2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Rogue hybrid = awesome!

AmpliFIRE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walked into Golf Galaxy today to buy a few grips, and walked out with a "used" Rogue 3H for $150. I'm pretty certain I'm the first person to ever hit it. No idea what it was doing there, but I couldn't pass it up.

Their sim is crap, but I hit 10 effortless bombs. Really hoping that carries over to the course.

Waked 9 after work today with 8 clubs, so I was able to give the hybrid a nice workout.

Hit it off every tee and hit every fairway. Only my 3rd time out, so I wasn't making perfect contact everytime. GPS still said drivers were going about 230. God bless jailbreak. Longest one I saw was 255, but it looked like it hit landed on a yard marker. Makes me wonder what I could do with a 2H off the tee.

Didn't have a chance to hit any off the deck during my round, but I did drop some balls down around 220 out and took some cuts. Ball got in the air really easily, and I didn't feel like the big miss was going to be an issue. Probably like my Ping G better off the deck, but it's too early to know for sure.

Shot a 39 on 9 holes. Should probably play with 8 clubs every night.

Walked into Golf Galaxy today to buy a few grips, and walked out with a "used" Rogue 3H for $150. I'm pretty certain I'm the first person to ever hit it. No idea what it was doing there, but I couldn't pass it up.

Their sim is crap, but I hit 10 effortless bombs. Really hoping that carries over to the course.

Waked 9 after work today with 8 clubs, so I was able to give the hybrid a nice workout.

Hit it off every tee and hit every fairway. Only my 3rd time out, so I wasn't making perfect contact everytime. GPS still said drivers were going about 230. God bless jailbreak. Longest one I saw was 255, but it looked like it hit landed on a yard marker. Makes me wonder what I could do with a 2H off the tee.

Didn't have a chance to hit any off the deck during my round, but I did drop some balls down around 220 out and took some cuts. Ball got in the air really easily, and I didn't feel like the big miss was going to be an issue. Probably like my Ping G better off the deck, but it's too early to know for sure.

damn that´s the reason i ordered my 2H ;) ...there should be no need to hit it off the deck, but if it´s easy to launch why not attack a Par5

just want it off the tee and find fairway everytime... currently hitting my Rogue Pro 3 Iron off the tee (230 yds carry)

if the 2H gives me few extra yds with same precision, my Driver will have a year off... no need to risk a lost ball

sooo me personally just want the 2H go as long as it can! just because i plan to hit it of the Tee 99%

DAMN if that hybrid gives me 250 carry, that would be awesome!

cant wait to test it on course, go callaway go!

GD Tour AD TP 6X Big Bertha B21 8°

KBS Tour Proto 105X Callaway XForged'18 UT 18°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway XForged'18 UT 24°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway Apex Pro'19 5-PW

DG Tour Issue Onyx S400 SM9 50°/54°/58° Jetblack

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

That does not surprise me. As Callaway has came out with some great products the last several years.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

damn that´s the reason i ordered my 2H ;) ...there should be no need to hit it off the deck, but if it´s easy to launch why not attack a Par5

just want it off the tee and find fairway everytime... currently hitting my Rogue Pro 3 Iron off the tee (230 yds carry)

if the 2H gives me few extra yds with same precision, my Driver will have a year off... no need to risk a lost ball

sooo me personally just want the 2H go as long as it can! just because i plan to hit it of the Tee 99%

Hit the 2H outside with Trackman today. 245 carry and it feels like I'm swinging a 7 iron. Just a silly club. If I wasn't driving the ball so well, I'd probably pull the trigger right now.

The ho in me knows I'll have a 2H from CPO for next season.

Hit the 2H outside with Trackman today. 245 carry and it feels like I'm swinging a 7 iron. Just a silly club. If I wasn't driving the ball so well, I'd probably pull the trigger right now.

Rogue woods/hybrids in general are like hammerheads. Such a nice ''THWACK'' to them. It's a fun series!

Rogue woods/hybrids in general are like hammerheads. Such a nice ''THWACK'' to them. It's a fun series!

Oh Hell yeah Baby..

