MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Shafts! Read What Members Are Saying!

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/6AZ7BDXNPHTT/tenseirawtesting-281-29.jpg[/img]

We have 6 members testing out the new Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW golf shafts! They will be putting these through the paces and reporting back to you their findings! Please feel free to ask any questions you might have, these members will be happy to answer! The testers are...
@burns9304 @shoot4par @minhjn @agood3putt @RSinSG @bonescu

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to Mitsubishi Golf for putting on this testing event!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

First I'd like to thank Mitsubishi and GolfWRX for providing me the opportunity of testing such a great product!

A little about me and my golf game: I just turned 38 and currently sitting at a +2.7 handicap with the strengths of my game being chipping, putting, strike efficiency and accuracy off the tee. I've been playing for 20 years and recently changed my swing which has nose dived my handicap to finally being able to maintain a plus index the full season. Driver swing speed was last measured at 109 with a ballspeed of 161.

My current gamer driver and shaft: Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Triple Diamond 9* with a Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X 45" with the sleeve setting to at -1N, the sliding weight fully in the toe and 6 grams for the forward weight. I've been playing this combo for a year and have been very happy with the pairing. Only complaints with the setup is that I sometimes get a case of the overdraws early in the round and that stay the entire round and a push that never comes back when I really go after it.

Shaft received to test: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 TX. Here are the pictures I took of it straight out of the box from MCA:

shaft.jpg I immediately installed a tour flat Callaway adapter, cut it for a 45" finished length and gripped it with my standard Lamkin Crossline Cord. One nice thing with the heat here in DFW was that the shaft epoxy dried in under 16 hours so I was able to use it for my mid-morning round Friday. On the driving range warming up I have to say the shaft and grip combo look stunning!

oncourse.jpg

address.jpgDriver setup with the Tensei AV Raw Orange 65: Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Triple Diamond 9*, 45" with the sleeve setting to at 0.75* flat, stated loft, the sliding weight fully in the toe and 14 grams for the forward weight.

I have two of the Epic Flash TD heads so I was able to test my gamer directly with the Tensei AV Raw Orange. First thing I noticed is that the shafts feel pretty identical in terms of flex for the way I load the club. Both of these shafts are very smooth, I would say the IZ might feel slightly stiffer in the butt and the Orange stiffer in the tip but both load perfect for me. Second thing I noticed was the lower trajectory of the Orange, which is to be expected. Peak height looked to be down around 5 yards over the IZ. Third thing was: WOW is the Orange straight! In the warm ups even swinging slower than normal the Raw Orange just wanted to go straight.

After the warmup it was time to head to the first tee and after the short range session I decided to use the Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 exclusively for the day. I was playing a course I've played a hundred plus times so I know where I normally am.

First hole is 415 yard par 4 with a slightly elevated tee with wind right to left and being left of the fairway off the tee is death. A good tee shot will leave me around 125 yards to the middle. I aimed down the right and hit a slightly toey draw that stayed right on my preferred line but never saw it down because of the tree blocking the view of the right side of the fairway from the tee. I was figuring I would have about 150 to 135 in due to the toe strike but was in the fairway so no harm. I get down there and look in the spot I was expecting to find it an no dice; the ball was just past the 100 yard marker leaving me only 96 to the center and a GPS measured 317 yard drive!

Driving continued to be great the rest of the day and my standard playing partners commented many times on how smooth it looked like I was swinging but the ball just kept going. Highlight of the day was a tap in eagle on the #3 handicap hole after a monster drive and easy approach to a par 5.

The last 2 holes I really tried to step on the driver just to test that portion and I pushed both of them, so that will have to be something I watch for and test more. Shaft seems to prefer a smooth swing but it's too early to tell.

The MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 will be in the bag for at least my next 3 rounds and 6 range sessions to put it through it full paces, but if it continues on like the first round it will unseat my long time defending champ the GD IZ 6X.

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them!

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
Titleist T150 4 Iron Fujikura Axiom 105

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

Very interested in trying this shaft. Thanks for the opportunity.

