T100 and Z785. I went into the fitting center with an open mind but had slight preference towards Mizuno MP 20 MMC and Titleist T100 as a close second. So it was more a matter of finding the right shaft - well at least that was the intention.

To make the long story short, the best shaft that fitted my swing was Modus 120. So while the fitter was looking for a Modus Shaft for the MP 20 MMC and T100 head, I saw a Srixon Z785 on the side that comes with Modus 120 as stock standard. So I picked it up and gave it a swing on the launch monitor just to test out the shaft...

WOW... (First word that came into my head)

So took a second swing... Felt so pure. Soft, but dense soft feel if that makes sense.

Took a third swing... All three hits basically landed nearly on the same spot. Love the V sole as well.

Tried Modus 120 with both T100 and MP20 MMC but no comparison. I couldn't believe myself as I am a big time Mizuno iron loyalist. In fact, I preferred T100 to Mizuno MP 20 MMC as well.

Comparing performance, feel, and PRICE (OMG, I bought my new set at a steal) I decided to purchase Srixon Z785.

I have now converted from Mizuno to Srixon completely... Even ordered 3 x RTX 4 wedges as well with Modus Wedge 115. (Good bye Vokey SM7...)

So my vote goes to Srixon Z785.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

Srixon softer

Titleist have a very satisfying solid feel to them.

Out of the two the Titleist fits my eye a lot better and would be my choice, and I’d have to take a look at launch, spin and gapping to see if the t100 or t100s would fit me better

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

Looks- t100 looks better to me, thinner topline, smaller bladelength and less offset. Forgiveness wise should be close to a wash. Feel wise, id say srixon has a more solid feel and is quite soft. T100 feels great too but just slightly more hollow feeling when you catch it good. Btw the t100s is the exact same iron, just 2 degrees stronger.

looks win out for me, id go t100.

20190817-160516.jpg

20190817-160605.jpgThese ol' rags? Most satisfying irons I've played since 2011 Nike vr pro combo....z585/785 combo that provides all of the needs of irons in a midsized package. These are not tiny blade like irons but they aren't obtrusive either. The z745 was never made for lefties; the z765 was too round in the toe for my taste.

I was very surprised at the playability of the v-sole for my game......I'm more shallow than steep.....I've tried pretty much all players irons in left hand having iblade( solid but lacking forged feel) 2 sets of pxg gen 0311T and 0311p combos with different shafts .......numerous others I'd rather not start to reminisce about.

I've used these for about a year now and haven't considered anything because they lack for nothing. But that's just my game.

• Like 1

Yeah Srixon is a great club. I have 4-6 z785 and z forged 7- pw. They are a great mix of players irons and forgiveness. I too was fitted for the modus 120 x and these were a stock option on a used set I picked up and had bent to my specs. Love them.

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Odyssey WH PRO 7
-----------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Currently game the Z785 but looking to move on to something new. I moved into the Srixon irons from a set of King pro cb/mb combo and have just not been able to get accustomed to the larger head size and additional offset of the srixons. I have the modus 120 stiff in the Srixons, which I also was fitted for in the Cobra's but they do feel a bit soft for me and I am struggling to not miss right with them (I'm a lefty). Looking at getting to a Titleist fitting day as the profile of the T100s are probably a bit closer to my old Cobra's with a little more forgiveness.

We are on the same path. i just got a set of the Z785. I was on the fence between the cobra cb/mb set and z785. I tested the t100 in standard with the ctaper shaft. I thought the t100 were pretty much on par with the z785 for feel and distance. If you are stuck between the two then go for the one you like the looks of best. How did you find the cobra cb/mb? I really wanted to try these but there were none around in lefty to try.

The Srixon win in all categories for me personally, they look great, have zero offset, are very forgiving and feel great. Paired with the Modus 105 shafts and these are gold.

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

old green logo.jpeg

Do you know if they’ll have lefty available for tour?