GD Tour AD TP 6X Big Bertha B21 8°

KBS Tour Proto 105X Callaway XForged'18 UT 18°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway XForged'18 UT 24°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway Apex Pro'19 5-PW

DG Tour Issue Onyx S400 SM9 50°/54°/58° Jetblack

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

Why can’t someone make a 3 hybrid that goes the distance of a 3 iron but higher launch? Isn’t that the purpose?

Do I now have to buy a 5 hybrid for 3 iron distance?

I’ll have to try it...

Mizuno did. It just wasn’t a big seller.

Taylormade M5 Tour 10.5* 

Taylormade 300 Series 15*

Taylormade Sim2 Max 18*

Titleist 818H2  21*

Titleist 718 TMB 4 24*

Titleist 718 AP2  5-PW

Mizuno T20  54*   58*

Taylormade Spider GT  #3

I got away from the hybrid's a couple years ago because I couldn't produce consistent distance. I had a handful of them: a couple Titleist, an Adams and a Taylormade M1. Now, when i say consistant; I could go out one day, stripe the ball 230 consistently. Then, the very following day: same course, same weather and same swing, I would walk up and crank 250-260 and hit into all sorts of problems. At first I thought it was a shaft issue but after about a few different shafts and playing with weight, kick points etc. it felt like a lost cause. In the end, I think it cost me more strokes than I gained with them. Has anyone else had this issue or am I the unicorn on this thread?

Taylormade M5 Tour - HZRDUS (HC) Yellow 6.5

Taylormade M5 Rocket - Miyazaka Mizu 7x

Taylormade Gapr Lo (3) - Aldila NVX 

Mizuno MP-59 (4&5) - KBS Tour Flt-x

Taylormade P7TW (6-P) - KBS Tour Flt-x

Titleist Vokey SM7 (54S&60L) - KBS Tour Flt-s

Newport 2

I hit it just over a week ago, not a fan personally, seemed to sit closed. Initially I thought it was due to the boxy toe shape, but the Trackman data backed that up. My miss 90% of the time is a slight push but I didn't hit anything right of centre with the Rogue, it was all left or middle.

The positive was it went 2m further than the M4 and 3m longer than the F8, but both of those didn't go left and had a tighter grouping, hit them all with the same 3 shafts and the left tendency was a constant with the Rogue, not with the other 2.

Good for people who battle a slice I guess.

Shape reminds me of the 815 hybrid with a glued hosel, I like it! Bet they are strong performers. I'm not looking to max out distance with my hybrids, need them to fly reliable distances approaching greens.

If I didn't love my Apex hybrids so much I would definitely be eyeing these.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all in on these- they are phenomenal. Started with the 3- added the 5, now the 6 is on order. I like to use a really smooth swing, which is making the stock shaft work great for me. If I really try to go after one they do go insanely high though. It's hard to explain but all the Rogue's have a unique feel to them, especially the fairway and hybrid- it's like you can feel the jailbreak....

I hit the Rogue 3H last week and had a 215 avg. carry, the easiest, most accurate, consistent club I've ever hit along with the Rogue SZ 3 wood. I'm not a super experienced golfer but that was the most fun I've had hitting golf balls. Both were dead straight no matter what I did.

The Hybrid had the KBS Prototype 85 X-stiff.

How would you compare the club to your Ping G? Longer? Feel?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Why can’t someone make a 3 hybrid that goes the distance of a 3 iron but higher launch? Isn’t that the purpose?

Do I now have to buy a 5 hybrid for 3 iron distance?

I’ll have to try it...

Mizuno did. It just wasn’t a big seller.

Hey JP, which model are you referring too?

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

Sim2 Ti 3w

TM Rescue 16

MP20 HMB 4/3

MP20 MB 5-P Modus 120x

T22 52.09S T22 56.14S T24 59.11V

Oworks 7s

How would you compare the club to your Ping G? Longer? Feel?

Thanks!

Just saw this, and I don’t think there is a correct answer.

The Ping is better iron replacement for me because I have G irons. Sounds and feels like s***, like the rest of the G line.

The Rogue is a great fairway wood replacement. Stupid long. The Rogue 3 carries about 35 yards longer than my Ping 4, and my Rogue 2 is as long as a 3 wood. Shorter shaft definitely helps me make square contact more often.

• 2 years later...

R Rogue

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0