And... I just started a weeks fishing in Idaho so I’ll be delayed getting to this.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Really interested to get this testing going!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

My initial session and round comments have been added to my first post! I'm happy to answer any questions.

LAB DF3

Great review. As a previous IZ user, would you say the Orange is a little easier to play? I thought the IZ was very linear feeling and didn’t have much kick. I was fit into the Orange at PXG, but decided on the Pro White last year. Soft handle shafts are what I swing better.

Thanks for the answer or feedback.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I'd say to me they load fairly similar at least to me. IZ is a butt stiff shaft so I can see why you couldn't feel the load like you could the white. I played the CK pro orange before and I think that would fit you better than the AV raw orange.

LAB DF3

I'll be interested to hear the review(s) of the AV Blue. I just purchased a Raw AV Blue 6X to test, used to play CK pro blue and liked it a lot but the Tour AD DI is my bread and butter... Such a dependable and stable shaft for my swing. Driver club head is around 110-112 generally but I've always preferred a shaft that has more of a kick.

TaylorMade SIM 10.5* - HZRDUS "Hulk" PVD Green 70 6.0

TaylorMade SIM Max 15* - GD AD-DI 7x

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid - GD AD-DI 85x

TaylorMade P770 4-5 - Project X 6.0

TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW - Project X 6.0

Mizuno T20 50*, 55*, 60* - TI S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Pro V1x

Super fortunate to be selected and I went with Blue 65TX. Combination of really liking the pro blue in my 3W and number of tour players that used the non raw version of this shaft with success. Add in a life long Freddie fan and blue fit the bill to test. Only downside is my club builder has 4 more days left on his quarantine so it will be the weekend before I can start putting it through the paces. Including the mask with the shaft was a huge touch of class, especially as the day it arrived was the day Colorado went mask mandatory. More to follow!

I game the CK Pro White TX so if anyone can comment on the AV White comparisons to the CK White that would be awesome

Callaway Paradym TD - MCA Kai'li White 60X

TM M4 3W - MCA Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

TM M3 3H - PX HZRDUS Black 6.5

Srixon ZX5 MKII - PX LZ 6.5 - 4-P

Vokey SM8 - DG S400 (black) - 50.12F,  54.14F, 58.12D

Scotty 2018 Newport 2

Vice Pro Plus

Really interested to see how this performs, once out of the honeymoon period.

Ping G410+ 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x

Taylormade Sim Max 15* - Accra TZ6 M4 75 

Titleist TS2 20* - Accra TZ6 M4 85

Taylormade P760 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0

Vokey SM8 - 50* 54* 58*

Taylormade Spider X - 34.75"

Bridgestone Tour B X.

Great review, looking forward to the updates. With the Orange being counter balanced, does the driver head feel any differently during your swing?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

I swapped out the 6 gram front weight of the Epic Flash Subzero TD to a 14 gram to get the feel I was looking for. The change got it to D4 from the D3 it was with the IZ and the 6 gram weight.

LAB DF3

Got in 2 more range session and another round today. Driver swing wasn't quite as good as it was last time, but I've got the shaft figured out for when I try and step on it. Moved the weight about 1/2" towards the middle from the extreme toe and it makes the hard swings become a 5 yard fade instead of the push I was seeing early on. My strike on the driver was a little suspect today but shaft is still super straight and still hit all but 2 fairways (not out of the normal for me) with a few 300+ yards bomb. I asked my normal group what they thought of my driving game with the new shaft and they said to keep it in the bag. Ball flight is noticeably lower than my IZ with spin being slightly lower even playing it at 1* more loft. Like the Raw Orange in the driver so much I'm looking into getting the Raw Blue 75TX to try in the 3 wood.

