(NO BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS) Air Jordan GOLF footwear - AJ12 Low G Cherry - 12/13/22

That's why I think an expanded line could get more people into it. It's nostalgia for a lot of people but they also are making a really good golf shoe. I personally wasn't a fan of the 11 basketball shoes but they may be the best golf shoes I own as far as comfort and style. All you have to do for some people is get it on their feet and they're hooked.

They would need a line to start with. I feel like their offerings are staggered at best. It’s interesting they never offered Keegan’s shoe for resale (I know people hate that model, but still). They would at least need to sign a signature athlete. I love HV3 but not sure he can carry the brand and isn’t of the same championship pedigree as those who get their own shoe.

Agreed they don’t have a signature athlete and it would take some effort but I think if they did it could turn into something really nice. They have a decent stable of current players with Keegan, HV3, Luke Donald, and Pat Perez. Would love to see them branch out and maybe try to snag one of the big names. Clothing line is bland and there’s not much effort there but the shoes are always pretty fire.

If a signature athlete got signed, they’ll probably want to have a line developed around them and there in lies a potential issue.

Will the athlete be content with wearing a line of retro-themed Js which is what the majority of golf consumers wants or does NG/JB roll the dice investing in developing a whole line for the athlete, which may not move product in the marketplace?

Check out your local dicks sporting goods and get back to me. Nike has a golf shoe for literally everyone. Even those who are more traditional in style. The Victory Tours are as classic as it gets. If someone is loyal to a brand like footjoy then that’s a market you’ll never capture. But no company wastes their time trying to convert loyalists. The loyalists are far from a majority though. 99% of golfers have mixed bags and from head to toe are outfitted with 3+ different brands. Nike could dominate the golf shoe market by releasing better products. Not sure why you mentioned the cost of the retros as an insult to my point. It actually supports my point. The market for retros are small. The people that want them (myself included) will pay the premium for them. The ones that wouldn’t pay it don’t really care anyways. If Nike cared an inkling about their golf marketing team, they could and would dominate the golf shoe market. Just my opinion.

Just to clarify, my opinion is that Jordan brand golf stuff is a niche market and should therefore remain a niche market. The ADGs try to get away from that and branch out but it didn’t work. The Jordan golf line is a niche market under the Nike golf brand. Those who care will continue to care. Those who don’t care will likely never care. I have people I play with that literally don’t care what shoe they wear as long as it’s affordable. Nike has a shoe for that. Then you have people like me that try to buy every retro Jordan golf shoe at release and I’m running out of room for my golf shoes. Nike has a golf shoe for the budget friendly person, the fanboy like me, and everyone in between. Their retail and marketing strategy in golf is atrocious and they don’t seem to care because it’s such a small amount of revenue for them that it gets pushed to the back of the line.

Nike golf is Jordan golf. My only issue with the Jordan golf is the lack of great marketing and consumer research. The ADGs suck. The retros are phenomenal. Nike is failing to capitalize on the market for Jordan’s effectively. I think what they do with limited releases is great because it builds value for those who purchase them. But the way they introduce them and how they market a “re-release” is absurd. As a whole my point is that Nike should dominate the golf shoe industry. Jordan is just a piece of the puzzle that doesn’t fit currently because they haven’t figured you need to turn the piece to make it fit. Look at how Jordan broke in to the baseball cleat game. They signed a signature athlete (Derek Jeter). They made a shoe for him and sold it at retail. Jeter retired and now they have a strong retro line of cleats. That should be their approach to golf as well just on a larger scale because the industry is bigger.

It’s a Jordan thread, so normally you stick to that part of the equation.

I wouldn’t agree with the use of the word “strong” there. Over the past couple of years, they’ve had one retro offering/year available to the public while providing PEs for major leaguers. The Jeter offering was nearly a decade ago. They hardly make a dent when it comes to GR baseball.

they release golf cleats the same way they do with other retro releases. Why would they change up for golf? ??‍♂️

I went to Google and search Jordan 11 golf shoes. The first result was a white pair of size 10.5s sold from Nike for retail through Google. Is this legit? I can't find them on the app or website.

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Paradym 💎 💎 💎 S TC 10.5* Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Mavrik SZ TC 17* Aldila Rogue White 70S

Callaway Apex UW 21* Project X Hrzdus Smoke Black 70S

Callaway Apex 19 4H 23* Project X Catalyst 70S

Callaway Apex TCB 5 - AW Project X 5.5 shafts
Callaway Jaws Raw 56* bent to 55* & 60* Project X 5.5 shafts

Odyssey White Hot Versa Three T Slant / Mizuno M Craft V Blue Ion

Titleist Pro V1x

I bought a pair of baseball cleats off the Google Shopping section. They said the were from Nike, but they were $15 cheaper than the NDC. I bought them and was charged directly from Nike and they showed up in a Nike box with Nike packing tape.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Yeah, sounds like they had 1-2 pairs and sold out. I couldn't pull the trigger knowing I have a brand new pair of TPs and some Flash Crimson ZITs due to arrive on Monday. I was very tempted though

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Paradym 💎 💎 💎 S TC 10.5* Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Mavrik SZ TC 17* Aldila Rogue White 70S

Callaway Apex UW 21* Project X Hrzdus Smoke Black 70S

Callaway Apex 19 4H 23* Project X Catalyst 70S

Callaway Apex TCB 5 - AW Project X 5.5 shafts
Callaway Jaws Raw 56* bent to 55* & 60* Project X 5.5 shafts

Odyssey White Hot Versa Three T Slant / Mizuno M Craft V Blue Ion

Titleist Pro V1x

• Lesmond changed the title to (NO BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS) Air Jordan GOLF footwear - AJ12 Low G Cherry - 12/13/22