2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2019 Titleist T200 irons

GolfWRX

• 2 weeks later...

I've played a few rounds with my T200's and I'm not in love yet. I was more consistent with my Japanese irons but obviously I need more time with these T200's. When I was fitted for these irons, they went an average of 8 yards further than my TX-V irons with a tighter dispersion. So far, my dispersion has been tight but my distance has been shorter. I can tell it's me and not the irons but I was expecting to get the hang of them quicker since I was fitted. I'm playing a much heavier shaft (True Temper X100 Tour Issue) in these T200 irons so I think my swing isn't use to them yet.

• 5 months later...

I'd imagine you should select the club that you hit the distance you are looking at? Regardless of the lofts, you still may hit the same clubs the same distance and plus thats going to be dependent on each person and can differ.

• Like 1

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

For those with a full set of T200's - how do you find the transition between the 7 and 8 irons with the tech change?

PING G425 MAX W/ TENSEI AV RAW ORANGE X

TITLEIST TSR2 5 WOOD W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

TITLEIST TSR2 4 HYBRID W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

MIZUNO 223 5-P W/ DG 120 X100

MIZUNO T22 50-56-60 W/ DG S400

SCOTTY CAMERON PHANTOM X7

Over the last few years, I have played I200, JPX 900, and 919 forged. (3-4 handicap Ping diehard that fell off the wagon a few years for the Mizuno beauties) I have about 10 rounds on the T200 now, and for me, the T200 irons have really helped my iron play. They have been more accurate on good strikes and also with my a little towards the toe mishits. Distance control has been great with zero hot low spin flyers. (this was one of my concerns before purchase) The overall distance has been at least the same or maybe 1/2 club longer despite my constant battle with back stiffness and spasms. They do not dig like the 900/919 did for me and feel they play similar to the I200 in the dirt. After impact, they just seem to easily slide through the turf/dirt with very little shock to the wrists which is a very big plus for me as I have been putting off going with graphite shafts. I love the feel of steel. The spin seems perfect. I hit these with a mid flight and I have no problems holding the firm elevated greens on the course I play. I have not played them in stronger wind yet. I think they look awesome and I do get a lot of wow, those look really nice comments. This is my first Titleist iron set over the 40yrs I have been golfing. I sold all of my iron sets over the Winter, so I ended up buying these new, online, sight unseen as I needed a set to play due to Covid delaying most new model releases. I was not fitted, but I did pay attention to the lie angles/shaft lengths and had hit the AMT black shaft before in a Ping I500 demo club. Am I still be in the honeymoon stage? Maybe, but I sure hope not, as I am now hitting more greens avg per round than I ever have over the last 5, maybe even 10yrs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went into to Watts right before the pandemic to get the Apex forged. Also hit the T200. Left with the T200. A few yards longer, more forgiving and felt just as good. Been happy ever since. Came from a Srixon 585785 mix set that I really liked but T200 are better IMO

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

I use T200 4 and 5 iron and they are rocket launchers. Had to weaken the lofts. Super easy to hit and forgiving. Just don't feel or sound half as good as T100 with a clunkier sound and feel. Excellent irons for who they fit though.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

i havent really given Titleist irons a second look in forever. been a Ping/Mizuno guy forever until i went with the PXG 0311 2 years ago. these T200 are the first time i held a Titleist iron in hand that i wanted to hit. been reading reviews the last few days on them to see if they were special as i haven't seen a lot on them could be my predisposition to ignore Titleist threads. anyway, reviews were solid. the lofts scared me and i don't hit the ball long. but it just seems like a drastic difference. thought that would be the typical low spin, strong loft new players distance iron. after all, that is the category im after as i only hit my 7iron about 155-160.

always looked at the Ping i500, P790, 919F and a few others but quite preferred the feel of the 0311 to those. i was shocked at the spin numbers being reported on youtube by these T200. such strong lofts and great spin? wow. could it be true? havent hit them yet, but i am awfully anxious to. they look great. love the thinner sole (to most distance irons) or at least how its beveled to appear smaller and love the head shape.

loving the reviews.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I have a set of T200s, provided by another site (to remain nameless) for me to review. In comparison to my previous clubs (714 AP2, KBS Tour)), the lofts are 3 to 4 degrees stronger. In launch monitor testing when I was selecting shafts (selected the AMT Red), these are about 10 yards longer than the AP2, but the launch angle was almost identical. To take the "loft-jacking" issue out of play, my conclusion is that my 150-yard club will now launch higher than my precious 150 yard club. The launch monitor testing held true when I took the clubs to the course. Spin, holding the greens on the course, has been just as good as the AP2.

For a previous poster, I don't feel any difference between the 7 and 8 irons, even though the tech does change between them. Distance control is similar, and distance gapping is consistent with the gaps between other clubs in the set.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 11:15 AM, 4ever34 said:

Still laughing at the ball marker comment. You always got easy access to 7-8 of them

That was kinda funny as I had a good laugh

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 10/19/2020 at 7:41 PM, SwooshLT said:

Reviving this thread......looking for long term reviews.....primarily for anyone that use to be a low launch player that now hit long irons higher for more carry....

Got 3 rounds under my belt and these are keepers......despite lofts being stronger,  I'm hitting T200s higher and obviously 7-10yds further! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a demo 7-iron of the T200. If it warms up this weekend, I am heading out to the range. My numbers were good at the golf shop, and launch monitor numbers are nice data to have, but I want to see the true ball flight. The lighter steel shaft (TT AMT red S300) improved my 7-iron swing speed from 82-mph to 85.5-mph when compared to my 7-iron. I like the look of the T200. I hope it performs for me!

It was cool and breezy (43* F) but the course was empty, so I grabbed a bag of 50 balls and hit shots from various holes. I hit from the fairway, rough, and off of a tee. Then I went to the range and hit balls for another 20 minutes. My first impression is the ball flies very high, and despite the low-spin technology Titleist claims, the ball stops very quickly on the green. I imagine the AMT Red shaft has something to do with this high ball flight. 

I found that I could work the ball both ways, but the club “wants” to fly high and straight.  I gained about 1/2 club in carry yardage. This club is forgiving, but not as forgiving as my cavity backed Pings. Overall, I like this club. I am not sold, yet. There are a few others I’d like to try. I’m in no rush. It’s November which means our golf season is coming to an end in New England. 

• Like 1

The journey continues. We had nice weather today so I hit the club again, after which I cleaned and returned the T200 7-iron to the golf shop and gave them my critique. My main concern was the high trajectory and my difficulty in flighting the ball down with this club/shaft combination. They told me to try the AMT S300 Black shaft. I can’t wait to compare the two shafts. The cool thing is, they gave me the red and black shafts with the wrench, so that I can hit a few “side-by-side” with each and compare. 

I think that I may be buying irons in November! As crazy as this sounds, but I like the look of these irons. My buddies tell me to wait for the new stuff in the spring, but these T200 are very nice. What do you think? Have I fallen in love too soon or pull the trigger? 

1 hour ago, Moonlightgrm said:

The journey continues. We had nice weather today so I hit the club again, after which I cleaned and returned the T200 7-iron to the golf shop and gave them my critique. My main concern was the high trajectory and my difficulty in flighting the ball down with this club/shaft combination. They told me to try the AMT S300 Black shaft. I can’t wait to compare the two shafts. The cool thing is, they gave me the red and black shafts with the wrench, so that I can hit a few “side-by-side” with each and compare. 

I think that I may be buying irons in November! As crazy as this sounds, but I like the look of these irons. My buddies tell me to wait for the new stuff in the spring, but these T200 are very nice. What do you think? Have I fallen in love too soon or pull the trigger? 

Tell me more about you and your game.

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

Tell me more about you and your game.

I started playing at 10 years of age. I just turned 63 years old this month. I was once a scratch golfer but still manage to play to an index of 3.8. I have lost a lot of clubhead speed in the past 5-years and know I need to move to a lighter shaft and more forgiving irons. For what it’s worth, Foresight has my 7-iron speed at 85.5 mph with the AMT S300 Red shaft. I thought I was headed for graphite shafts or regular flex in steel, but the fitter recommends the S300. I know that I no longer swing my driver at 100+ mph. I am probably in the 95 mph neighborhood. 

I have also hit the T300s but they look like shovels to me. I have hit a friends Epic forged with 90 gram graphite shafts and I was hitting bombs. I didn’t like the dispersion but the golf ball went distances that I achieved 10 years ago. For example, I carried his 5-iron 190 yards. However, I felt like I put three similar swings on his 5-iron and the results were a draw, a fade, and a hook. That type of inconsistency scared me but I loved seeing the ball stay in the air like days of old. 

Edited by Moonlightgrm
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonlightgrm said:

I started playing at 10 years of age. I just turned 63 years old this month. I was once a scratch golfer but still manage to play to an index of 3.8. I have lost a lot of clubhead speed in the past 5-years and know I need to move to a lighter shaft and more forgiving irons. For what it’s worth, Foresight has my 7-iron speed at 85.5 mph with the AMT S300 Red shaft. I thought I was headed for graphite shafts or regular flex in steel, but the fitter recommends the S300. I know that I no longer swing my driver at 100+ mph. I am probably in the 95 mph neighborhood. 

I have also hit the T300s but they look like shovels to me. I have hit a friends Epic forged with 90 gram graphite shafts and I was hitting bombs. I didn’t like the dispersion but the golf ball went distances that I achieved 10 years ago. For example, I carried his 5-iron 190 yards. However, I felt like I put three similar swings on his 5-iron and the results were a draw, a fade, and a hook. That type of inconsistency scared me but I loved seeing the ball stay in the air like days of old. 

Very , very similar stories........I'm an old 55 ; Formerly scratch but injuries and medical have me falling apart......driver speed once 110 now hovering around 90 and iron speed in the 70s

I still love/like players irons coming out of Srixon 785/585 combo.....they still work but the feel/sound component changes with undercut cavity in 585....

I have amt black r300 in my T200 4-gw then changed to amt red in 7-4 irons.....game changers.....FOR ME! If I was fitting you, I'd put you in black s300 .....with your speed , the ability to get 7 iron and above in the air shouldn't be an issue......my dispersion with T200 is the shining star.....these definitely fly higher than previous irons for me ......90g tungsten helps .....turf interaction is amazing.....not too deep but cleanly through. 

I found my set of 8 on ebay for nearly 600 off retail pricing after tax(1500 for 8 piece) 

My friend changed irons.....he grabbed bb21 irons hybrids and driver

Those are similar in size/profile to T300s.....

He took a glance and said...."those are tiny" 

I giggled and thought to myself.....wait to you see them fly! 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, Moonlightgrm said:

Screenshot_20201125-181617_Gallery.jpg.a6f0992dc66fa1083a377db4b4868ab6.jpg

6i from 171.....hit all four par 3s making 2 tweets

Edited by SwooshLT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Screenshot_20201125-181617_Gallery.jpg.a6f0992dc66fa1083a377db4b4868ab6.jpg

6i from 171.....hit all four par 3s making 2 tweets

I’d say spin is not a problem. Nice shot!

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 9:30 PM, tincup_jeff said:

> @msands12 said:

> I just got back to the office from an outdoor fitting for the new T Line. I had the best results and ordered a set of T200 4-PW. I will try and give you

> guys as much information about my fitting and how I ended up going with T200. Ask any questions if need be.

>

> 6 weeks ago I went in for an iron fitting. We tried Apex, Apex Pro, 919 Forged & Tour, 718 Ap2 & Ap3. After a very in-depth and detailed fitting I had the best results with the 718 Ap2 in X100 AMT White. Being that my fitter is world class, he said he wouldn’t sell me clubs or let me pay for the fitting until the new Titleist gear came in for his fitting cart. And with the 718 Ap2 still spinning a bit lower than needed, he wanted to see if any of the new gear would better help in spin.

>

> Today I arrived and it was a very hot day and a slight wind that was in and off the right. He had a T200 in 7i built and ready to test. After some warm ups, lie test and feeling ready to go. We jumped to the area where he has his FlightScope set up. Here are my take aways from my experience:

>

> 1. The T200 looks just like the 718 Ap2 at address in terms of top line, size and shape. He even had the 718 Ap2 head out to test against and show me.

> 2. If I didn’t know already, that the face was forged, I would have thought it was a forged club in terms of feel. I could not tell a difference in feel between the T200 and T100 in terms of forged feeling.

> 3. There is a little bit of offset, but I didn’t mind it to be honest and it looks a lot less to me, then what I would think for a club with more offset then the T100 and 718 Ap2. It was very easy to set down and sat naturally square at address.

> 4. The turf interaction was awesome. And that is with Texas summer fairways / course grass.

> 5. The kicker for me was how impressed I was on toe strikes. My miss on the face is always toe side. My 716 Ap2 where awful on two strikes. I only saw on average 4-5 yard difference in carry distance on toe strikes.

> 6. Yes, the lofts are jacked, but I guess due to the CG, new tech and all that, my distances where right on par with my current gamers and what I want in a 7i (170-175 carry)

> 7. The T200 didn’t have that terrible “click” sound I thought the Ap3 had. I had no issues with impact sound the T200 made.

>

> The T100 are a great looking and feeling iron. They are a bit more blade like in shape, offset and size. I would say if you are a CB player and want to game something CB like but have all the new tech and added forgiveness, this would be a club for you to look at. I couldn’t get the T100 to spin enough and toe strikes where still a little to punishing for my liking. The golf hoe in me wants to play t100, but I need clubs that help when the operator isn’t working right. The data was very similar to the 718 Ap2 data from my fitting 6 weeks ago.

>

> My handicap is currently a 7 and I do believe I found a great iron to help with my biggest weakness… iron play. My set make up will be 4 - PW +1/2 1* flat with AMT X100 White.

>

> Swing and ball data averages from my fitting where: 90mph swing speed, 14.5* launch, 6940 spin, descent angle 42.5*, ball speed 119.5 and carry distance 176.9.

>

> As far as the gapping in wedges, I currently have a 50, 54 and 58. As he mentioned, every player has a gap, it just depends on the player and their game. When the new irons come and we do a fit testing, he is going to bend my 50 to a 48 and see if we can help with some of the gapping. If the 50 bent doesn’t work or causes any issues with turf interaction or ball flight issues, he said i might have to order the GW if I want to play a 3 wedge set up.

I just hit the T200's today (I'm a 4 HCP) and I loved them so much (Over the T100) that I ordered a full set in the PX LZ 6.0, 1 degree weak. I concur with everything you said above and had similar results. These irons look amazing at address and feel exceptional.

I’m curious how you’ve got along with the project x lz 6.0 with these heads?? 

When I got fitted for my T200 blacks I was impressed how well the stock TT AMT black performed for me. I’ve never been a TT fan with my ss not being all that fast but I’m quick in my transition and these amt black just worked great. I was seeing around 165 when I hit the 7 iron well and dropped straight down. Only got one round in and it was stupid wind but the irons were great. I might actually make it the whole year with these, lol. 

• Like 1