LAB DF3

Finally was able to get the build finalized. Playing twice this weekend, home course,

5adb0009-fe34-4748-a849-4340b4cd26d0.jpegnormal group both days so will get some good on course feedback right out of the gate. Went to the range after work, but rain cut session short only got in 10 drivers. Flight was really stable. Have been playing both a SIM 10.5 and M2 tour issue head throughout the year. Going with Sim this weekend to give best comparison. But on the range, M2 with this shaft had potential. My guy cut it 1/4” too long compared to my normal as it feels a little longer than i am accustomed to. However, on the range flight was encouraging. Ball flight was flat and window was just slightly higher than Ventus Black 6X. But as I mentioned sample selection was very small. Shaft looks great installed and feels a little heavy in the handle right now. Again, that might be related to the length. Will send more after round tomorrow and again Sunday. Mask is a solid touch of class that generates a lot of questions. I am 51 handicap range is 1-3 and have always had good length going back to college golf days 1988-92. Game has been hit and miss since CO got out of the lockdown and really driver has been a bit part of the down rounds. Have the Pro Blue 70TX in an M6 tour issue 3 wood and that have been so good on the course this year that is what motivated me to try this shaft in driver. Looks great installed, tried to get a few pics in garage in between rain storms and will take more on course tomorrow. Course is long over 7350 and has OB on both sides of every hole through the housing development. Best feedback I can provide will be putting it through the paces over the weekend.

151d4bdf-9272-482f-bb65-b182438c8976.jpeg

c4049965-0e09-45f2-b2ff-1b9d2024ca99.jpeg

Thank you to GolfWRX and Mitsubishi Chemical for this opportunity! I was selected to test the AV Raw White 65TX

The good news is that I got the shaft tip installed and ready to go yesterday. The bad news is that I’ve got a small weekend getaway planned for this weekend.

I hope to test starting next week and will have much more content to post!

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Mother Nature did not cooperate as I hoped this past week. Rained overnight Friday into Saturday and the course ran the normal water cycle so Saturday was the most wet the course has been in 2020. Used the Raw Blue in the M2 head. Have been dealing with a love/hate with the SIm this year and went M2. Again, course was wet/air was heavy for Colorado in July so distance was not a true comparison. Thoughts from on course play. Round set up for me to hit 10 drivers on a course that is typically 8-12 depending on conditions.

I felt the flight was strong, i like to hit it on the high end with driver and this shaft produced that but nothing spiny or too high. Felt like the flight was pretty strong. Had one shot that was off the charts but had nothing to do with the shaft, operator error. Dispersion was good. Other than the one awful swing misses were manageable and in play. Hit two that i was surprised distance wise based on how wet the course was so that was encouraging. I did confirm build is 1/2” longer than my normal but that is getting adjusted tomorrow.

Shaft feels stout in the handle but nothing overwhelming. I did like the characteristics of flight and with limited range time, it was very playable on the course. Hoping to get some TMan data later this week and put on course twice later in the week.

Comparison data on Trackman will be versus Ventus Black and possibly KKXD.

Thanks again to Golfwrx and Mitsubishi Chemical. I am a huge fan of Mitsubishi shafts, as I am currently playing Aldila Rogue Silver 70X in the three wood, and Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX in the hybrids, so you can imagine my excitement when I was picked to test to the AV Raw White 65TX.A little about me and my game:

I am 33 years old, 5'11" and 195 lbs (Quarantine has not been kind to the waistline lol). Former D1 tennis player, so a decent athlete in the past. I hover around 105 driver SS depending on the day. Arccos currently has me at a 0.8 handicap, which is probably a little low in my opinion, due to a little streak of very good play and hot putting this summer. Quarantine has been good for the golf game, and I am playing more this spring/summer than I have in years. I'm probably closer to a 2 hcp on average. I'm not a high spin player or anything, and my general shot shape is a sling draw with just about every club except the short irons. I don't really hit fades unless I have to. Best parts of my game are my driving and my iron game.Current Gamer: PING G410 LST 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X - D3 SW @ 44.75" - Neutral sleeve setting - Neutral weight setting

Been using the DI for close to 7 years now. There's been dalliances with other shafts over the years, but I always come back to old trusty. It's consistent, I like how it kicks at impact, and I like how it stays with me when I step on one. Ball flight might be a little low according to what would be considered "optimal" by launch monitors, but I don't play launch monitor golf, and I like hitting the driver in a certain window to combat the very windy central Oklahoma conditions. Only complaints are sometimes I will overdraw due to a toe strike where the ball will knuckle and fall out of the sky. I attribute that to user error vs the club. I've attached my Arccos driver data for this combo.

photo-jul-27-2c-8-38-51-pm.pngUnboxing and the build:

The shaft looks incredible. The upper weave portion with the silver pattern is slick and an eye catcher. Thanks to MRC for the classy touch of throwing in a mask!!

I went forward with the build and spec'd everything out. I ended up leaving the shaft untipped, cut to 45", and it is playing around D3-4 in the PING G410 LST with my normal Z-Cord.

photo-jul-17-2c-11-23-15-am.jpg

photo-jul-17-2c-11-28-35-am.jpg

photo-jul-27-2c-9-34-07-pm.jpgFirst Impressions - Charity Golf Scramble - July 27

I had the opportunity to play in a scramble, and I figured it would be the perfect scenario to start testing this shaft, as I would get a chance to hit driver on every tee box, and also I'd get the chance to really step on a couple.

**Feel: -Compared to Pro White: This shaft feels smoother and less stiff than the Pro White. I find the Pro White to feel very stiff and stout. The Raw White seems to flex a little lower than the Pro White. The Pro White always seemed to have the bend point in the handle, while the Raw White bends a lower in the area where the aluminum weave is. The tips feel similar as far as stiffness and stability. I was still impressed that this shaft seems to hold up on a hard swing and load. Being a scramble, when I went after drives, the shaft didn't seem to get overloaded or anything like that. Stayed with me the whole swing. I immediately liked it better than the Pro White from a feel perspective.

-Compared to the AD-DI: The Raw White feels more stable than the AD-DI as well. The butt section on the DI feels a lot stiffer than the Raw White, while the tip is probably a little softer. I don't feel a pronounced shaft kick on the Raw White like I do with the DI. Again, overall, just very smooth and stable. I like the feel of both shafts, they just feel a little different.

**Distance: I checked a couple distances using Arccos and the distance was nothing alarming or out of the ordinary Around 250-260-ish when uphill or into the wind, 280-290 on normal and downwind. I was maybe a little shorter driving the ball into the wind, and maybe a little shorter overall, but impossible to say conclusively without being on a monitor

**Launch and Accuracy: Note, this is all to the naked eye and I could be wrong. The Raw White seemed to launch a touch higher with a little more spin on average compared to my current gamer. I definitely hit a couple that I would consider to be higher my normal launch window, but I was teeing high and letting it fly in the scramble. I definitely noticed the Raw White wanted to be straighter than the DI. I actually missed a couple of fairways barely on the right side of the rough, as I was playing my usual start lines, and the draw was not curving as much as it usually does. An eye opening moment was on hole 11 where I thought I hit what I thought was one of my usual misses, which is the drawing knuckleball that goes left and falls out of the sky fast. With the Raw White, it kinda hung on for dear life and ended up in the left rough in playable position. I do feel like I would've been in the trees with the DI. The flight, in general, of the Raw White seems more stable in the air versus the DI.

**Bottom Line after First Session: I didn't really hit any foul balls or weird drives during the Scramble, granted, there isn't any match pressure. Every drive ended up being pretty playable, which I liked. I seemed to be striking the ball well and making good to great contact, so the shaft was allowing me to deliver the club consistently, so no strike issues. The Raw White definitely staying in the bag for a little bit, as I was very impressed after the first go around. I will continue to update this thread, and I hope to get either on course or on a monitor in the near future. Please ask any and all questions and I will try my best to answer

• Like 1

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Just put the AV Raw Blue in 3 wood and 5 wood, in 75 TX and 85 TX respectively. It is so good. I was a former believer of the Tour AD DI 7X in both before and I hit the AV Raw Blue a lot better.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Had my 3rd round with the Raw Orange 65TX and it feels about time to say this shaft is IN THE BAG. Signature is updated to reflect this and I've been so impressed I ordered a Raw Blue 75TX to try in the 3 wood from Will Peoples. The IZ was knocked out after a good 3 year run in having it in the 2017 M3 and the Epic Flash SZ TD.

My round today was unfortunately on a course where I only hit 4 drivers the entire day (Fossil Creek in Fort Worth) but each one was fantastic. The lack of curvature/straightness from the shaft still seems to be the the biggest upside for the Tensei Raw Orange, but the distance is definitely not lacking. Feel on this shaft is fantastic and it really fits how I swing the club. I would 100% recommend for you to give this shaft a try. If you have any specific question on the ball flight numbers, feel, or dispersion I'm seeing let me know and I'll be happy to share.

LAB DF3

Round 2 with the Blue today. After round 1 had it cut down to play at 45.25”. Just an error by the builder.

I can see that this shaft has performed really well for me. I have not had any shots that spin at a high level and launch has been in really good windows. For me, this shaft has not missed right, the bias on misses would be a little left. But, that is also might standard swing characteristic miss and this shaft does not added to that left miss. Over two rounds only one off the chart miss and that was 1000% user error. All other shots have been in fairway or very playable on course misses.

Over 2 rounds I have found the length to be in line with the other shafts I have played in 2020. Ventus Black, Smoke Green and KKXD. I would say that over the course of both rounds the average distance would be maybe 3-5 yards longer, but I would attribute that to a couple each round that are 15 yards longer than my normal. Yesterday on par 5 11th I had 181 to middle of the green. Been steady 200-220 most of the season on that hole. That is what I have found both rounds there are 1-2 shots that are sneaky long.

Playing again today, different course but going to try and use GPS unit to capture all drives and will share more details.

2 rounds in and I can say that this shaft is a very solid option and one I will continue to use for the coming rounds.

Third on course round, results were mixed. But more me than anything as I was fighting my swing.

Still encouraged with dispersion on misses and hit one that was an absolutely bomb. A couple other misses spun up on me, but first time that has happened and again, judging by other clubs and shots more me than the shaft. Just was fighting my swing all day.

hope to put this through the paces on more testing in the next 48 hours to collect some data and share with multiple head and shaft combos.

Thank you GolfWRX and Mitsubishi Chemical for giving me the opportunity to test the new Tensei AV Raw series. Variables in the test are obviously human error and a lingering left wrist injury, which is effecting my total swing speed. After some deliberation, I decided upon the AV Raw Orange 75s. I outfitted it with an Iomic sticky 2.3 and fitted it to an Epic Sub Zero (9*, -1/N). It was butt trimmed to play at 44 inches and has no sort of tipping.  The shaft is slightly shorter than my current gamer, which is a Kiyoshi White 65s. 

I was fortunate enough to compare both shafts on trackman and that was a big help. My sample size was around 50 shots plus 20 warm up shots with a 6 iron. The Tensei spun a bit more and from a total distance perspective was about ten yards shorter than the Kiyoshi white. The launch angle of the Tensei was around 12 degrees. The Kiyoshi was around 14.1 degrees. Total distance with the Tensei was between 260 and 270.  Average spin rate was around 2700. The Kiyoshi was probably around 2400.   I felt the shaft was stable. I didn’t see any significant speed differences going between a counter balanced shaft and a traditional shaft.  

On the golf course, I found myself more comfortable hitting the draw with the tensei and the hook didn’t completely fall out of the sky. The hard hook and block are typically my misses.  The cut spun more but it found fairways and I didn’t sacrifice a ton of distance.  It feels relatively stable and produces consistent flights. I don’t believe that the shorter shaft had as much an effect on consistency. I will continue to update you all on my findings.  If anyone has any questions please direct message or post in the forums. Thank you again for the opportunity. I will update with pictures soon.

Waiting to post my review of the AV Raw White 65 S as MCA informed me that they are backordered on this shaft. Thank you again to Golfwrx & MCA for the opportunity! I will post my review/notes/thoughts once the shaft arrives and is tipped and gripped!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

What driver head are you playing? And what length do you play your driver at? I think those could determine which you fit better into

Srixon Z Star Diamond

I had the chance to play 9 holes after work today with the Tensei AV Raw White 65TX. I was 3/5 on fairways when I used driver and the two I missed, I barely missed the fairway by a couple yards. I continue to REALLY like this shaft. It feels good and I'm hitting it great right now. It's a really good mix of feel and stability for my swing.

I'll go through hole by hole on the holes I used driver, along with my Arccos screens so you all can follow along

Hole 1 - Par 4 - 342 yardsThis is a short par 4 straight away. It's usually a fairway wood for me but it was playing 15mph into the wind so I grabbed driver, aimed it at the fairway bunker on the right and hit a perfect little low fairway finder with a tight draw at about 85% speed. Perfect way to start the day. Ended up hitting the 60* to ten feet and burying the putt. What a start!

291c28f8-7e4b-4e35-b87f-3e0f020445b1.pngHole 2 - Par 4 - 417 yardsThis hole plays up the hill and plays longer than the card. Also played directly into a 15 mph wind which made this hole a beast. I went after this drive and hit a really nice tight high draw up the right. The ball seemed to cut through the wind pretty good.

11ad526b-d759-4ccd-9952-8cbd6a4b80b1.png

Hole 6 - Par 5 - 485 yardsShort par 5. Slight dogleg left. This is a birdie hole usually. Wind was down and pushing the ball right. The play is to draw it and hold it up into the breeze and get it through the dog. I started this drive where I wanted to, but I caught it a little toe side and it drew a little more than I was wanting. I only missed the fairway by a few yards and it ended up very playable in the left rough. I hit a god awful 2nd and couldn't get up and down. Made par. My playing partner who knows my game really well remarked after the drive that he thought the shaft saved that drive and with the DI, I would've been in the left trees. He said that my draw seems more stable during flight.

2695ff96-412e-420d-9ac3-1dd84d046000.png

Hole 8 - Par 5 - 556 yardsStraight away Par 5 playing straight down wind 10-15mph. I tried step on this one and go 100% on it to try and get home in 2, but I did the same thing here as #6, caught it a little toe side and overdrew it a bit. Ended up just missing the fairway by a couple yards but had some tree trouble. The same thing here, this shaft seems to really help stabilize my toe side miss

197850bd-39d0-4a15-b4ef-77a04edb9291.png

Hole 9 - Par 4 - 379 yardsStraight away Par 4. Played straight down wind today 10-15 mph. I thought I hit a really good one here, high with a tight draw and was honestly surprised it only went 279y down wind. It may have spun up a little too much, but it's hard to argue with 280 down the middle so I wasn't too upset.

6a131353-dc0c-4b63-9dbb-7e19e37c334a.png

Closing thoughtsI continue to really like this shaft and how it's performing outdoors on the course in real life game situations. It's working well when I dial it back like on 1, and when I really went after it on 8. I have a lot of confidence in it right now. It's staying in the bag right now, and I'll continue to update everyone during this journey. More rounds and hopefully some monitor testing to follow.

• Like 2

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Was able to get into a simulator and get some indoor numbers. I typically am 2-3 MPH slower indoors but the relativity of the test is viable as the elements were the same. Immediately since the reopening of courses, driver has been an ongoing experiment for me. Multiple heads, shafts etc... So for this i used the two heads and shaft compared tot he AV Blue Raw that I have had the most success with. Below you will see a Retail 10.5 Sim with Ventus Black 6X and AV Raw BLue 65 TX compared to Each other and same shafts using a TI 2017 M2 head with heavier weight in the back. The on course results have been a slight edge in consistency with the M2, however there have been rounds that the Sim was all it is made out to be. I have never been one to get along great with the adjustable weight heads through the history of TM series drivers. I have gravitated towards the M2-M4 models. Hope the below helps.

M2

Blue Launch 13.8 spin 2062 carry 279

Ventus Black launch 14.1 spin 2288 carry 272

Sim

Blue launch 15* spin 2390 carry 280

Ventus Black launch 14.2 Spin 2300 Carry 282

Not a lot in it and shows that really for me, i am right around the same with most combos. Not sure what I will settle on but right now I would say M2 with Blue or Sim with Ventus are most likely. I have had some competition rounds with Sim with Ventus that were decent so that might be the 2020 end game. As many of us know search never ends...