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

It's been awhile since I demoed the z785, but iirc the blade length seemed out of proportion for an iron of its type, and I didn't like the feel. I much preferred the i210 during that demo session. Of the 3 mentioned, I'd lean towards the T100.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I was in this exact situation recently. I regularly flirt with new irons but ALWAYS come back to the Ping i series. I am also left handed and currently game the i210s and have loved them since they came out but recently have been wanting something different/more. I tested t100, t100s, and 785s. I went in to the fitting leaning 785s and ended up picking them despite the fitter's recommendation. The 785s felt better than the i210 on center strikes and equal to the i210 on off-center hits. The 785s, to me, has less offset and is equal to the i210 in top line and blade length. I lost about 3 yards on average with the 785 compared to the i210 but had a better ball flight and better launch and spin numbers.

The 785 felt miles better than the t100 and t100s (softer, better acoustics, better turf interaction, and less jarring with my main miss (thin). The t100 is noticeably smaller than the i210 or the 785. Spin and decent angle were the best with the regular t100 but before we took out the bad shots I had the greatest dispersion. After we filtered out the wonky stuff the t100 provided the best numbers across the board (spin, launch, dispersion, distance control, decent, etc) but I also had more bad shots with the t100 than I did with the 785 and my i210 (warm up) combined.

For me, appearance behind the ball = confidence and the 785 gave me what I was looking for and I loved the numbers. At the end of the day, the fitter recommended keeping my i210s and if I would switch he told me to go with the t100 but I just didn't feel confident going that direction. So, naturally, I went with the 785s. They will be here today and I cannot wait to get to the range and out on the course!

Titleist TSR2+ 12.75*
Ping G425 19.5*

Titleist TS2 4h 22*
Ping i210 5-PW
Vokey SM8 52*/58*
Ping Prime Tyne
Titleist Pro V1

Mixed reviews on T100 performance low on the face. I’ve been told that is one of it's strengths.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Definitely ready to move on from the Z785s, just cannot get comfortable with the larger head size and added offset. Really enjoyed the cobra's. I had the original King forged with the orange paint job, I found them to be reasonably forgiving and much, much easier to work the ball and control trajectory (wish I didn't sell them to be honest). Fitting coming up at my local golf shop on Friday to try a few players irons out and see which way I will decide on going. Hoping to try the T100, MP-20 and possibly the Apex pros. Will look to move into a heavier and stiffer shaft to help reduce the right miss.

• Like 1

I will give it to you straight since I’ve experienced T100 vs 785 first hand and my buddy has played with the S model.

Looks: Titleist won this one. The T100 are essentially 716 CB’s packed with AP2 tech and I love everything about that. That being said the Srixon aren’t so chunky that a good player wouldn’t hit them. I actually think 7-4 iron I hit soooo well because of how confident I am looking down at them.

Feel: I think the Srixon are a hair softer so maybe Srixon won this one but the T100 feel really good too. Most of the time feel comes down to contact and I hit both really well so imo they both felt great

Distance: Srixon are stronger lofted and they are long. I gained one club over Titleist and I’m not looking back. My friend got the T100 S because he had 785’s and liked how they went a club further than titleist. This being said the T100s are similar in distance to the 785s.

Sole: I really like the pre worn leading edge of Titleist but the v sole of Srixon is better imo. The only issue I have is the T100 soles are thinner which I think make them better at times. If Srixon offered the blades in lefty I would have preferred to go that route in 8-PW to slim down the sole from the 785’s.

Shafts and Grips: Srixon won here as for the price you get an array of shafts and grips that Titleist would nickel and dime you for. Really good value by Srixon in this area.

I’m not usually biased and in this case I got to test each iron set first hand. Srixon has a real winner and a better value in my opinion. Doesn’t mean the T100 are bad but the distance gain with the Srixons with great forgiveness on top of it made it an easy decision for me. I’d be interested to see if the S model sticks for future releases or if they tweak lofts on the standard set.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord