2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

PXG Order Time

golfer20

The Tensei is now a $200 upcharge on the Proto driver. That makes it a bad deal and takes it back to normal price. Seems like bait and shift to me. Is the Tensei that comes with the Ping G410 the real deal and if it is how can Ping offer that at no upcharge and PXG charge $200 for it? Proto is a bad deal with that shaft...

I think that is a "made for" shaft.

PXG 0311 Tour-1 10.5° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
PXG Sugar Daddy II - PX - 49° (50°)

PXG Sugar Daddy II - PX - 53° (54°)

PXG Sugar Daddy II - PX - 58°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

Box update. My last club that I got was a hybrid and it came in the Black box with the plastic handle in the side. I just got my last club (for now) a 5w and it came in a new style black box.

The new box is essentially a regular cardboard box in black - it has a lid that opens with two flaps that tuck in - nothing special - AND there is no internal foam to prevent the club from moving. There was a little bit of black paper in mine so that the club was pretty free to move around in there. On top of that, the wrench package was free in there to move as well - the wrench is in in bubble wrap, but why pack a high-end golf club like that? At least put a couple wads of paper to hold the club in the center of the box so it can not move and wrap the wrench pack in one of those wads. Almost no change in packing but the club is not going to be damaged.

Sorry I am anal about my clubs not getting dinged :) I cringe when I see people that ride in carts and pull their headcovers off so that the clubs get chipped up as well :)

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

My Closer was delivered today. A little frustrated.

The putter came in a black box, but was unsupported and just packed with its head over on. No bubble wrap or anything. Coming cross country, the black finish on the shaft is already worn like it’s been yanked in and out of a bag for 3 months. The finish on the head also looks like it’s straight up used.

Unless this thing is an absolute game changer on the greens in a real round I’m going to just sell it. I feel like the best I can do is return and take a hit for the restocking fee.

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Here is the box they just sent me with a 5W - there is some packing, but it is just the paper in the box - it did nothing to prevent movement of the club in the box. It was not tightly wrapped at any point on the club - just a layer over it. Two foam blocks would have completely immobilized the club, and provided some resistance to a side impact on the box. They are getting better than a thin cardboard box, but they need to work on the packing guts a bit more IMO :)

img-2506.jpg

img-2505.jpg

img-2504.jpg

img-2503.jpg

Yes, I'm trying to get some clear ones. Black metal shafts don't photograph well. I can say that my packaging was identical to @ajlacombe 's box. No plastic bag over the putter or bubble wrap, just the putter, in its headcover, wrapped in paper.
I don't care about pretty boxes or anything, but when I pay $30 for shipping that thing ought to be in there snug. I wouldn't send a club like this to an eBay buyer or WRXer without feeling guilty.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

The last statement is exactly my thoughts. I Make sure my stuff I sell is not going to move and get damaged in any way. I always cringe when I get a club in a box. Two foam blocks is all they need - they could be 1" thick -- they would be quick to install and could have cutouts for 1-3 shafts on them - they could be adjusted for club length and reverse the clubs to get 3 in the box - done. Way faster packing, happier customer and far fewer insurance claims. It just seems like they are thinking like a bean counter and not a quality company from the customer's point of view.

Contact them with the pics and I bet they will replace it. You might want to slip in the fact that if it was packed better that would not have happened - no restock fee for damaged goods. I am sure the Better Business Bureau would agree since they did not deliver what you purchased

Ah, crappy. I have a 3 wood coming tomorrow, I'm betting the packaging will be the same.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Most Updated as of 7/24/2020.

I ordered below items when the up-charge was $125 for each wood (I am so lucky)

Order was made on 7/17/2020 the store after the fitting.

Received order confirmation on 7/21.

Shipment notified on 7/22/2020 (From AZ to GA)

Expected delivery date is 7/29/2020

Current Shipping Status

7/24/2020 03:00 AM - Left FedEx facility from Phoenix AZ.

I will be getting full club set within 2 weeks. I was told it will be take 3-5 weeks.

Below are the orders I made, hope this info helps.0811X Gen2 RH 10.5 Driver - Tensei CK Pro Orange 60- S (Fitter recommended CK Pro White 60-S, I asked him to get me Orange because I've been played 2 years with +15 Handicaps, I told him I will be better. Swing Speed : 108 mph (based on CK Pro White, it would be challenge using Orange with this speed) Ball Speed : 160 Mph Carry : 273 (5 Shots Average)The reason why I requested him for Orange is because I couldn't feel I am hitting the ball. I explained my plan is smashing only the Driver and Woods, and playing precisely using irons. That is why I wanted to try with Orange. I didn't try Orange in Fitting Session, but fitter said it would be okay and we will have spec check sessions once it delivers to my home.0341X Gen2 RH 3 Wood - Tensei CK Pro Blue 70- S0341X Gen2 RH 5 Wood - Tensei CK Pro Blue 70- S0317X Gen2 RH 19 Hybrid - Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid 80- SPXG-0211- 4- SW KBS-CTaperLiteRH Brandon Gen2- BLK - S-KBS-Putt-STRT-BlkPVD2020 Carry Stand Bag- BlackFairway Camo Players Towel

Golfer Info

29yr 5ft 11 inch 170 lbs.

