Ebay Shady Bidder Alert - Quickshipgolf

bnperrone

I've noticed for a while that anytime you search for a particular item you'll see low priced options with a lot of bids that just so happens to get bid up successfully, and it's always that way with this seller. Obviously pricing low is a legit tactic, but not when it's manipulated. I got firsthand experience with it bidding on a putter. In the end, the price was still pretty attractive, despite the grip being misrepresented as Winn and clearly only a Winn end cap was put on a different grip. There was no headcover either, so it wasn't a smoking deal. You can also see a legitimate buyer wound up with it in the end, but the price was clearly bid up by related bidders. Please see below for the bidding history on the item, and some of the bidders' own histories. The way Ebay anonymizes usernames makes it a little wonky to follow, but the feedback scores link them. Look at the 100% bidder-buyer relationships over dozens of items, bidders with zero feedback, etc. Keep in mind these are actual bids vs automatic bids. The person who brought it up to my initial max $100 range was manually making bids, inching up to find where I'd still have the high bid but without entering an automatic bid threshold of their own They could tell when they hit my max because their $99.20 bid was replaced by my $100 despite the $2.50 bidding increment. They then walked away and never made another attempt.

I don't think this is a huge surprise to people who follow the marketplace, but when I dug into it it became clear that there's no way it was a coincidence. I notified Ebay but I can't imagine they'll do anything to a seller who generates that level of fees for them. If I'm not allowed to start this conversation mods please let me know, but I'm providing strong evidence and not simply lobbing an accusation.

ebay-bidding-history-1.png

ebay-bidding-history-2.png

ebay-seller-history-1.png

ebay-seller-history-2.png

I rarely bid on things, but I've used 'buy it now' about a dozen times with quickship and theyve been fine each time. YMMV I guess.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Quick ship has a history of this like other high volume sellers. Ebay will never shut it down as it drives up their revenue in closed item pricing. I’ve bought from them before but bid my max bid in the first bid. Let their own employees bid it up if they want, but it is sad that eBay allows this to be a common practice.

• Like 1

They and their affiliate accounts (ksouth and tee2green) have been accused of shilling and selling fakes in the past:https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1541648/ebay-member-quickshipgolf-shill-bidderhttps://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1221092/ebay-seller-ksouth9https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1506312/quickshipgolf-ebay

Unfortunately they do far too much volume for eBay to ever do anything about this. They have created a market that is so buyer-centric in terms of protection that they have tied their hands a bit in terms of enforcing potential seller rule violations like this.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I 100% agree with OP. I’ve always tried to avoid this group of sellers, but lately I could see what they were bidding up to for a driver I wanted and it was a good deal. Of course they did bait and switch on shipping. The ad said USPS priority mail, but now I’m waitng over a week for delivery as they used UPS instead. This all could have been avoided if wrxers would check the WTB forum before listing.

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

I've sold and shipped out a bunch of old stuff recently, and USPS 2-day priority has been fast on most of them and a couple days slow on a few. No rhyme or reason to it. Fedex 2-day took almost a week on one occasion. I only used it because that was an ebay sale and it was just as cheap as slower methods. It's rolling the dice, and I have a feeling that all of the shipping agencies have some processing centers being hit hard by absences.

I'm not arguing against your experience, but it seems very unpredictable these days no matter what service is used.

I have bought lots of stuff from quickship, but always via buy it now. Crazy good prices, items as described, and quick shipping. One of the first sellers I look to when looking for a previous model in new condition.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I'm not sure they shill bid but I am sure that if you bid and win at a price that is too low... they may very well simply not honor the sale and will end refunding your money once you call them on it. How do I know? Because I have had it happen to me twice now. And yes Ebay turns a complete blind eye to this activity.

Despite this being true... I have purchased some items which were very good deals through them.

I am sure all of the stories here are true but I recently had a great experience with them. I won a g25 lob wedge for $15 and the following day a g25 sand wedge for $23. I messaged them and they combined shipping. Clubs were sent out within a day and I received them within a few days. That said, there was another g25 lob wedge they were selling that ended a few days later and I noticed like 30 bids and a number of 0 feedback bidders. Don’t know if they are shill bidders but could be and the price was bid up to $45.

I've bought from them and will continue to do so. The shill bidding or the potential cancellations don't bother me but maybe my standards are low? Nothing I buy from them is stuff I need. I set a price and if it is above, I move on. I only bid at the last minute/second anyways so by that time, I have a good idea of the final price. Great deals to be had.

As I mentioned above, I recently had a great experience with this seller. I purchased 2 ping G 25 wedges very cheaply and they combined shipping (total cost was less than $50). The transaction was seamless. That said, I have been watching some of their other auctions lately and something just doesn’t make sense. I’ll let you be the judge. Two sets of Ping g25 irons, stock CFS steel shafts, one went for $760 plus $18 for shipping and the other for $405 plus $18 for shipping, both appeared to have been won by the same buyer with a 17 feedback rating who placed a bid a day or so before the auction ended. Here are the links:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Ping-G25-Black-Dot-Iron-Set-4-W-U-CFS-Stiff-Flex-Steel-Shafts-/324225771675

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Ping-G25-White-Dot-Iron-Set-4-W-U-CFS-Stiff-Flex-Steel-Shafts-/333661825248

I definitely expect people to have good experiences. They have 150k+ transactions. But, you know, at the same time fraud is fraud. If somebody sells stolen goods, for example, it doesn't reflect positively on them when the buyer is happy. Same goes for the shill bidding.

When the item I was bidding on was being driven up, it happened a day or two before the end of it. I think basically they do their best to jack it to an acceptable point and then step away. The goal is to leave it where an auto-bid keeps an actual bidder in high position. That's exactly what happened with mine. It's possible that in this case they accidentally overshot the legitimate bidders and then nobody else was interested. Or it's a complete coincidence, but it's a red flag regardless. What really did it for me was seeing the 100% bidder/seller relationship among dozens and dozens of items. In the case you posted above, it's 100% over 167 items bid on. Nobody is going to convince me that there are legions of legitimate ebay buyers making hundreds of bids with minimal transactions and bidding solely on items from any one seller. It's absurd.

image.png

I just wait to bid until 5 seconds, make my highest bid I'm willing to pay. I've gotten some crazy deals in the past 2 years. Many from quickshipgolf and ksouth.

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

This. You have to wait till the very end to bid to avoid the BS. And at that point either the price will be too high and you'll walk or you may have a shot at a great deal... but bidding early rarely ever works anymore. Ebay is terrible, I only go there if I'm desperate, drunk, or really bored.

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Agreed on all. It's also frustrating that it skews the entire marketplace. Any normal person is going to do some market research before they price an item to sell or purchase. If you trust Ebay policies then these listings will give an unrealistic low price mid-auction because they'll just be fraudulently bid up later. It hurts everybody. I'm just hoping to bring some awareness.

This is their M.O. and has been for a long time. If you can find what you want via 'Buy It Now' that's the way to go. Some good deals to be had with them. If you do win an auction with a low price, there is a good chance they will cancel the sale saying the item is out of stock, then relist it the next day. Had this happen to me a couple of times, so just stick with B.I.N. with this particular seller now.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hate to necro an old thread but just got banned by Quickshipgolf for returning a fake TM Driver. Shaft (Fujikura speeder evo) broke after hitting it 7 times on the range first day it arrived. On closer inspection, the white shaft color was off, and the shaft had a couple holographic stickers on it above and below the band. Per this blog post, the wrong placement is common among fake TM shafts.

http://golfclubbrokers.com/blog/identify-counterfeit-golf-clubs/

Seems like I can still bid on their other account, ksouth9, but if they're unknowingly selling fakes, probably best to avoid.

3 hours ago, Mizunofanboi said:

Hate to necro an old thread but just got banned by Quickshipgolf for returning a fake TM Driver. Shaft (Fujikura speeder evo) broke after hitting it 7 times on the range first day it arrived. On closer inspection, the white shaft color was off, and the shaft had a couple holographic stickers on it above and below the band. Per this blog post, the wrong placement is common among fake TM shafts.

http://golfclubbrokers.com/blog/identify-counterfeit-golf-clubs/

Seems like I can still bid on their other account, ksouth9, but if they're unknowingly selling fakes, probably best to avoid.

Show us pics of the shaft

Callaway AI Smoke 10.5°(9.5°) - GD Tour AD IZ 5

Taylormade SIM2 TI 3W 15°(14°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 HMP (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Vokey SM8 52°(50°) F Grind

Vokey SM8 56° M Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

I highly doubt it was a fake. Looking at your photo it was a Gloire driver and I dont believe - but someone may be able to prove me wrong - that those were ever faked.

Not to mention the guide you linked to for spotting fakes is so so so out of date and for clubs made a long time ago.

I just dont think we have all the details here to believe either you or the seller.

• Like 4

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

51 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I highly doubt it was a fake. Looking at your photo it was a Gloire driver and I dont believe - but someone may be able to prove me wrong - that those were ever faked.

Not to mention the guide you linked to for spotting fakes is so so so out of date and for clubs made a long time ago.

I just dont think we have all the details here to believe either you or the seller.

It also looks like that club hit balls pretty high up towards the hosel on the heel.

• Like 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

3 hours ago, Bad9 said:

It also looks like that club hit balls pretty high up towards the hosel on the heel.

No thats a smidge from the rain I wiped for the photo. Started drizzling when I took the photo in the parking lot. 7 hits from a club previously in plastic and we get a shattered shaft? How do you explain that?

4 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Nearly all expensive clubs get faked, this one still retails at $650 from Dicks and Golf Galaxy even though the model is several years old.

The Golf Galaxy by me has exactly one M gloire driver still in stock. I compared my clubs shaft with theirs and noticed the difference.

The guide I linked could be out of date but my shaft had two holographic stickers, one above and one below the band. If that's the correct placement for that club, it's a good sign, if not, well, another bad sign for the club. 

Keep in mind I've been playing for years and this is the first time a shaft broke on me. On hit 7 too.

37 minutes ago, Mizunofanboi said:

Nearly all expensive clubs get faked, this one still retails at $650 from Dicks and Golf Galaxy even though the model is several years old.

The Golf Galaxy by me has exactly one M gloire driver still in stock. I compared my clubs shaft with theirs and noticed the difference.

The guide I linked could be out of date but my shaft had two holographic stickers, one above and one below the band. If that's the correct placement for that club, it's a good sign, if not, well, another bad sign for the club. 

Keep in mind I've been playing for years and this is the first time a shaft broke on me. On hit 7 too.

Shafts break all the time. new ones at that. There's a 10 page thread in the tech section here of brand new Ventus TR shafts snapping in half as a fairly common occurrence - so just that sheer factor doesnt make something fake or not.

• Like 2