PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

Another update.

I play a minimum of 3 times (sometimes 4) a week and the irons continue to perform well. Initially they did feel a bit light and I was "jumping" on some shots, but I adjusted and things are fine now. I pulled the gap wedge and put back my old gap wedge. We have had quite a bit of rain and I was was digging quite a bit on full shots. I think when I go back to Florida, I will put it back in the bag as the turf conditions maybe better for that particular club. I continue to hit the balls high and have no issue stopping them on the greens. In fact, I wonder what the actual angle of descent is? I should do a gapping session on Trackman with the club pro, maybe I can gain a few yards with a degree stronger loft without sacrificing stopping power. Tinker, tinker, tinker...

Regarding the question on the 0211 vs Apex 19. I bought new the Apex 19 with PX LZ 5.5 ,5 thru gap. Having owned close to 50 sets of irons it's amazing how similar they seem to become. Must be the swing,LOL. Most of those sets were probably forged player cbs but also 5 sets of Pings and various other typically highly rated sticks, including custom fitted 545s which are close to the current Srixon model you mentioned. Took seven weeks to get my PXG (ordered April 28) Thought I would try graphite for a change and the MMT seemed a new type shaft. Have 5-gap,MMT 80 stiff ,soft stepped once. Had to go on medical from CC of 30+ years for this year but can hit balls at range. Can't give a true evaluation without actual course experience but can say I liked the Apex 19 feel as most do and the 0211 with the MMT shafts feel better. Not sure on distance difference between the two but whether it's the shafts or club head the PXG seem straighter . Not much help here I know with my lack of on course play but after owning all those sets I spoke too I can say ,although it wasn't a brilliant financial move taking a bath selling my Apex here the cost 0211 reduction made it less ridiculous, I really like these PXG and going to try and get on a local track to get better feedback. No buyers remorse.

Have not had time to get them on the range. I’m going to try them this weekend.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Thanks for the feedback. Let's us know how it goes. I have pxg 0211 now and worry the mmt would be to light. Wish they offered the mmt 105.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I hit a friends 0211's in the same shafts I have for my 919's. I was surprised at how good they felt for a cast iron club, I'd be interested at their price point if the heads were smaller and had more of a player profile.

Ordered the 0211's on 4/26. Received on 6/22. I specified 1 degree upright to match(somewhat) my ping I25 blue dot lie when I had them checked at Ping a few years ago. Also 1 degree strong to get close to my Cobra F9 speedbacks. I wasn't fitted and didn't specify a swing weight. Beautiful looking clubs but after 5 rounds and 1 range session looking at them you would swear they were forged. A lot of scratches and dings. I will admit I am only a 15 index and very inconsistent. A birdie hear followed by a bogie 2 pars an a double. I was far more inconsistent with these than anything I had ever hit and I have hit plenty. The clubs felt very lite. I had them matched with the Mitsubishi in a stiff. 86 grams I believe. I checked the swingweights this week and found that I had a range of C6 to C9. Unbelievable. This afternoon I went through each iron,applied lead tape, and got my 5 through gap very close to D2. I'm playing in a little group tournament tomorrow at a course I play about once every year or so but really like. Hopefully the weighting helps. I tried a few test shots into the woods from the backyard this evening and they felt better than my previous 5 rounds. Crossing my fingers.

After working hard for the last couple of weeks to fix the damage and swing flaws caused from adjusting to how light the 0211s are, I walked out of my round today pretty impressed.

My swing still isn’t anywhere close to where it needs to be, and even tho I feel like I have had to Put in way more effort to make a good pass with these irons than I ever have before, with any other set of clubs that I have ever had, I can’t argue with the results and forgiveness.

I clubbed down from what I would normally hit into a green, and still flew the back. I missed a few off the toe side, and was amazed to find out i was still pin high. I thought I needed to step on one at an over water par three, and ended put this nasty lunging, OOT weak slice on it that should have landed in the water, but instead wound deep on the far side fringe.

I got away with some stuff today that I flat out shouldn’t have, and wouldn’t have before with other clubs I’ve played.

There have been numerous complaints about the swingweight, and not being able to feel the clubs because of how light they are, especially on the PXG pages. But today has me feeling like if you can work thru them, these clubs will absolutely deliver.

And just as a side note- The adjustments I’ve made trying to get used these irons has completely ruined my previously fine driver swing. I hit like 3 fairways, and i just couldn’t get right. Which left me in all kinds of crappy positions. I got some good opportunities to hit a lot of shots with the 0311x I added to the top of the set. Can’t say enough great things about it. Even tho I’m just getting the 0211s to work for me it literally has me thinking about dumping them for a full set of 0311s just on principal.

That's a disgrace with the swing weights. Its one thing to have the set too light, and to be somewhat expected with a lighter graphite shaft, although 85g is a decent weight. But to have a 3 point variation throughout the set. I would stuff those back down on PXG and tell them to as least give you a consistent C9 across the whole set. How brutal is it to have to stick 12g of lead tape on the back of a brand new iron to get if from C6 to D2?

Well, finally got my 0211s out after they were sent back for a reshaft with i95s. Wasn’t able to hit them on the range this week, but played a scramble yesterday and just hit my old faithful g25s bad. My iron game has not been as sharp as normal this season, which led me try the 0211s. Let me just say, could not be happier. First iron shot of the day, little knock down 9 iron, never left the flag, 7ft past the hole, birdie. Next hole, great 8 iron yardage, 10ft pin high left of the hole, birdie. Knock down wedge into the par 5, 12ft, birdie. Full 7 iron into the par 3, perfect flight right at the pin 20ft short, lipped out. 5 iron on #10, 6ft underneath the hole birdie. Hit plenty of other good iron shots the whole day. Feel was sooo good, they look perfect to my eye, and flight is a little lower which is to be expected vs the g25s. Turf interaction was great. Can’t say enough good things about them. Been looking for something to take my g25s out of the bag for years, but might have finally found them!

• Like 1

As far as the stock grips go, I think they suck. Two range sessions and they just feel too spongy for me. Have not hit with them In damp conditions but I won’t have to. Just wanted to chime in on this.......thanks for listening I feel better now....

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

They are AWFUL! Literally the slickest grip I’ve ever felt. I was lucky enough to order mine un gripped and was able to sell them to someone. For some reason he said he loved them.

They do suck. I wish they hadn't switched from Pure Pro grips, those were perfection.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Numerous rounds in with the 0211 Modus 120 and I cannot say enough good things about these. I have hit so many memorable shots with these. First round I was a ball roll from an ace with a 5 iron from 194. I am having way more birdie chances with these over my P790’s.

They feel amazing from the center and the spin is WAY more predictable. Distances are way more predictable over the 790’s. I did have the 790’s for two years.

Game changing irons for me.

Love Modus 120 and the grip just suck. PXG needs GP to be the standard.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just got my set, purchased via the PXG ebay store.

The condition surprised me. They were listed as Very Good but look like they have never been hit.

But was also surprised at how petite they look next to my 0311XF/0311 blended set.

Much more of a player look.

The confidence I have looking down at my Xfs turns to nervousness looking down at the 0211s. Like comparing Ping iBlades to i25s.

Less pleasant, and less of a surprise given earlier posts is how light they feel.

Mine have the Mitsubishi shaft. I don't know the actual swingweight (I'll have it checked) but they feel much lighter than my 0311 short irons with C Taper light and my long irons with the KBS 80g which were built to D2.

I'll give them a try, but am not feeling hugely confident.

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

Went to the range today with the 0311T Gen2. Range was in terrible shape, water and mud all over, so I didn't really get a great feel for distances, but man I love those wedges. I'm definitely working on getting used to proper length clubs, my old set was 1/2in shorter. I was hitting a bit behind the ball until I adjusted. So far so good though. And mine are now at the golf store getting MMC put on. Those stock grips are definitely trash lol.

I just replaced my Ping G25 irons with PXG 0211. Mine have the Elevate 95 stiff (non-tour) steel shaft. I really like them. The feel is outstanding. I find them to be more precise than the Pings which I had fitted with Nippon 950GH shafts (my favorite shaft). I also hit them higher. They are less forgiving in turf interaction because they have less bounce than the G25. They play more like the Mizuno JPX 919 in this regard. At their current price, I don't think there's a better value out there. Unless you go used.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternate set: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

I just made the same switch from g25s. I’m loving my 0211s.

Well, finally got my 0211s out after they were sent back for a reshaft with i95s. Wasn’t able to hit them on the range this week, but played a scramble yesterday and just hit my old faithful g25s bad. My iron game has not been as sharp as normal this season, which led me try the 0211s. Let me just say, could not be happier. First iron shot of the day, little knock down 9 iron, never left the flag, 7ft past the hole, birdie. Next hole, great 8 iron yardage, 10ft pin high left of the hole, birdie. Knock down wedge into the par 5, 12ft, birdie. Full 7 iron into the par 3, perfect flight right at the pin 20ft short, lipped out. 5 iron on #10, 6ft underneath the hole birdie. Hit plenty of other good iron shots the whole day. Feel was sooo good, they look perfect to my eye, and flight is a little lower which is to be expected vs the g25s. Turf interaction was great. Can’t say enough good things about them. Been looking for something to take my g25s out of the bag for years, but might have finally found them!

Lol

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in here but there are 50 pages lol

has anyone had issues with lofts being off when they receive these? I got 5-G. After 7 rounds with them the 5,7,8, and 9 seem to be going correct distances. 6, pw and gw seem short.

haven’t had them checked yet, but wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.