Driver Swing Speed : 105 mph

7 Iron Swing Speed : 87 Mph

I was using Ping G410 Full set with Graphite Iron shaft S (86G). I liked the graphite shaft on iron at the beginning.

However, I felt shaft is too light weight to me as I am getting better.

Fitting Result was no big difference, but I could swing better with fitted Irons. I liked the feeling.

When I was using the Graphite Iron shaft, I had to use my hands more than body turns, it gives inconsistency and hurts my right shoulder.

I was going to change my swing from sequential golf swing to body turn swing for consistency and low probability getting injured (Correct me if I am wrong).

During the fitting I asked lots of questions and it was worth it, and I didnt know I needed 0.5 inch more length and 1 flat lie than standard setup.

Fitting must be recommended.

Do not buy the stock spec club. Get fitted and enjoy it, don't look back until you too old to down grade your shaft flex.

I will be checking lie & loft every years.

Well - I am blown away - I ordered a second putter on Monday and it was just shipped today - 4 days later and is scheduled to be delivered next Thursday. 10 days end to end. It was 3º upright as well, so not all that custom but not standard all the way around. Now we will see if it is a club in a box or if it is restrained :)

They have really been turning things around. They have been on a pretty big hiring binge as well. Good for PXG. I have been pretty thrilled with everything I have gotten so far - especially Proto Driver, Gen 2 FWs and Gen 2 Hybrid.

Wow. Quick turnaround. Did you order anything else with the irons? My order for Gen 2 0311P was received on 8/14 and it’s still showing items picked / in assembly.

Just updating- I sent PXG my photos earlier this morning and will share their response. I really, really love the putter and would prefer to not wait a month for a replacement. My main goal was to show them the kind of damage they are causing black putter shafts with this method of packaging.

I highly doubt you'd see this on standard steel shafts but it is possible.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Good luck - looking forward to how this turns out. I have a second black shafted putter on the way this week - fingers crossed. The shipment was ready Friday mid-day and did not leave until early on Monday - I think they are in cahoots with Google to know when you wanted the club by and delivering it the next day. That happened with a 5w that arrived the day I left for a golf trip, and this putter is going to arrive the day after my golf league :) The all black putter looks fantastic IMO.

First timer here. Thanks for the PXG lead time recon. Looking forward to peeping the forum more and contributing where I can.

I just got fitted for a driver on Saturday, July 25. Received confirmation email today. Shows the club is In status "order received". Earlier today I checked it and there was a little red box next to the status that inferred 8/14 the order would be ready, or would go to the next step in production. I can't remember exactly what it said, but now the date box is gone when I check it.

The 0811-XF I ordered is fairly "stock"; I didn't pay for an upgraded shaft. Aldila NV Green NXT 65- S. I'll be honest, I'm geeked to get this thing otherwise I wouldn't be hawking it like this.

Thanks again. I'll continue to update as my order progresses.

They seem to have been great recently- there was a bit of a rush back in May-June when the hero pricing deal was first advertised. It's nice when they give a realistic date and then beat it!

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Update 2:

Order status is now "shipped". It's shipping to the PXG store in town here (Saves 30 bucks in shipping cost and they dial in the settings found to work best for me at my fitting when it shows up) Club is estimated to arrive next Tuesday.

That is odd - I ordered a second Mini Gunboat with a big change in specs - 3º upright and 33" long and that was on the 20th of July, and it will be delivered tomorrow - and that was with it sitting from last Friday until Sunday night to be actually shipped after the label was created. I have the Sink Fit grip though. Maybe your grip was not in stock? I had a 5W sit for a week waiting on a grip.

I think I am done ordering PXG clubs for now - ordering them all individually was a stupid and torturous thing to do - and a lot more expensive. I am in for over $200 in shipping charges. I have to say I love the clubs though - every one of them is great.

Enjoy--use them well. I had actually initially picked up a set of Gen2 XF irons with SF 95, but sent them back. In retrospect, I don't think I gave them an adequate run. In any case, I had PXG re-shaft them within the 30-day return period with Elevate 95, and again wasn't blown away at first. Put them to the side for a couple of weeks, but then said, what the heck, give them a chance. Lo and behold, they are in the bag right now. Needed to commit to them for a bit, but they are rewarding me right now with excellent play. Very forgiving, with great forged feel, while not looking too chunky behind the ball. Good luck!

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 f3

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 54*/10 and 58*/10, MMT 105 S Scoring Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 Flow Neck Putter

I got a reply back re: the black putter shaft scratches. They did offer to replace the putter, but I decided to decline that. I enjoy the putter as built and don’t want to mess with the good mojo so far. I did ask if they would consider refunding the shipping charge I paid due to the issue but no response yet.

Just keep a heads up if you’re ordering putters. The paper likely won’t damage other shafts.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX